Union Boss salaries- They have a lot in common with the people they represent

I keep on seeing posters using "union thugs", now of that isn't painting a picture with a broad brush, then nothing is.
Most people who belong to unions go to work, perform their job, go home to their families, go to church and live full productive lives just like non-union workers
"Union thugs"? Hardly.

You are right but you left out one thing.
They ALL turn a blind eye when the few in their ranks use physical force on "scabs", hard working folks that want a job, never complain when their dues go to Democratic candidates ONLY and always support any union worker in any grievance no matter how terrible it is.
A union worker can attack and maim another union worker on the job and what does the union do? Support fully 100% the one that is the attacker even after they have been convicted.
Please show me where any of this union THUGGERY happens in non union companies.

I have one word for you "banks". Did not their employees turn a blind eye to all the fraud and predatory lending practices that occurred prior to and just after the financial metldown in the housing market. I don't think I saw a mass exodus of any banks employees while their banks were getting taken to court or after the banks lost out in court. Does that make all bank employees gulty by association? No!

Last edited:
I keep on seeing posters using "union thugs", now of that isn't painting a picture with a broad brush, then nothing is.
Most people who belong to unions go to work, perform their job, go home to their families, go to church and live full productive lives just like non-union workers
"Union thugs"? Hardly.

They ALL turn a blind eye when the few in their ranks use physical force on "scabs", hard working folks that want a job, never complain when their dues go to Democratic candidates ONLY and always support any union worker in any grievance no matter how terrible it is.
A union worker can attack and maim another union worker on the job and what does the union do? Support fully 100% the one that is the attacker even after they have been convicted.

I have one word for you "banks". Did not their employees turn a blind eye to all the fraud and predatory lending practices that occurred prior to and just after the financial metldown in the housing market. I don't think I saw a mass exodus of any banks employees while their banks were getting taken to court or after the banks lost out in court. Does that make all bank employees gulty by association? No!

"Mommy, Joey poked Petey eye out so it must be okay for me to do it also"
"Why must I be punished if Joey did it too?"
Grow up kiwi.

Grow up kiwi.

Grow up?
I'm simply pointing out that labeling an entire group for the actions of a few isn't grown up at all. Do you have a problem with adult thinking and reasoning?

Grow up kiwi.

Grow up?
I'm simply pointing out that labeling an entire group for the actions of a few isn't grown up at all. Do you have a problem with adult thinking and reasoning?

When a union strikes THE ENTIRE GROUP SUPPORTS THE STRIKE.
Not even close to bank employees where most of them had nothing to do with lending anything to anyone.

Grow up kiwi.

Grow up?

Not even close to bank employees where most of them had nothing to do with lending anything to anyone.

There is a gray area here though. Without giving an inch in my condemnation of those unions and union supporters that I see as corrupt, bullies, self serving, and engaged in destructive unAmerican activities, Kiwi is also correct that most people belong to unions are neither supportive of or participants in that kind of behavior.

There are some industries you simply cannot work in without belonging to a union. And I don't fault those who join a union in order to get a good paying job. (Whether they should HAVE to join that union to get that good paying job is a different debate, though I think it is one we should have.)

So then there comes the ethical dilemma. Does the bank employee who becomes aware of unethical or illegal practices by his employers be a whistle blower and thereby risk a job that supports his family and risk being branded forever in the industry as a whistle blower? Or does he rationalize that 'everybody does it' or it is just part and parcel of the system and let it slide? Does the union worker quit who is ordered onto the picket line even though he knows the strike is destructive and counter productive and that unethical and destruction practices are being implemented? Does he risk extreme retaliation should he become a whistle blower?

It is so tough to do the RIGHT thing when it is your job, your livelihood, your responsibilities to your family on the line and most especailly when you suspect doing the RIGHT thing will bring grief to nobody but yourself.

Last edited:
"Union thugs"? Hardly.

There was no predatory lending and not much fraud.
Stop listening to that ugly dyke on TV.

Grow up kiwi.

Grow up?

When unions are negoiating with companies, exactly how many strikes have occured? Not many.
And I said in a previous post that all bank employees shouldn't be labled by the actions of a few.

Grow up?

When unions are negoiating with companies, exactly how many strikes have occured? Not many.
And I said in a previous post that all bank employees shouldn't be labled by the actions of a few.

And why is that? If a strike is avoided because a contract that is beneficial to all is negotiated, that is one thing. But when executives acquiesce to unreasonable demands of the unions to avoid a strike, you set forces in motion that eventually are destructive to everybody.

As government becomes ever larger, far reaching, and authoritarian, we have more and more Americans willing to look the other way in return for free stuff, a safety blanket guaranteeing them protection from cradle to grave, and who are being blinded to the consequences of a me-me-me mentality now. So executives and governments have put honor and ethics on the back burner as they give unions what they want--higher wages than should be paid, lifetime benefits and security that can never be sustained. And they do it because they figure they personally will be long gone before anything seriously hits the fan.

We now have some executives and government leaders who are trying to correct that and keep everything from rushing over the cliff. The unions are fighting them tooth and nail because the union bosses also expect to be long gone before that happens and the rank and file are persuaded to look the other way and pretend everything is okay.

Yeah. If he had been the President this never would have happened.

If Clinton had done what this guy had done, the GOP might have actually had a case.

But that's the point, isn't it? You guys were ready to lynch Clinton for what fat rich Republicans do every day.
Banging a subordinate? Gets you fired every time. Except if you're Bill Clinton and protected by a fawning press and the so-called feminist movement.

And the fact that the people who elected him didn't consider it a big enough deal TO impeach him over.

Now, sad commentary. Most people did really good in the 1990's. Man, I pay someone to give Clinton a beej if we could get that kind of economy back!

Oh, Newt didn't get fired for banging Callista, either. Just saying. (And I like Newt.)

"fair share" is determined by the owners of the company.
Under capitalism that is.

Sounds like a good reason to get rid of capitalism and replace it with democracy, then.

Um, capitalism is an economic system, democracy is a political system. You can not replace capitalism with democracy since they are two different things entirely.

quite the contrary, Democracy can be an economic system.

Such as- instead of having the factory run by a few greedy assholes trying to make the stockholders happy, it's run by the employees, and they vote on the best courses of action.

Incidently, not a big stretch, in Japan and Germany the Unions have a say in who the CEO is.

Unfortunately, what we've done with our economy has let the Foxes run the Henhouse, and not surprisingly, we don't have any hens left.

Idiot....the CEO of a billion dollar company earns their salary, whereas some union goon that takes union dues from the workers doesn't earn the million dollar salary.:cuckoo:

Union Boss salaries- They have a lot in common with the people they represent

:eusa_whistle:

yes the 1%

Michael J. Sullivan, general president of the Sheet Metal Workers’ International Association
Salary: $1,043,023

Robert A. Scardelletti, international president of the Transportation Communications Union
Salary: $748,531

Newton B. Jones, president of the International Brotherhood of Boilermakers
Salary: $607,022

Terence M. O’Sullivan, general president of the Laborers’ International Union of North America
Salary: $589,124

John T. Niccollai, president of the United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 464A
Salary: $532,752

Gerald McEntee, international president of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees
Salary: $512,369

Compared to CEO salaries, you mean?

The Pay at the Top - The New York Times

Viacom Philippe P. Dauman $84,000,000

Occidental Petroleum Ray R. Irani $76,000,000

Oracle Lawrence J. Ellison $70.1 million.

Sounds like a good reason to get rid of capitalism and replace it with democracy, then.

Um, capitalism is an economic system, democracy is a political system. You can not replace capitalism with democracy since they are two different things entirely.

Such as- instead of having the factory run by a few greedy assholes trying to make the stockholders happy, it's run by the employees, and they vote on the best courses of action.

Incidently, not a big stretch, in Japan and Germany the Unions have a say in who the CEO is.

Unfortunately, what we've done with our economy has let the Foxes run the Henhouse, and not surprisingly, we don't have any hens left.

Democracy is just like unions.
Mob rule.
Good point Joe.

There are a number of charities that I refuse to support, including the United Way, because of the obscene salaries being paid to the executives of those organizations. I cannot equate charity as getting rich off the backs of those who need the money and services far more.

Charity Navigator - America's Largest Charity Evaluator | Home
You can use this site to find charities that put most of their money to actual charity instead of profits etc

If a union negotiates wages and benefits today for a 5 year contract and the company agrees to it how does the union boss earn one cent of his million dollar salary next year and the 4 years after that?
His work is done for 5 years. He sits on his ass.

Mob rule.
Good point Joe.

I'd trust my co-workers before I'd trust the lying greedy stockolders any day of the week.

If a union negotiates wages and benefits today for a 5 year contract and the company agrees to it how does the union boss earn one cent of his million dollar salary next year and the 4 years after that?
His work is done for 5 years. He sits on his ass.

Besides the fact that you only listed ONE union boss who made a salary in the seven figure range, it's not like he's negotiating that one contract.

The one guy who made a million was the Sheet Metal Workers guy. (Incidently, a union my father and brother belonged to.) That hundreds of union contracts with thousands of shops across the country.

And even after a contract is agreed to, you still have to watch it ever minute to make sure they are holding up their end of the bargain...

Now, contrariwise, when that Best Buy guy I mentioned who got fired for dipping his pen in the secretarial pool and got a 7 million dollar severance package. What's he doing for that 7 million.

Mob rule.
Good point Joe.

I'd trust my co-workers before I'd trust the lying greedy stockolders any day of the week.

You trust your co-workers? LOL!

Mob rule.
Good point Joe.

You trust your co-workers? LOL!

Uh, yeah. Don't you?

Or do they all keep away from you and have a pool running of when you are going to go Postal on them as they watch you type here all day about those lazy working people.

070309.gif

"Union thugs"? Hardly.

Did anyone claim that all members of unions are thugs?

There are union members and then there are union thugs. I'd say the number of thugs within unions probably runs along the same percentage of thugs in the rest of society. There are not a lot of them, but they do exist and they are dangerous not only to individuals who cross their paths but to society at large.

Immie

"Union thugs"? Hardly.

Unions have been violently thuggish in forcing workers to join Unions for many years. You want to play dumb on that, it's cool with me. But i know you're full of shite. If Unions are so wonderful, why do they have to force people to join? Think about that for a bit.

And does that make those who were forced to join unions,,"union thugs"? Thanks for making my point!
Now go back and read all the posts that paint all union members as "union thugs"! These posters don't differentiate between those lines.

There are not any posts that do that.

Simply pointing out that there are thugs in the unions, does not mean that all union members are thugs.

Immie

Forum List

Back