Unjust Hanging of Van Tuong Nguyen

Hagbard Celine said:
Iraqis didn't attack us on 9/11, al-Qaeda did. Nobody here has ever excused the savages who attacked us on 9/11....GENIUS!
Nor with Singapore, genius. Isn't this getting old?

LuvRPgrl said:
POT

KETTLE

BLACK

You can logically argue that the death penalty is too harsh and unjust, but for you to argue that it should be FORCED upon the people of Singapore has no standing.

No matter how many times we say, if you dont like the law, dont go to Singapore, or if you do go, dont take drugs, you wont hear it. lalalalallalalalallalalalalalalallalalallalalalal
Thank you for your intellectually stimulating insight Luvergirl. If you'll refer to one of my above posts, you'll see that I don't want to go to Singapore. Now whether or not I do or don't go to Singapore will never change the fact that these people are savages because they are murdering a man who did nothing more than carry drugs into their country. He didn't harm anybody. He should be extradicted to Australian authorities.

LuvRPgrl said:
Silly arguement on your part. Actually, blocking a fire hydrant certainly could lead to VIOLENT deaths. And so does drug trafficking.
So I guess illegal parking should also be an offense punishable by death?:wtf:

LuvRPgrl said:
Yea, but they would probably be stupid enough to pack some drugs with them. I mean, their logic dictates they must be stoned half the time :)
I take offense here. I don't do drugs. I gave up reefer when I graduated highschool and I haven't touched the stuff since. It takes a lot of will power to not smoke, especially living in a college town like Athens, Georgia where I am constantly given the chance to smoke it. Shove your assumptions about me where the sun don't shine genius.

LuvRPgrl said:
So you would include abortionists who kill innocent unborn children. Dont bother with, "its not a human child yet" bullshit. Everyone KNOWS it is. Its a biological fact.

So, sticking a tube into the skull via the back of the neck, and sucking out its brains, and cutting off the arms and legs so its easier to pull it through, thats not savage and unjust? Please tell me exactly what that child did to deserve that? Oh, unless you are out and about arguing against abortions. ?? :)
I've been waiting for someone to bring up the abortion issue with me again. It's been awhile and I've since changed my mind on the issue. I mulled the issue over and over in my brain and I decided that I think abortions are equal to murder. I'm now anti death penalty and anti abortion, but I'm still conflicted about the woman's right to choose during the first and second trimester...I'm not a woman, so maybe my opinion doesn't matter.

LuvRPgrl said:
PRECISELY ! INCORRECT !!!!!!!!!

They do in fact value human life, and the quality of those human lives. Which is precisely why they dont want DRUGS IN THEIR COUNTRY. Which part of that dont you understand? Singapore is in the middle of trade routes in which many people, if not for the harsh law, would be trafficking drugs, and along with that comes trafficking of women and children for pedophiles and the like.
They obviously don't value human life if they are so willing to extinguish it at the drop of a proverbial hat. If someone is sentenced to die, they should have at least committed some kind of act in which they harmed someone else. If he had committed a violent crime, I might be able to understand why he is being put to death, but the guy just had some drugs...Is that worth killing him? No IMO.

Max Power said:
I do believe that unjust laws should be changed, and I don't believe they should be enforced.

Haha see my previous post.

Does it matter? If I make a law that says being Jewish is illegal, and pass it (democratically or otherwise), then is it just to just kill Jews for breaking the law?

NO!
This guy broke a law. Tell me what law the Jews broke.

Who are you to decide which laws are unjust. You are entirely missing the point. Singapore is a Republic. THE PEOPLE want the law the way it is. THEY THINK it is just, who are you or anyone else to go there and tell them they cant do that????

And Hitler gained his ultimate power through illegal means.

This occurred immediately prior to the election you so cleverly called "democratic"

Immediately, there followed the first big Nazi roundup as truckloads of SA and SS roared through the streets bursting in on known Communist hangouts and barging into private homes. Thousands of Communists as well as Social Democrats and liberals were taken away into 'protective custody' to SA barracks where they were beaten and tortured.

"I don't have to worry about justice; my mission is only to destroy and exterminate, nothing more!" - Hermann Göring, March 3, 1933.

Fifty one anti-Nazis were murdered. The Nazis suppressed all political activity, meetings and publications of non-Nazi parties. The very act of campaigning against the Nazis was in effect made illegal.

"Every bullet which leaves the barrel of a police pistol now is my bullet. If one calls this murder, then I have murdered. I ordered this. I back it up. I assume the responsibility, and I am not afraid to do so." - Hermann Göring.

Nazi newspapers continued to print false evidence of Communist conspiracies, claiming that only Hitler and the Nazis could prevent a Communist takeover. Joseph Goebbels now had control of the State-run radio and broadcast Nazi propaganda and Hitler's speeches all across the nation.

The Nazis now turned their attention to election day, March 5.

You should try reading more than just wikpedia. Of course, "partial" information is the lifeblood of all liberals, just as it was with the Nazis. The Nazis also believed they knew what was best for the Germans, and that the Treaty of Versailles was "unjust",,,so I guess your thinking that "your idea" of unjust, should over rule the democratically elected parliament of Singapore is a good analogy to the Nazis thinking. :)))

Calling the election in Germany bringing Hitler to power is like calling the election of Saddam in Iraq prior to his downfall, a "democratic" election.

The first thing that should have clued you in was the 90% vote. 90% of people never agree on anything.

Originally Posted by LuvRPgrl
You are just plain stupid. And a good liberal CONTROL FREAK. Its their damn country, yea, they should run it the way YOU want it run.

Again, its simple, you dont want to die? Dont traffic drugs in Singapore. He could have gone to many other places for vacation, Boracay for example.
So, whats wrong with that? I know, you will spew your tired old line again totally ignoring what I posted.....

Hagbard Celine said:
They should run it according to the rules of common decency, i.e. not killing people willy nilly for trivial offenses. You do understand you're arguing for the murder of a guy whose only offense was that he had drugs in his bag right?

OHMYGOD! EXACTLY as I predicted !

So..."they should run it" according to you?

And you also ignored my post providing information showing , maybe, just maybe, the law isnt unjust.

So, again, you are proposing they dont enforce the law. And in essence, any law considered (by whom?) unjust shouldnt be enforced. Sounds a bit like anarchy to me,,,I guess your idea is no laws at all, oh, except the ones YOU think are just. :)

Hagbard Celine said:
They should run it according to the rules of common decency, i.e. not killing people willy nilly for trivial offenses. You do understand you're arguing for the murder of a guy whose only offense was that he had drugs in his bag right?

No, Im arguing for the rule of law. If you think the law is unjust, then LEGALLY repeal or change it. By just not enforcing it, you weaken the power of the law, and when the law loses its power, we lose all civility and anarchy will rule.

Hagbard Celine said:
You're right, he probably wouldn't have been carrying drugs, but he did say "he who is without sin cast the first stone" and none of us is without sin...GENIUS! :funnyface

YOU obviously have no clue what that passage is all about.

THe Pharisees were trying to trap Jesus, by asking him what punishment the woman should receive. Any answer Jesus would have given would not have looked good to His followers, of which the Pharisees wanted to break up his following, they saw Jesus as a threat to their power.

So, instead of answering their question, Jesus turned the tables by asking them to impose the punishment, but the one who does must be without sin.

The passage has NOTHING to do with no punishing people for their crimes, otherwise you could use that as an excuse for NEVER PUNISHING ANYONE FOR ANYTHING..Oh, wait, someone already explained that to you.... :eek2:

Hagbard Celine said:
Uh, yeah, he did, in the book of John, Chapter eight, verse seven. GENIUS!!!! :funnyface

You ASKED, "wouldnt He say....?"

I said NOPE

Now you say, yes he did? He did say "he who is without sin cast the first stone on this drug trafficker"??? IS that what you are claiming?

Kathianne said:
Whatever.
tankguy.jpg

Hagbard Celine said:
Iraqis didn't attack us on 9/11, al-Qaeda did. Nobody here has ever excused the savages who attacked us on 9/11....GENIUS!

You really are brain dead arent you? Try to follow

You claim the SOVEREIGNTY of Singapore is insignificant.

Yet, one of the arguements for not invading Iraq, and allowing the murder of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis to continue by Saddam, is because it is a SOVEREIGN nation.

According to you then, SOVEREIGNTY doesnt matter if ONE person is unjustly being executed

BUT, in Iraq, SOVEREIGNTY matters, even though hundreds of thousands are being murdered (oh, and they didnt even break drug laws!)

Hagbard Celine said:
No, I don't have to do what Cookie tells me to do. Read the context of the post before you open your mouth YOU FRICKIN' GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES YOU DO ! :):):) GENIUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahahhahahahhahah,,,,,,,,,,,,,IF..................

You
want
to
be
consistent
in
your
interpetation
of
the
Bible.

Hagbard Celine said:
Thank you for your intellectually stimulating insight Luvergirl. If you'll refer to one of my above posts, you'll see that I don't want to go to Singapore. Now whether or not I do or don't go to Singapore will never change the fact that these people are savages because they are murdering a man who did nothing more than carry drugs into their country. He didn't harm anybody. He should be extradicted to Australian authorities.

Yet you, HAGGARD FELINE, completely fail to respond to the reasons I posted why drug trafficking is such a severe crime in Singapore, GENIUS !!!!!!!!!!! :mm:

You accuse them of being savages, yet you do not even know anything about WHY its a capital crime there.

Hagbard Celine said:
So I guess illegal parking should also be an offense punishable by death?:wtf:

DID I say that? (strawman)

You line of reasoning.

Playing with matches "can" lead to a house fire.

House fires can cause death.

THerefore, the person who said "playing with matches can lead to fires" thinks matches should be outlawed, and those caught playing with them should be put to death. :alco: :alco: :alco: :alco: :alco:

Forum List

Back