United Methodism at a crossroads

Umm...ummmmm....trying to blame God for our actions is waste if time. Just because something is doesn't mean it's should be in the church.
Jesus died on the cross for our sins, so that bill is already paid.
Yeah .......
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Romans:6:1
It means do what you want because Jesus paid the sin bill.
Right ...that's what be ye holy means.....

The Methodist church has always been an inclusive church. I think embracing homosexual members is a good thing. If it is the mortal sin so many seem to think, God will sort them out.
If something is a sin and you welcome it into the congregation and sanction it you can no longer preach "be ye holy ....."

Perhaps they could start with "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
If one CHOOSES to continue to sin after being saved they are at fault and are NOT in fact saved unless they repent and STOP sinning.

Leaders of the United Methodist Church have rejected the One Church Plan, a measure that would have eased restrictions on gay clergy and same-sex marriages, with delegates voting against it at a special session of the church's General Conference.

On Tuesday afternoon, delegates from around the world voted 438 to 384 to pass what was called the Traditional Plan, which maintains the church's rules.

Excluding from what....the church ..no....from leadership yes ......
Anyone practicing and advocating for a lifestyle in opposition to scripture should not be ordained ...pretty simple

If they are called by God, who are we to say they can't?
if that were true they wouldn't be practicing sin,,,,

Who says they are? One can be homosexual without committing the sin of homosexual acts. Just like straight couples can avoid committing acts of adultery.

Umm...ummmmm....trying to blame God for our actions is waste if time. Just because something is doesn't mean it's should be in the church.
Jesus died on the cross for our sins, so that bill is already paid.
Yeah .......
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Romans:6:1
It means do what you want because Jesus paid the sin bill.
Right ...that's what be ye holy means.....
We’re holy because Jesus rid us of sin. Don’t you know anything?

Not an issue its a do not pass go......want to promote that lifestyle you dont get a church pulpit to do it......

Looks like a possible split over the issue of homosexuality.

One group says that Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the Garden. The other group disagrees.

The late, great Dr. Jerry Falwell- IMHO the greatest theologian of our time- researched this topic in the scriptures for more than half a century.

I know that our homosexual friends really like to take it in the butt, but that doesn't mean that its scriptural.

United Methodist Church on edge of breakup over LGBT stand

You lost me when you said Falwell was a great theologian

It was said long ago give the gays an inch and they'll want 10 miles. now they want to go to church doing what God says is not right but yet they want to be in church how can you serve God and be that big of a sinner

One group says that Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the Garden. The other group disagrees.

The late, great Dr. Jerry Falwell- IMHO the greatest theologian of our time- researched this topic in the scriptures for more than half a century.

I know that our homosexual friends really like to take it in the butt, but that doesn't mean that its scriptural.

God made homosexuality, it can be found throughout nature.
God made Adam and Eve. Adam's failure to listen to GOD's warning brought about the sin that would eventually bring about Sodomy as one consequence.

We do not consider any of the Mormon "prophets" as great theologians, only highly deceptive.

Dr. Falwell has 3 doctorate degrees in both theology and divinity. Highly regarded, with one of the highest rated theology programs on TV.

It was said long ago give the gays an inch and they'll want 10 miles. now they want to go to church doing what God says is not right but yet they want to be in church how can you serve God and be that big of a sinner
I agree that gays are sinners, and all sexual sins are grievous. However, as long as any sinner willingly admits that he/she is a sinner and needs the Savior, then I do believe GOD will lead that individual into the light if he /she continues to reach out to Jesus.

I agree that gays are sinners, and all sexual sins are grievous. However, as long as any sinner willingly admits that he/she is a sinner and needs the Savior, then I do believe GOD will lead that individual into the light if he /she continues to reach out to Jesus.
But they're not reaching out to Jesus they are wanting the church to marry them how hypocritical is that

Forum List

Back