Unbiased analysis of VP debate

Ryan was asked: "What will it take for the U.S. to invade Syria?" His response? "A threat to United States security." OK - good so far. Not what our neo-con friends would like to hear of course, but a good, moderate answer, nonetheless.

But the moderator pressed on: "We would never invade Syria for humanitarian reasons?" Ryan's response? A long, blank stare followed by a masterpiece of dancing around the question without answering it. Why? Because Romney clearly considers the United States to be the World Police, and would gladly invade any country in the world just for the sake of doing so.

Both sides have had slight edges here and there but the portion about our foreign policy and the future in Afghanistan, I think Biden absolutely destroyed Ryan and the Republican philosophy in.

I agree. Biden pushed self-sufficiency. His message basically was "If we continue to prop them up, they'll never take responsibility for themselves." Makes me wonder why that same "philosophy" isn't applied by the democrats in America.

Because what goes on in Middle Eastern countries is none of our business whereas the welfare of the American people is.

Both sides have had slight edges here and there but the portion about our foreign policy and the future in Afghanistan, I think Biden absolutely destroyed Ryan and the Republican philosophy in.

I agree. Biden pushed self-sufficiency. His message basically was "If we continue to prop them up, they'll never take responsibility for themselves." Makes me wonder why that same "philosophy" isn't applied by the democrats in America.

Because what goes on in Middle Eastern countries is none of our business whereas the welfare of the American people is.

I guess someone should have told that to the 3000+ men and women killed in 2001

An isolated criminal act by a small number of religious fanatics. NOT the act of an organized, sovereign nation. If it had been the latter, we would have been completely justified in declaring war on the country involved, invading them and wiping them off the face of the earth, if necessary. But that was not the case.

Let's not get off on that subject . . . this is a damn good thread on the topic of the debate.

It is.

You have just bought into Republican lies.

Republicans want the middle class to hate the poor, so they won't notice the rich walking away with all the money.
so you buy into the Democrats lies....how does that make you any different?....why do we never see Chris questioning what the Democrats say or do?.....as an INDEPENDENT Chris you should have lots of things to say about those people....but you defend everything said about them......dont be like that other guy who claims he is an Independent but he isnt.....come clean Chris....tell us the truth.....are you an Independent like you claimed in that poll.....or are you a Far Leftist like you show every time you post?.....:eusa_eh:

Perhaps Chris is just calling 'em as he/she sees 'em - ever consider that, Harry?

A real Independent is an Independent because for whatever reason they are fed up with BOTH Parties.....Chris identified himself as one.........he constantly bad mouths the Republicans....but NEVER and i mean NEVER has anything negative to say about the Democrats.....he stands with them in every thread here....even if he is an Independent that LEANS to the left.....i would think somewhere out there Chris would find something about them to bitch about.....AND i would think that out of everything the Republicans do or say that ONCE in a while Chris would find something he would be saying that he has no problem with them on this......i just want him,just like that other phony Dudley, to be honest with us here George.... you cannot be a Democrat and an Independent at the same time.....

I give the edge to Ryan over the Raddatz-Biden team, but the debate was close, if you listened to it on the radio.

However, on TV Ryan came out far ahead due to the smirks and laughing of Biden. Raddatz did better at attacking Ryan, but then was undercut by her partner, who would interrupt and smirk.

What most people will remember is Biden being an ass. I don't think this will swing the needle much, but it was far from a win for the Raddatz-Biden team.

I think Ryan won. Biden was very rude, aragant, condecending, and acted just like the ass clown he is. He also lied his ass off about the events surrounding the diplomat getting killed. I think he should be ashamed of himself.

BAD dog! BAD!! Now SIT and listen:

Obama got his ass handed to him because he was a wuss. Biden was not going to let the same thing happen to him - and he didn't. It was very clear from the start that he was not going to stand for the kind of treatment Romney was allowed to hand out to Obama. Every time the bull shit started from Ryan, Biden nipped it in the bud. Yes, he interrupted Ryan. Yes, he laughed at his lies in order to make it clear to the nation that Ryan was lying.

What about CONTENT? Which of the two candidates danced around the questions and which one came across as informed and factually accurate? No contest there.

Now LIE DOWN and DON'T BARK! ;)

I went into last night's debate wondering whether or not Romney would eliminate the home mortgage deduction if he is elected.

I am still wondering.

i would be more worried about the Gov. and company in our State doing that before Romney....

Ryan should have come out and stated flatly that they aren't going to eliminate that, it would have squashed Bidens momentum.

I actually think Ryans biggest mistake was not tossing out something concrete on their tax plan.

An isolated criminal act by a small number of religious fanatics. NOT the act of an organized, sovereign nation. If it had been the latter, we would have been completely justified in declaring war on the country involved, invading them and wiping them off the face of the earth, if necessary. But that was not the case.

Let's not get off on that subject . . . this is a damn good thread on the topic of the debate.

Like a true appeaser you call a act of war a criminal act....Why do you run out there and say your sorry for being a free person.

In 3 days nobody will remember what was said in this debate, but everyone will remember Biden's snickering and weird smiling. He blew it, and the post debate polls all show Ryan as the winner.

In 3 days nobody will remember what was said in this debate, but everyone will remember Biden's snickering and weird smiling. He blew it, and the post debate polls all show Ryan as the winner.

Yes, but by a very narrow margin.

Still, what you say is 100% true, people will remember Biden as the creepy one with inappropriate laughing and smirks.

Ryan should have come out and stated flatly that they aren't going to eliminate that,

He did.

Biden simply butted in and lied while Raddatz covered for him.

it would have squashed Bidens momentum.

If there had been a decent moderator, yes. But Raddatz allowed Biden to disrespectfully but in and walk all over Ryan's point.

I actually think Ryans biggest mistake was not tossing out something concrete on their tax plan.

I agree. When the Raddatz-Biden team asked for details, Ryan hemmed and hawed, opening himself up for the Raddatz-Biden team to ask if there actually WERE any details.

Ryan should have come out and stated flatly that they aren't going to eliminate that,

He did.

it would have squashed Bidens momentum.

If there had been a decent moderator, yes. But Raddatz allowed Biden to disrespectfully but in and walk all over Ryan's point.

I agree. When the Raddatz-Biden team asked for details, Ryan hemmed and hawed, opening himself up for the Raddatz-Biden team to ask if there actually WERE any details.

You don't get to whine that the moderator didn't intervene enough, when the 1st debate mod did the same thing and Romney crushed Obama.

He did.

You don't get to whine that the moderator didn't intervene enough, when the 1st debate mod did the same thing and Romney crushed Obama.

Bullshit....In the first debate the moderator allowed them to debate.....Shocked me but he didnt try and help the president like this Raddatz scumbag did for Biden.

Forum List

Back