United States now has more Spanish speakers than Spain – only Mexico has more

They only have 195,000 sq miles and 47 million people
We have over 3 million squares miles and over 330 million people

Time for the Trump administration to sign an order making American English our national language.

we dont have a country anymore. there is no America anymore.

US now has more Spanish speakers than Spain – only Mexico has more
Mexico doesn't speak real spanish. My Hispanic brother in law had a hard time understanding real Spanish.

I worked around quite a few Mexican laborers when I was a bricklayer in Texas, during the 80's. Even Mexicans from different parts of Mexico didn't understand each other some times. They must have alot of different dialects there or something.

But I did learn all of the choice Mexican curse words though. It seemed like every other word coming out of their mouths was an obscene word.

Mexico doesn't speak real spanish. My Hispanic brother in law had a hard time understanding real Spanish.

I worked around quite a few Mexican laborers when I was a bricklayer in Texas, during the 80's. Even Mexicans from different parts of Mexico didn't understand each other some times. They must have alot of different dialects there or something.

But I did learn all of the choice Mexican curse words though. It seemed like every other word coming out of their mouths was an obscene word.
Spanish has about twenty different dialects. I work with guys that speak several (Puerto Rico, Guatemala, Dominican), and they frequently can't understand each other.

Spanish has about twenty different dialects. I work with guys that speak several (Puerto Rico, Guatemala, Dominican), and they frequently can't understand each other.
I know very little Spanish, but I used to have a friend who was in the States for a few years from Barcelona. Her Spanish sounded beautiful. The accent was that of a European language. It was totally unlike the more primitive sounding language of those in Central and South America. She thought so too. She didn't like how Spain's "bastard children in the New World corrupted her language."

I have heard that Colombia reportedly has the "purest" form of Spanish of all Latin-American countries.

I have also read that mothers in Argentina did not want their children to watch Mexican telenovelas (soap operas) because those mothers were not pleased with Mexican Spanish.

Unlikely. Spanish speakers from all those countries are mutually intelligible. I see it every single day.

Last edited:
Is that bad?

Being able to speak two languages is kind of cool.

Language is one of the few common traits that bind this nation together.

My bad.

WAS.

We really should have had a real discussion about this before we did it.

Too bad the libs of the day, lied and the decision was thus based on false data.

Forum List

Back