Universal Healthcare

/—-/ That’s why Canadians come to New York for operations,

How many? I'm sure you don't know, you are one of the many who echoes memes which are nothing more than digested propaganda you've eat.

63,000 Canadians left the country for medical treatment last year: Fraser Institute

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...dians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care

CTVNews.ca Staff
Published Sunday, July 2, 2017 10:11PM EDT

"A new report from the Fraser Institute estimates that more than 63,000 Canadians travelled abroad for medical care in 2016.

"The think-tank says that's a nearly 40-per-cent increase over the previous year, and may be related to long wait times for medical procedures in Canada. But one professor warns the data is based only on estimates, making it highly questionable.

Your second link is worth reading, though it is too long for the willfully ignorant (those who only read the headline). At the end of the link, the top five best health care systems are Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Canada.

Yet their sick people come here. Go figure.

Half-truth. Very likely the wealthy come here, not the hoi polloi.

In other words, in Canada and other socialized medicine "paradises" , the poor are screwed. They are stuck in a line waiting for treatment

/—-/ That’s why Canadians come to New York for operations,

How many? I'm sure you don't know, you are one of the many who echoes memes which are nothing more than digested propaganda you've eat.

63,000 Canadians left the country for medical treatment last year: Fraser Institute

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-co...dians-increasingly-come-to-us-for-health-care

CTVNews.ca Staff
Published Sunday, July 2, 2017 10:11PM EDT

"A new report from the Fraser Institute estimates that more than 63,000 Canadians travelled abroad for medical care in 2016.

"The think-tank says that's a nearly 40-per-cent increase over the previous year, and may be related to long wait times for medical procedures in Canada. But one professor warns the data is based only on estimates, making it highly questionable.

Your second link is worth reading, though it is too long for the willfully ignorant (those who only read the headline). At the end of the link, the top five best health care systems are Switzerland, Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Canada.

Yet their sick people come here. Go figure.

Half-truth. Very likely the wealthy come here, not the hoi polloi.
/—-/“Very likely”
So you’re guessing.

Hitler's love of Socialized Medicine is a historical fact, Joe.

Germany had socialized medicine before Hitler was born.

And were you aware that even though Hitler was the author of this program that he inflicted on the Germans, he didn't use it himself? Instead, he employed Dr. Theodor Morell- a private physician- for his own needs. Morell was considered by his peers to be a tremendous doctor and BTW , was not part of the German government and NOT a war criminal.

Uh, Morell was a quack who got Hitler addicted to drugs... which probably made him crazier than he already was.

How many Poles does it take to fuck up history? Apparently just one.

AH, I miss Polish Jokes... they were so much fun in my youth.

/——/ Ahhh you funny little girlie man with your Strawman arguments. Can an Uninsured Patient Be Denied Emergency Treatment?

most medical needs are not an emergency... and a lot of people without insurance won't go to an emergency room and rack up thousands of dollars in debt for minor problems.. IT's why the cold that could have been treated for $100 doesn't get taken care of until it's a $2000 case of full pneumonia in an emergency room.

/——/ Ahhh you funny little girlie man with your Strawman arguments. Can an Uninsured Patient Be Denied Emergency Treatment?

most medical needs are not an emergency... and a lot of people without insurance won't go to an emergency room and rack up thousands of dollars in debt for minor problems.. IT's why the cold that could have been treated for $100 doesn't get taken care of until it's a $2000 case of full pneumonia in an emergency room.
/—-/ There is no treatment for the common cold you moron. All you can do is treat the symptoms with OTC meds, and store brands are cheaper than any doctor visit. Batter up— next rant.

$2K for an emergency room visit LOL. You funny. Last I went with a stomach virus, the before insurance cost was over $12K and my out of pockets on that were over $2K--a little under $2,500.00 as it was my first treatment for the year and I had my annual deductible to cover.

My uninsured cousin recently went after waking up with a swollen and painful eye. They had no eye doc on duty so they shipped his arse by ambulance off to a level 1 trauma center all for a case of pink eye. I told him he can pretty much forget ever buying a house in this area because it will have so many liens on it before it is over he would just be renting it in the end.

/—-/ There is no treatment for the common cold you moron. All you can do is treat the symptoms with OTC meds, and store brands are cheaper than any doctor visit. Batter up— next rant.

Uh, usually, when I get a cold that doesn't go away in a week (like the instructions on the OTC meds say), i see a doctor.

If you are poor, and that cold doesn't go away, you wait until it flairs up into bronchitis or pneumonia, and then show up at the ER to treat it at 20 times the cost of a doctor's visit.

$2K for an emergency room visit LOL. You funny. Last I went with a stomach virus, the before insurance cost was over $12K and my out of pockets on that were over $2K--a little under $2,500.00 as it was my first treatment for the year and I had my annual deductible to cover.

My uninsured cousin recently went after waking up with a swollen and painful eye. They had no eye doc on duty so they shipped his arse by ambulance off to a level 1 trauma center all for a case of pink eye. I told him he can pretty much forget ever buying a house in this area because it will have so many liens on it before it is over he would just be renting it in the end.

I think you are reinforcing my point. The system we have of million of uninsured using ER's for basic treatments make it a lot more expensive.

The problem is, that hospital might put on liens your cousin will never pay, but the expenses will be spread out to those who can, which is why the hospital charged my insurance companies $100 for an aspirin after a surgery.

Uh, usually, when I get a cold that doesn't go away in a week (like the instructions on the OTC meds say), i see a doctor.

If you are poor, and that cold doesn't go away, you wait until it flairs up into bronchitis or pneumonia, and then show up at the ER to treat it at 20 times the cost of a doctor's visit.

A lot of the old school people didn't believe in going to the doctor at all. My grandfather came to America as a teen in 1908, and NEVER went to a doctor for 60 years. He wasn't feeling well for a while in his old age, and he finally broke down and called a doctor.

He was dead within a fortnight, it seems as if he was right.

I think you are reinforcing my point. The system we have of million of uninsured using ER's for basic treatments make it a lot more expensive.

The problem is, that hospital might put on liens your cousin will never pay, but the expenses will be spread out to those who can, which is why the hospital charged my insurance companies $100 for an aspirin after a surgery.

I can appreciate the fact that indigent individuals and others living in destitution might be unable to afford needed medical treatment.

But that is no reason to force Socialized Medicine on the vast majority of Americans who don't have this problem.

Instead, help for the poor, from private charities as well as public county charity hospitals for the indigent can and should be developed more, if this problem is expanding. No need to annoy, inconvenience or even kill the vast majority of Americans who deal with their own health care expenses.

And how much of that did your insurance actually pay--$5? The problem isn't that they are treating the uninsured. The problem is that the system is racketeering when I have to pay more a month for our health insurance than I do our mortgage because if not they will take everything I own because of their inflated prices for the uninsured that are outrageously high just to force people to buy insurance to begin with because it is more economically efficient for them than having a collections department etc. It is also why they are so quick to turn the accounts over to collection--it costs them money to have to deal with it, but the collections companies cost them nothing.

My last visit was a little over $16,000.

I can appreciate the fact that indigent individuals and others living in destitution might be unable to afford needed medical treatment.

But that is no reason to force Socialized Medicine on the vast majority of Americans who don't have this problem.

Instead, help for the poor, from private charities as well as public county charity hospitals for the indigent can and should be developed more, if this problem is expanding. No need to annoy, inconvenience or even kill the vast majority of Americans who deal with their own health care expenses.

Okay, let's look at that, Pre- ACA, we had 43 million Americans with no insurance, and 25 million with inadequate insurance

Okay, let's look at that, Pre- ACA, we had 43 million Americans with no insurance, and 25 million with inadequate insurance

Many of those 43 million didn't want insurance, because they didn't want to pay.

Its still a free country.

I'm just referring to those who need health CARE, but are indigent.

The people who you claim to be concerned about.

BTW, if someone doesn't have health insurance, and doesn't have health care expenses- or at least those they aren't paying- what difference should it make to anyone? My grandfather went without medical insurance, although he was covered by medicare when they finally persuaded him to go to the hospital. But he diid not need it.

Most of those bronze plans look a hell of a lot like "inadequate insurance" to me. Poor people buying them because that was the best they could do were not going to be spared by $8K ramps. They could have just expanded medicaid, paid for it, and been done with it without all the sweetheart deals and political pandering.

/----/ Walk in Doc in a Box - they are all over. Yes, you need to pay for your own healthcare as I pay for mine.
MinuteClinic

Last edited:

/----/ Walk in Doc in a Box - they are all over. Yes, you need to pay for your own healthcare as I pay for mine.

I've been to Med Express- not real recently- and its a lot more convenient, less expensive and intrusive than an ER. You just have to pay.

Many of those 43 million didn't want insurance, because they didn't want to pay.

Its still a free country.

I'm just referring to those who need health CARE, but are indigent.

The people who you claim to be concerned about.

BTW, if someone doesn't have health insurance, and doesn't have health care expenses- or at least those they aren't paying- what difference should it make to anyone? My grandfather went without medical insurance, although he was covered by medicare when they finally persuaded him to go to the hospital. But he diid not need it.

The problem is, when one of those people who "didn't want it" got sick or injured, and had to go to the hospital, the rest of us end up paying. So, yeah, it does make a difference.

Of course, the real problem is that big insurance is in it for a profit, and they subscribe to the First Rule of Acquisition

images

"Once you've got their money, you never give it back!"

Trust me, you've never had to wrestle with an insurance company to get them to pay for something. And before you blurt out, "The government is just as bad", no, it really isn't.

Forum List

Back