Uninsured rate keeps climbing under Republicans

No, it's an insane 'arrangement'. Would you tackle other social problems this way? To cure hunger, should we mandate that grocery stores give away food? And then mandate that people shop at the grocery stores even though the prices will be much higher to cover the freebies to the poor? Of course we'd have to get tough on the scofflaws who keep their own gardens. But that will give the FDA something to do.

Nonsense - food is a stable expense and won’t bankrupt you suddenly, that is not like healthcare at all.

So tell us, did Gallop have Trump winning? I think we all know the answer to that one. His point is valid.

....national polls do no measure Electoral College outcome, only popular vote, which Clinton won exactly like national polling predicted.

Clinton won the popular vote due to a few major cities. Not a reflection of the Nation and therefor is completely useless.

...dummy, that's the same reason she won national polls. Those polls were correct, they just were not measuring Electoral College outcome.

I just explained it to you. Did you not read it or can you not read? If you won't listen to me fine, you can keep living in your made up world and I can continue to watch reality bitch slap you. I guarantee you that I will have more fun.

New Yorkers are not a reflection of America - gotcha. Get lost.

They aren't. The fact that you can't understand that simple concept means you aren't smart enough for me to bother arguing with.

Having initially dropped BIGLY under Obamacare uninsured rates have now been climbing back up ever since Trump won election and began messing with our healthcare:

59e8f709140000610d8c8b8e.png

The Uninsured Rate Is Going Up Again | HuffPost

U.S. Uninsured Rate Rises to 12.3% in Third Quarter

Or as Trumpsters would say:

9fbf1224f8d75cffef63a1919aabebee--charlie-sheen-winning-ferris-bueller.jpg

Oh my Allah, you mean that if people are not forced to buy the product of well connected looters under penalty of law, the crooks who you serve lose business?

YES! I do mean that.

People who are healthy don't want to pay for insurance, UNTIL THEY ARE NOT HEALTHY.

The only way to be able to guarantee everyone access to coverage in free market based system is to mandate that they get covered healthy or not.

This is where you go wrong every single time. Government is not tasked with guaranteeing everyone anything. Good little dictators will always sacrifice liberty for their own selfish desires.

You are crazy. Government is tasked WITH MANY THINGS it is to provide it's citizens.

I'm not an ideologue - if there is a way to setup a pure free market to handle a problem I'm all for it, but some things it's just not that good at as bottom line doesn't always line up with acceptable outcomes for us the people.
Don't be ridiculous.

At the Federal level, the government is tasked with keeping this country safe from aggressive countries in the world, provide and maintain our borders as part of that responsibility, and keep the squabbling between the states to a minimum. There are certain responsibilities for keeping and maintaining our national parks and waterways for the continued operation of the economy. However, at the federal level, there is zero responsibility for the federal government to provide things, (particularly guarantees) to individuals.

Nonsense - food is a stable expense and won’t bankrupt you suddenly, that is not like healthcare at all.

....national polls do no measure Electoral College outcome, only popular vote, which Clinton won exactly like national polling predicted.

Clinton won the popular vote due to a few major cities. Not a reflection of the Nation and therefor is completely useless.

...dummy, that's the same reason she won national polls. Those polls were correct, they just were not measuring Electoral College outcome.

I just explained it to you. Did you not read it or can you not read? If you won't listen to me fine, you can keep living in your made up world and I can continue to watch reality bitch slap you. I guarantee you that I will have more fun.

They aren't.

Yep, it's probably just a city out in Canada, not America.

789279796968d9cece4c6afe13baa3d3--meme-facepalm-image.jpg

Having initially dropped BIGLY under Obamacare uninsured rates have now been climbing back up ever since Trump won election and began messing with our healthcare:

Oh my Allah, you mean that if people are not forced to buy the product of well connected looters under penalty of law, the crooks who you serve lose business?

YES! I do mean that.

People who are healthy don't want to pay for insurance, UNTIL THEY ARE NOT HEALTHY.

The only way to be able to guarantee everyone access to coverage in free market based system is to mandate that they get covered healthy or not.

This is where you go wrong every single time. Government is not tasked with guaranteeing everyone anything. Good little dictators will always sacrifice liberty for their own selfish desires.

You are crazy. Government is tasked WITH MANY THINGS it is to provide it's citizens.

I'm not an ideologue - if there is a way to setup a pure free market to handle a problem I'm all for it, but some things it's just not that good at as bottom line doesn't always line up with acceptable outcomes for us the people.
Don't be ridiculous.

At the Federal level, the government is tasked with keeping this country safe from aggressive countries in the world, provide and maintain our borders as part of that responsibility, and keep the squabbling between the states to a minimum. There are certain responsibilities for keeping and maintaining our national parks and waterways for the continued operation of the economy. However, at the federal level, there is zero responsibility for the federal government to provide things, (particularly guarantees) to individuals.

Silly, Federal government is tasked BY THE PEOPLE, through a political process. There is no divine prescription for what Feds do or do not do.

Now YOU may have some idea what government ought to do, but YOU, by yourself, do not get to make that call.

Americans over many many years and many many elections have decided that Feds ought to do ALOT MORE than is to your liking - tough shit.

YES! I do mean that.

Don't be ridiculous.

Silly, Federal government is tasked BY THE PEOPLE, through a political process. There is no divine prescription for what Feds do or do not do.
What the fuck?

The Constitution of the United States: A Transcription

The United States Constitution prescribes exactly what limits and responsibilities the Government has. Perhaps you should read it.

This is where people like you go wrong. You think that social issues should all be decided at the Federal level when in fact no social issues should be decided at the federal level. Social issues are wholly contained as States Rights.

They aren't.

New York City is 8 million in a country of 320+ million. New York City is not indicative of the nation as a whole.

Last edited:

They aren't.

New York City is 8 million in a country of 320+ million. New Yo\rk City is not indicative of the nation as a whole.

It's indicative of...ready? paying attention? Opinion of 8 million out of 320+ million (minus all the minors)

YES! I do mean that.

Don't be ridiculous.

What the fuck?

The United States Constitution prescribes exactly what limits and responsibilities the Government has. Perhaps you should read it.

This is where people like you go wrong. You think that social issues should all be decided at the Federal level when in fact no social issues should be decided at the federal level. Social issues are wholly contained as States Rights.

Did you ever read Article V?

Article Five of the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

Constitution is too a subject to the people's will through a political process.

They aren't.

New York City is 8 million in a country of 320+ million. New Yo\rk City is not indicative of the nation as a whole.

It's indicative of...ready? paying attention? Opinion of 8 million out of 320+ million (minus all the minors)
So, a very tiny part of America that holds fewer of the same values as the rest of us. In other words, the people of NYC, and their values, should NOT be forced on the rest of us.

They aren't.

So, a very tiny part of America that holds fewer of the same values as the rest of us. In other words, the people of NYC, and their values, should NOT be forced on the rest of us.

Do you have ANY FUCKING CLUE what is being discussed?

Polling data. We are discussing polling results and they appropriately sample New Yorkers just like any other adults in this country in national opinion polls.

Don't be ridiculous.

What the fuck?

Did you ever read Article V?

Article Five of the United States Constitution - Wikipedia

Constitution is too a subject to the people's will through a political process.
Of course. Knock yourself out.

They aren't.

As I said, you aren't smart enough to argue with. Dismissed.

They aren't.

Polling data. We are discussing polling results you fucking moron.
yes, you said that NYC is a reflection of the country. I contend it is not simply because NYC does not hold or reflect the values found in the rest of America, and that is true.

We elect a President by Electoral College just for this reason. That a huge cesspool of a city or two cannot force their morals upon the rest of us by dint of simply having a huge population.

Now, have a nice day.

/thread

Polling data. We are discussing polling results you fucking moron.
yes, you sai that NYC is a reflection of the country.

NOOO, that's not what I said, stop spinning.

I was replying to dumbass proposition that opinions of people in big cities should count less than opinions of Americans elsewhere

They aren't.

Don't waste your time. He's an idiot.

They aren't.

Don't waste your time. He's an idiot.
So I'm discovering.

YES! I do mean that.

Don't be ridiculous.

Now YOU may have some idea what government ought to do, but YOU, by yourself, do not get to make that call.

Americans over many many years and many many elections have decided that Feds ought to do ALOT MORE than is to your liking - tough shit.

The "people" have very little influence over the federal government. This is why our country was designed on a bottom up model, where the individual is recognized as sovereign. The Sovereign citizen cedes a small portion of their authority to municipalities in exchange for services such as roads, police, fire protection, etc. The municipalities cede a small portion of their authority to the state to provide courts, highways, water ways, etc. The many states in turn cede a very small portion of their authority to the federal government to provide national defense and a system of courts to adjudicate interstate disputes, particularly those involving trade among the states,.

This is what our Constitution established. But from the very start there were those who yearned for the Monarchy, where all things were owned by the crown, where the means of production, including the people were the property of the state. This is the left today. The left demands a top down government where rulers in Washington are the owners of all things and dole out to barons and fifedoms as pleases them.

YES! I do mean that.

Don't be ridiculous.

The "people" have very little influence over the federal government. This is why our country was designed on a bottom up model, where the individual is recognized as sovereign. The Sovereign citizen cedes a small portion of their authority to municipalities in exchange for services such as roads, police, fire protection, etc. The municipalities cede a small portion of their authority to the state to provide courts, highways, water ways, etc. The many states in turn cede a very small portion of their authority to the federal government to provide national defense and a system of courts to adjudicate interstate disputes, particularly those involving trade among the states,.

This is what our Constitution established. But from the very start there were those who yearned for the Monarchy, where all things were owned by the crown, where the means of production, including the people were the property of the state. This is the left today. The left demands a top down government where rulers in Washington are the owners of all things and dole out to barons and fifedoms as pleases them.

That pretty much covers it.

The "people" have very little influence over the federal government. This is why our country was designed on a bottom up model, where the individual is recognized as sovereign. The Sovereign citizen cedes a small portion of their authority to municipalities in exchange for services such as roads, police, fire protection, etc.

You know, I can't recall exactly when I "ceded" something...maybe you do and can show me a copy of your ceeding agreement.

V0t8iqr.gif

YES! I do mean that.

Other than "provide for the common defense" can you name any other things the government is to provide it's citizens that are named in the COTUS? I refer to the COTUS because it is the basis for all FEDERAL law, of which the ACA is one.

Forum List

Back