Unions to levy 10 dollar fee against members to support Obama re-election bid

More examples from the New Right of their hypocrisy. Always willing to take other peoples money, but hysterical when they suffer a simple tax which benefits all.

Wry the teachers get paid by whom?
the tax payer
Whose wealth is it that pay them?
the tax payer
whose wealth is it that paid for the stimulus?
the tax payer
who benefited most from the stimulus?
the teacher
Who paid for the failed stimulus?
the tax payer

who is it exactly that is paying for this mandatory donation?
what does the right have to do with this? how can you even begin to pretend this is ok?

Are teachers taxpayers?

Taxpayers in states and communities beneifted from the stimulus - roads repaired, rebuilt and expanded, bridges repaired and built to somewhere and businesses given taxpayer money in the form of tax cuts.

Teachers are for the most part not paid by the Federal Government; your income tax paid to Uncle Sam goes to the Congress who you directly elect to proportion your money as your representative sees fit. For over a decade Congress has seen fit to prosecute war at an enormous cost of blood and treasure while ignoring the plight of the people at home.

Teachers have an importatant job, one which has become politicized by the far right who hope to circumvent the First Amendment by packing school boards with persons fixated on "respecting an establishment of religion", and others who hope to take taxpayers money to subsidize private schools.

If true, the only things sure in life are death and taxes, maybe instead of crying about taxes you ought to put your energy into making sure the taxes you pay go to real services and combating real enemies (poverty, disease, ignorance, crime, drug addiction, including alcohol and tobacco) and not making war on nouns (terror and drugs).

All your road stuff is bull shit for starters. And taxes di indeed pay teachers wages through property tax and others. As for the roads, if that were going on Obamas news network would be all over that to show something for all the debt he got us into. As of now, nothing.

Yea, I agree. Granted corporations pay taxes but they don't always represent the mindset of all the employees.

Neither do unions.

I find it impossible to think that there is not one conservative teacher in that union. Or a few that would refuse to support big 0.

If theyy speak out to loud they run the risk of getting fired. I know two teachers who moved here so they would not have to support union slobs with there dues. They also make lots more money and get better benefits to.

Your last paragraph suggests a number of questions. The obvious one being your claim teachers in Texas make more money and getter better benefits.

See: Teacher Pay vs Median Incomes by State | Free By 50

Seems you and I have different sources; please post your source.

More examples from the New Right of their hypocrisy. Always willing to take other peoples money, but hysterical when they suffer a simple tax which benefits all.

the tax payer
the tax payer
the tax payer
the teacher
the tax payer

what does the right have to do with this? how can you even begin to pretend this is ok?

It's OK because this is money that the teachers have already EARNED, hence theirs to do with what they please. So it's really none of your damned business what they choose to do with it.

Teachers Unions to hammer their members with another fee just for Obama. If this wasn't so stupid I almost dismissed it as a joke.
Didn't we just go through several months of the Unions screaming about "fair treatment"? Don't teachers cry about buying school supplies with their own money?
But now, "without consent or asking" the union will now "take" more money from teachers without a second thought in support of Obama.
If you ask me shouldn't Mr O stand up and say "i will not stand by why you are forced to contribute from your already small pay check for my benefit"

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/johnransom/2011/07/05/obamas_price_$10_tax_for_union_teachers-_you_pay

Have and display some dignity Mr O.

So the teachers have no choice but to support obama.

nice

More tyranny from the left.

If you won't willingly support big 0, you will be forced to.

pfft

And this is what happened to the people that supposedly were the only authors of the Constitution.

Please explain how the teachers have no choice in the matter when FEDERAL LAW allows them to opt out. :confused:

Corporations ought NOT to have the right to insinuate themselves into politics.

Unions are corporations, too.

But the SCOTUS ruled that MONEY= FREE SPEECH, so there we are.

Yea, I agree. Granted corporations pay taxes but they don't always represent the mindset of all the employees.

I can actually understand the argument that corporations ought not to pay taxes, I really can.

OTOH, if a corporation has the RIGHT of a citizen?

It ought to ALSO have the obligations of a citizen.

This whole social science argument about giving a legal entitity the same rights as citizens has brought us to the state of affairs we find ourselves into today.

Personally I think that ONLY PEOPLE ought to pay taxes, but then, too oONLY people ought to be involved in political debates.

Chrsit folks we're so far from that that our society is a forking mess.

And MOSTLY I blame the SCOTUS for this mess, too.

The FF understood the threat of giving corporations carte blache to become people.

That;s why the FF's treated corporations as very limited legal entities with very carefully defined tasks beyond which they could NOT go.

Well all that is long gone and now we treat corporations with more respect and grant them more rights (in fact, not in theory) than we grant our citizens.

The way we deal with corporations is leading us to a nightmare society, folks.

REAL Lovers of real human freedom and dignity ought to sense that.

But few of them, apparently, really do.

Teachers would donate one of their kidneys to the re-election campaign. After what happend to collective bargaining in Wisconsin teachers are running scared of any republican.

While that may be true for some dont you think they should at least have "a choice" in it?

A quote from the story...

While the rest of us were celebrating the 4th of July with BBQs and parades and recitations of the Declaration of Independence, teachers’ union “delegates” from the far left were giving Obama the thumbs up. Not coincidentally they also voted to levy a $10 tax on union teachers nationally to help support “messaging” in front of his reelection bid.

The "teachers" have no say because the power players in the union voted this policy into effect.

the tax payer
the tax payer
the tax payer
the teacher
the tax payer

Are teachers taxpayers?

Taxpayers in states and communities beneifted from the stimulus - roads repaired, rebuilt and expanded, bridges repaired and built to somewhere and businesses given taxpayer money in the form of tax cuts.

Teachers are for the most part not paid by the Federal Government; your income tax paid to Uncle Sam goes to the Congress who you directly elect to proportion your money as your representative sees fit. For over a decade Congress has seen fit to prosecute war at an enormous cost of blood and treasure while ignoring the plight of the people at home.

Teachers have an importatant job, one which has become politicized by the far right who hope to circumvent the First Amendment by packing school boards with persons fixated on "respecting an establishment of religion", and others who hope to take taxpayers money to subsidize private schools.

If true, the only things sure in life are death and taxes, maybe instead of crying about taxes you ought to put your energy into making sure the taxes you pay go to real services and combating real enemies (poverty, disease, ignorance, crime, drug addiction, including alcohol and tobacco) and not making war on nouns (terror and drugs).

All your road stuff is bull shit for starters. And taxes di indeed pay teachers wages through property tax and others. As for the roads, if that were going on Obamas news network would be all over that to show something for all the debt he got us into. As of now, nothing.

Rather than lie why not take a moment to evaluate your opinions and biases. Start with the graph which suggests your claim that Texas pays the highest wages and benefits to it's teachers.

In my community there are signs everywhere highway and bridge repair, expansion, etc. are underway advertising the project is paid for in part by the Reinvestment and Recovery Act. The Bay Bridge job will last years and provide hundreds of jobs; roads in my county are under repair, being maintained to prevent greater costs in the future; highways are being widened to accomadate BART expansion, taking more cars off the road during commutes. In fact public transportaton improvements and expansion will benefit generations to come.

It that's not happening in Texas, maybe you ought to ask why. Oh, and isn't Texas burning, and aren't Texans crying they want my money to put out their fire? Hypocrisy, an essential tool for all members of the New Right.

Neither do unions.

I find it impossible to think that there is not one conservative teacher in that union. Or a few that would refuse to support big 0.

If theyy speak out to loud they run the risk of getting fired. I know two teachers who moved here so they would not have to support union slobs with there dues. They also make lots more money and get better benefits to.

Your last paragraph suggests a number of questions. The obvious one being your claim teachers in Texas make more money and getter better benefits.

You see, they work for a private school. They get paid for what they are worth. If they dont perform, They go back and beg the union for a job again. I would not put my kids in a substandard public school ever again.

Teachers Unions to hammer their members with another fee just for Obama. If this wasn't so stupid I almost dismissed it as a joke.
Didn't we just go through several months of the Unions screaming about "fair treatment"? Don't teachers cry about buying school supplies with their own money?
But now, "without consent or asking" the union will now "take" more money from teachers without a second thought in support of Obama.
If you ask me shouldn't Mr O stand up and say "i will not stand by why you are forced to contribute from your already small pay check for my benefit"

http://finance.townhall.com/columnists/johnransom/2011/07/05/obamas_price_$10_tax_for_union_teachers-_you_pay

I have said this before.

The unions don't give a shit about anyone. All they care about is dues....money. So that they can buy power.

Isnt it funny..being told flat out that you WILL help pay for a candidate that you may detest?

Last edited:
Zero Sympathy for people who are members of Unions they get what they deserve..... Unions are nothing more than legalized mugging and they are the victim unions help nobody other then those that run the unions.

You see, they work for a private school. They get paid for what they are worth. If they dont perform, They go back and beg the union for a job again. I would not put my kids in a substandard public school ever again.

Oh, a private school, how elitist of you. And I suppose you would like a vocher to pay for this private school, a vocher paid you with money by taxpayers.

Zero Sympathy for people who are members of Unions they get what they deserve..... Unions are nothing more than legalized mugging and they are the victim unions help nobody other then those that run the unions.

Maybe if you worked real hard, studied, read books and understood the history of labor you might not appear mentally challenged. Some are willfully ignorant Robert, you seem to suffer from a congenital disability.

Oh, a private school, how elitist of you. And I suppose you would like a vocher to pay for this private school, a vocher paid you with money by taxpayers.

Maybe. You can also get scholarships for this school as well. That's how I found out about it . There are also other ways to get a private education with out a hand out from the government or having to send your kids to be taught by substandard teachers. Your kids just need to be important enough to you for you to look. Its a myth that you have to be a millionaire to be able to get your kids a good education. And yes, I would be OK with vouchers that are only handed out to kids who are worth the money. Stupid children are a problem in this country due to crappy public education.

Last edited:

Maybe if you worked real hard, studied, read books and understood the history of labor you might not appear mentally challenged. Some are willfully ignorant Robert, you seem to suffer from a congenital disability.

The unions served a good purpose in our history. However that day has long since passed.

I have said this before.

The unions don't give a shit about anyone. All they care about is dues....money. So that they can buy power.

Isnt it funny..being told flat out that you WILL help pay for a candidate that you may detest?

You are so right, Syrenn. How is this even legal? What makes it alright for unions to take unauthorized monies from someone's paycheck - particularly when those monies would be going to fund re-election of a politician that some people would never have voted for in the first place? Unions, corporations, churches, the guy at the ice cream parlor, significant others, etc. have no right to inquire into the voting choices of anyone. We have secret ballots for a reason.

Its funny isn't it that Unions protect those who should not be protected they are the ones who without the Union would actually have to do the job for which they are paid but as we have all seen everyone else pays the price for them.

Could someone please point out to me the part of the OP that proves any money is going to re-elect Obama?

Anyone?

Nobody can because it's not true.

Most people here (on both sides) never bother to fact check any story that stands in lock-step with their confirmation bias.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Forum List

Back