Uninsured rate keeps climbing under Republicans

Having initially dropped BIGLY under Obamacare uninsured rates have now been climbing back up ever since Trump won election and began messing with our healthcare:

59e8f709140000610d8c8b8e.png

The Uninsured Rate Is Going Up Again | HuffPost

U.S. Uninsured Rate Rises to 12.3% in Third Quarter

Or as Trumpsters would say:

9fbf1224f8d75cffef63a1919aabebee--charlie-sheen-winning-ferris-bueller.jpg

Oh my Allah, you mean that if people are not forced to buy the product of well connected looters under penalty of law, the crooks who you serve lose business?

YES! I do mean that.

People who are healthy don't want to pay for insurance, UNTIL THEY ARE NOT HEALTHY.

The only way to be able to guarantee everyone access to coverage in free market based system is to mandate that they get covered healthy or not.

This is where you go wrong every single time. Government is not tasked with guaranteeing everyone anything. Good little dictators will always sacrifice liberty for their own selfish desires.

You are crazy. Government is tasked WITH MANY THINGS it is to provide it's citizens.

I'm not an ideologue - if there is a way to setup a pure free market to handle a problem I'm all for it, but some things it's just not that good at as bottom line doesn't always line up with acceptable outcomes for us the people.
Other than "provide for the common defense" can you name any other things the government is to provide it's citizens that are named in the COTUS? I refer to the COTUS because it is the basis for all FEDERAL law, of which the ACA is one.
Still waiting....

Oh my Allah, you mean that if people are not forced to buy the product of well connected looters under penalty of law, the crooks who you serve lose business?

YES! I do mean that.

People who are healthy don't want to pay for insurance, UNTIL THEY ARE NOT HEALTHY.

The only way to be able to guarantee everyone access to coverage in free market based system is to mandate that they get covered healthy or not.

This is where you go wrong every single time. Government is not tasked with guaranteeing everyone anything. Good little dictators will always sacrifice liberty for their own selfish desires.

You are crazy. Government is tasked WITH MANY THINGS it is to provide it's citizens.

I'm not an ideologue - if there is a way to setup a pure free market to handle a problem I'm all for it, but some things it's just not that good at as bottom line doesn't always line up with acceptable outcomes for us the people.
Other than "provide for the common defense" can you name any other things the government is to provide it's citizens that are named in the COTUS? I refer to the COTUS because it is the basis for all FEDERAL law, of which the ACA is one.
Still waiting....

Here is the full sentence in the constitution:

all-maps-news-images-videos-shop-general-welfare-clause-article-24866065.png

It does not name specifically but does ENUMERATE the general power for Congress to legislate for the best interest of the country.

What Americans want the government to do is far beyond specific constitutional comment. You have had to be living under a rock for the past 100 years to still not know that.

Americans generally want government to provide basic social safety nets found in all developed countries - Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, Welfare etc.

Last edited:
YES! I do mean that.

Still waiting....

It does not name specifically but does ENUMERATE the general power for Congress to legislate for the best interest of the country.

What Americans want the government to do is far beyond specific constitutional comment. You have had to be living under a rock for the past 100 years to still not know that.

Americans generally want government to provide basic social safety nets found in all developed countries - Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, Welfare etc.
You claim there are many things, I ask you to name them. You change the subject. Interesting.

Still waiting....

You claim there are many things, I ask you to name them. You change the subject. Interesting.

....I named them and you QUOTED me naming them. Now you say I didn’t name them...Wtf?

YES! I do mean that.

Still waiting....

Americans generally want the government to provide basic social safety nets found in all developed countries - Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, Welfare etc.
You do understand that general welfare does not mean specific groups of people, individuals, or people at all, but the Nation as a whole, right?

Still waiting....

Americans generally want the government to provide basic social safety nets found in all developed countries - Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, Welfare etc.
You do understand that general welfare does not mean specific groups of people, individuals, or people at all, but the Nation as a whole, right?

Yes....you have a point?

Still waiting....

Yes....you have a point?
I do indeed.

Still waiting....

....I named them and you QUOTED me naming them. Now you say I didn’t name them...Wtf?
It does not name specifically
Do you not remember typing this? Or are you denying you did?

Still waiting....

It does not name specifically
Do you not remember typing this? Or are you denying you did?

Retard, CONSTITUTION doesn't name specifically, but I DID list a bunch of specific things Americans expect government to do (and has enumerated power to do under General Welfare clause)

How hard is it to keep up a sane conversation?

Liberals interpreted "general welfare" in the constitution to mean generally, everyone should be on welfare.

Having initially dropped BIGLY under Obamacare uninsured rates have now been climbing back up ever since Trump won election and began messing with our healthcare:

Trump hasn't done a damn thing with Obamacare you moron. That's why we're all pissed off at him.

Name ONE THING that Trump has done to alter Obamacare.

Trump signs executive order that could effectively gut Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate

Trump will end health care cost-sharing subsidies

You can now STFU ignoramus.

Executive orders are not laws. Trump has done nothing. Do you even know what they do? Obviously not.

Those things haven't even gone into effect yet, moron.

Executive orders are not laws. Trump has done nothing. Do you even know what they do? Obviously not.

Those things haven't even gone into effect yet, moron.

That's NOT HOW MARKET WORKS.

Insurance companies have to PRICE their policies IN ADVANCE and 2018 pricing had expected Trump policy baked in for this enrollment period.

There are not speculations, these are direct effects

Obamacare prices hiked up to 38 percent because of Trump threats: Report
  • Insurers added surcharges of between 7 and 38 percent onto Obamacare silver plans because of President Donald Trump's threats to kill reimbursement payments to health plans.
On consumer side 2016 election and following EO sent loud and clear message - don't you worry about ACA mandate, which also depressed enrollment, also increases prices on remaining pool.

Who needs medical insurance? Last time I went to the doctor, I paid $90 + $63 for prescriptions.

I'm good! :eusa_dance:

"un-insured" is, as generally used, a bullshit term - intended to deceive rather than enlighten.

I am "un-insured" with respect to floods damaging or destroying my house. It is neither a good thing nor a bad thing. I have chosen to SELF-INSURE the risk of damage to my house by flood, because the risk is slight and I have the wherewithal to deal with such a catastrophe should it occur. I am "un-insured" with respect to collision damage to my third car. If it is destroyed I can deal with that loss myself, and see no need to involve a profit-making insurance company in the situation.

If I were a young, healthy, self-employed individual, I might very well choose to SELF-INSURE my medical expenses. If I have to go to the doctor or the emergency room, I would pay those costs myself, to the extent that they cannot be avoided. Again, not a good thing or a bad thing, just a decision I make based on my assessment of the situation.

Today's Social Justice Warriors of the Left believe that to be un-insured as respects health costs is IRRESPONSIBLE and a CRIME AGAINST SOCIETY, because if I end up in the emergency room need a bazillion dollars worth of care, then EVERYONE ELSE will have to cover that burden.

Unfortunately for them, the United States Constitution ensures that I have the RIGHT to be irresponsible with respect to my own health, and the United States Supreme Court has ruled accordingly. What they did say, however, was that the Congress has the right to impose a TAX on people who are uninsured, with the hope that that onerous tax would induce everyone - even healthy bastards - to buy insurance that they don't want and probably don't need. But Congress MAY NOT demand that I buy health insurance, under penalty of law.

More and more people are now un-insured because they are gradually coming to understand their rights under the law and Constitution. I.e., they don't HAVE TO buy insurance.

"un-insured" is, as generally used, a bullshit term - intended to deceive rather than enlighten.

I am "un-insured" with respect to floods damaging or destroying my house. It is neither a good thing nor a bad thing. I have chosen to SELF-INSURE the risk of damage to my house by flood, because the risk is slight and I have the wherewithal to deal with such a catastrophe should it occur. I am "un-insured" with respect to collision damage to my third car. If it is destroyed I can deal with that loss myself, and see no need to involve a profit-making insurance company in the situation.

If I were a young, healthy, self-employed individual, I might very well choose to SELF-INSURE my medical expenses. If I have to go to the doctor or the emergency room, I would pay those costs myself, to the extent that they cannot be avoided. Again, not a good thing or a bad thing, just a decision I make based on my assessment of the situation.

Today's Social Justice Warriors of the Left believe that to be un-insured as respects health costs is IRRESPONSIBLE and a CRIME AGAINST SOCIETY, because if I end up in the emergency room need a bazillion dollars worth of care, then EVERYONE ELSE will have to cover that burden.

Unfortunately for them, the United States Constitution ensures that I have the RIGHT to be irresponsible with respect to my own health, and the United States Supreme Court has ruled accordingly. What they did say, however, was that the Congress has the right to impose a TAX on people who are uninsured, with the hope that that onerous tax would induce everyone - even healthy bastards - to buy insurance that they don't want and probably don't need. But Congress MAY NOT demand that I buy health insurance, under penalty of law.

More and more people are now un-insured because they are gradually coming to understand their rights under the law and Constitution. I.e., they don't HAVE TO buy insurance.
If you don't have health insurance ....you are self insured
If a 27 year old comes down with cancer, he cannot self insure it

Trump hasn't done a damn thing with Obamacare you moron. That's why we're all pissed off at him.

Name ONE THING that Trump has done to alter Obamacare.

He changed the enrollment dates, he axed the cost share reductions.

Forum List

Back