United States Currency Is Racist

GotZoom

Apr 20, 2005
Cordova, TN
WASHINGTON D.C., USA -- A complaint brought about on Saturday by a collaboration of minority rights groups claimed United States currency does not reflect the true diversity of the American people.

The joint statement issued by this collaborative group effort demanded seeing currency printed with “prominent historical figures from the African-American, Asian-American, or Hispanic-American community.” A definitive time frame was not included in the statement but did say it would like to see the changes “in the near future.”

“If you read through United States history you will realize it was not only white men who contributed to the making and shaping of this country. Why can't there be one African-American featured in our currency?” said a prominent African-American spokesman associated with the effort.

The joint statement is expected to generate controversy similar to the Sacagawea coin, which many consider a monument to political correctness.

The United States Department of Treasury, in charge of producing all currency and coinage, was not available to comment on the complaint.

After announcement of the complaint, many internet message boards were already aflame discussing the issue. A fierce opponent of the complaint posted “The minority pressure groups will most likely be successful in their pursuit – remember political correctness rules the day” while one advocate replied, “PC or not, we are no longer a White America but Multicultural, Multiethnic, and Multiracial America. This complaint is long overdue.”

http://www.writewing.org/CNN/united.states.currency.controversy.htm
-----

Oh, please make it stop.

when there's a black/hispanic/hmong/somali/muslim president who's made a difference in the country, then we'll talk about it. so far, i have yet to see one to actually run for prez., and to be nominated as a candidate.

only a select few presidents are even on currency. Ben Franklin wasn't a president, but he was in government, though i am not sure how he came to be on currency (something to look up later), the $100 bill no less. He did though, make many advances in science that we use today.

Sorry guys, but I have to agree on this one. They should put a black person on the currency. My first two nominees would be Louis Armstrong and Duke Ellington.

European (pre-euro) and other countries have put cultural figures on their currency and it's interesting.

For a woman, how about Amelia Earhart? She represents the American spirit of adventure and fearlessness.

What's wrong with shaking things up a bit? Our money is boring.

Fuck that, nuc. What black figure played a pivotal role in the founding of this country? Hell the only figure on dollar bills that isnt 1 of the founders is Abe Lincoln.

Until there is a Black figure that was pivotal in shaping the future of this country, then i believe the Bills should remain the way they are. The closest so far that ive seen has been Martin Luther King. However he falls short because his movement has been completely forgotten by today's blacks.

insein said:
Fuck that, nuc. What black figure played a pivotal role in the founding of this country? Hell the only figure on dollar bills that isnt 1 of the founders is Abe Lincoln.

Until there is a Black figure that was pivotal in shaping the future of this country, then i believe the Bills should remain the way they are. The closest so far that ive seen has been Martin Luther King. However he falls short because his movement has been completely forgotten by today's blacks.

There's no rule that says currency has to feature founders of countries. If you look at currency from around the world it features art, artists, musicians, soldiers, sportsmen, buildings, animals all kinds of people and things.

In my opinion one of the greatest things America has given the world, and one of the things that generates goodwill for us is the music. No doubt the greatest contribution black have made are in the fields of sport and music. What's wrong with honoring that? You're right about blacks forgetting MLK, but they also don't know anything of their own cultural history. Why not remind them of it with the $$$$$?

Loosen your tie!

GotZoom said:
The joint statement is expected to generate controversy similar to the Sacagawea coin, which many consider a monument to political correctness.
and we all know how well those were greeted. as a person who worked in a gas station i hated those coins.

and by the way, what loser came up with this complaint? like there isnt enough bullshit in the world happening right now that we have time to worry about or money system being PC? fuck PC, its killing us. we spend more in doing research and making bullshit lawsuites. stop with the stupid shit already!

GotZoom said:
I want to leave it like it is simply because certain people with warped agendas want it changed.

Thats it right there. If some people with enough lobbying money like George Sauros had their way, we might end up with Hugo Chavez or Joseph Stalin on our money for their heroic efforts in trying to show the American people that the true way of Communism is the right path.

:bsflag:

insein said:
Thats it right there. If some people with enough lobbying money like George Sauros had their way, we might end up with Hugo Chavez or Joseph Stalin on our money for their heroic efforts in trying to show the American people that the true way of Communism is the right path.

:bsflag:
Not to mention Jesse Jackson and David Duke...

Johnney said:
and we all know how well those were greeted. as a person who worked in a gas station i hated those coins.

and by the way, what loser came up with this complaint? like there isnt enough bullshit in the world happening right now that we have time to worry about or money system being PC? fuck PC, its killing us. we spend more in doing research and making bullshit lawsuites. stop with the stupid shit already!

Now you see the left's agenda. Not the democrats but the left in general have been trying to take over our society through political correctness for years. Their goal is not equality but division and confusion. They cost money and tie up courts with frivelous lawsuits over ridiculous bullshit like this to cause other things to fall apart in other areas.

Slowly the lawyers and the left are killing this country.

C'mon, let's show a little imagination!

How about Edgar Allen Poe? Charlie Parker? Jackson Pollock? Hank Williams Sr.? Vince Lombardi? Billie Holiday? Jesse Owens? Tex Avery? Miles Davis? Elvis?

There are so many people who could be on the $$$$$ who are more interesting than some politicians.

Nuc said:
C'mon, let's show a little imagination!

How about Edgar Allen Poe? Charlie Parker? Jackson Pollock? Hank Williams Sr.? Vince Lombardi? Billie Holiday? Jesse Owens? Tex Avery? Miles Davis? Elvis?

There are so many people who could be on the $$$$$ who are more interesting than some politicians.

I dont think of the founders as politicians. They are not of the same slimy ilk that we have now running things in Washington. They were out there on the front lines bleeding their blood and fighting for the future of our country. Washington, Jeffereson, Hamilton, Jackson, Madison, Franklin, even Lincoln and Grant were made of different stuff then these posers today. They all shaped what this country has become and made this country great through their hard, HARD work and effort and sacrifice. Thats who i think should be on the money. Those that fought and sacrificed everything to create this nation or to keep intact at times of peril, like Jackson, Lincoln, Grant, McKinley, Wilson, FDR, Eisenhower and JFK. Even names like Susan B Anthony have a place on our money because of her efforts to change the course of the nation for the better.

People like Sacegewea and Grover Cleveland have no business being on our money. One was a PC gesture to pander to American Indians who had accepted defeat many years ago until the left tried to give them victory through lawsuits. The other was a pure politician. He had no significance in this country and is an example as to why people of very little merit should NOT be on money.

I can only think of a few individuals that should be on our money in the future. These are only possibilities. Reagan because of his efforts to end the Communist regime in the USSR. Martin Luther King Jr. because of his efforts to attain civil rights for minorities (despite said minorities squandering it.) Thats about it so far.

insein said:
I dont think of the founders as politicians. They are not of the same slimy ilk that we have now running things in Washington. They were out there on the front lines bleeding their blood and fighting for the future of our country. Washington, Jeffereson, Hamilton, Jackson, Madison, Franklin, even Lincoln and Grant were made of different stuff then these posers today. They all shaped what this country has become and made this country great through their hard, HARD work and effort and sacrifice. Thats who i think should be on the money. Those that fought and sacrificed everything to create this nation or to keep intact at times of peril, like Jackson, Lincoln, Grant, McKinley, Wilson, FDR, Eisenhower and JFK. Even names like Susan B Anthony have a place on our money because of her efforts to change the course of the nation for the better.

People like Sacegewea and Grover Cleveland have no business being on our money. One was a PC gesture to pander to American Indians who had accepted defeat many years ago until the left tried to give them victory through lawsuits. The other was a pure politician. He had no significance in this country and is an example as to why people of very little merit should NOT be on money.

I can only think of a few individuals that should be on our money in the future. These are only possibilities. Reagan because of his efforts to end the Communist regime in the USSR. Martin Luther King Jr. because of his efforts to attain civil rights for minorities (despite said minorities squandering it.) Thats about it so far.

I agree with what you say about the founders here. And they are represented. I'm just saying we could change things up and honor people who excelled in a broad spectrum of activities. Or no person at all. Australia has a very popular banknote depicting aboriginal art. It's a way of acknowledging the aborigines without having to put an individual on the money. New Zealand and Australia have some of their unique animals on their money. Doesn't bother me a bit.

Nuc said:
I agree with what you say about the founders here. And they are represented. I'm just saying we could change things up and honor people who excelled in a broad spectrum of activities. Or no person at all. Australia has a very popular banknote depicting aboriginal art. It's a way of acknowledging the aborigines without having to put an individual on the money. New Zealand and Australia have some of their unique animals on their money. Doesn't bother me a bit.

That's why God made postage stamps.

Ok, here's my 2 cents.

I know other countries put all kinds of crap on their money. However, American money is sacred, and the spot in the middle of the front of the bill is reserved for somebody who really changed our country for the better. Most people on money were founding fathers. The others had a part in holding the country together. (except Sacagawea. her money sucked so she didn't count)

"Artists" on money? No. Hell no. I hear all the time about music changing the world and music bringing people together. I hear so many people talk about the impact of music on the world. Lemme tell you the impact of music on the world. It's almost entirely either neutral or negative. Most good music stirs up very powerful emotions, but doesn't really change the course of societies and cultures. Bad music causes poor, black children to think of life on the streets as glamorous, so they stay poor and end up getting shot in a bad drug deal. Some musicians should have museums, memorials, or buildings named after them, not get their face on money.

"Diversity" in money? Look, punk, our money reflects our history, and you can't change history to be PC. Whenever enough women and black people do enough to pass our founding frickin' fathers in merit, then we'll start putting them on money. Until then, maybe we can put MLK on the back of some special edition quarter or the next horribly failed dollar coin. However, unlike college admissions, minorities on money is based solely on merit, so you'll have to earn it.

Forum List

Back