Universal Background Checks

How are private gun sellers/buyers going to perform these "universal background checks"?

They can't. They'd have to outlaw private sales.

No, they could start a new program for that- but I believe they're talking about dealers. Maybe we should wait and see. But what would the Pub 24/7 propaganda/fear mongering machine do? I think the Dems are in the real world.
How much will this cost and how much will the government grow?

How are private gun sellers/buyers going to perform these "universal background checks"?

No, they could start a new program for that- but I believe they're talking about dealers. Maybe we should wait and see. But what would the Pub 24/7 propaganda/fear mongering machine do? I think the Dems are in the real world.

Reality is one's perception.

You almost gotta laugh. Democrats didn't even have a background check for the guy they ran for president.

not to mention "universal" checks for illegals....

heck Illinois doesn't even want to check them for getting a drivers license...

and i'm sure the idiot liberals not going to do "universal" checks on private sales in their violent neighborhoods....

so LIEberals....where's the actual protection for THE CHILDREN......???

or is this just another grab for more CONTROL of law-abiding citizens.....

heck it'd almost be better to put the gangs to work guarding the schools....:cool:

Wouldn't cost much- they already have background checks. And I am in favor of registration...but it's not necessary. What can Obama do with EO? Probably won't do too much. Because Pubs won't do ANYTHING LOL.

with "Universal" checks you would have to do a background check on your own son....when you decide to give him one of your guns...

:cuckoo:

Joe Biden Gun Control Recommendations: Background Checks To Be Top Priority

Sam Stein
01/11/2013

WASHINGTON -- Just days before Vice President Joe Biden issues a sweeping series of recommendations on gun policy Tuesday, the outline of his suggestions is coming into focus.

Multiple sources close to the talks tell The Huffington Post that the vice president will make universal background checks for all gun purchases the "top priority" of his suggestions. The idea has broad support among politicians in the wake of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, as well as backing from some traditionally pro-gun rights voices.

<snip>

Very highly doubtful that it has "broad support among politicians" or any "Pro gun rights voices".
Right, most politicians on the right are so scared of the NRA that they won't do their jobs, even though only .83% of those backed by the NRA won in the last election.

Gun Show Loophole - Coalition to Stop Gun Violence
Gun Show Loophole - Coalition to Stop Gun Violence - Cached - Similar
Unfortunately, current federal law requires criminal background checks only for
guns sold through licensed firearm dealers, which account for just 60% of all gun ...

one more time stupid,most private sales are conducted between friends, since you already know your friends background no background checks are necessary. Therefore no need to get the government paperwork anf the government doesn't need to know what I do with MY private property.

Not now, gang bangers buy them at gun shows...or straw men buy tons to take to NYC, Chicago, etc.

Right here, you proved you are an idiot.

Gangbangers generally get their guns from licensed firearm dealers that the ATF labels as rogue because they don't follow the law about background checks or allow obvious straw man purchases. The ATF doesn't put a high priority on these dealers for some reason that escapes the mind of reasonable people, even if cynics can tell them what it is.

Exactly. They would also have to force everyone to register their weapons in order to track the illegal sale of firearms after the fact,. I see no way even any court, even one as pro government as the Robert's Court, could allow the federal government to completely outlaw private business transactions.

I don't have to wait, I already know that every dealer is already required to do a background check on every gun sale, even if the sale occurs at a gun show.

Forum List

Back