United States is Heading in Wrong Direction

We do subsidize all of those (houses, health care and higher education), and lemme tell you, with the exception of the very last one, it's not working.
Because i shuts out the Middle Class...the working class. I could do nothing and get all that shit for free. I choose to work and I fight an uphill battle aganist the rising cost of living, the stagnant average wage and the extreme costs of higher education, housing, and health care...all of which fleece the working class.

One thing that struck me when I first opened this thread is that the initial post provided numerous topics that would make interesting subjects. The next several posts however did not address those topics but rather complained in an ad hominem manner to the member for posting them.

I agree that those members who merely pontificate but do not participate in a discussion of the points made are tiresome. Okay boring. This is evenmoreso the case of those who do a thread starting pontification and never return to it. But I think ad hominem posts are not helpful in getting a good discussion going.

David is furnishing some good material here.

In my view, all the 'sins' of the country being enumerated here are nothing new. They've all been around for a very long time. What has changed, however, is an erosion of our national cohesion as one people mostly sharing common American values. The 'wrong direction' is steered by too much of an'us' versus 'them' mentality. Degradation of shared values has created a society that is too adversarial and demanding with corresponding diminishing of quality in education, performance of trades and services, work ethic, personal responsibility and accountability.

All that leaves the door wide open for the negatives of all those things already mentioned to come to the forefront and produces a society less well equipped to deal with them.

I hope the pendulum swings back to a unified country with shared positive values soon. Our world will be much more pleasant when that happens.

One thing that struck me when I first opened this thread is that the initial post provided numerous topics that would make interesting subjects. The next several posts however did not address those topics but rather complained in an ad hominem manner to the member for posting them.

I agree that those members who merely pontificate but do not participate in a discussion of the points made are tiresome. Okay boring. This is evenmoreso the case of those who do a thread starting pontification and never return to it. But I think ad hominem posts are not helpful in getting a good discussion going.

David is furnishing some good material here.

In my view, all the 'sins' of the country being enumerated here are nothing new. They've all been around for a very long time. What has changed, however, is an erosion of our national cohesion as one people mostly sharing common American values. The 'wrong direction' is steered by too much of an'us' versus 'them' mentality. Degradation of shared values has created a society that is too adversarial and demanding with corresponding diminishing of quality in education, performance of trades and services, work ethic, personal responsibility and accountability.

All that leaves the door wide open for the negatives of all those things already mentioned to come to the forefront and produces a society less well equipped to deal with them.

I hope the pendulum swings back to a unified country with shared positive values soon. Our world will be much more pleasant when that happens.

One thing that struck ME when I first opened this thread is all the responses from Taomon to people who haven't posted on this board in a couple of years.:badgrin:

Because i shuts out the Middle Class...the working class. I could do nothing and get all that shit for free. I choose to work and I fight an uphill battle aganist the rising cost of living, the stagnant average wage and the extreme costs of higher education, housing, and health care...all of which fleece the working class.

You are right... NOBODY should get that "shit" for free....

It is not about including more groups into the liberal 'Robin Hood' notion of wealth redistribution

The only other explanation is that they received gratuities for their cooperation...

The KNOWN leaders, that is to say our pols, work to get elected by a system which is DESIGNED TO ENCOURAGE AND REWARD BRIBERY.

The hidden agenda that I think is going on is the bankrupting of the American working/middle class to assure the elites class that they will forever be able to hire one work to kill another who has the unmitigated audacity to stand up to their system.

In order to really put the screws to the middle class, you have to also bankrupt the national and state governments so that social welfare (which mostly goes to that middle class, yes, that's right not to the welfare class but the middle class) so that they'll be pliable enough to FOLLOW ORDERS.

And it's working, folks.

The "Starve the beast" plan of the internationalists (aka neo cons, aka libertarian, aka rich fucks and the pandering class traitors who suck their assholes) is working marvelously.

who was it that said bob barr wouldn't affect mccain? barr is getting 6 percent and that's hurting mccain. obama 44 to mccains 38 percent. i'd say that 6 percent makes all the difference.

mccain is a fake. true liberals and conservatives know it.

Forum List

Back