Unforgiven

Personally looking forward to it. Watanabe Ken will be reprising the role played by Eastwood in the original classic.

You know you're getting old when they start remaking movies that you've already seen as an adult.

And they're going to have to have their A Game on to make a better remake than the original.

You know you're getting old when they start remaking movies that you've already seen as an adult.

And they're going to have to have their A Game on to make a better remake than the original.

I hear that.

I'm hoping it will work the way that The Magnificent Seven worked as a remake of The Seven Samurai. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's the idea.

Last edited:
I dunno, it could be interesting with Watanabe Ken in the lead. A different take on the basic story. The reverse of what was done with The Seven Samurai. That remake - as The Magnificent Seven - turned out well.

absolutely no need to remake such a great movie

It's just one more bit of evidence that there is no imagination in the movie business anymore

absolutely no need to remake such a great movie

It's just one more bit of evidence that there is no imagination in the movie business anymore

True, but remakes have been around almost as long as movies.

Is being remade, it seems.

Noooo! Clint's Unforgiven is a timeless, Oscar-sweeping masterpiece of the Wild West. Who could replace Clint's famous line, "Well, he should have armed himself when he chose to decorate this shithole with the body of my friend." And who can forget Clint's thunderous lines when he came out of the bar after: "I'm coming out and if I see anybody, I'll kill them!!! And if anybody takes a shot at me, not only will I kill them, I'll kill their wife. And all their friends. Then I'll burn their house down!.........and somebody bury Ned right or I'll come back here and kill every last one of you sons of bitches!"

Is being remade, it seems.
What did you think about Unbroken?

Man we’re the Japanese cruel. Vicious. Evil. Just as bad as the Nazis.

I wonder if in these movies they make the japs and Germans seem worse than they really were

Republicans say slave movies exaggerate how bad slave owners treated their slaves. Do you agree?

My own screen name is based on the fact that I think that "Unforgiven" is the most intelligent Western in Hollywood history. I love the movie's coldly existential mood - no real clear-cut villains or heroes. Every character in this masterpiece was a shade of gray. Which is obviously how the real Wild West was: a very harsh, tough, natural-selection environment. Not an environment for lovey-dovey compassion or tenderness.

Clint Eastwood: "Yeah, I've killed women and children. I reckon I've killed every living thing that ever walked or crawled at one point of another.......and I'm here to kill you, Little Bill."

Forum List

Back