Unjust Hanging of Van Tuong Nguyen

Hagbard Celine said:
You're wasting your breath Max. If I said, "the sky is blue," these geniuses would argue with me. Anyway, thanks for clarifying my astoundingly incomprehensible argument for those who just couldn't get it.:thup:

POT

KETTLE

BLACK

You can logically argue that the death penalty is too harsh and unjust, but for you to argue that it should be FORCED upon the people of Singapore has no standing.

No matter how many times we say, if you dont like the law, dont go to Singapore, or if you do go, dont take drugs, you wont hear it. lalalalallalalalallalalalalalalallalalallalalalal

Hagbard Celine said:
No you didn't, you think you did. The violent potential of treason doesn't equal the violence potential of doing drugs. By your logic, illegally parking next to a fire hydrant is a violent crime because it could result in people's deaths because the car was blocking the hydrant. Treason is a direct threat to the federal government. The government is authorized by the people to use deadly force to defend itself because a direct threat to the government is a direct threat to the security of the people. A guy doing drugs on his vacation isn't a threat to anybody's way of life.

Silly arguement on your part. Actually, blocking a fire hydrant certainly could lead to VIOLENT deaths. And so does drug trafficking.

Max Power said:
If the year were 1776, ya'll would be calling for the hanging of George Washington for treason against the king.

HAHAHHAHAHHA, Thats pretty funny, but its YOUR BUDDY who is arguing what a bad crime treason is !!!!!!!! :)))) Thanks soooooooooo much for making him look BAD< hahahahhahahahhahah

GotZoom said:
Our land, our laws. You don't like it, don't come. And if you come to our land, don't break out laws.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Thats an easy one. Its hard for him to understand, actually impossible, because he has been trained in liberal thought. Logic eludes them. Why should we bother thinking when we can "feel" what is right??

Max Power said:
Simply because a law is decided on, whether democratically or otherwise, doesn't make it just.

Would you be willing to argue that the holocaust was just because (part of) it happened within the borders of Germany, and Hitler said so?

The power Hitler gained to carry out the holocaust was not gained democratically.

So what are you saying, the people of Singapore should abandon their law because other people feel its unjust? Well, wouldnt that create a bit of a problem? I mean, now what other laws should they abandon? How will their lawmakers have any credibility anymore when it has now been decided they create unjust laws, cuz MAX and Hag said so. When will you become their benevolent dictator? Will you allow abortion to be legal? Do you think partial birth abortion is a bit "unjust" a punishment to the almost born child?

GunnyL said:
Yeah, can't you just see hagbard and max boarding planes to Malaysia now? :laugh:

Yea, but they would probably be stupid enough to pack some drugs with them. I mean, their logic dictates they must be stoned half the time :)

Hagbard Celine said:
If cutting off people's appendages, beating people to an inch of their life and executing people for non-violent crimes doesn't make you a savage, I don't know what does. But no, we've got to practice cultural relativity right? I guess you guys would argue that stoning women to death for back-talking their husbands is justified because it is legal under Shariah law? I guess those women should know better than to break the law right? Wrong, those fundamentalist Muslims are a bunch of f*cking savages, just like the Indonesians who are putting a non-violent drug-dealer to death and the Las Vegas mayor who advocates cutting-off graffiti artists' thumbs. A savage is a savage is a savage, no matter what color they happen to be.

So you would include abortionists who kill innocent unborn children. Dont bother with, "its not a human child yet" bullshit. Everyone KNOWS it is. Its a biological fact.

So, sticking a tube into the skull via the back of the neck, and sucking out its brains, and cutting off the arms and legs so its easier to pull it through, thats not savage and unjust? Please tell me exactly what that child did to deserve that? Oh, unless you are out and about arguing against abortions. ?? :)

LuvRPgrl said:
Thats NOT YOUR CALL. Are you a citizen of Singapore? If not, then STFU. Its their country. You two are the same ones who called for us to leave Iraq alone cuz its "sovereign", well, guess what, Singapore is sovereign, if the people of Singapore want the law changed, then its UP TO THEM.
Well, by your logic, when you get YOUR OWN country, and I LIVE THERE, then you can tell me that I'm not allowed to express my opinion on Singapore... but in THIS country I'M ALLOWED to express it. So, no, I don't have to STFU.

Seriously, if it was 1935, would you be arguing that "you're not allowed to call the holocaust an atrocity if you don't live in Germany?"

Hagbard Celine said:
No no, I totally get ya'll's point of view. What I'm saying is that I think these people are savages because according to my viewpoint, they are no better than animals because they do not value human life. I think what they're doing is morally wrong, regardless of what their barbaric laws dictate.

PRECISELY ! INCORRECT !!!!!!!!!

They do in fact value human life, and the quality of those human lives. Which is precisely why they dont want DRUGS IN THEIR COUNTRY. Which part of that dont you understand? Singapore is in the middle of trade routes in which many people, if not for the harsh law, would be trafficking drugs, and along with that comes trafficking of women and children for pedophiles and the like.

Max Power said:
Well, by your logic, when you get YOUR OWN country, and I LIVE THERE, then you can tell me that I'm not allowed to express my opinion on Singapore... but in THIS country I'M ALLOWED to express it. So, no, I don't have to STFU.

Seriously, if it was 1935, would you be arguing that "you're not allowed to call the holocaust an atrocity if you don't live in Germany?"

No, your analogy is wrong. You can express that you think the law is unjust and should be changed, but to argue it shouldnt be carried out is to undermine their entire legal system, which, without, it truly would be a barbaric country. NOBODY ever tried to deny you the right to claim the law is unjust, so quit with the strawmen arguements, everyone around here is too sophisticated to fall for such a simple rouse.

Now, regarding the holocaust, apparently you didnt read my previous response, that Hitler did not gain the power to carry it out through a Democratic process. He gained his ultimate power ILLEGALLY and without a vote of the people.

Not to mention, please tell me exactly which law the Jews were breaking?

LuvRPgrl said:
The power Hitler gained to carry out the holocaust was not gained democratically.
Well, first let's see if you're correct...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler#The_road_to_power
On 5 March 1933, in elections marred by paramilitary violence, the Nazis received 43.9% of the vote, which brought the coalition between them and the DNVP an absolute majority
Hitler's cabinet passed a law combining the offices of president and chancellor with Hitler holding both offices (which included the president's decree powers) as leader and national chancellor. This consolidation was approved by 90% of the electorate in mid-August 1934
Nope... there's a shocker :)

What does it matter if his power was gained democratically? Japanese Americans were unjustly interned during WW2 from a democratically elected American government.
Or are you going to argue that imprisoning innocent civilians was just?

LuvRPgrl said:
No, your analogy is wrong. You can express that you think the law is unjust and should be changed, but to argue it shouldnt be carried out is to undermine their entire legal system, which, without, it truly would be a barbaric country. NOBODY ever tried to deny you the right to claim the law is unjust, so quit with the strawmen arguements, everyone around here is too sophisticated to fall for such a simple rouse.
I do believe that unjust laws should be changed, and I don't believe they should be enforced.

Now, regarding the holocaust, apparently you didnt read my previous response, that Hitler did not gain the power to carry it out through a Democratic process. He gained his ultimate power ILLEGALLY and without a vote of the people.
Haha see my previous post.

Not to mention, please tell me exactly which law the Jews were breaking?
Does it matter? If I make a law that says being Jewish is illegal, and pass it (democratically or otherwise), then is it just to just kill Jews for breaking the law?

NO!

Max Power said:
Well, first let's see if you're correct...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler#The_road_to_power

Nope... there's a shocker :)

What does it matter if his power was gained democratically? Japanese Americans were unjustly interned during WW2 from a democratically elected American government.
Or are you going to argue that imprisoning innocent civilians was just?

Well, genius, which part of "paramilitary violence" in the election didnt you understand?

Point is, the PEOPLE of singapore dont think death is too harsh a penalty for DRUG TRAFICKING. You see, Singapore has virtually no natural resources. Its historical background is that of being a trade center. Its port handles more cargo than any other for its size. The entire country is basically dependent on trade and cargo business.

To allow drug trafficking could devastate the countries economy. Many companies prefer to trade with Singapore and use its port PRECISELY because of the lack of worry about the drug situation.

Not to mention, Thailand, which is near by, has a MAJOR problem with AIDS. AIDS is transferred easily by drug usage. Guess what genius, Singapore has only about 4 million people. AIDS could ROCK the country on its ass and could wipe it out completely.

So, maybe the punishment does fit the crime in this case.

LuvRPgrl said:
You are just plain stupid. And a good liberal CONTROL FREAK. Its their damn country, yea, they should run it the way YOU want it run.

Again, its simple, you dont want to die? Dont traffic drugs in Singapore. He could have gone to many other places for vacation, Boracay for example.
So, whats wrong with that? I know, you will spew your tired old line again totally ignoring what I posted.....
They should run it according to the rules of common decency, i.e. not killing people willy nilly for trivial offenses. You do understand you're arguing for the murder of a guy whose only offense was that he had drugs in his bag right?

LuvRPgrl said:
Jesus wouldnt have been carrying drugs. Oh, "Pay unto Ceasar that which is Ceasars" i.e. OBEY the local laws or suffer the local punishments,,,thats what JESUS taught. Genius
You're right, he probably wouldn't have been carrying drugs, but he did say "he who is without sin cast the first stone" and none of us is without sin...GENIUS! :funnyface

LuvRPgrl said:
Thats NOT YOUR CALL. Are you a citizen of Singapore? If not, then STFU. Its their country. You two are the same ones who called for us to leave Iraq alone cuz its "sovereign", well, guess what, Singapore is sovereign, if the people of Singapore want the law changed, then its UP TO THEM.

But your logic elludes the logical thinkers. Death for drugs is injustice, but blowing up the twin towers because we are meddling in middle east affairs is ok. Terrorists killing civilians is ok cuz they are only fighting for their country. Sheeesh....
Iraqis didn't attack us on 9/11, al-Qaeda did. Nobody here has ever excused the savages who attacked us on 9/11....GENIUS!

Forum List

Back