Unions to levy 10 dollar fee against members to support Obama re-election bid

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Teachers Unions to hammer their members with another fee just for Obama. If this wasn't so stupid I almost dismissed it as a joke.
Didn't we just go through several months of the Unions screaming about "fair treatment"? Don't teachers cry about buying school supplies with their own money?
But now, "without consent or asking" the union will now "take" more money from teachers without a second thought in support of Obama.
If you ask me shouldn't Mr O stand up and say "i will not stand by why you are forced to contribute from your already small pay check for my benefit"

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/johnransom/2011/07/05/obamas_price_$10_tax_for_union_teachers-_you_pay

Have and display some dignity Mr O.

Last edited:
Teachers Unions to hammer their members with another fee just for Obama. If this wasn't so stupid I almost dismissed it as a joke.
Didn't we just go through several months of the Unions screaming about "fair treatment"? Don't teachers cry about buying school supplies with their own money?
But now, "without consent or asking" the union will now "take" more money from teachers without a second thought in support of Obama.
If you ask me shouldn't Mr O stand up and say "i will not stand by why you are forced to contribute from your already small pay check for my benefit"

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/johnransom/2011/07/05/obamas_price_$10_tax_for_union_teachers-_you_pay

All of that money came from tax payers wealth also. Talk about a conflict of interest

:lol:
:lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol:

Teachers would donate one of their kidneys to the re-election campaign. After what happend to collective bargaining in Wisconsin teachers are running scared of any republican.

More examples from the New Right of their hypocrisy. Always willing to take other peoples money, but hysterical when they suffer a simple tax which benefits all.

from the linked piece...
“They also voted for a $10 annual dues increase that will be dedicated to funding NEA's Crisis Fund, a program designed to put money back into the states for pro-public education outreach.”

UNless you have another piece that states this 'crisis fund' is going to ads that promote Obama's re-election, it's supposition. You know... the stuff some conservatives accuse the liebrals of all the time?

More examples from the New Right of their hypocrisy. Always willing to take other peoples money, but hysterical when they suffer a simple tax which benefits all.

Wry the teachers get paid by whom?
the tax payer
Whose wealth is it that pay them?
the tax payer
whose wealth is it that paid for the stimulus?
the tax payer
who benefited most from the stimulus?
the teacher
Who paid for the failed stimulus?
the tax payer

who is it exactly that is paying for this mandatory donation?
what does the right have to do with this? how can you even begin to pretend this is ok?

So the teachers have no choice but to support obama.

nice

More tyranny from the left.

If you won't willingly support big 0, you will be forced to.

pfft

And this is what happened to the people that supposedly were the only authors of the Constitution.

This says it all.

Attachments

• $flowchart11.jpg
    $flowchart11.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 53
Amazing that this is an optional fee. Meaning please donate $10 for Obama reelection campaign. Yet the marxist teachers organization is stealing money to donate to a Presidential bid regardless of the fact many of its members might be against it!

Corporations ought NOT to have the right to insinuate themselves into politics.

Unions are corporations, too.

But the SCOTUS ruled that MONEY= FREE SPEECH, so there we are.

Yea, I agree. Granted corporations pay taxes but they don't always represent the mindset of all the employees.

Yea, I agree. Granted corporations pay taxes but they don't always represent the mindset of all the employees.

Neither do unions.

I find it impossible to think that there is not one conservative teacher in that union. Or a few that would refuse to support big 0.

Neither do unions.

I find it impossible to think that there is not one conservative teacher in that union. Or a few that would refuse to support big 0.

If theyy speak out to loud they run the risk of getting fired. I know two teachers who moved here so they would not have to support union slobs with there dues. They also make lots more money and get better benefits to.

Wry the teachers get paid by whom?
the tax payer
Whose wealth is it that pay them?
the tax payer
whose wealth is it that paid for the stimulus?
the tax payer
who benefited most from the stimulus?
the teacher
Who paid for the failed stimulus?
the tax payer

who is it exactly that is paying for this mandatory donation?
what does the right have to do with this? how can you even begin to pretend this is ok?

Are teachers taxpayers?

Taxpayers in states and communities beneifted from the stimulus - roads repaired, rebuilt and expanded, bridges repaired and built to somewhere and businesses given taxpayer money in the form of tax cuts.

Teachers are for the most part not paid by the Federal Government; your income tax paid to Uncle Sam goes to the Congress who you directly elect to proportion your money as your representative sees fit. For over a decade Congress has seen fit to prosecute war at an enormous cost of blood and treasure while ignoring the plight of the people at home.

Teachers have an important job, one which has become politicized by the far right who hope to circumvent the First Amendment by packing school boards with persons fixated on "respecting an establishment of religion", and others who hope to take taxpayers money to subsidize private schools.

If true, the only things sure in life are death and taxes, maybe instead of crying about taxes you ought to put your energy into making sure the taxes you pay go to real services and combating real enemies (poverty, disease, ignorance, crime, drug addiction, including alcohol and tobacco) and not making war on nouns (terror and drugs).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back