Unions to levy 10 dollar fee against members to support Obama re-election bid

Zero Sympathy for people who are members of Unions they get what they deserve..... Unions are nothing more than legalized mugging and they are the victim unions help nobody other then those that run the unions.

Maybe if you worked real hard, studied, read books and understood the history of labor you might not appear mentally challenged. Some are willfully ignorant Robert, you seem to suffer from a congenital disability.

The unions served a good purpose in our history. However that day has long since passed.

There was a saying not long ago that the only places that had unions were the places that deserved Unions and those supporting the unions were not worth hiring.

Today's Business environment is unlike those days in the past.

Today Unions are nothing more than Political money making machines that server utterly no purpose for those who pay the Hostage fee's

Could someone please point out to me the part of the OP that proves any money is going to re-elect Obama?

Anyone?

Nobody can because it's not true.

Most people here (on both sides) never bother to fact check any story that stands in lock-step with their confirmation bias.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

Quoting this because it's true.

Anyone who took 2 minutes to read the article would know that the $10 is NOT going to re-elect Obama. The union voted to support Obama, yes, which makes sense since many of the GOP candidates are waging a full on war against teachers. But the $10 is NOT for Obama's re-election. It's for the crisis fund which helps promote money getting to schools that need it. Why would anyone be against that? It's non-partisan.

This is just a trumped up controversy from people who hate working teachers.

Nothing to see here.

Maybe if you worked real hard, studied, read books and understood the history of labor you might not appear mentally challenged. Some are willfully ignorant Robert, you seem to suffer from a congenital disability.

The unions served a good purpose in our history. However that day has long since passed.

There was a saying not long ago that the only places that had unions were the places that deserved Unions and those supporting the unions were not worth hiring.

Today Unions are nothing more than Political money making machines that server utterly no purpose for those who pay the Hostage fee's

So if all unions were gone, companies would still honour all the gains that those unions made.

You're kidding yourself.

More examples from the New Right of their hypocrisy. Always willing to take other peoples money, but hysterical when they suffer a simple tax which benefits all.

Wry the teachers get paid by whom?
the tax payer
Whose wealth is it that pay them?
the tax payer
whose wealth is it that paid for the stimulus?
the tax payer
who benefited most from the stimulus?
the teacher
Who paid for the failed stimulus?
the tax payer

who is it exactly that is paying for this mandatory donation?
what does the right have to do with this? how can you even begin to pretend this is ok?

Are teachers taxpayers?

Taxpayers in states and communities beneifted from the stimulus - roads repaired, rebuilt and expanded, bridges repaired and built to somewhere and businesses given taxpayer money in the form of tax cuts.

Teachers are for the most part not paid by the Federal Government; your income tax paid to Uncle Sam goes to the Congress who you directly elect to proportion your money as your representative sees fit. For over a decade Congress has seen fit to prosecute war at an enormous cost of blood and treasure while ignoring the plight of the people at home.

Teachers have an important job, one which has become politicized by the far right who hope to circumvent the First Amendment by packing school boards with persons fixated on "respecting an establishment of religion", and others who hope to take taxpayers money to subsidize private schools.

If true, the only things sure in life are death and taxes, maybe instead of crying about taxes you ought to put your energy into making sure the taxes you pay go to real services and combating real enemies (poverty, disease, ignorance, crime, drug addiction, including alcohol and tobacco) and not making war on nouns (terror and drugs).

Crying?
and as far as the real enimies go waht the hell does a donation from the teachers union to Obama have to do witgh that?
I pay 30% of my check into taxes by the way
and as far as the federal govt paying for teachers

Citing about $105 billion that is coming to the U.S. Department of Education from the federal stimulus package, Biden said teachers will finally have the means to improve education.
“You’ve got a president and vice president absolutely committed to having all the tools you need to finally get it right in American public education.”
To Biden, more dollars for the unions somehow equates to education reform. But we’ve learned over the decades that increased spending on education does not equate to increased performance in the classroom. If spending guaranteed a great public education, U.S. students would be leading the world in academic achievement. News flash – they are not even close.
crying?
This is a joke and you defend it?

what roads?
I got a news flash for you
the shovel ready stimulus was a slush fund
» Stimulus Pays Off With Obama Teachers Union Endorsement - Big Government
thats called a link
you got one that shows the infrastructure got 105 billion?

Last edited:

So if all unions were gone, companies would still honour all the gains that those unions made.

You're kidding yourself.

Not at all familiar with labor laws are you? Today's environment is far different that what it was business today have far more to fear from being sued then they do from getting jack by unions

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and it's often full of shit.

The OP is factually incorrect. Stick that in your partisan-pipes and smoke it douchewagons. :thup:

Could someone please point out to me the part of the OP that proves any money is going to re-elect Obama?

Anyone?

Most people here (on both sides) never bother to fact check any story that stands in lock-step with their confirmation bias.

Anyone who took 2 minutes to read the article would know that the $10 is NOT going to re-elect Obama. The union voted to support Obama, yes, which makes sense since many of the GOP candidates are waging a full on war against teachers. But the $10 is NOT for Obama's re-election. It's for the crisis fund which helps promote money getting to schools that need it. Why would anyone be against that? It's non-partisan.

Nothing to see here.

“The Representative Assembly recommended that NEA members vote to re-elect President Barack Obama in the 2012 election” wrote Will Potter of the National Education Association. “They also voted for a $10 annual dues increase that will be dedicated to funding NEA's Crisis Fund, a program designed to put money back into the states for pro-public education outreach.”

What do you think "pro-public outreach" is? Commercials perhaps? And when was the last time you saw a union commercial that wasnt political in nature? yep, never.

Nothing to see here.

“The Representative Assembly recommended that NEA members vote to re-elect President Barack Obama in the 2012 election” wrote Will Potter of the National Education Association. “They also voted for a $10 annual dues increase that will be dedicated to funding NEA's Crisis Fund, a program designed to put money back into the states for pro-public education outreach.”

What do you think "pro-public outreach" is? Commercials perhaps? And when was the last time you saw a union commercial that wasnt political in nature? yep, never.

I'm pretty sure it's not the same thing as pro-public education outreach.

You really shouldn't pile on to your own fail like this, it's likely to undermine your credibility... oh wait, not possible. Nevermind. :thup:

Zero Sympathy for people who are members of Unions they get what they deserve..... Unions are nothing more than legalized mugging and they are the victim unions help nobody other then those that run the unions.

I might have agreed with you a few years back, today unions are as important and necessary as in the 1930's.

You see, as a manager I was charged with meeting and confering with business agents, and while many were practical and easy to work with some were not. In that sense they were much like our employees, 95% did their jobs and didn't complain too much; 5% created 95% of the problems. Those percentages are probably low.

Today labor is not respected, hard work is not rewarded. The New Right enjoys wealth created by the labor of others while they invest in stocks and bonds, made up fiscal instruments, Ponzi schemes, insider trading conducted on golf courses and the decks of yachts or at posh resorts hidden from public view. They bribe officals elected to local, state and federal offices and legally buy electons with the gift of Citizens United v. FEC, provided by Roberts, Alito, Saclia, Thomas and Kennedy.

Nothing to see here.

You really shouldn't pile on to your own fail like this, it's likely to undermine your credibility... oh wait, not possible. Nevermind. :thup:

Nice word play i guess but the fact remains that it will be used to politicize their agenda. Your either very naive or you simply dont care.

More examples from the New Right of their hypocrisy. Always willing to take other peoples money, but hysterical when they suffer a simple tax which benefits all.

^^ Useful Idiot post of the day!
Frank... It's Fly Watcher.

13565d1307112591-climate-change-rhetoric-snarkylenin.jpg

And the Kaukauna School Board, by implementing the new Law saved 2 million going from a 400k deficit to a 1.6m surplus.

Yeah, real crisis. Plus they are now looking at hiring more teacher to drop class sizes. Seriously though, I'd be demanding a refund of that money to me from my dues if they use my money to support candidates (through materiel and informational means or campaign support) that I don't support.

Nice word play i guess but the fact remains that it will be used to politicize their agenda. Your either very naive or you simply dont care.

I think he's doing a very good job of pointing out that you are not even attempting to prove your side on this. And that the article doesn't support your side of this either.

Personally, If some private sector guy wants to join a union, and be forced to support political candidates, then that is really none of my concern.

And the Kaukauna School Board, by implementing the new Law saved 2 million going from a 400k deficit to a 1.6m surplus.

The Kaukauna School Board approved changes Monday night to its employee handbook that require staff to cover 12.6 percent of their health insurance and to contribute 5.8 percent of their wages to the state's pension system, in accordance with the new collective bargaining law, commonly known as Act 10.

The new rules also cut sick days from 10 to five, eliminate teacher pay for emergency school closings, such as snow days, and give district leaders the option of furloughing staff members.

Kaukauna schools project $1.5M surplus after bargaining changes | Appleton Post Crescent | postcrescent.com

They cut teachers' pay. This isn't rocket science. If you cut people's pay you get to pay them less and save money. This is Business 101. Doesn't mean it's good for the economy though. How is less consumer spending going to help that community? Answer: it won't.

I might have agreed with you a few years back, today unions are as important and necessary as in the 1930's.

You see, as a manager I was charged with meeting and confering with business agents, and while many were practical and easy to work with some were not. In that sense they were much like our employees, 95% did their jobs and didn't complain too much; 5% created 95% of the problems. Those percentages are probably low.

Today labor is not respected, hard work is not rewarded. The New Right enjoys wealth created by the labor of others while they invest in stocks and bonds, made up fiscal instruments, Ponzi schemes, insider trading conducted on golf courses and the decks of yachts or at posh resorts hidden from public view. They bribe officals elected to local, state and federal offices and legally buy electons with the gift of Citizens United v. FEC, provided by Roberts, Alito, Saclia, Thomas and Kennedy.

I have worked in the labor field my entire life. Ive run my business for 22 years and have been picketed by the union twice on two commercial jobs. One was a renovation of a very large retailer (the tile shop). The other was a new build of a Pier1. I run a non union crew and pay my people what i can afford to pay. Point is they tried to intimidate my employees for nothing more than doing their jobs. I subsequently lost all future contracts with The Tile Shop because they caved to the negative image that the unions portrayed. All future store renovations were then completed by people who werent even from our area. They took work out of my mouth and money out of my employees pockets during a slow winter when we really could have used the work. Not to mention the tax revenue that would have been locally raised promptly left the state. And dont let me forget to tell you that alot of the people that replaced me couldnt even speak english.

You're welcome to draw your own speculative conclusions. You're not allowed to make up your own facts.

You're welcome to draw your own speculative conclusions. You're not allowed to make up your own facts.

You are quite right. I will have to wait till after the election to say "i told you so" just like every other election

I have worked in the labor field my entire life. Ive run my business for 22 years and have been picketed by the union twice on two commercial jobs. One was a renovation of a very large retailer (the tile shop). The other was a new build of a Pier1. I run a non union crew and pay my people what i can afford to pay. Point is they tried to intimidate my employees for nothing more than doing their jobs. I subsequently lost all future contracts with The Tile Shop because they caved to the negative image that the unions portrayed. All future store renovations were then completed by people who werent even from our area. They took work out of my mouth and money out of my employees pockets during a slow winter when we really could have used the work. Not to mention the tax revenue that would have been locally raised promptly left the state. And dont let me forget to tell you that alot of the people that replaced me couldnt even speak english.

Thanks for pointing out the yang, there are always two sides to every story.

Forum List

Back