New religion: artificial God

Quentin111

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2014
Many things that we now have (smartphones, the Internet, flying through the air, flying into space), when they were told in myths and legends.
Science and technology has made these things real. I think that in the distant future, scientists will be able to realize the myths cited in the Old and New Testaments.
Namely, the Afterlife, Paradise, Hell, Purgatory, will create a god-like creature that will determine the souls of the dead in the Afterlife.
Perhaps this will be done with the help of artificial intelligence, with the help of access to other spatial dimensions and access at any time of the past time using a time machine.
Therefore, the creation of artificial intelligence becomes the main point of human existence. Many scientists agree that artificial intelligence can be created by studying how human intelligence works.
Hence, the main purpose of human existence is to study the work of the human brain. In the United States, the BRAIN Initiative is the study of the human brain.
If I had an extra billion dollars, I would have invested it in this project.
I wrote about the hypothesis of an artificial god to reconcile atheists and believers.

In essence, the task of designing and creating the Lord God is an engineering task. Only today, technology does not allow it. When can our knowledge of physics allow us to create God? Maybe in 1000 years, maybe in 2000 years?

In essence, the task of designing and creating the Lord God is an engineering task. Only today, technology does not allow it. When can our knowledge of physics allow us to create God? Maybe in 1000 years, maybe in 2000 years?
What exactly is your perception of God?

It might be helpful for you to define what God is before you go about trying to artificially create God, don’t you think?

Many things that we now have (smartphones, the Internet, flying through the air, flying into space), when they were told in myths and legends.
Science and technology has made these things real. I think that in the distant future, scientists will be able to realize the myths cited in the Old and New Testaments.
Namely, the Afterlife, Paradise, Hell, Purgatory, will create a god-like creature that will determine the souls of the dead in the Afterlife.
Perhaps this will be done with the help of artificial intelligence, with the help of access to other spatial dimensions and access at any time of the past time using a time machine.
Therefore, the creation of artificial intelligence becomes the main point of human existence. Many scientists agree that artificial intelligence can be created by studying how human intelligence works.
Hence, the main purpose of human existence is to study the work of the human brain. In the United States, the BRAIN Initiative is the study of the human brain.
I wrote about the hypothesis of an artificial god to reconcile atheists and believers.
OldLady HERE'S something very interesting -

Perhaps what I'm about to say may veer off what the OP had in mind, but somewhere in the future if the human conscience is able to be uploaded and continued inside of a quantum computer ~ it opens the possibility for Judging one's biological life in terms of good and bad and then assigning their consciousness around the time of their biological death into a program of heaven or a program of hell, to sit for as long as the computer is able to be sustained and without even the possibility of suicide.

Gross! So0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 much can go wrong with fucking around with the future sciences, but so much can go right. I've thought about simulated realities, but never in terms of ultimate judgment like the OP here...thought I'd call your attention to it. :eusa_think::eusa_think::eusa_think::eusa_think::eusa_think:

Perhaps what I'm about to say may veer off what the OP had in mind, but somewhere in the future if the human conscience is able to be uploaded and continued inside of a quantum computer ~ it opens the possibility for Judging one's biological life in terms of good and bad and then assigning their consciousness around the time of their biological death into a program of heaven or a program of hell, to sit for as long as the computer is able to be sustained and without even the possibility of suicide.

Gross! So0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0 much can go wrong with fucking around with the future sciences, but so much can go right. I've thought about simulated realities, but never in terms of ultimate judgment like the OP here...thought I'd call your attention to it. :eusa_think::eusa_think::eusa_think::eusa_think::eusa_think:
It doesn't make sense to me, G.T., since if the person is dead, he or she won't experience the AI hell, will they?

Of all the things we could do with Artificial Intelligence, creating a heaven and hell is the dumbest thing I can think of. Why would he want to do that? I'm probably missing something.

It doesn't make sense to me, G.T., since if the person is dead, he or she won't experience the AI hell, will they?

Of all the things we could do with Artificial Intelligence, creating a heaven and hell is the dumbest thing I can think of. Why would he want to do that? I'm probably missing something.
A couple things -

I agree, it would be a terrible idea, so many things could go wrong!

That it's possible... is what I thought made it interesting to talk about...

But the part about it not making sense to you - - no, the person is not dead in my hypothetical, their brain (consciousness) continues and only their physical body is dead. In other words, the "you," inside your brain moves from your brain into a computer, which is theoretically possible because our neuro-pathways are, in effect, electrical.

A couple things -

But the part about it not making sense to you - - no, the person is not dead in my hypothetical, their brain (consciousness) continues and only their physical body is dead. In other words, the "you," inside your brain moves from your brain into a computer, which is theoretically possible because our neuro-pathways are, in effect, electrical.
Okay, I get it. Thanks.

To me it's a terrible idea not because so many things could go wrong. It is a terrible idea because this mythical reward and punishment system of controlling people is so 14th century. We are going to charge into the future and go back to that?

A couple things -

Okay, I get it. Thanks.

To me it's a terrible idea not because so many things could go wrong. It is a terrible idea because this mythical reward and punishment system of controlling people is so 14th century. We are going to charge into the future and go back to that?
The point is that this one's not mythical, and so it's a method of controlling behavior the same as the mythical one was...except not mythical but actual.

OL, people still believe in the mythos of heaven and hell and live their entire lives believing in it and behaving accordingly. I doubt that a veritably real one would work any less in terms of control, it would work well-better as the faith aspect would go out the window.

Don't mistake me for supporting the idea.

once this technology becomes available, it's of utmost importance never to let it fall into certain hands. holy shit

Last edited:

A couple things -

Okay, I get it. Thanks.

The point is that this one's not mythical, and so it's a method of controlling behavior the same as the mythical one was...except not mythical but actual.

OL, people still believe in the mythos of heaven and hell and live their entire lives believing in it and behaving accordingly. I doubt that a veritably real one would work any less in terms of control, it would work well-better as the faith aspect would go out the window.

once this technology becomes available, it's of utmost importance never to let it fall into certain hands. holy shit
I'm slowly wrapping my head around this; early morning fog is slowly lifting.

"never let it fall into certain hands." That's the hitch with so much of our advanced technology, isn't it? The nuclear bomb is the first one I think of, but as soon as we figured out germs, we turned them into bio weapons. We figured out how to fly, and almost immediately figured out how to load a plane with bombs.
It would fall into the wrong hands for sure, G.T. Which is why I hope this foolish idea is never seriously entertained.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT

A couple things -

Okay, I get it. Thanks.

I'm slowly wrapping my head around this; early morning fog is slowly lifting.

"never let it fall into certain hands." That's the hitch with so much of our advanced technology, isn't it? The nuclear bomb is the first one I think of, but as soon as we figured out germs, we turned them into bio weapons. We figured out how to fly, and almost immediately figured out how to load a plane with bombs.
It would fall into the wrong hands for sure, G.T. Which is why I hope this foolish idea is never seriously entertained.
Well, they're already entertaining integrating your brain into computers - it's being worked on real time.

I've read a lot about simulation theory, which is basically that our reality is inside of a computer program already - but this OP made me contemplate a whole new level of fuckery.

Forum List

Back