Unemployment rate offically rockets over 10%!!!!

I don't buy these White House numbers. The actual Unemployment Rate has to be well above their 10.2% number. That number is as bogus as their "Saved Jobs" numbers are. I just don't believe anything coming from this White House at this point. If they're claiming the number is 10.2% then just go ahead and assume it's more like 20%. What a scam.

Nobody really cares what you "believe". Give us credible numbers.

You're asking something YOU can google as well as anyone else you fuckin' TROLL.

10.2% was the unemployment rate for American workers in October of 2009. At least, that is what we were told. In reality, however, the percentage of Americans lacking fulltime employment was far higher. According to a recent New York Times article:
In all, more than one out of every six workers — 17.5 percent — were unemployed or underemployed in October... This includes the officially unemployed, who have looked for work in the last four weeks. It also includes discouraged workers, who have looked in the past year, as well as millions of part-time workers who want to be working full time.
Worse still is the revelation that:
Nearly 16 million people are now unemployed and more than seven million jobs have been lost since late 2007.

SOURCE

Broader Measure of U.S. Unemployment Stands at 17.5%

Oh, come on, T, grow up, huh?

CalypsoLouie above made some statements he cannot back up. His belief, like your philosophy, means nothing if it is not data driven. And since you have no data, your drive is dead.

Sounds like the line in the sand is 10.8% huh? So what are you going to say when it goes to 11% or above? Bush will have been gone almost a year or better at that time. Biden has already claimed the stimulus plan as Obama's. Obama claimed the unemployment rate would not exceed 8.5%. You have to start laying responsibility on him at this point.

The unemployment rate remains more than a half point less than it did in Reagan's full third year.

My history teacher friends tell me that they have no trouble making comparisions like the above and then sending the kids home to ask their parents if they know that.

Yes...let's make sure we politicize our children and turn them against their parents when their as young and impressionable as possible.

You can tell your history teacher friends to "FUCK OFF" from me!!

Actually my comments are accurate. You have to be "actively" seeking employment to be considered unemployed. Unemployment benefits are given only to those who are meeting this definition.
Not quite true. Eligibility for UI varies from state to state. Some states give partial benefits to those did find work, but at a wage far lower than they had been making. There's some correlation, but it's not "if you are no longer on UI you are no longer counted as unemployed." Additionally, some people's benefits run out...they're still unemployed as far as the Unemployment rate is concerned. And that's what you were talking about...benefits running out.

The government considers you not actively looking for work once you run out of benefits.
Untrue. The census worker collecting the data does not ask if you had benefits. They only ask if you're looking or not. In some cases those will be the same, in many cases not...especially those who never collected UI.

While the data is determined from a different method, those receiving unemployment benefits will meet the statistical standard. Also, those who don't get the benefit will, in most cases be dropped from the rate. The effect is the same.
Absolutely not. Most of those receiving UI will meet the definition. Not all (I have no idea what each individual state requires for job seeking). Many many who are counted as unemployed have never been eligible for UI or didn't take it etc. Many of those whose benefits run out will still be counted as unemployed, as well.

Nobody gets "dropped from the rate" technically speaking. It's not a list where individuals are added or dropped.

Sorry, I fail to see this as a "great thing", personally, I see it as a major problem.

Trying to place the blame on the Dem's does NO GOOD, and only add's to the already major division dividing our country.

Think what you want, but unemployment IS the biggest problem facing our country.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be unemployed, and you?:confused:
Much more important then health care, that much is certain.

Untrue. The census worker collecting the data does not ask if you had benefits. They only ask if you're looking or not. In some cases those will be the same, in many cases not...especially those who never collected UI.

You are wrong. Is the census taken every month? I think NOT!!! The Census worker hasn't got jack shit to do with the unemployment rate.

There's some correlation, but it's not "if you are no longer on UI you are no longer counted as unemployed." Additionally, some people's benefits run out...they're still unemployed as far as the Unemployment rate is concerned. And that's what you were talking about...benefits running out.

Once again...you are wrong.

"There is some correaltion" is double speak for you don't really know what you are talking about.

Fact: When your unemployment insurance runs out you are no longer counted as "unemployed" with respect to the national unemployment rate. That's why the unemployment rate GOES UP after Congress extends benefits....

The muttering continues from the right whinge fringe.

T and buds cannot give meaningful data that can further meaningfully interpret the hard figure of 10.2% current unemployment rate, while at the same time they try to ignore the 10.8% of Reagan's third full year. They ignore it, because they can't argue it, that these times are much more perilous than they were more 26 years ago.

Teachers, of course, educate and instruct all students, including children. If the children come in with poorly founded or misfounded assumptions, such as espoused by T and others above, then the children should be (and will be) instructed accordingly. If T and the others don't like it, they can home or private school their children.

What T et al can't do is this: think their small minority point of view is going to effect American politics. The great rational majority will not permit such a perversion.

Last edited:
There's some correlation, but it's not "if you are no longer on UI you are no longer counted as unemployed." Additionally, some people's benefits run out...they're still unemployed as far as the Unemployment rate is concerned. And that's what you were talking about...benefits running out.

Once again...you are wrong.

"There is some correaltion" is double speak for you don't really know what you are talking about.

Fact: When your unemployment insurance runs out you are no longer counted as "unemployed" with respect to the national unemployment rate. That's why the unemployment rate GOES UP after Congress extends benefits....
And that too goes for people that have stopped looking all together. Their activities are no longer reported.

Sounds like the line in the sand is 10.8% huh? So what are you going to say when it goes to 11% or above? Bush will have been gone almost a year or better at that time. Biden has already claimed the stimulus plan as Obama's. Obama claimed the unemployment rate would not exceed 8.5%. You have to start laying responsibility on him at this point.

I'll still blame Bush the same way I blamed Carter in the early 80s.
We gave Reagan over three years to fix the economy, it took FDR six years. You do not snap your fingers and have an economic collapse disappear. Obama has made significant progress the first year and staved off an economic collapse.
Only 1/3 of the stimulus plan has been activated. The remaining 2/3 will kick in in 2010 right before the elections.

You are wrong. Is the census taken every month? I think NOT!!! The Census worker hasn't got jack shit to do with the unemployment rate.

No, the census isn't taken every month, but the Current Population Survey is. It's a joint Census/Bureau of Labor Statistics survey and it's the survey where the data for unemployment comes from. Census employees conduct the survey. Read for yourself instead of talking out of your ass. Current Population Survey (CPS) Main Page

This should be fun. Please give your evidence of this from a government source (meaning any of the official publications, notes etc from the people who actually calculate the numbers).

Oh, wait, you don't have one, and you won't find one. You're talking out of your ass.

I'm prepared to give my sources on request. How foolish do you think you'll look if you or someone else asks me to back up my claim? I'm willing to show my cards...you've got nothing.

Last edited:
Always amusing to watch the worship Barry crowd search for the magic bullet that will stave off criticism of the messiah.

'Blame Bush' isn't working, so now it's compare Barry to Reagan.

Face it, the Boi King is fucked, his 'fixes' makes things worse and he's on his way to Bush & Carter Ville as a rotten POTUS.

Forum List

Back