Univ of Alabama EXPELS student for using racial slurs

You might not like it, but the fact of the matter is that nobody gives a shit if a black guy says n*gger. But in this case it was a white girl using it as a pejorative, and it went viral for millions of people to see.
Blacks are children. They must be protected.

I was on a Megabus the other day, all blacks on the bus except the guy across the aisle from me. He was Indian.
Young black male was yacking on his phone loudly saying nigga and muh fuckah constantly. Those blacks who are allegedly so pained by that word did nothing. Just another day in the life.
Any objection to non-blacks using that word is utter hypocrisy.

yes, because i am sure its school policy not to speak your mind outside of school. Especially on personal social accounts.
I hope next, public schools start expelling kids for their facebook posts
I am sure the totalitarians will love it!
Fuck individualism!
Fuck racism.
Id rather have a bunch of racists with freedom than a totalitarian society where people can only say a predetermined list of words and thoughts.
TN, we all deserve a modicum of respect as human beings, regardless of what "group" we have been roped into by another group. For a university to insist on that by its students does not seem fascist to me. Racism is corrosive and unhelpful to our society and there is no reason to welcome its soapbox into the public forum.
And totalitarianism isnt corrosive and unhelpful? LOL
Shall we discuss human history or no? :D
It wasnt even a school function. Thats some damn bullshit.
Are you giving your students punishment when they say something you dont agree with, when they are in their own homes?
Interestingly, when university professors who use their freedom of speech to express ideas the right doesn't like it; the right wants them fired.

Whose freedom of speech is okay for you? The left's or the right's?

And, BTW, if you have been to university, you realize professors are there to teach people to think for themselves. If a professor says something the student disagrees with, the student isn't being brainwashed, just exposed to different ideas.

I remember a college economics class when the professor talked about 'Jewing down' prices. I didn't report him; I just thought for myself he was being offensive. I wasn't being brainwashed by his bigotry. I was an educated, thinking adult (over 18).

Do I support this student's freedom of speech? Hypothetically, yes. But I also believe the university has a right to protect itself from a reputation of racism within it population.

Also, students go through screening to be accepted into a college. They have to write personal essays. She may have written something that clearly indicated she wasn't racist. Realistically, if she had expressed her racist ideas to 'admissions' before being admitted, she would not have been admitted. So the school has a right to say she was amitted under false pretenses.

Last edited:
yes, because i am sure its school policy not to speak your mind outside of school. Especially on personal social accounts.
Fuck individualism!
Fuck racism.
Id rather have a bunch of racists with freedom than a totalitarian society where people can only say a predetermined list of words and thoughts.

Racism IS morally wrong.
Morals are subjective. I do however believe it is ignorant.

Morals are relative.

"One cannot say of something that it is and that it is not in the same respect and at the same time." Aristotle

Ignorance, is a learned behavior.

This is what happens when you make rules...even laws...that don't apply equally to everyone.

Fuck individualism!

i'm sure you already have experienced this, but when you do stupid shit, you win stupid prizes.

I'm sure your trophy case is just about full!

Chris Matthews and Bill Maher call white people "crackers" on national TV and nothing is done to them!!!

She recorded herself making racial slurs on MLK Day. Her college expelled her.

jan 17 2018 A college student who posted a video of her racist ranting to social media on Martin Luther King Jr. Day has been expelled from the University of Alabama, school officials said Wednesday.

Harley Barber, a 19-year-old freshman from Marlton, N.J., recently posted two videos to her “fake” Instagram — the secret, secondary account many teenagers use to show their authentic, less polished selves — of her spewing language that sparked outrage both on her campus and across the country as the videos went viral.

“We do not waste water . . . because of the poor people in Syria,” she said in the first video, standing in front of a bathroom sink. “I love how I act like I love black people,” she said, before using racial slurs.

A second video was posted Monday in response to people who were upset by the language she used in the first. She threatened those who wanted to report her fake Instagram account to her sorority, Alpha Phi, for using racist language. She said she “doesn’t care if it’s Martin Luther King Day” before repeating a racial slur more than half a dozen times.

buh bye white trash.

:thup:

"crackers" bothers people?

Not me!

Was she black and saying "cracker", or white and saying "nigga"? Either way, there's no way she should have had any problems at school for posting something off campus and in her private life. That's bullshit!

That is Oceania-level speech and thought control. :eusa_naughty:

I believe David Gilmour wrote a song about this very topic. :rolleyes:

One set of rules for us, a different set of rules for them.

We can say nigga, you can't.

Women's reproductive rights, men can bite me.

Fuck individualism!
Fuck racism.
TN, we all deserve a modicum of respect as human beings, regardless of what "group" we have been roped into by another group. For a university to insist on that by its students does not seem fascist to me. Racism is corrosive and unhelpful to our society and there is no reason to welcome its soapbox into the public forum.
And totalitarianism isnt corrosive and unhelpful? LOL
Shall we discuss human history or no? :D
It wasnt even a school function. Thats some damn bullshit.
Are you giving your students punishment when they say something you dont agree with, when they are in their own homes?
Interestingly, when university professors who use their freedom of speech to express ideas the right doesn't like it; the right wants them fired.

Whose freedom of speech is okay for you? The left's or the right's?

And, BTW, if you have been to university, you realize professors are there to teach people to think for themselves. If a professor says something the student disagrees with, the student isn't being brainwashed, just exposed to different ideas.

I remember a college economics class when the professor talked about 'Jewing down' prices. I didn't report him; I just thought for myself he was being offensive. I wasn't being brainwashed by his bigotry. I was an educated, thinking adult (over 18).

Do I support this student's freedom of speech? Hypothetically, yes. But I also believe the university has a right to protect itself from a reputation of racism within it population.

Also, students go through screening to be accepted into a college. They have to write personal essays. She may have written something that clearly indicated she wasn't racist. Realistically, if she had expressed her racist ideas to 'admissions' before being admitted, she would not have been admitted. So the school has a right to say she was amitted under false pretenses.
The EMPLOYEE or TEACHER is held to a higher standard than a student.

So much for free speech. ..... :cool:

I don't think free speech means what you think it means.

Freedom from government interference is not the same thing as freedom from *consequence*. Words have consequences. You are free to both say what you want, and pay the price for what you said.

You might not like it, but the fact of the matter is that nobody gives a shit if a black guy says n*gger. But in this case it was a white girl using it as a pejorative, and it went viral for millions of people to see.

Thanks for proving you're a racist. You think there are words blacks can use but whites can't.!!

Chris Matthews and Bill Maher call white people "crackers" on national TV and nothing is done to them!!!

She recorded herself making racial slurs on MLK Day. Her college expelled her.

jan 17 2018 A college student who posted a video of her racist ranting to social media on Martin Luther King Jr. Day has been expelled from the University of Alabama, school officials said Wednesday.

Harley Barber, a 19-year-old freshman from Marlton, N.J., recently posted two videos to her “fake” Instagram — the secret, secondary account many teenagers use to show their authentic, less polished selves — of her spewing language that sparked outrage both on her campus and across the country as the videos went viral.

“We do not waste water . . . because of the poor people in Syria,” she said in the first video, standing in front of a bathroom sink. “I love how I act like I love black people,” she said, before using racial slurs.

A second video was posted Monday in response to people who were upset by the language she used in the first. She threatened those who wanted to report her fake Instagram account to her sorority, Alpha Phi, for using racist language. She said she “doesn’t care if it’s Martin Luther King Day” before repeating a racial slur more than half a dozen times.

Are they students there?

Fuck individualism!

Most universities have in their policy a code of conduct which includes representing the school in a respectable way, on or off campus. This dumb bitch uploaded not only one, but two videos of herself repeating racial slurs, and identified her sorority in the second one.
I guess that doesn't apply to black students there who incessantly say n!gger.

I'm aware. But why tolerate such a blatant and phony double standard?

Forum List

Back