Unemployment Rate Set To Plunge As Bill To Restore Jobless Benefits Fails To Pass Sen

Another conservative prediction. Sigh. When will they learn?

I'm still waiting for the cheering Iraqis that Cheney promised. I'm still waiting for the massive inflation that critics of the stimulus and quantitative easing promised. I'm still waiting for Romneycare in Massachusetts to fail, let alone it's national version, the ACA, to fail. Oh, and is the minimum wage increase gonna cause all the suffering that conservatives have been predicting at some point since it started in 1938? I'm just wondering. Let me know when one of your b____shit predictions actually comes true.

And let us know when your partisan hack job changes its tune

Your desires lack support. But hey, working has become a 'nice to have' for the entitled vice a 'necessity'. In other words, you still have options

-Geaux

95% of the money made during the economic recovery went to the richest 1% of the population. Come on, Republicans, tell us again how those wealthy job creators are creating so many jobs. Perhaps 95% of our money just isn't enough to create any jobs? What would be a fair and balanced amount for the super-rich? Should 99% of the money go to the 1% of the population who already have more money than they will ever need?

Just how much more money do these billionaire "job creators" need before they start creating all of those jobs?

http://elsa.berkeley.edu/~saez/saez-UStopincomes-2012.pdf
Some 95% of 2009-2012 Income Gains Went to Wealthiest 1% - Real Time Economics - WSJ
Obama admits 95% of income gains gone to top 1% - Sep. 15, 2013
One percent recovery: 95 percent of gains have gone to the top one percent.
How the 1 percent won the recovery, in one table
Inequality: Growing apart | The Economist

They can't create jobs when POTUS destroys them. This is a lame liberal presidency that has proved America can not afford a liberal in office.

Cost prohibitive

But hey, my 401K is making hay due to Obama's total 'failed' presidency. Nice that Obama is paying us to occupy the Oval Office. I guess there is a price for everything. lol

-Geaux

Last edited:
We will also have loads of vets looking for work as well.

Should be interesting.

And yet....you wait and see today.
The media will not talk about what Reid did, or if they do it will be mentioned politely...B U T...like the White House, they will blame the Republicans and the word "obstructionist" will be heard very shortly.
Reid wants to run the senate as if he is Julius Caesar, he can make all of the changes he wants but refuses to allow even discussing the matter - - and he walks away blameless for the bill failing.

Contrarian point of view:

With unemployment benefits curtailed, people will start looking for work and the unemployment rate will go up, in the near term.

The number of people employed will also go up, but that is another issue.

Dreamer

Unemployment Rate Set To Plunge As Bill To Restore Jobless Benefits Fails To Pass Senate

People looking for work do not cause the unemployment rate to do down. We already have an unemployment rate of approximately 7% which indicates that there are currently many people who are unemployed but looking for work. Looking for work does not mean you will find work. The number one driving force in unemployment is the demand of the market. If the market was demanding more labor, people would be finding jobs already and the UE numbers would already be on the decline.

You make it sound like we have a labor shortage while people are sitting at home and collecting a check. That's not at all true. And even if it had been, the market would naturally adjust with higher wages being offered.

Unemployment Rate Set To Plunge As Bill To Restore Jobless Benefits Fails To Pass Senate

People looking for work do not cause the unemployment rate to do down. We already have an unemployment rate of approximately 7% which indicates that there are currently many people who are unemployed but looking for work. Looking for work does not mean you will find work. The number one driving force in unemployment is the demand of the market. If the market was demanding more labor, people would be finding jobs already and the UE numbers would already be on the decline.

You make it sound like we have a labor shortage while people are sitting at home and collecting a check. That's not at all true. And even if it had been, the market would naturally adjust with higher wages being offered.

That is completely wrong.
People who are not looking for work are not working. People who are looking for work eventually will find it. The UE rate has been declining for 3 years. A big factor in accepting employment is the differential between sitting at home collecting a check vs going to work collecting wages. If the difference is not enough then people will not look for work.
We do have a labor shortage. Check the want ads.

If the government were to stop giving people free Velveeta Cheese, people would go out and start looking for it if they really needed Velveeta Cheese.

Government cheese - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is it free?

My cell phone bill and the payment for the fight have tapped me out. My kids are hungry and they cut my unemployment

Where's the cheese?

-Geaux

The government is hording it.

"The cheese was often from food surpluses stockpiled by the government as part of milk price supports. Butter was also stockpiled and then provided under the same program."

Forum List

Back