Unemployment rises in 30 states in January

The lowest unemployment rates are still found in upper Plains states, with North Dakota's jobless rate of 4.2 percent the lowest in the nation. Nebraska and South Dakota had the next lowest rates, at 4.6 percent and 4.8 percent, respectively.

maybe he moved to N.D....?

Naw the Recession is over. This can't be right. I mean the Wall Street Fat Cats are getting richer & richer by the day so everything must be ok. Well that's at least what the Hopey Changeys are selling anyway. Not many are buying that though. I know i'm not.

Unemployment rises in 30 states in January - Yahoo! News

I'm almost positive that President Obama is shocked by these numbers and never saw them coming......................

How's that Porkulus bill going in your neighborhood? It went from creating jobs to saving jobs to WTF, stop asking.
The funny thing is, this administration saw those numbers, and then tried to blame it on the weather. Seriously, i'm not fucking kidding. anybody with a link, please post it. I'm not in the mood to go searching right now. But it's out there.

It seems that the new liberal mantra is to blame EVERYTHING on the weather nowadays. All be damned if they take credit for their abject failings. Friggin' idiots!:cuckoo:

I'm almost positive that President Obama is shocked by these numbers and never saw them coming......................

How's that Porkulus bill going in your neighborhood? It went from creating jobs to saving jobs to WTF, stop asking.

The federal government is expanding in leaps & bounds while the private sector is still shredding jobs.

Proof--that massive government spending does not create long term private sector job growth.

This is Obama's flood the basement economics.

$9-trillion-deficit.jpg

Now up to 12.4 TRILLION

The funny thing is, this administration saw those numbers, and then tried to blame it on the weather. Seriously, i'm not fucking kidding. anybody with a link, please post it. I'm not in the mood to go searching right now. But it's out there.

It seems that the new liberal mantra is to blame EVERYTHING on the weather nowadays. All be damned if they take credit for their abject failings. Friggin' idiots!:cuckoo:

Here's your link---:lol::lol::lol: Obama did blame it on the WEATHER---:lol::lol::lol:

Rising Unemployment: Obama Blames it on the Weather | The Official Website of Representative David Duke, PhD

Rising Unemployment: Obama Blames it on the Weather

by Jeff Davis

The Obama White House and the Democrat Party have been twisting, turning and doing flips like an organ-grinder’s monkey in order to explain the continuing rise in American unemployment. Their latest excuse for the Obama Depression is: Blame it on the weather.

An article from CNN Money.com reports: “The number of Americans filing for initial unemployment insurance surged to just below the 500,000 level last week, and have climbed more than 12% over the past two weeks, the government said Thursday. There were 496,000 initial job claims filed in the week ended Feb. 20, up 22,000 from a revised 474,000 the previous week, the Labor Department said in a weekly report. The prior week, there were 442,000 claims filed. ‘This is certainly not surprising given the very adverse weather conditions for the eastern half of the country, especially in the major population areas,’ said Robert Dye, a senior economist at PNC Financial Services. ‘Weather has a huge impact, particularly with things like construction, which remains very soft. Over the past few weeks, the Northeast, particularly the Washington area, has been hit with snow storms, putting people out of work and resulting in a backlog of claims that the Labor Department wasn’t able to process until this week.’ “

Didn’t the construction industry pretty much get devastated at the start of this financial crisis? Construction always is the first casualty. No one wants to build new houses if they can’t sell them at a substantial profit. Right now, there are about 19 million homes that have been foreclosed and are glutting the market. So how could the snow be affecting non-existent construction in the east?

Maybe Obama can call Al Gore to see what he can do to straighten out the weather in this country so his employment numbers will get better--LOL

Last edited:
it's only been 13 months since the stimulus bill passed

Yep & according to Obama--because of the "porkulus" stimulus bill unemployment wouldn't go over 8.2%. Well it did, & it looks like it's going higher. In fact--economists expect unemployment to remain HIGHER than 9% for the entire 2010 year.

$lipstuck-pig-sb0206d.jpg

And the national rate dropped.

no it didn't, U-3 held at 9.7%, while U-6, which includes underemployment rose 3/10ths to 16.8

?

I'm going from what I read in the OP's link:

In January, the national unemployment rate fell to 9.7 percent from 10 percent the previous month. Last week, the Labor Department said the national rate was unchanged in February at 9.7 percent, a better reading than most analysts expected.

State unemployment data for February won't be released until later this month.

The funny thing is, this administration saw those numbers, and then tried to blame it on the weather.

Blame the snow. So what they're saying is that the economy would do better if global warming was stronger.
Crazy as it is, that's about it!

This is by far the most incompetent president and administration this country's ever seen. But they are entertaing and fun to laugh at. I'll give 'em that!

obama_approval_index_march_10_2010.jpg

Obama's failures will be magnified later on this year when the economy plows under, and there is nothing left to stop it. The unemployment rate is nothing right now, buckle up.

Forum List

Back