United States is Heading in Wrong Direction

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by David2004, Mar 16, 2005.

1. David2004

David2004 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    One does not have to be a rocket scientist to see that the United States is heading in the wrong direction on multi-level platforms that are inter-connected. From the War in Iraq to our high level consumption of the world crude oil to the spiraling Twin Deficits. The United States is trying to secure the international boarders of Iraq when they cannot secure their boarders at home. The hypocrisy in what the United States government says and what they do for short-term gains is costing us a lot in the long run with compounding interest and problems.

Today in America the intellectuals are sidelined as extremists while the Ivy League special interest lobbies write the government policies to serve their interest. The United States government regulatory commissions today are similar to the foxes guarding the chicken coops. The policies of the United States Federal government are out of control at home and abroad. As a tyrant the United States government will step on anyone or nation that get in the way of its self-interests.

The answers to the problems that face the United States will be painful to many Americans. Many promises that have been made by the government and corporations will not be able to be kept disrupting the lives of many Americans. If major corrections in American policies are not made before it hits the fan it will lead to chaos on the international streets going to America. Only by addressing the problems of the big picture can we find the answers over the long run. It is time for the American people to wake-up and take control of the Federal Government putting it back into its place. This is true on the state, local and international level where the United States Federal government has over step its bounds. As long as American remain complacent with our current path the problems will only get worst for our children’s future. The United States government must regain its balance to its purpose and policies. The mismanagement by those in power is as good as treason to our country.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

Whose in power these days anyway?

3. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540

Yawn. Are you going to post solutions to any of the myriad problems you bring up? Or is this another hit-and-run posting?

4. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Q. What does this sound mean:

Cloppity-clop, BANG! Cloppity, clop, BANG!

A. An Amish drive-by.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Itsthetruth

Itsthetruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Now .... now. Let's not bring George W. Bush into this discussion.

6. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

Whew - this guy is GOOD!

7. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533

LOL - it seems to go hand in hand with the ideology, doesn't it?

8. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,192
    You know, you really bug me. I mean if you actually sat around and discussed things rather than hitting and running with your posts i wouldnt mind. but the hit and run tactic gets really annoying.

Anyway that with that aside, if we are going in the wrong direction which way is the right one? How about instead of just critisizing you offer a better solution? I mean if you dont have a better solution then whats wrong with the path we are on now? Atleast now we are dealing with some of the problems facing the nation. Would you prefer we sat around and did nothing?

Its easy to critisize and mock. (the mocking is more for other than you) Real leadership comes with trying to do something to make the world better. It doesn't take a real man to point out problems. it takes a real man to fix those problems.

One thing i deffinately agree with you on. we need to secure our boarder. I suggest we annex Mexico. It would end the flood of illegal immigration from Mexico and make our Southern boarder alot smaller. Plus it would open alot of economic opportunity to those with some vision. Regardless though we need to do something about the southern boarder.

9. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    you know john kerry said all this during the campaign.....he said he had a solution to all of these problems....

anyone know why JFK II hasn't shared all these solutions that he and his shiny pony had?

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    David, never mind the naysayers! I am hear to acknowledge that you have set a bar quite low for ITT to catch up to. I think he has what it takes though and have helped him on his way!