Unemployment rate offically rockets over 10%!!!!

As you learn in school if you paid attention, nemployment is a lagging indicator.

Homeschoolers usually skip that lesson to spend more time on Jesus.

Unemployment stops growing when the economy is really growing... Why is it increasing?
Me thinks the supposed 3rd quarter growth may be accounting sleight of hand?

The unemployment rate remains more than a half point less than it did in Reagan's full third year.

My history teacher friends tell me that they have no trouble making comparisions like the above and then sending the kids home to ask their parents if they know that.

Last edited:
The unemployment rate remains more than a half point less than it did in Reagan's full third year. My history teacher friends tell me that they have no trouble making comparisions like the above and then sending the kids home to ask their parents if they know that.

That's technically true
Notice: Data not available: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

The problem Obama has is that the unemployment rate is STILL RISING....IT HASN'T PEAKED YET....then after it peaks how fast will it come down in a "jobless recovery"....

The DC clowns still give tax breaks to move factories overseas, we aren't going to rebuild our economy doing that.

Unemployment has been extended for 20 more weeks. Had Congress and Obama not done that, people who ran out of benefits would have fallen off the unemployment numbers. Now they stay for 20 more weeks. We are still having new jobless claims at the rate of 500,000 plus a week. That will make a bigger number for the next twenty weeks minimum.

A news report yesterday said the real unemployment rate is actually near 17.5%. During the Great Depression, unemployment was in the 20-25% range. These numbers are arrived at in a more similiar method, so they are more meaningful to me.

At 15 million unemployed currently (under today's counting system), it will be a 12.5% rate by December. 500,000/week x 12 weeks = 6,000,000 with 37% finding jobs is a net 3,750,000 more jobless.

I'm sure that somebody from Obama's Administration, or even Obama himself, will come on tv shortly and give us all a good reason why unemployment is over 10% now. They will tell us all it's Bush's fault and they inherited the problem when he came into office a year ago. In the meanwhile unemployment will creep up to 11 or 12 percent, maybe more. Don't guess that big assed Stimulus Bill is working out for us quite the way that Joe Biden tells us it is.:lol:

Obama was again this week talking about "the problems we inherited".............

Hey.......I pray daily he goes right on blaming Bush for everything next month, 6 months from now..........a year from now.:clap2:

I'm sure that somebody from Obama's Administration, or even Obama himself, will come on tv shortly and give us all a good reason why unemployment is over 10% now. They will tell us all it's Bush's fault and they inherited the problem when he came into office a year ago. In the meanwhile unemployment will creep up to 11 or 12 percent, maybe more. Don't guess that big assed Stimulus Bill is working out for us quite the way that Joe Biden tells us it is.:lol:

Obama was again this week talking about "the problems we inherited".............
Hey.......I pray daily he goes right on blaming Bush for everything next month, 6 months from now..........a year from now.

IMHO the recession was caused by BOTH political parties

Republicans passed the "American Jobs Creation Act" that basically gave companies tax breaks to move factories overseas. Big business moved thousands of factories and millions of jobs overseas. Obama and the dems did not repeal or amend that act to stop the outflow of factories and jobs.

Democrats (under Clinton) repealed "Glass-Steagall"
Progressive Historians: History For Our Future
then they implemented the "National Home Ownership Strategy"
Bill Clinton's drive to increase homeownership went way too far - BusinessWeek
So all these "toxic assets, or bogus mortgages" can be laid at Bubba Clinton's feet. The stock market will take years to recover, assuming that the DC clowns can even get the economy going before the deficit/Debt sinks the US into the 3rd world.

I blame Bush

fail.................America was at full employment for almost the whole decade. HWen did it start going into the shitter? After the Dums took over Congress in 2006...........they fcukk with the market every chance they get and every time its a fcukking disaster!!!

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2009 7.60 8.10 8.50 8.90 9.40 9.50 9.40 9.70 9.80 10.20
2008 4.90 4.80 5.10 5.00 5.50 5.60 5.80 6.20 6.20 6.60 6.80 7.20
2007 4.60 4.50 4.40 4.50 4.50 4.60 4.70 4.70 4.70 4.80 4.70 4.90
2006 4.70 4.80 4.70 4.70 4.70 4.60 4.70 4.70 4.50 4.40 4.50 4.40
2005 5.20 5.40 5.20 5.20 5.10 5.10 5.00 4.90 5.00 5.00 5.00 4.80
2004 5.70 5.60 5.80 5.60 5.60 5.60 5.50 5.40 5.40 5.50 5.40 5.40
2003 5.80 5.90 5.90 6.00 6.10 6.30 6.20 6.10 6.10 6.00 5.80 5.70
2002 5.70 5.70 5.70 5.90 5.80 5.80 5.80 5.70 5.70 5.70 5.90 6.00

numbers dont lie s0ns!!!!!:lol:

Yup the Recession is over and they've saved Thousands of jobs. My God,who the H*ll buys those absurd White House Talking Points? Yikes!

The unemployment rate remains more than a half point less than it did in Reagan's full third year.

My history teacher friends tell me that they have no trouble making comparisions like the above and then sending the kids home to ask their parents if they know that.

We're seeing unemployment numbers not seen since REAGAN and the Reagan-is-God crowd uses them to mock Obama.

Sometimes I feel the rightwingers don't think their talking points through before they turn them loose.

As you learn in school if you paid attention, nemployment is a lagging indicator.

Keep falling for the DNC talking points pinhead!!! :rofl:

'Unemployment is a lagging indicator' is a DNC talking point?

Labeling something a talking point is the rightwing talking point of last resort.

Keep falling for the DNC talking points pinhead!!! :rofl:

Ari Fleischer, June 2003 - Whitehouse Press briefing:

And, of course, unemployment is a lagging indicator. Growth typically kicks in faster than -- earlier than the unemployment rates decline.

Hey, Ari you baldheaded fuckstick! The DNC wants its talking point back!

LOL

Got any more genius remarks Patey??

Press Gaggle by Ari Fleischer

B B B bu Bu Buu But Vi Vi Vice Pr pre PRes president Bi Bi BIde Biden Said th th tha that the the St St stim stimu u Stimulus pl pl pl pl plan, w w w wo wo wor wworked.

Uh huh. The Recession is over and they really have saved Thousands of jobs. Say Whaat? It really is amazing to see so many just gobbling up those absurd & dishonest White House Talking Points. What a scam.

These are the same dishonest dunces who claimed that if there was no Stimulus,the Unemployment Rate could explode to a catastrophic rate of 8.5%. Ok so now with the Stimulus we have an astonishing 10.2% Unemployment Rate. Yes so now we have massive debt to go along with our massive unemployment. Wow it's a good thing we had their Stimulus huh? My God,is it only me who sees this insanity?

Last edited:
Unemployment has been extended for 20 more weeks. Had Congress and Obama not done that, people who ran out of benefits would have fallen off the unemployment numbers.
Untrue. The Unemployment rate and level have never ever used Unemployment insurance claims as part of the calculation. The definition of Unemployed is that the person must not have worked in the reference week and actively looked for work in the previous 4 weeks (unless on temporary layoff). It doesn't matter how long a person has been unemployed or if they've ever received or been eligible for unemployment insurance.

[qutoe] Now they stay for 20 more weeks. We are still having new jobless claims at the rate of 500,000 plus a week. [/quote]Those are the unemployment insurance claims numbers...completely different from the Unemployment Rate.

A news report yesterday said the real unemployment rate is actually near 17.5%.
That's an alternative number (the U-6) that includes people not trying to find a job and people who are working, but less than they'd like do to cut hours or inability to find full-time employment. It's not the "real" number, but a different way of looking at the numbers. It's useful for overall health, but not useful for gauging how difficult it is to find a job because it's too subjective.

During the Great Depression, unemployment was in the 20-25% range. These numbers are arrived at in a more similiar method, so they are more meaningful to me.
That's untrue. The calculations used for the Great Depression (which, btw, weren't calculated until 1948 as there was no set definition of unemployed, let alone systematic data collection during the Depression) are almost identical to the official definition used today. Part-time for economic reasons has never ever been used in official unemployment rates, and the "Marginally Attached" (all those who are no longer looking for work for whatever reason but who say they want and are available to work) wasn't a concept ever measured until 1994.

Actually my comments are accurate. You have to be "actively" seeking employment to be considered unemployed. Unemployment benefits are given only to those who are meeting this definition. The government considers you not actively looking for work once you run out of benefits.

While the data is determined from a different method, those receiving unemployment benefits will meet the statistical standard. Also, those who don't get the benefit will, in most cases be dropped from the rate. The effect is the same.

The fact still is that our unemployment rate, in this much more difficult and dangerous time in our history, is less than it was in Reagan's third full year.

No one is scaring or impressing any one with the title of this thread.

Forum List

Back