United Methodism at a crossroads

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Looks like a possible split over the issue of homosexuality.

One group says that Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the Garden. The other group disagrees.

The late, great Dr. Jerry Falwell- IMHO the greatest theologian of our time- researched this topic in the scriptures for more than half a century.

I know that our homosexual friends really like to take it in the butt, but that doesn't mean that its scriptural.

United Methodist Church on edge of breakup over LGBT stand

One group says that Almighty God put Adam and Eve into the Garden. The other group disagrees.

The late, great Dr. Jerry Falwell- IMHO the greatest theologian of our time- researched this topic in the scriptures for more than half a century.

I know that our homosexual friends really like to take it in the butt, but that doesn't mean that its scriptural.

God made homosexuality, it can be found throughout nature.

White recalls when Falwell was accosted by gay protesters.

"Jerry grinned and said to me, 'Thank God for these gay demonstrators. If I didn't have them, I'd have to invent them. They give me all the publicity I need.'"

Years later, White became one of those gay protesters. Falwell's ghostwriter came out of the closet, and moved to Lynchburg. He attends Falwell's church, and stands in silent protest if Falwell attacks gays.

and
1972: The SEC files charges of "fraud and deceit" against Falwell's church for the issuance of $6.5 million in uninsured bonds. The organization wins its case in 1973, but Liberty University files for bankruptcy and reorganizes, losing millions in church investors’ money.
Religion, Politics a Potent Mix for Jerry Falwell

-------------------------------------------------

your hero would love Trump.

"Jerry grinned and said to me, 'Thank God for these gay demonstrators. If I didn't have them, I'd have to invent them. They give me all the publicity I need.'"

Years later, White became one of those gay protesters. Falwell's ghostwriter came out of the closet, and moved to Lynchburg. He attends Falwell's church, and stands in silent protest if Falwell attacks gays.

and
1972: The SEC files charges of "fraud and deceit" against Falwell's church for the issuance of $6.5 million in uninsured bonds. The organization wins its case in 1973, but Liberty University files for bankruptcy and reorganizes, losing millions in church investors’ money.

So you disagree with Rev. Falwell's assertion that Almighty God put Adam and Even into the Garden, not Adam and Steve?

I know that a lot of LGBTQQAAI+ theologians do disagree with him as well.

I think it would be great to schedule a big debate at Leipzig between say, conservative theologian John Hagee and an ultraliberal theologian like Jim Wallis. A modern version of the Luther-Eck debate of 1519, done 500 years after the first.

They could put it on pay per view.

Well if you follow that to it's logical conclusion, He created aids also....correct?

and

I'm a practicing Mormon, but i don't think there was a kinder man on the planet than Jerry Falwell.

The Methodist church has always been an inclusive church. I think embracing homosexual members is a good thing. If it is the mortal sin so many seem to think, God will sort them out.

Well if you follow that to it's logical conclusion, He created aids also....correct?
And cancer, and deformed babies, and retarded people...

God created man perfect and blameless, disease and death and everything else's is consequence of fall

The Methodist church has always been an inclusive church. I think embracing homosexual members is a good thing. If it is the mortal sin so many seem to think, God will sort them out.
If something is a sin and you welcome it into the congregation and sanction it you can no longer preach "be ye holy ....."

Umm...ummmmm....trying to blame God for our actions is waste if time. Just because something is doesn't mean it's should be in the church.

Umm...ummmmm....trying to blame God for our actions is waste if time. Just because something is doesn't mean it's should be in the church.
Jesus died on the cross for our sins, so that bill is already paid.

If something is a sin and you welcome it into the congregation and sanction it you can no longer preach "be ye holy ....."

Perhaps they could start with "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

Jesus died on the cross for our sins, so that bill is already paid.
Yeah .......
What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Romans:6:1

Are we excluding everyone who has premarital sex?

Are we excluding homosexuals who are not sexually actively?

Excluding from what....the church ..no....from leadership yes ......
Anyone practicing and advocating for a lifestyle in opposition to scripture should not be ordained ...pretty simple

Forum List

Back