Understanding the wealth of the poor

Think this through. Can you afford to hire a maid that makes enough cleaning your house to feed her family?

It wouldn't take a maid 40 hours a week to clean my house. And I know maids that make $40 an hour cleaning homes.....but that was a nice try.

Ok. So you're cool with the concept of part time labor. I agree, I know cleaning staff that actually do quite well per hour. So how much can you afford to pay a maid to clean your house? How much should I pay mine?

The last time I paid a maid was before I came home from the hospital with my youngest son. He'll be 24 in December. I paid her $50.00 for less than 2 hours work. She's been my friend for many years and makes less than that working full time now. Her sister whom she's been sharing an apartment with, lost her job 2 years ago. Now, at 50 and 54, they are moving in with their mother. What the hell happened to this country? And how can you continue to defend the decline in jobs and pay?

You're right to some extent but the Magna Carta was wrote in 1215 I believe and is the basis of our constitution...

what?? you might say it was the basis for the British government from which we rebelled

Of course the Magna Carta was ignored for more than 500 years..

I suppose the point is that Jefferson isn't the Godfather of freedom.

Of course you know nothing whatsoever which perfectly explains why you are so afraid to say who the Godfather of freedom really is, if not Jefferson.

Noooo, the Magna Carta was the basis of our constitution...

Magna Carta 1215 - Google Search

Take your pick for sources to my assertion...

It wouldn't take a maid 40 hours a week to clean my house. And I know maids that make $40 an hour cleaning homes.....but that was a nice try.

Ok. So you're cool with the concept of part time labor. I agree, I know cleaning staff that actually do quite well per hour. So how much can you afford to pay a maid to clean your house? How much should I pay mine?

The last time I paid a maid was before I came home from the hospital with my youngest son. He'll be 24 in December. I paid her $50.00 for less than 2 hours work. She's been my friend for many years and makes less than that working full time now. Her sister whom she's been sharing an apartment with, lost her job 2 years ago. Now, at 50 and 54, they are moving in with their mother. What the hell happened to this country? And how can you continue to defend the decline in jobs and pay?

I'm not nor have I ever defended a decline in jobs and pay.

So $25 and hour? Is that the minimum you think I should pay? And are you saying you can't afford to hire a maid?

if so then please show one place where in the Federalist Papers it was mentioned or just one one reason to think it mattered. Good luck

if so then please show one place where in the Federalist Papers it was mentioned or just one one reason to think it mattered. Good luck

The federalists were authoritarians...

Hence the Bill of Rights...

The Bill of Rights was a compromise...

Last edited:
I know that "no country can long survive with the majority of it's wealth in the hands of a few." .

are you a liberal parrot?? what are the numbers that make you feel the majority of wealth is in the hands of a few dozen, hundreds, thousands, millions???????????????

if so then please show one place where in the Federalist Papers it[Magna Carta] was mentioned or just one one reason to think it mattered. Good luck and don't fool yourself by trying to change the subject again

if so then please show one place where in the Federalist Papers it[Magna Carta] was mentioned or just one one reason to think it mattered. Good luck and don't fool yourself by trying to change the subject again

Apparently you don't know what the Magna Carta is and what authoritarian means..

Hence FEDERALIST..

Are you really that fucking stupid??

Why the hell would the Magna Carta be mentioned in authoritarian boogersnott???

That's your answer...

Didn't I say the Federalists were a bunch of authoritarians??

Why do we have a Bill of Rights retard??

Care to answer that question???

I know that "no country can long survive with the majority of it's wealth in the hands of a few." .

are you a liberal parrot?? what are the numbers that make you feel the majority of wealth is in the hands of a few dozen, hundreds, thousands, millions???????????????

Uh, 1% of the population owns 90% of our wealth...that's the numbers, read 'em and weep.

Then check out a history book, I didn't say that, Plato or Socrates did. They were much smarter than I and apparently much much smarter than you.

Care to answer that question???

first you must admit you were wrong to say the Magna Carta was the basis for the Constitution; then we can continue your education.

I think you actually need an education, before you can educate others.....

if so then why be so afraid to point out your best example of my ignorance for the whole world to see? What does your fear tell you about liberalism?

Three words for ya "French Revolutionary War!"

Dear, I don't think the French in 1789 had $6 trillion in yearly welfare entitlements and food stamps!!! See why we are positive a liberal will be slow?

You know nothing about the state of France before the revolution, that's freaking obvious.

you mean Louis xv1 did provide $trillions in welfare before the Revolution???? Who knew.

first you must admit you were wrong to say the Magna Carta was the basis for the Constitution; then we can continue your education.

if so then why be so afraid to point out your best example of my ignorance for the whole world to see? What does your fear tell you about liberalism?

Liberalism is a lie. It's Statist Progressivism, and it is at war with Individual Liberty and Unalienable Rights. The Progressive Statist, unlike the Classic Liberal, has Championed the Will of those that Control the State, over Individual Rights and Justice, further deeming that Individual Rights, even Property Rights, should be Sacrificed for the Selfish interest of the State.

The Magna Carta
(The Great Charter)
The Magna Carta 1215

ENGLISH BILL OF RIGHTS
[1689]
An Act Declaring the Rights and Liberties of the Subject and Settling the Succession of the Crown
English Bill of Rights 1689

The Progressive Statist, unlike the Classic Liberal, has Championed the Will of those that Control the State, over Individual Rights and Justice, further deeming that Individual Rights, even Property Rights, should be Sacrificed for the Selfish interest of the State.

Okay, so opposing the rights of gay people to marry is a progressive thing?

Liberalism is a lie. It's Statist Progressivism,

why try to change the subject????
Where is the example of my ignorance?????????? Afraid to even try?????

Forum List

Back