University of Colorado allows students to carry guns

You cower, I will not......

You keep making a comparison when you guys would barely fit into a state. The population isnt even close.

I totally agree, and was not attempting to compare the US with Finland.

It makes sense to compare the US only with large, multi-cultural democracies such as Germany, the UK, France, Italy etc.

Shall we compare gun possession and homicide rates in those countries?

btw, I have no idea what you mean by 'cowering' here.

Perhaps a more accurate comparison would be the number of crimes committed in both countries, disregarding the tools used. I think it would be revealed that crime in the UK surpasses crime in the US. The weapon used might surprise you, guns are not the only weapon used to commit crimes.

I agree - let's look at those totals.

Intentional homicide rates:

USA 4.2 per 100,000

Canada 1.6

UK 1.2

Austalia 1.0

Germany 0.8

Remember what Rottweiler told us earlier - ideology is less important than human lives.

Are you suggesting that absolutely no crimes at all are committed using guns in your country?

No, Finland has the 4th highest gun ownership in the world, and an appalling rate of gun-related homicides.

We have a terrible problem with guns here.

Do you want to stop that problem? Totally ban the private ownership of guns. Really, it will work. Try it.

I wouldn't personally support that, but in light of the rising numbers of gun ownership and resulting rise in homicides, we are looking to develop laws which also respect the civil rights of non-gun owning citizens.

But you are right - banning all guns would reduce the number of homicides, gun-related accidents and even successful suicide attempts.

Furthermore, why is their military armed? Guns just get people killed. There should be no reason for an honest military to be armed then. Wow, we really see Noomi's hypocrisy exposed here...

Which countries can you name which do not arm their military?

Because the Australian military are involved in international conflicts such as East Timor, Iraq, and were in Viet Nam and a dozen other peacekeeping operations.

Rather than devoting time to "exposing hypocrisy", perhaps focus more on making clear, simple, logical points which actually make sense.

You keep making a comparison when you guys would barely fit into a state. The population isnt even close.

It makes sense to compare the US only with large, multi-cultural democracies such as Germany, the UK, France, Italy etc.

You "agree" and then turn around and name nations that are like 1/10th the size of America. If you took every nation you just named (Germany, UK, France, and Italy) they would fit inside of Alaska - just ONE of our 50 states!!! You have no argument here...

Last edited:
Furthermore, why is their military armed? Guns just get people killed. There should be no reason for an honest military to be armed then. Wow, we really see Noomi's hypocrisy exposed here...

Which countries can you name which do not arm their military?

Because the Australian military are involved in international conflicts such as East Timor, Iraq, and were in Viet Nam and a dozen other peacekeeping operations.

Rather than devoting time to "exposing hypocrisy", perhaps focus more on making clear, simple, logical points which actually make sense.

I've done that - but you're unable to comprehend those "clear, simple, logical points which actually make sense". For instance, I've pointed out how every mass shooting has occurred where guns are banned. That is a very "clear, simple, logical points which actually make sense", but which you are unable to grasp for some reason.

Furthermore, what difference does it make that other countries arm their military? If all other countries military's jumped off a bridge to commit suicide, would you expect the Australian military to do the same? According to you - guns are the cause of the problem. If that's the case, then the Australian military should disarm immediately.

Shall we compare Illegal Immigration to those countries as well? Our Welfare programs?

And every day, American's are involved in "conflicts" with thugs, gangs, robbers and dozens of other situations in the streets of America that require us to be armed for our peacekeeping day-to-day operations.

See, you just acknowledge and admitted you are WRONG. How is Australia achieving these "peacekeeping operations"? By being ARMED with GUNS! Guns keep the peace, and you just defeated your own argument with that statement. That's why no mass shooting occur where guns are permitted. Because guns keep the peace. Game. Set. Match. Thanks for playing, you and Noomie lose...

No one is crying here. We had one mass shooting in 1996, and none since then. NONE. In over FOURTEEN YEARS. How many mass shootings has American experienced in the last 3 months?

I did try counting but I ran out of fingers.:lol:

We've had a ton STUPID, and 100% of them have been in areas where guns are banned. You know how many we've had where guns are permitted? ZERO, stupid. That's right - ZERO.

You're an ignorant aussie - worry about your own nation.

And again, guns are banned in ALL states of Australia, yet we have had only ONE mass shooting in fourteen years.

Are you saying that Australian states are more responsible than American states? It sure as hell sounds like it.

So if the gun ban is working, why is Australia still having gun problems (from the link: Over the past year, there have been a large number of shootings, including drive-by shootings, in South-Western and Western Sydney.) And why the need for even more Legislation? Gun violence: an update | Australian Policy Online

You "agree" and then turn around and name nations that are like 1/10th the size of America. If you took every nation you just named (Germany, UK, France, and Italy) they would fit inside of Alaska - just ONE of our 50 states!!! You have no argument here...

All of the natons mentioned are major industrial economies, democracies, and with a multi-ethnic poopulation.

Which nations do you feel are most comparable with the US?

btw. Please try and understand what a military does. It is not the police. It does not generally operate in Australia. At the moment your comments make no coherent sense whatsoever.

Last edited:
Shall we compare Illegal Immigration to those countries as well? Our Welfare programs?

All of the countries listed have more generous welfare programs than the US, I'd imagine - but I have no idea what that has to do with homicide rates.

All of the countries listed are highly multi-ethnic.

why is Australia still having gun problems

Because no system is perfect, and because there are still a lot of guns in Australian society.

But you seem not not comment on the fact that the US has a total homicide rate 4.2 times as great as Australia, and a gun-related homocide rate 10 times higher than Australia.

Please address this point in your reply.

Awesome.Maybe we can avoid another Va Tech. Bout time people came to their senses.

Would the Va Tech shooting have happened in the shooter had not had access to guns?

Bout time people came to their senses, alright!

2nd amendment pal. I know your kind would love to throw the constitution out the window but won't happen. It wouldn't have happened if he knew there were going to be people shooting back...he figured he had enough time to kill quite a few people before the cops showed up and they couldn't fire back.

I think it is a great experiment. I would not want to be one of the lab mice however.

2nd amendment pal.

Where in the constitution does it state that citizens suffering from psychological problems should be allowed to buy and own guns?

In any sane, healthy society we keep the crazy people away from guns (and sharp objects).

You see, when you claim things like that I just think you are bonkers.

[

This is the same ignorant battle cry from the left everytime, despite the FACT that mass shootings ONLY happen where guns are banned.

Can we see some evidence to back that up please?

Also, can you tell us how many mass shootings there have been in countries with far less guns that the US, such as France, Germany and the UK?

Columbine - a high school in Colorado where guns were strictly prohibited

Virginia Tech - a college in Virginia where guns were strictly prohibited

Aurora Municipal Center - a movie theater in Colorado where guns were strictly prohibited

Chardon - a high school in Ohio where guns were strictly prohibited

You can take it from there. Go back a decade, pick any mass shooting, and you will find a location where guns were strictly prohibited.

This is not rocket science liberals. Predators look for easy prey. They don't want a challenge. They don't want to take a risk. When you create victim zones, you get victims.

Despite the deep hate for law enforcement by criminals, haven't any of you ever wondered why nobody has ever walked into a police station and opened fire? It's because they know a police station is filled with well armed, well trained personnel. So instead, they head to the nearest victim zone created by the idiot liberal dumbocrat.

Here's a list I found of shootings in the US since Columbine. Are they all in places which prohibit guns?

A history of mass shootings in the US since Columbine - Telegraph

I'm for gun rights, but the idea that these kinds of shootings only occur in places that prohibit guns seems wrong. Perhaps that is true more often than not, but I wonder how often the shooters are rational enough to plan things out with that much detail.

No, Finland has the 4th highest gun ownership in the world, and an appalling rate of gun-related homicides.

We have a terrible problem with guns here.

Do you want to stop that problem? Totally ban the private ownership of guns. Really, it will work. Try it.

I wouldn't personally support that, but in light of the rising numbers of gun ownership and resulting rise in homicides, we are looking to develop laws which also respect the civil rights of non-gun owning citizens.

But you are right - banning all guns would reduce the number of homicides, gun-related accidents and even successful suicide attempts.

And you're a total ass. First, because you seem to sincerely support banning all firearms, believing that by so doing will somehow eliminate violence. Second, because you totally failed to recognize the irony of my statement.
Bonehead!

All of the countries listed have more generous welfare programs than the US, I'd imagine - but I have no idea what that has to do with homicide rates.

All of the countries listed are highly multi-ethnic.

why is Australia still having gun problems

Because no system is perfect, and because there are still a lot of guns in Australian society.

But you seem not not comment on the fact that the US has a total homicide rate 4.2 times as great as Australia, and a gun-related homocide rate 10 times higher than Australia.

Please address this point in your reply.

All those countries also have outrageous taxation and their economies are swirling the bowl, even as you so sagely inform us how wunnerful they are.

ideology is not more important than human life.

I agree totally.

And yet the US has 246 times more gun-related homicides than the UK.

So you would agree that the US must change its ideology, no?

Nonsense.. The obvious solution is what you have done, a camera on every corner. Fear your neighbor.....

The problem isnt the firearm......

The real answer is to reduce the size of the US to the size of the UK.

Forum List

Back