United States is Heading in Wrong Direction

David2004

Jan 15, 2004
One does not have to be a rocket scientist to see that the United States is heading in the wrong direction on multi-level platforms that are inter-connected. From the War in Iraq to our high level consumption of the world crude oil to the spiraling Twin Deficits. The United States is trying to secure the international boarders of Iraq when they cannot secure their boarders at home. The hypocrisy in what the United States government says and what they do for short-term gains is costing us a lot in the long run with compounding interest and problems.

Today in America the intellectuals are sidelined as extremists while the Ivy League special interest lobbies write the government policies to serve their interest. The United States government regulatory commissions today are similar to the foxes guarding the chicken coops. The policies of the United States Federal government are out of control at home and abroad. As a tyrant the United States government will step on anyone or nation that get in the way of its self-interests.

The answers to the problems that face the United States will be painful to many Americans. Many promises that have been made by the government and corporations will not be able to be kept disrupting the lives of many Americans. If major corrections in American policies are not made before it hits the fan it will lead to chaos on the international streets going to America. Only by addressing the problems of the big picture can we find the answers over the long run. It is time for the American people to wake-up and take control of the Federal Government putting it back into its place. This is true on the state, local and international level where the United States Federal government has over step its bounds. As long as American remain complacent with our current path the problems will only get worst for our children’s future. The United States government must regain its balance to its purpose and policies. The mismanagement by those in power is as good as treason to our country.

David2004 said:
One does not have to be a rocket scientist to see that the United States is heading in the wrong direction on multi-level platforms that are inter-connected. From the War in Iraq to our high level consumption of the world crude oil to the spiraling Twin Deficits. The United States is trying to secure the international boarders of Iraq when they cannot secure their boarders at home. The hypocrisy in what the United States government says and what they do for short-term gains is costing us a lot in the long run with compounding interest and problems.

Today in America the intellectuals are sidelined as extremists while the Ivy League special interest lobbies write the government policies to serve their interest. The United States government regulatory commissions today are similar to the foxes guarding the chicken coops. The policies of the United States Federal government are out of control at home and abroad. As a tyrant the United States government will step on anyone or nation that get in the way of its self-interests.

The answers to the problems that face the United States will be painful to many Americans. Many promises that have been made by the government and corporations will not be able to be kept disrupting the lives of many Americans. If major corrections in American policies are not made before it hits the fan it will lead to chaos on the international streets going to America. Only by addressing the problems of the big picture can we find the answers over the long run. It is time for the American people to wake-up and take control of the Federal Government putting it back into its place. This is true on the state, local and international level where the United States Federal government has over step its bounds. As long as American remain complacent with our current path the problems will only get worst for our children’s future. The United States government must regain its balance to its purpose and policies. The mismanagement by those in power is as good as treason to our country.

Whose in power these days anyway?

David2004 said:

Yawn. Are you going to post solutions to any of the myriad problems you bring up? Or is this another hit-and-run posting?

Q. What does this sound mean:

Cloppity-clop, BANG! Cloppity, clop, BANG!

A. An Amish drive-by.

Sir Evil said:
Very true! all you need to do is have your head way up your ass and a lack of knowledge in world that surrounds you ....

Now .... now. Let's not bring George W. Bush into this discussion.

Sir Evil said:
MM, Notice how these far left type can almost always instantly whip up a real witted reply? the level is astounding! :rolleyes:

LOL - it seems to go hand in hand with the ideology, doesn't it?

David2004 said:

You know, you really bug me. I mean if you actually sat around and discussed things rather than hitting and running with your posts i wouldnt mind. but the hit and run tactic gets really annoying.

Anyway that with that aside, if we are going in the wrong direction which way is the right one? How about instead of just critisizing you offer a better solution? I mean if you dont have a better solution then whats wrong with the path we are on now? Atleast now we are dealing with some of the problems facing the nation. Would you prefer we sat around and did nothing?

Its easy to critisize and mock. (the mocking is more for other than you) Real leadership comes with trying to do something to make the world better. It doesn't take a real man to point out problems. it takes a real man to fix those problems.

One thing i deffinately agree with you on. we need to secure our boarder. I suggest we annex Mexico. It would end the flood of illegal immigration from Mexico and make our Southern boarder alot smaller. Plus it would open alot of economic opportunity to those with some vision. Regardless though we need to do something about the southern boarder.

you know john kerry said all this during the campaign.....he said he had a solution to all of these problems....

anyone know why JFK II hasn't shared all these solutions that he and his shiny pony had?

David, never mind the naysayers! I am hear to acknowledge that you have set a bar quite low for ITT to catch up to. I think he has what it takes though and have helped him on his way!

The United States economy is on the cusp of imploding. Anyone looking at the economic charts of the United States would realize that there is real trouble ahead. Foreigners are holding 3 trillion dollars of the 7.2 trillion dollars of the United States debt. The Bank of China bought 200 billion dollars of United States Treasury Bonds last year with a total holding of 600 billion dollar of US Treasury Bonds. Japan is holding over 700 billion dollar of the United States government foreign debt of the 3 trillion dollars. Between the United States government’s twin deficits, foreign and domestic policies there are many international leaders that are questioning the real value of the American dollar.

The value of many countries currencies is directly connected to the value of the United States dollar. This is creating a lot of turmoil in the international financially markets with the higher price of crude oil and the weakening American dollar. The United States has led the world’s nations into the modern world. Today there are real problems and question that the people of the modern world face that have not addressed or answered. The question of the satiability of the current course of the modern world’s energy consumption, world population growth, and the standard of living of the people around the world.

Freedom and democracy without prosperity will lead to chaos. People of the world want the same things for themselves, family, community and nation. They want security, prosperity, good health, respect and a better future for their children. Today the United States government’s policies and actions are jeopardizing the prosperity and security of the international community of nations. Only by the United States government correcting and bring into balance its domestic and foreign policies will the world have a chance for peace, prosperity and security.

The United States military can win the military war by destroying the infrastructure of most of the counties in the world. While losing the economic and political struggle for peace the United States is undermining the security of the world. Today the United States is consuming too much of the world’s debt and oil for there to be enough to go around. The money borrowed and oil consumed by the United States is straining the security of the international financial markets. The overly aggressive military position of the United States has drained 100’s of billions of dollars from the world economy and American taxpayers. February 2005 Taiwan the fifth largest holder of United States debt (56 billion dollars) and South Korea fourth largest holder of 63 billion dollars of United States debt announce they want to sell some of their United States debt. The day China decides to sell their United States Treasury Bonds will be the day nobody will want to be holding the US Bonds.

The lack of balance in the financial, political and diplomatic policies of the United States has raised the level of tension around the world. Only by balancing the policies and role of the United States Government can the real problems be addressed at home and abroad. The United States Federal Government has over extended its position at home and abroad interfering with the individual rights of others. Many of the short-term policies that are serving the best national interest of the United States are at the root of the problems over the long term. Because of the inter connection of the problems so too are the answers.

Only by creating a balanced platform that can hold up to be equal for all sides will we find the answers to the problem we face. The problems we face as a nation in the community of nation will effect us all. The inhuman and unbearable conditions face by the people of one side will migrate to the people on the other side one day. If the United States wants to regain control of there own future and become a respected leader among the leaders of nations. There will have to be major changes made to the United States role and power among the community of nations. The United States government cannot preach democracy and freedom to other nations in the world while they are dictating their policies onto other nations of people in the world. A better balance is needed between the use of diplomacy and the use of military force in promoting democracy and prosperity around the world.

Once again the messanger is shot. I think it is unfair to demand that a person who legitimately raises issues should necessarily come up with the solutions to the problems or concerns.
Generally, I think that most of us who are concerned about deficit spending and would support a balance budget. Currently the revenues raised by the tax breaks has not been enough to fill this gap so maybe the tax cuts should be dropped.
Generally, I think we should be concerned about the development of the third world nations and the WTO which is exploiting their poverty.
Generally, I think that our government should get out of the private lives of citizens.
I could continue but my point is that there are problems and that we need to discuss them and come up with workable and humane solutions.

sagegirl said:
Once again the messanger is shot. I think it is unfair to demand that a person who legitimately raises issues should necessarily come up with the solutions to the problems or concerns.
Generally, I think that most of us who are concerned about deficit spending and would support a balance budget. Currently the revenues raised by the tax breaks has not been enough to fill this gap so maybe the tax cuts should be dropped.
Generally, I think we should be concerned about the development of the third world nations and the WTO which is exploiting their poverty.
Generally, I think that our government should get out of the private lives of citizens.
I could continue but my point is that there are problems and that we need to discuss them and come up with workable and humane solutions.

So what are your suggested solutions, we can see if we can meet at some common ground.

sagegirl said:

The messenger isnt shot he is dead. He refuses to actually discuss any of these issues. He just hits and runs. You cant discuss the problems if one of the parties refuses to pull the stick out of his butt and sit down to discuss them like normal people.

no1tovote4 said:
So what are your suggested solutions, we can see if we can meet at some common ground.
Here's a few:
Criminal justice system.....decriminalize drugs and other "victimless" crimes such as prostitution, do away with mandantory sentences, no plea bargains, make jail time tough, (punishment phase, restitution phase and a rehabilitation phase). TV, movies, exercise equipment, and other amenities are reserved for the last phase . No "early releases."
Economy...... eliminate deficit spending ...balance the budget, simplify the tax structure, and eliminate or at least modify loopholes and corporate welfare, have the weathy pay at a HIGHER rate, they make more and benefit more from our national wealth. Eliminate most subsidies. Restructure welfare, fostercare and other programs so that the needs are met for the least possible cost. Things like communal housing where all recipients contribute something to the process, cooking, doing laundry, whatever.
Healthcare.....Somehow make it available to everybody, probably with a adjusted copay depending on how much you pay into a plan. There are lots of costs in the insurance and bureaucracy of the current system that could be standardized and kept at minimums. Extreme cases would have to be dealt with on an individual basis.....with the emphasis on patient responsibility.
Quit subsidizing the big pharmacuetical companies.
Enviornment.....Support international policies to reduce pollution and preserve natural enviornments, develop and implement alternative energy sources.
Well, thats just a few thoughts, Im sure there are many more knowleagable board members here that could suggest more and better stuff.

If money is the root to evil then religion is the by-product. A western capitalist society that revolves around money or an eastern society that revolves around religion. Common sense would tell you a balnce between faith and material things is better than one or the other. The critics from both sides will accuse the other side of being too much of the other (religious or materialist) and reality will tell you to some degrees this is true.

When the religious leaders and or capitalist leaders have too much power over a government, what is in the best interest of the people at large will be lost to those in power. When combined with large armies that have weapons of mass of mass destruction the security of the future of the human race in danger. Only by having an international understanding that what is right and fair for one side should be equally apply to the other side whether allied or foe. The role of federal governments should be limited to their borders and international multi-lateral platforms. Stronger regional multi-lateral organizations are needed to help settle local problems and disputes.

It is natural for governments to want to grow and consolidate more power for themselves. It is not natural for governments to concede the powers they all ready have to another. Here lies the problem in any changes for the better. Only by bringing the role of governments into question can you address the problems we face as a people in the world. For each nation will have its own unique standards and problems that will have to be addressed. For some nation the federal government may be too large and over stepping its bounds. For other nations the Federal government may not be strong enough to handle its own internal problems. In each case the people within a nation are the only ones that can make the needed changes to make things better.

David2004 said:
Only by bringing the role of governments into question can you address the problems we face as a people in the world.

Right. Types of governments should be evaluated. Socialist/tyrannical governments focus all power in the hands of government. this screws up the market forces cause economic stagnation and shortages of all kind, lack of opportunity, shrinking economies, death, and destruction. these types of governments need to be eliminated from the face of the earth.

Our elected Federal leaders are so removed from Main Street American while they are working in hollow castles lined with marble and gold. If the Board of Directors in the private sector acted in the same manor as our federally elected officials they would be indicted on a whole host of crimes. Major reform is needed within the government in its relationship to the corporations and Main Street America. The United States Federal Government has over stepped its bounds in its foreign and domestic policies. With too many promises made with many of them about to be broken. The lack of balance and common sense with no real long term planning for what is in the greater interest of society at large. The greed of a few people, have taken over the system to serve their own self-interest.

Most people will agree the system is broken and needs to be fixed. They will blame it on the political party on the other side while defending the political leaders of their party of choice. The people who cry out the loudest against socialism are lining their pockets of cash from government programs. Whether they are a doctor, lawyer, farmer, civil servant, corporate defense worker or a GI trying to collect their veteran’s benefits.

Today so many Americans take so much for granted with no real perspective on what life’s reality is for the majority of the people in the world. The spending habits of the American people and United States government are jeopardizing the future security of the people in the world. The old saying, “Follow the money to solve the crime” this will often bring you back to America. The American people and the people of the world are being raped by the policies and actions of the United States government. Major changes are needed within the American system to make it possible for other nations to change their ways for the better.

My Blog

David2004 said:
:blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

Do you actually have any specific beefs with the system that you'd care to name? Do you have any suggestions? In fact, do you have anything but an empty, soapbox speech?

Forum List

Back