Unions to levy 10 dollar fee against members to support Obama re-election bid

Teachers forgot they worked for the Taxpayers a very long time ago. Now they think it's the other way around. Unions should have never been allowed in Government. It really is in their best interests to screw Taxpayers. It's how this flawed System works. So it will go on & on unless Public Unions are abolished.

so workers in the Public sector get treated better than those in the private sectors i suppose.....no one gets fucked over....right?.......the bosses are just so wonderful.....you just cant wait to get to work every day .....

So unions have gone from work safety (as supposedly originally intended) to 'not wanting to go to work everyday'?????? WTF?

Hello public unions........YOU work for ME. YOU are paid by ME. I pay your wages, your taxes, your health insurance, your retirement, your car, your food, your cable, etc etc.......all the while eaking out a living for myself.

Your BOSS is ME. Not your filthy union leaders OR the filthy g'mint.

Get a fucking clue. Public unions are nothing but a slush fund for the progressive/commie party and many union members are slowly waking up to that embarrassing factoid.

Teachers Unions to hammer their members with another fee just for Obama. If this wasn't so stupid I almost dismissed it as a joke.
Didn't we just go through several months of the Unions screaming about "fair treatment"? Don't teachers cry about buying school supplies with their own money?
But now, "without consent or asking" the union will now "take" more money from teachers without a second thought in support of Obama.
If you ask me shouldn't Mr O stand up and say "i will not stand by why you are forced to contribute from your already small pay check for my benefit"

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/johnransom/2011/07/05/obamas_price_$10_tax_for_union_teachers-_you_pay

Have and display some dignity Mr O.

This has been going on for DECADES. Union dues go to DEMOCRATS--no matter how bad the candidate is. Union members do not have a choice of where they want their "forced" donation to go-it's going to go to a DEMOCRAT candidate regardless of whom the union member intends to vote for.

I got it from not having my head in the sand all these years. What do you think public outreach education means? What public communication have the unions had in the past that weren't political commercials? And its called an emergency fund because resurecting this administration is gonna require some talented plastic surgery to hide the grotesque scars that is his record.

Is that a leprechaun on your shoulder?

That's it? That's the best argument you can provide for the left? No wonder were in so much trouble.

your not worth the sweat on my nutz much less worth debating/arguing or even spitting upon. enjoy urself, no one else does.

Teachers Unions to hammer their members with another fee just for Obama. If this wasn't so stupid I almost dismissed it as a joke.
Didn't we just go through several months of the Unions screaming about "fair treatment"? Don't teachers cry about buying school supplies with their own money?
But now, "without consent or asking" the union will now "take" more money from teachers without a second thought in support of Obama.
If you ask me shouldn't Mr O stand up and say "i will not stand by why you are forced to contribute from your already small pay check for my benefit"

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/johnransom/2011/07/05/obamas_price_$10_tax_for_union_teachers-_you_pay

Have and display some dignity Mr O.

This has been going on for DECADES. Union dues go to DEMOCRATS--no matter how bad the candidate is. Union members do not have a choice of where they want their "forced" donation to go-it's going to go to a DEMOCRAT candidate regardless of whom the union member intends to vote for.

Unions backed Reagan and Bush I, so you analogy is wrong. They support whomever they feel will benefit them most. Everybody does it, but you feel justified in trying to vilify that which you do yourself.

yea, its not like "OUR" kids are in the hands of the unions that you claim we have no right to question

idiot

My wife is a union teacher and a damned good one who cares about the kids in her classroom if that's what your referring to.

Did I ever mention your wife? Is she one of the bad tenured teachers ripping off the system?

If you answer no, and you obviously will then your post is pointless to this debate. Having said that if she is one of the good teachers then she should certainly have a problem with this. What if the money was going to Bush?

You didn't have to mention her. You covered her when you issued your blanket condemnation of all teachers. Next time qualify your statement.

Teachers forgot they worked for the Taxpayers a very long time ago. Now they think it's the other way around. Unions should have never been allowed in Government. It really is in their best interests to screw Taxpayers. It's how this flawed System works. So it will go on & on unless Public Unions are abolished.

so workers in the Public sector get treated better than those in the private sectors i suppose.....no one gets fucked over....right?.......the bosses are just so wonderful.....you just cant wait to get to work every day .....

So unions have gone from work safety (as supposedly originally intended) to 'not wanting to go to work everyday'?????? WTF?

Hello public unions........YOU work for ME. YOU are paid by ME. I pay your wages, your taxes, your health insurance, your retirement, your car, your food, your cable, etc etc.......all the while eaking out a living for myself.

Get a fucking clue. Public unions are nothing but a slush fund for the progressive/commie party and many union members are slowly waking up to that embarrassing factoid.

If you owned a business and talked like this to your employees then you'd be a real dick.

Listen fuckwad, I know many, many people who work for municipalities (county and city government) and do not know ONE who lives as high on the hog as you make out.

And the sad thing is you probably don't know even one public employee yet feel qualified enough to make that kind of judgement.

i think you should get a clue asswipe....why dont you answer what i stated instead of putting up a bunch of shit that had nothing to do with what i said.......now do workers in the public sector get treated by their bosses any better than the bosses who run the private sector?......so much better that there are no safety violations,no harassment of any kind,no fucking of anyone over.....and YOU are not my boss....

Unions backed Reagan and Bush I, so you analogy is wrong. They support whomever they feel will benefit them most. Everybody does it, but you feel justified in trying to vilify that which you do yourself.

Unions backed Reagan?......he tried to bust them and succeed with the Air Traffic Controllers...:eusa_eh:

If you owned a business and talked like this to your employees then you'd be a real dick.

Listen fuckwad, I know many, many people who work for municipalities (county and city government) and do not know ONE who lives as high on the hog as you make out.

And the sad thing is you probably don't know even one public employee yet feel qualified enough to make that kind of judgement.

i agree on all 3 of your points.....

Are teachers taxpayers?

Taxpayers in states and communities beneifted from the stimulus - roads repaired, rebuilt and expanded, bridges repaired and built to somewhere and businesses given taxpayer money in the form of tax cuts.

Teachers are for the most part not paid by the Federal Government; your income tax paid to Uncle Sam goes to the Congress who you directly elect to proportion your money as your representative sees fit. For over a decade Congress has seen fit to prosecute war at an enormous cost of blood and treasure while ignoring the plight of the people at home.

Teachers have an important job, one which has become politicized by the far right who hope to circumvent the First Amendment by packing school boards with persons fixated on "respecting an establishment of religion", and others who hope to take taxpayers money to subsidize private schools.

If true, the only things sure in life are death and taxes, maybe instead of crying about taxes you ought to put your energy into making sure the taxes you pay go to real services and combating real enemies (poverty, disease, ignorance, crime, drug addiction, including alcohol and tobacco) and not making war on nouns (terror and drugs).

what does all this have to do with teachers and their Union and the 10.00 dollar fee to re-elect Obama?....

What part of opting out don't you understand? What part of public outreach don't you understand? Did you even read the article? No where in that article(other than supposition by they author) did it say anything about using that money to get Obama re-elected.

So... they can opt out of the $10 fee, it's not to get Obama re-elected... how wrong can one person be?

Really. I ask for something that is not in the linked piece (proof, not opinion), and you link to the piece again.

It says this...
“They also voted for a $10 annual dues increase that will be dedicated to funding NEA's Crisis Fund, a program designed to put money back into the states for pro-public education outreach.”
Hardly sounds like an Obama re-election slush fund. Anything else is the opinion of the writer of the linked article.

I dislike Obama policy and performance (or lack there of) as much as the next conservative. I, however, am not going to read something into a piece that simply is either nto there, or is the unsubstantiated opinion of the write and the poster.

This is a non-issue as far as I can see, unless someone can show me actual proof that this $10 is going into an Obama re-election fund of some sort.

Well you will have to ask the union to let you audit their books now wont you. Sometimes logic, common sense and history offer more insight than any link ever will. But since you feel its a non issue I guess ill see you in another thread.

Translation: I have no proof in the OP, or elsewhere, so I'll just dismiss your request as irrelevant to my hatred and move on.

So if all unions were gone, companies would still honour all the gains that those unions made.

You're kidding yourself.

Not at all familiar with labor laws are you? Today's environment is far different that what it was business today have far more to fear from being sued then they do from getting jack by unions

Robert your a real nice guy and all......but if the Company does not abide by those laws because nobody is standing over their shoulder to make sure they do.....then they dont do much good.....i work for the PO.....those guys break all kinds of agreements they make and will try and skirt around safety laws if they can.....i see this every day.....if it wasnt for the Unions raising hell about it they would get away with it....some places still need a Union.....the Federal Govt being one.....

You miss the point which is that today's laws protect the worker far more than they ever have. Unions today do little to protect workers rights there is no need if it isn't covered in State Laws then its covered in Federal law's both of which mean law suits which cost one hell of a lot more to a business than Unions do.

Its somewhat Ironic if you are in a union its costing you more then due's in most case's a non union person receives more benefits and compensation then a union worker. I'm sorry but Unions are a throw back for a time in our past they no longer serve a viable purpose other then to act as a political money machine.

Nobody can because it's not true.

Most people here (on both sides) never bother to fact check any story that stands in lock-step with their confirmation bias.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Quoting this because it's true.

Anyone who took 2 minutes to read the article would know that the $10 is NOT going to re-elect Obama. The union voted to support Obama, yes, which makes sense since many of the GOP candidates are waging a full on war against teachers. But the $10 is NOT for Obama's re-election. It's for the crisis fund which helps promote money getting to schools that need it. Why would anyone be against that? It's non-partisan.

This is just a trumped up controversy from people who hate working teachers.

Nothing to see here.

By using this subterfuge the $10 per will be $10 per that the Union doesn't have to spend on the crisis fund out of regular dues. Three guesses where the windfall $10 per will go!

You can guess all you like, it's a free country. However, I prefer my outrage at the left to be focused on issues I can prove, not supposition and guesses.

More examples from the New Right of their hypocrisy. Always willing to take other peoples money, but hysterical when they suffer a simple tax which benefits all.

Wry the teachers get paid by whom?do you understand that once you pay them for the service they rendered its no longer your money right?
the tax payer
Whose wealth is it that pay them?
the tax payerits not your money anymore
whose wealth is it that paid for the stimulus?
the tax payer
who benefited most from the stimulus?
the teacher
Who paid for the failed stimulus?
the tax payer teachers are tax payers

who is it exactly that is paying for this mandatory donation?
what does the right have to do with this? how can you even begin to pretend this is ok?

Who is being harmed the most by republicans cramming legistaltion and tax breaks for the corporations at the state level right now?

The people.

Americans want taxes raised and you care nothi ng about that.

1) Once a worker is paid he or she can spend her money and way they wish. Once they collect their pay it's none of your damned business what they do with it.

That is true, but that does not change the answer of where the money comes from to pay government employees: taxpayers

Correct. But it is money that is EARNED by doing work that the taxpayer expects to be done.

Oh what a tangled web we weave when we plot to deceive.

So if the government forms a death squad to knock off political rivals and pay them with tax money are they being paid to do the work the taxpayers expect?

Your argument is so disingenuous as to belie even the concept of honesty.

Jobs in the private sector don't have matching 401ks and health insurance? When did this happen?

Oh, wait. You probably meant that to be a non-factual statement. Good job.
Private sector jobs don't have DEFINED LIFETIME BENEFITS like public sector jobs. Know the difference.

Yes they do. Anywhere corporations have defined pension benefits they are required by law to fund it adequately.

Do you even KNOW what a DEFINED LIFETIME BENEFIT is? Do some research, Dumbass.

You're failing to muddy these waters.

So if the government forms a death squad to knock off political rivals and pay them with tax money are they being paid to do the work the taxpayers expect?

I love it... you open up you post talking about deception, then you go on some stupid rant equating teachers to death squads. Face it dude... you lost.

Just how ARE the unions taking advantage of them in order to support an agenda that ultimately hurts their members?

AGAIN, since you still haven't grasped a basic concept of employment law, once you pay their salaries, (SPELLED WITH 2 A's), you do NOT have a right to decide how those teachers choose to spend their salaries. That's up to them!
Since union dues are deducted before ever becoming the 'employee's money'. Therefore, your argument is moot.

HUH!!?? It is usually deducted directly from their wages dipwad.

You either have never worked in a union or don't understand the accounting procedure.

Your union dues are a set line item. Everyone pays the same. When your check is 'cut' from the company, it is automatically deducted from your Gross pay. It never sees your paycheck, the same way your taxes are deducted before they ever enter your account. If it weren't for the fact that they were required to show it by law, you'd never know what happened to that money. It's gone, and you are left with NET PAY.

Now if YOU were actually paying the dues, instead of being cut out as the middle man, that money would show up in your account and you would cut a check then for the union. THEN, it would be accurate to say, you PAY your dues. But you don't, so it is NOT accurate to say you pay union dues with 'your' money, because you never get it. It is taken directly from the company to the union with no stops inbetween, leaving you with only a papertrail of why you are not being given your 'gross pay'.

This is a semantic argument, apparently above your paygrade.

I love it... you open up you post talking about deception, then you go on some stupid rant equating teachers to death squads. Face it dude... you lost.
Obviously you don't get it, do you. It's called argumentum in extremis. By following the logic out to it's extreme end, it shows how the concept is invalid.

Just because the government has money doesn't mean what it does is by the will of the people. That's blowing merry sunshine up their own asses, not truth. So whether they are paying teachers, sewer workers, blue ribbon panels, paper shufflers, librarians, cops or death squads does not mean automatically, it is the will of the people and 'what they expect' of government.

More examples from the New Right of their hypocrisy. Always willing to take other peoples money, but hysterical when they suffer a simple tax which benefits all.

Wry the teachers get paid by whom?do you understand that once you pay them for the service they rendered its no longer your money right?
the tax payer
Whose wealth is it that pay them?
the tax payerits not your money anymore
whose wealth is it that paid for the stimulus?
the tax payer
who benefited most from the stimulus?
the teacher
Who paid for the failed stimulus?
the tax payer teachers are tax payers

who is it exactly that is paying for this mandatory donation?
what does the right have to do with this? how can you even begin to pretend this is ok?

Who is being harmed the most by republicans cramming legistaltion and tax breaks for the corporations at the state level right now?

The people.

Americans want taxes raised and you care nothi ng about that.

Actually, Americans want taxes cut, spending CUT even more, the budget BALANCED, and the government shrunk to the size it is legally intended by the Constitution. That is why the Dumbocrats were kicked out of government last November in the biggest lopsided election in US history. From congress all the way down to local county auditor's, the juvenile reckless spending liberals were thrown out of office. And it's clear by your comments that liberals STILL have not LEARNED a damn thing.

Forum List

Back