Universal Spiritual Qualities

Again, you blow me off and tell me this is nothing to worry about. Too bad. I am worried. American evangelicals went to West Africa and stirred up hatred against gays by blaming us for AIDS. AIDS in Africa is a primarily heterosexual disease.

I am scared. If you want to ridicule for that, so be it. This was AMERICAN CHRISTIAN INSTIGATED.

If American Christians are starting their genocide of gays in Africa, how long do think it will take for the American public to wake up about this?

There is no reason for me to trust Newby to stand up for gay people. She hasn't listened to me about it EVER. She has been calling me a liar for six months.

Fuck that.

There is no reason on earth for me to think Newby would come to my defense. She's done nothing but personally attack me for six months. And what do you do? Support her. You have ZIP compassion for gay people. Their whole mission was to make it seem that GAY people, NOT AIDS, is a thureat to African families. And you know what? The Christians don't support condom distribution. The men have sex with prostitutes and contract HIV from them, primarily. But who do they want to KILL? Gay people.

Muslims are just as bad, but none of them have harmed me in America. Christians have. The same people that blast Muslims, could give a shit that Christians in America contributed greatly to this genocidal legislation in Uganda.

The Scott Lively crowd is on a world wide mission to "drop the nuclear bomb" on homosexuality.

I am not blowing you off... nor am i sticking up for what any missionaries do. In my opinion any "spreading of the word" of any religions is BAD.

I am saying that it is interesting that you fear what is going on two countries in africa.. and not so concerned about islam. In my opinion.... you should be more scared if muslims. Just because you have not had bad experiences with them does not mean that you would not. This country is mostly christian. I am sure you would be much worse off in a muslim country. And PLEASE do not ever go to one.... in my opinion you would not be safe.

I suggest you ask newby if she would fight for your rights if a gay genocide was proposed. I dont think you give her enough credit for her humanity.

LOL...i have zip compassion for gay people? I dont think you know me very well at all well enough to come to that conclusion.

What is a threat is men and their dicks. Anything that will interfere with them fucking what they want is bad. So condoms are bad. Personally i am surprised they did not blame women for aids...

I'm not surprised homosexuals were blamed.

I think the issue for me, with Muslims, is I feel more oppressed as a woman, by Muslims than I do as a lesbian. That's because I traveled in Muslim areas in Asia, and I felt more oppressed as a woman, there, than an invisible lesbian.

I really can't explain it. You don't know what my experiences have been with Christians and I am not free to tell you. My grudge with Christianity goes WAY back, before I even knew I was a lesbian.

YOu don't think I give Newby enough credit for her humanity? That's probably true. I've been too mad at her for telling me I'm a liar about that legislation.

I don't think you give ME enough credit for my humanity. I'm vulnerable on this issue, and people want to just pummel me about it.

I fight for justice for gay people in memory of my father.

So in your travels in asia... did they know you were gay? Just something to think about.... a woman AND gay... just how do you think that would work out...how safe would you be? I am sure they would line up to try an convince you otherwise. And that is just asian male.. they compounding that with muslim.

Right..i get it...you dont have to explain anything to me... i understand you better then you think. You are going on what you have experience with... pray that sharia law never catches up to you.

And as to you sky.... i give you way more credit then you think. It is possible that it feels better to think that i don't though.

Do i pummel you for being gay or defending gay rights? Think long and hard on that one.

I am not blowing you off... nor am i sticking up for what any missionaries do. In my opinion any "spreading of the word" of any religions is BAD.

I am saying that it is interesting that you fear what is going on two countries in africa.. and not so concerned about islam. In my opinion.... you should be more scared if muslims. Just because you have not had bad experiences with them does not mean that you would not. This country is mostly christian. I am sure you would be much worse off in a muslim country. And PLEASE do not ever go to one.... in my opinion you would not be safe.

I suggest you ask newby if she would fight for your rights if a gay genocide was proposed. I dont think you give her enough credit for her humanity.

LOL...i have zip compassion for gay people? I dont think you know me very well at all well enough to come to that conclusion.

What is a threat is men and their dicks. Anything that will interfere with them fucking what they want is bad. So condoms are bad. Personally i am surprised they did not blame women for aids...

I think the issue for me, with Muslims, is I feel more oppressed as a woman, by Muslims than I do as a lesbian. That's because I traveled in Muslim areas in Asia, and I felt more oppressed as a woman, there, than an invisible lesbian.

I really can't explain it. You don't know what my experiences have been with Christians and I am not free to tell you. My grudge with Christianity goes WAY back, before I even knew I was a lesbian.

YOu don't think I give Newby enough credit for her humanity? That's probably true. I've been too mad at her for telling me I'm a liar about that legislation.

I don't think you give ME enough credit for my humanity. I'm vulnerable on this issue, and people want to just pummel me about it.

So in your travels in asia... did they know you were gay? Just something to think about.... a woman AND gay... just how do you think that would work out...how safe would you be? I am sure they would line up to try an convince you otherwise. And that is just asian male.. they compounding that with muslim.

Right..i get it...you dont have to explain anything to me... i understand you better then you think. You are going on what you have experience with... pray that sharia law never catches up to you.

And as to you sky.... i give you way more credit then you think. It is possible that it feels better to think that i don't though.

Do i pummel you for being gay or defending gay rights? Think long and hard on that one.

I don't have to "think long and hard" about whether you pummel me for defending gay rights.

You don't, but others do.

I don't have to "think long and hard" about whether you pummel me for defending gay rights.

You don't, but others do.

Good to know you see that one sky.

Sky is not interested in having a logical, truthful conversation. She totally ignores the state of Uganda, the politics, the culture, and all of the other turmoil that is currently taking place there. People are dying of Aids every day over there, and there is a fear of gay people because of that. There are children kidnapped and sold into slavery every day over there, it is a terrible place to be. This legislation has been highlighted on the left and by gay activist groups, and it has NEVER had a chance of ever being passed or enacted. Yet, she will go on and on about it and fail to mention any other information that is easily found out there. She doesn't give a damn about the childen that are being kidnapped and sold into sexual slavery or any of the other horrors that are taking place there, all she cares about is her own agenda, her own kind. You can't ignore the culture or the state of unrest that exists there when trying to put into perspective what someone was trying to accomplish with the anti-gay bill. The policial and cultural climate aren't anywhere near the same as it is here in the states, so her 'fear' of something happening here in the states is beyond ricdiculous and completely irrational. I agree with Syreen, that her 'fear' of this is very suspicious when she claims no fear of Islam or Sharia law where it concerns gay people. Her highlighting of this particular event is solely so that she can bash christians because she can tie a few christian extremists to the bill and keep reiterating the point to express her hated towards christianity.

Beyond The Anti-Gay Bill: The Difficult Truth About Museveni

Beyond the Anti-Gay Bill: The Difficult Truth About Museveni’s Government in Uganda
Elizabeth Palchik Allen

Beyond the Anti-Gay Bill: The Difficult Truth About Museveni’s Government in Uganda Rapped Up Cowering in Fear July 5, 2011 | 12:00 am |MorePrint

Sudan’s President Was Just Charged With Genocide—So Why Don’t African Countries Confront Him?Kampala, Uganda—Pink is political in Uganda. But not in the way most outsiders think. This past May, opposition leaders in the capital of Kampala were targeted with firehoses that drenched them in bubblegum-colored liquid, dying their clothes and skin. Their crime? Attempting to hold an “unauthorized” rally in the city’s Constitutional Square. Since April, opposition groups have been leading an intermittent campaign called “Walk to Work” to highlight the country’s soaring commodity prices (food inflation recently topped 44 percent). But what began as a bread-and-butter protest quickly swelled into a political protest against the country’s president, Yoweri Museveni. The hyper-aggressive response of Museveni’s security forces led to bouts of rioting among the country’s urban poor, with scores being arrested, hospitalized, and shot. The protests died down only when Museveni put the country’s main opposition leader, Kizza Besigye, under virtual house arrest. (He’s currently facing charges of inciting violence and holding illegal assemblies.)

Chances are you didn’t hear much about these protests, though. Lately, when Uganda has made news in the United States, it’s generally been for one reason: a radical anti-gay bill that surfaced in the country’s legislature almost two years ago. The measure—which, among other things, would have mandated the death penalty for people convicted of having gay sex multiple times—came to be known abroad as the “kill the gays” bill. It had languished in committee since late 2009, but was suddenly brought up for discussion this past May, during the final days of Uganda’s last parliamentary session—the same week, oddly enough, that opposition politicians were being sprayed pink. The bill had no real chance of being passed—not only was it too far behind in the legislative process, but Museveni was against it, which, in this electoral autocracy, made the proposal as good as dead. Back in early 2010, Museveni personally told a U.S. delegation that he’d “handle” the bill, reassuring diplomats that “nobody in Uganda would be executed for homosexual behavior.” And Museveni was as good as his word: The bill officially died on Friday, May 13. (There is a possibility that the new parliament might revive the bill, perhaps stripped of its most odious provisions.)

The demise of the bill was good news, of course. Yet, coupled with the suppression of anti-Museveni protests and the virtual house arrest of leading politicians, it illustrates one of the sad ironies about Ugandan politics: Museveni’s anti-democratic impulses can champion the lives and liberties of some, even as they strip the larger populace of its human and civil rights.

THE ANTI-GAY BILL was never something that Museveni, personally, cared much about—and certainly, as he faced pressure to kill the bill from the United States and others, it wasn’t something he was willing to risk the country’s international reputation over. This is why he acquiesced so easily to external pressure from his allies in the West. As one of Uganda’s gay bloggers put it, “Museveni’s problem with the homosexual question is not that there are homosexuals in Uganda; his problem is that the issue is being forced onto his political plate by loose-canon MPs, vociferous opportunistic pastors and, consequently, the donor community. To Museveni, this subject is thus more of an irritant than something he feels should require his attention.”

Here is a christian man, a minister, who is putting his life on the line over there trying to rescue children and provide them a safe home either there or in here in the states. This is what true christians support and try to help with, unlike the picture of what Sky tries to paint of them as hateful and bigoted.

Machine Gun Preacher Angels of East Africa

Sky is not interested in having a logical, truthful conversation. She totally ignores the state of Uganda, the politics, the culture, and all of the other turmoil that is currently taking place there. People are dying of Aids every day over there, and there is a fear of gay people because of that. There are children kidnapped and sold into slavery every day over there, it is a terrible place to be. This legislation has been highlighted on the left and by gay activist groups, and it has NEVER had a chance of ever being passed or enacted. Yet, she will go on and on about it and fail to mention any other information that is easily found out there. She doesn't give a damn about the childen that are being kidnapped and sold into sexual slavery or any of the other horrors that are taking place there, all she cares about is her own agenda, her own kind. You can't ignore the culture or the state of unrest that exists there when trying to put into perspective what someone was trying to accomplish with the anti-gay bill. The policial and cultural climate aren't anywhere near the same as it is here in the states, so her 'fear' of something happening here in the states is beyond ricdiculous and completely irrational. I agree with Syreen, that her 'fear' of this is very suspicious when she claims no fear of Islam or Sharia law where it concerns gay people. Her highlighting of this particular event is solely so that she can bash christians because she can tie a few christian extremists to the bill and keep reiterating the point to express her hated towards christianity.

Beyond the Anti-Gay Bill: The Difficult Truth About Museveni’s Government in Uganda
Elizabeth Palchik Allen

Beyond the Anti-Gay Bill: The Difficult Truth About Museveni’s Government in Uganda Rapped Up Cowering in Fear July 5, 2011 | 12:00 am |MorePrint

Sudan’s President Was Just Charged With Genocide—So Why Don’t African Countries Confront Him?Kampala, Uganda—Pink is political in Uganda. But not in the way most outsiders think. This past May, opposition leaders in the capital of Kampala were targeted with firehoses that drenched them in bubblegum-colored liquid, dying their clothes and skin. Their crime? Attempting to hold an “unauthorized” rally in the city’s Constitutional Square. Since April, opposition groups have been leading an intermittent campaign called “Walk to Work” to highlight the country’s soaring commodity prices (food inflation recently topped 44 percent). But what began as a bread-and-butter protest quickly swelled into a political protest against the country’s president, Yoweri Museveni. The hyper-aggressive response of Museveni’s security forces led to bouts of rioting among the country’s urban poor, with scores being arrested, hospitalized, and shot. The protests died down only when Museveni put the country’s main opposition leader, Kizza Besigye, under virtual house arrest. (He’s currently facing charges of inciting violence and holding illegal assemblies.)

Chances are you didn’t hear much about these protests, though. Lately, when Uganda has made news in the United States, it’s generally been for one reason: a radical anti-gay bill that surfaced in the country’s legislature almost two years ago. The measure—which, among other things, would have mandated the death penalty for people convicted of having gay sex multiple times—came to be known abroad as the “kill the gays” bill. It had languished in committee since late 2009, but was suddenly brought up for discussion this past May, during the final days of Uganda’s last parliamentary session—the same week, oddly enough, that opposition politicians were being sprayed pink. The bill had no real chance of being passed—not only was it too far behind in the legislative process, but Museveni was against it, which, in this electoral autocracy, made the proposal as good as dead. Back in early 2010, Museveni personally told a U.S. delegation that he’d “handle” the bill, reassuring diplomats that “nobody in Uganda would be executed for homosexual behavior.” And Museveni was as good as his word: The bill officially died on Friday, May 13. (There is a possibility that the new parliament might revive the bill, perhaps stripped of its most odious provisions.)

The demise of the bill was good news, of course. Yet, coupled with the suppression of anti-Museveni protests and the virtual house arrest of leading politicians, it illustrates one of the sad ironies about Ugandan politics: Museveni’s anti-democratic impulses can champion the lives and liberties of some, even as they strip the larger populace of its human and civil rights.

THE ANTI-GAY BILL was never something that Museveni, personally, cared much about—and certainly, as he faced pressure to kill the bill from the United States and others, it wasn’t something he was willing to risk the country’s international reputation over. This is why he acquiesced so easily to external pressure from his allies in the West. As one of Uganda’s gay bloggers put it, “Museveni’s problem with the homosexual question is not that there are homosexuals in Uganda; his problem is that the issue is being forced onto his political plate by loose-canon MPs, vociferous opportunistic pastors and, consequently, the donor community. To Museveni, this subject is thus more of an irritant than something he feels should require his attention.”

Here is a christian man, a minister, who is putting his life on the line over there trying to rescue children and provide them a safe home either there or in here in the states. This is what true christians support and try to help with, unlike the picture of what Sky tries to paint of them as hateful and bigoted.

That is rather my point.... it is only a proposal. It is not something that is happening.
Killing anyone who is gay IS happening right now in Islamic countries.....

Fear of what might happen or what may come to pass is low on the totem pole for me..
I would be more afraid of what IS happening right now...

As it stands now for me.. christians are not gay killers.... muslims are.

Elizabeth Palchik Allen

That is rather my point.... it is only a proposal. It is not something that is happening.

Fear of what might happen or what may come to pass is low on the totem pole for me..

It is a proposal that continues to this day to be brought forth by the Uganda parliament. The proposed legislation continues to include execution for gay people.

Newby hasn't the decency to acknowledge that my claim about this legislation is true. It is not just persons with AIDS that are being targeted but anyone who has a sexual relationship with a person of the same gender.

She supports this legislation inspite of how it hurts gay people. To her credit, she at least admits that American Christian extremists are tied to this legislation.

That is HUGE movement for her. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

It is a proposal that continues to this day to be brought forth by the Uganda parliament.

Has it passed? No

Do islamic countries kill you for JUST being gay? Yes.

It is a proposal that continues to this day to be brought forth by the Uganda parliament.

Has it passed? No

It continues to be proposed legislation that is not going away. Yes, I deplore the treatment of women and gays by Muslims in Middle Eastern countries and in Asia.

If Newby wants to nurse her personal grudge with me for eternity, she is welcome to do so.

I will not hold a grudge against her. I am satisfied that she FINALLY acknowledged the role of American Christian Extremists in this legislation in Uganda.

I'm so happy about that. Part of what scared the crap out of me was how many Christian posters here refused to acknowledge that.

I don't think ALL Christians are alike. This is one of the few times any Christian here has acknowledged that SOME Christians are harmful to gay people.

You and Newby may think I HATE Christians, but I don't. I hate what some of them do to gay people in the name of their God.

Last edited:

Has it passed? No

It continues to be proposed legislation that is not going away. Yes, I deplore the treatment of women and gays by Muslims in Middle Eastern countries and in Asia.

If Newby wants to nurse her personal grudge with me for eternity, she is welcome to do so.

I will not hold a grudge against her. I am satisfied that she FINALLY acknowledged the role of American Christian Extremists in this legislation in Uganda.

I'm so happy about that.

I don't think ALL Christians are alike. This is one of the few times any Christian here has acknowledged that SOME Christians are harmful to gay people.

Again... something that is only proposed is not something that is happening. I would be more worried about what is happening as opposed to what is not.

Has it passed? No

I'm so happy about that.

Again... something that is only proposed is not something that is happening. I would be more worried about what is happening as opposed to what is not.

You are not going to talk me out of my concern. I'm sorry you can't see that. I turn toward the places in me that are scared, and I accept them, and keep them company.

For some reason, you think it's necessary to be on my case about this. I can't stop you. You exaggerate Newby's positive qualities and you exaggerate my negative qualities. YOu ignore Newby's negative reactions, judgement and criticism of me. She gets a pass from you, no matter how angry she is with me. You think she has a right to her feelings, but I don't have a right to mine.

In Buddhism, this is a teaching on attachment and aversion. We tend to exaggerate the positive qualities of our friends, and ignore or minimize the negative qualities of our friends, and with enemies or even just people we disagree with, we do the opposite. We exaggerate our enemies negative qualities and we minimize, deny or ignore the positive qualities of our enemies, or those we simply disagree with.

I get it. You tell me I have no right to be afraid. I have every right to feel how I feel.

Last edited:

It is a proposal that continues to this day to be brought forth by the Uganda parliament. The proposed legislation continues to include execution for gay people.

Newby hasn't the decency to acknowledge that my claim about this legislation is true. It is not just persons with AIDS that are being targeted but anyone who has a sexual relationship with a person of the same gender.

She supports this legislation inspite of how it hurts gay people. To her credit, she at least admits that American Christian extremists are tied to this legislation.

That is HUGE movement for her. I appreciate it.

What is in bold is an outright lie and slander, a complete misrepresentation of what I have said. You have no I idea the contempt that I hold for you for continuing to use such slander, lies, and misrepresentations of my words. And I'm sure that will be interpreted in your inept brain into something much more awful than just contempt, so that you can play the poor little victim card. You're just simply crazy.

There aren't any 'christian extremists' that are taken seriously by mainstream christians in this country, and they are very small in number and of no threat to you. Certainly not to the point that warrants harping on about them ad nauseum over and over and over again. Again, you're out of your freakin' mind, I'm fairly convinced of it at this point.

Has it passed? No

I'm so happy about that. Part of what scared the crap out of me was how many Christian posters here refused to acknowledge that.

You and Newby may think I HATE Christians, but I don't. I hate what some of them do to gay people in the name of their God.

Ah, no, I did not. Any fringe lunatics that pass themselves off as christians aren't christians in my book, so I've acknoweldged no such thing. What 'role' did they play exactly? How many of them were there that went over there out of the millions of christians in this country?

You hate christians, and you want us all dead, period.

I'm so happy about that.

You are not going to talk me out of my concern. I'm sorry you can't see that. I turn toward the places in me that are scared, and I accept them, and keep them company.

For some reason, you think it's necessary to be on my case about this. I can't stop you. You exaggerate Newby's positive qualities and you exaggerate my negative qualities. YOu ignore Newby's negative reactions, judgement and criticism of me. She gets a pass from you, no matter how angry she is with me. You think she has a right to her feelings, but I don't have a right to mine.

In Buddhism, this is a teaching on attachment and aversion. We tend to exaggerate the positive qualities of our friends, and ignore or minimize the negative qualities of our friends, and with enemies or even just people we disagree with, we do the opposite. We exaggerate our enemies negative qualities and we minimize, deny or ignore the positive qualities of our enemies, or those we simply disagree with.

Sky... i am not trying to talk you out of your concern AT ALL.

I am not exaggerating either of your qualities. Breathe sky. You both have a right to your feelings.... and that is MY point. The funny thing is sky you are trying to make this into something as if i like newby more then i like you...or that i am friends with newby more then you....

and its not. I have very little contact with newby...she is not on my friends list.. and we rarely if ever speak in public...and never in PM. So... how does that add up with your last statement other then assumption on your part?

Has it passed? No

Ah, no, I did not. Any fringe lunatics that pass themselves off as christians aren't christians in my book, so I've acknoweldged no such thing. What 'role' did they play exactly? How many of them were there that went over there out of the millions of christians in this country?

You hate christians, and you want us all dead, period.

That is absolutely NOT my thought or feeling about Christians. In fact, when I said something similiar to you, you corrected and DEMANDED an apology.

I know you are not capable of an apology. You think you are always right, and I am always wrong.

I do not wish anyone dead, including Scott Lively, even though I think he is an evil man. He is a Christian extremist, and it's not surprising to me that you disown him. Here are your own words, "she can tie a few christian extremists to the bill". You acknowledge there are Christian extremists that are tied to this bill. Now you have changed your rhetoric, and instead of calling Lively what he is, a Christian extremist, you call him a "fringe lunatic". That would be Christian fringe lunatic, if you were honest.

I'm naturally frightened of and angry toward people like Scott Lively. That doesn't mean I think ALL Christians are like Scott Lively, or that Christianity as a religion is invalid.

You did call Scott Lively a Christian extremist in a previous post, which is an accurate representation of him. Unfortunately, now you are back in denial, and you think American Christians had NO role in this gross legislation.

If you were more sure of yourself, you could easily separate yourself from the extremists in your religion. For some reason, you seem to have to cling to them, deny any wrong doing, and put me down for noticing otherwise.

I doubt you have the capacity to tolerate my humanness. I feel vulnerable to some Christians who seek to do harm to gay people.

You are enraged at me. I wonder about the projection you have that I want to kill Christians. I suspect it's more likely that you are so angry with me, that if you could me, you would. Otherwise, why would you project that killing sentiment on me.

I have no problem with you being angry with me. If you want to hate my guts, I can't stop you. I don't hate you. I just don't agree with you.

I am a Buddhist. I take the vow to not kill seriously. I'm human, you're human, and just like you, subject to feeling hurt, sad, angry, outraged, scared and so on. Scott Lively is human, even though he says and does evil things.

It's the actions of this group of Christians that may have devastating consequences for gay people in Africa.

I'm sorry that you seem to agree with this reprehensible legislation.

Last edited:
A neg rep from Newby on this post: You're advice was not requested, or needed.

I responded with this neg rep: Your petty and hostile character reveals your true nature.

Last edited:

I responded with this neg rep: Your petty and hostile character reveals your true nature.

Um... so what? I very rarely neg rep on this board, I've been here for years and have handed out a total of maybe 7 or 8, so you should feel very special. :cool:

American GOP Moderate my ass.... :lol:

Um... so what? I very rarely neg rep on this board, I've been here for years and have handed out a total of maybe 7 or 8, so you should feel very special. :cool:

Oh I do feel special as should you which is why I posted our comments for all to see your true nature.

Another comment revealing your character.

Last edited:

Oh I do feel special as should you which is why I posted our comments for all to see your true nature.

Another comment revealing your character.

You can post whatever you want, dear. :lol:

You can post whatever you want, dear. :lol:

Thanks for the encouragement, Sweetie, but I do that regardless if some become pissy and petty about it or not.
hug.gif

Forum List

Back