Understanding Christianity

the alternative is to not seek the propagation of religion as a LIFE MISSION. The idea that the ONLY
WAY TO A RIGHTEOUS AND JUST LIFE is thru Christian dogma (or Islamic dogma, or Maoist
dogma) is perverse. The high death count perpetrated by Christian missionizing is the CRIME OF
THE 'holy' ROMAN EMPIRE,---------The muslim death toll is a manifestation the "DAR AL ISLAM"----
notion (aka caliphatism) ----you need more evidence than that demonstrated by EVANGELICAL
ISIS ???

I think that you miss the point of Christianity. The God of Christianity is aiming on saving the souls of humans from falling to hell. So your suggestion is, in order not to cause death of humans by those making wrong use of religion, just let mankind as a whole stay in hell after their physical death?
Pretty neat trick with excellent marketing. It is GOD 2.0 from the New Testament. There is no hell in the Old Testament. Obviously God 1.0 was a total failure and had to be re-Intelligent Designed (by man).

Jesus (aka God 2.0) invents a hell and claims you better obey or he will send you there.

the alternative is to not seek the propagation of religion as a LIFE MISSION. The idea that the ONLY
WAY TO A RIGHTEOUS AND JUST LIFE is thru Christian dogma (or Islamic dogma, or Maoist
dogma) is perverse. The high death count perpetrated by Christian missionizing is the CRIME OF
THE 'holy' ROMAN EMPIRE,---------The muslim death toll is a manifestation the "DAR AL ISLAM"----
notion (aka caliphatism) ----you need more evidence than that demonstrated by EVANGELICAL
ISIS ???

I think that you miss the point of Christianity. The God of Christianity is aiming on saving the souls of humans from falling to hell. So your suggestion is, in order not to cause death of humans by those making wrong use of religion, just let mankind as a whole stay in hell after their physical death?
Pretty neat trick with excellent marketing. It is GOD 2.0 from the New Testament. There is no hell in the Old Testament. Obviously God 1.0 was a total failure and had to be re-Intelligent Designed (by man).

Jesus (aka God 2.0) invents a hell and claims you better obey or he will send you there.

I read the NT------I do not remember that Jesus was DEFINITIVE about a "hell" as reported by any
credible source--------DANTE INVENTED HELL

ISIS ???

I read the NT------I do not remember that Jesus was DEFINITIVE about a "hell" as reported by any

Jesus spoke of Gehenna, a smoldering trash dump outside the walls of the city where every sort of foul and loathsome beast and bird gathers in what they believe is a bountiful blessing from God.

He used it as a metaphor for the garbage people were swallowing and the unclean beats that ate it all up who were living in a spiritual trash dump full of superstition and the flesh of rotting corpses on the wrong side of the law which teaches people to distinguish between clean and unclean, true and false, right and wrong, good and evil, life and death....

C
yup--------not all people adhere to the nutty idea that one has to be baptized to GAIN ENTRANCE TO
HEAVEN----------you are talking "primitive" I do not believe that this level of thinking is STILL
prevalent amongst Christian scholars

Like I said, for the sake of argument let's assume that the Christianity advocate is a truth. Then the point is how can this truth propagate among humans. As for how true Christianity itself is, it belongs to another topic.

ok----the answer-----it should have been propagated by utterly non-violent or coercive means
Christianity was to be propagated just as it was: with a rod of iron (Rev. 19:15). The Lord exhorts the saints (Christians) to conquer (chapters 2 & 3 in Revelation).

Of course, merely sharing the Gospel is also effective, as Jesus alludes to.

The purpose of Christianity was to dispel the darkness of the pagan world. Even the Israelites were given to worshipping the gods and idols of their oppressors.

Not so any more. Since the Cross, statues of birds and reptiles and shrines to pagan gods no longer dominate the landscape. The Cross does. The people of God no longer worship creatures but the Creator. And they reflect that creator's love in the world.

As in the Garden of Eden, God is again dwelling on the earth with His creation (Rev. 21:3). And the Church - the Kingdom - would reign through the generations, as it has been doing. The saints have conquered.

That is Christianity.

Last edited:
ISIS ???

Jesus spoke of Gehenna, a smoldering trash dump outside the walls of the city where every sort of foul and loathsome beast and bird gathers in what they believe is a bountiful blessing from God.

He used it as a metaphor for the garbage people were swallowing and the unclean beats that ate it all up who were living in a spiritual trash dump full of superstition and the flesh of rotting corpses on the wrong side of the law which teaches people to distinguish between clean and unclean, true and false, right and wrong, good and evil, life and death....

right-----Gehenna is a garbage dump on the outskirts of town-------using that word as a symbol for
a miserable fate was not a device invented by Jesus. "Gehenna" as a metaphor predates Jesus
and is not Dante's INFERNO

C
yup--------not all people adhere to the nutty idea that one has to be baptized to GAIN ENTRANCE TO
HEAVEN----------you are talking "primitive" I do not believe that this level of thinking is STILL

Like I said, for the sake of argument let's assume that the Christianity advocate is a truth. Then the point is how can this truth propagate among humans. As for how true Christianity itself is, it belongs to another topic.

ok----the answer-----it should have been propagated by utterly non-violent or coercive means
Christianity was to be propagated just as it was: with a rod of iron (Rev. 19:15). The Lord exhorts the saints (Christians) to conquer (chapters 2 & 3 in Revelation).

The purpose of Christianity was to dispel the darkness of the pagan world. Even the Israelites were given to worshipping the gods and idols of their oppressors.

Not so any more. Since the Cross, statues of birds and reptiles and shrines to pagan gods no longer dominate the landscape. The Cross does. The people of God no longer worship creatures but the Creator. And they reflect that creator's love in the world.

As in the Garden of Eden, God is again dwelling on the earth with His creation (Rev. 21:3). And the Church - the Kingdom - would reign through the generations, as it has been doing. The saints have conquered.

That is Christianity.

well ------the "iron rod of the book of revulsions" is about right-------but as to real history, you should try BONING UP

C

That is Christianity.

well ------the "iron rod of the book of revulsions" is about right-------but as to real history, you should try BONING UP
I'll consider your counterpoints carefully.

Go therefore and make disciples...etc

This is the job of Christians as stated by Jesus, so, if you wonder why many Christians are "pushing" their agenda, this is one reason why

The other reason is the 2nd greatest commandment, to love others. Realize, to a Christian, the best way to show love to their fellow man is to tell them the "Good News", as they believe the life that really matters is the afterlife.. not this one on Earth
One of the practices of Christianity that I despise
Trying to force their religion on others. My understanding of the faith is superior to yours. Very condescending

What if an atheist wanted to spread the word that your faith is senseless, God does not exist and Jesus was not reborn?

Just to save you

Last edited:
It's a bilk on people with a $68B price tag in the US alone.

As L. Ron Hubbard stated: If you want to make money, you don't write science fiction, you start a religion.

This is the job of Christians as stated by Jesus, so, if you wonder why many Christians are "pushing" their agenda, this is one reason why

The other reason is the 2nd greatest commandment, to love others. Realize, to a Christian, the best way to show love to their fellow man is to tell them the "Good News", as they believe the life that really matters is the afterlife.. not this one on Earth
Trying to force their religion on others. My understanding of the faith is superior to yours. Very condescending

What if an atheist wanted to spread the word that your faith is senseless, God does not exist and Jesus was not reborn?

Just to save you

Well if they believed that and I thought they had my best interests at heart, I would not be angry about it.
What matters is their intent. I'm just not that thin skinned I guess.

Atheists do that. They rent billboards, etc. to promote Atheism. But, most of all, they work very hard, and with much success, to censor Christian speech and otherwise oppress Christianity. Don't play stupid.

Atheists do that. They rent billboards, etc. to promote Atheism. But, most of all, they work very hard, and with much success, to censor Christian speech and otherwise oppress Christianity. Don't play stupid.

A tiny percentage
Most atheists just go about their lives keeping their feelings to themselves. It is only when religion is forced on them or their children that they complain
There are no atheist monuments in the town square

Just to save you

See it every day. Atheists don't inform like Christians do, they force people to comply with their beliefs or they will attempt to destroy your life.

Just ask David Green.

This is the job of Christians as stated by Jesus, so, if you wonder why many Christians ar "pushing" their agenda, this is one reason why

The other reason is the 2nd greatest commandment, too love others. Realize, to a Christian, the best way to show love to their fellow man is to tell the the "Good News", as the believe the life that really matters is the afterlife.. not this one on Earth
If Christians really believed in what Jesus did, they'd really have to hate you to not share the message.
What a profound thought... and accurate! But I think it is usually done slowly....thru others watching how you act, how you walk and how you talk....actions speak louder than words sometimes...and when you have earned the respect and love of others, they will be more ready to hear the message of, and from... God... that you have to tell them with more opened ears.

Just to save you

See it every day. Atheists don't inform like Christians do, they force people to comply with their beliefs or they will attempt to destroy your life.

Just ask David Green.
No...all atheists do is prevent you from forcing your beliefs on others

No atheist is requiring you to stand up and proclaim there is no God

Just to save you

Just ask David Green.

Yeah, tell that to a coach kneeling on a football field.

Just to save you

Just ask David Green.

Went right over your head

That coach kneeling on the field is encouraging players to kneel with him. Players trying to stay in the coaches good graces

You don't have coaches telling players there is no Jesus

Just to save you

Just ask David Green.

Went right over your head

That coach kneeling on the field is encouraging players to kneel with him. Players trying to stay in the coaches good graces

You don't have coaches telling players there is no Jesus
OMG - PEOPLE KNEELING!

Snowflake.

forcing your beliefs on others

how exactly does this happen? Even in the case of kneeling, people have a choice to no kneel. You could have the same coach admonish a player for talking about Jesus, is that ok too? If so, why?

Forum List

Back