Unbiased analysis of VP debate

You don't get to whine that the moderator didn't intervene enough, when the 1st debate mod did the same thing and Romney crushed Obama.

You said that Ryan should have stated that there was no revocation of the mortgage deduction. He did, he said exactly that. You may have missed it because Biden started talking over Ryan the second he answered.

Ryan stated that only the very wealthy would see the deduction end. Those who follow politics know this means mortgages over $1 million.

He did.

Biden simply butted in and lied while Raddatz covered for him.

If there had been a decent moderator, yes. But Raddatz allowed Biden to disrespectfully but in and walk all over Ryan's point.

I agree. When the Raddatz-Biden team asked for details, Ryan hemmed and hawed, opening himself up for the Raddatz-Biden team to ask if there actually WERE any details.

You don't get to whine that the moderator didn't intervene enough, when the 1st debate mod did the same thing and Romney crushed Obama.

Bullshit....In the first debate the moderator allowed them to debate.....Shocked me but he didnt try and help the president like this Raddatz scumbag did for Biden.

I actually agree that the mod helped Biden in certain instances. However she also allowed them to debate, and Biden tried to steamroll Ryan like Romney did Obama. It didn't work as well for Biden, but her not interfering is not a sign of "the MSM liberal BIAS!".

Bullshit....In the first debate the moderator allowed them to debate.....Shocked me but he didnt try and help the president like this Raddatz scumbag did for Biden.

I actually agree that the mod helped Biden in certain instances. However she also allowed them to debate, and Biden tried to steamroll Ryan like Romney did Obama. It didn't work as well for Biden, but her not interfering is not a sign of "the MSM liberal BIAS!".

No she didnt....You need to rewatch the debate.

Unbiased?

Polls show a solid Biden win. Even the CNN poll, once you adjust for the +8 Republican oversampling that CNN specifically admits to.

Democrats are energized. They loved Biden's fire.

Republicans are demoralized. Their leaders guaranteed them a glorious Ryan win, but kind of the opposite happened. Serious letdown, as illustrated by their whinefest here.

Even though few minds are going to be changed (being there are so few undecideds left), it's a solid Democratic win. Energized people go to the polls. And the media has been left unable to push the "Romney is unstoppable!" storyline that they so dearly want to keep pushing.

Unbiased?

Polls show a solid Biden win.

Which polls?

I've seen a slight edge to Ryan over the Raddatz-Biden team in every poll I've seen.

{A CNN survey of registered voters who watched the debate and had previously agreed to be interviewed found Paul Ryan the winner, 48 percent to 44 percent, but that was well within the survey's five percentage point margin of error. Respondents also said they thought Ryan communicated more clearly than Vice President Joe Biden, by a 50 percent to 41 percent margin, and that Ryan was more likable, 53 percent to 43 percent.}

So I guess you're just lying - being a partisan hack like you are.

Even the CNN poll, once you adjust for the +8 Republican oversampling that CNN specifically admits to.

Democrats are energized. They loved Biden's fire.

Republicans are demoralized. Their leaders guaranteed them a glorious Ryan win, but kind of the opposite happened. Serious letdown, as illustrated by their whinefest here.

Even though few minds are going to be changed (being there are so few undecideds left), it's a solid Democratic win. Energized people go to the polls. And the media has been left unable to push the "Romney is unstoppable!" storyline that they so dearly want to keep pushing.

You should lay off the vodka and paint chips.

I've seen a slight edge to Ryan over the Raddatz-Biden team in every poll I've seen.

Which is 1 poll that you quoted twice. Which oversampled Republicans by +8, by CNN's own own admission. Adjust for that, you have Biden +4.

Let's check some others:

CBS poll, Biden up 50-31
Poll: Biden takes debate over Ryan, uncommitted voters say - CBS News

NBC independent focus group in Virginia. Some independents shift to Obama, none shift to Romney.
Biden makes strong showing in focus group - Video on NBCNews.com

Various online polls could be quoted, but I won't, since they're all crap and they're all over the map, depending on who was stacking the poll.

Now, one could declare that undecided voters are morons, and I'd largely agree. Doesn't matter. Point is, they'll vote, and they liked Biden better.

You're so cute when you're butthurt.

Biden not only embarrassed himself, he embarrassed us all as Americans. Never have I seen a man which holds such a powerful office behave so poorly in a professional appearance. Internationally the people that viewed tonight's debate had to be shocked by Biden's demeanor and childish conduct. Not only did he make us all look bad as Americans he made his boss look like a fool on the world stage.

I guess you were tuned out during Romneys visit to London and Israel. Or his 47% fiasco. I always thought you guys did not care what people internationally thought about us?

No one expected Biden to get a knock-out. However I remember several people promising Ryan would crush Biden.

Biden did was he was supposed to, came out strong and dominated the debate, ryan did well but couldn't pull a win either.

You are pretty well alone in thinking the Raddatz-Biden team "dominated" the debate.

Lol, no I'm not.

I can find a dozen posts by conservatives on this site, complaining tha Biden interrupted too much, and was loud, abrasive and overbearing.

That's Biden dominating the debate. He had Ryan on the defensive, nearly the whole debate, and while some people are put off by Bidens attitude, he did what he set out to do, which was stop the Romney momentum.

Which is 1 poll that you quoted twice. Which oversampled Republicans by +8, by CNN's own own admission. Adjust for that, you have Biden +4.

Let's check some others:

CBS poll, Biden up 50-31

NBC independent focus group in Virginia. Some independents shift to Obama, none shift to Romney.

Various online polls could be quoted, but I won't, since they're all crap and they're all over the map, depending on who was stacking the poll.

Now, one could declare that undecided voters are morons, and I'd largely agree. Doesn't matter. Point is, they'll vote, and they liked Biden better.

Let's assume for a moment that you are correct and Biden "won" the debate.

Remember Lloyd Bensten? He annihilated Dan Quayle in the 1988 VP debate. Did that change anything? Nope, Mondale still went on to lose 426 to 111....an absolute thrashing.

Bottom line = VP debates do not matter. Even if Biden "won" (which I do not think is true) , it did not and will not help Obama. Only Obama can help Obama now. And that is going to be very difficult due to Obama's ACTUAL RECORD. "Hope and Change", "Forward" and other catchy slogans won't save him. His RECORD is all that matters now........:lol:

Biden did an excellent job. Based on compassion, facts and sincerity - I give him an A. He was the adult on stage.

Ryan did a poor job. Based on LACK OF compassion, facts and sincerity - I give him a D. He was the child on stage.

I thought the moderator was good (not great) - I give her a B. I thought she cheated Biden out of equal time, leaving Biden with little choice but to sometimes interrupt Ryan.

The opinion of partisan hack and a dime, is worth exactly 10 cents.

Moron.

Let's check some others:

CBS poll, Biden up 50-31

Let's assume for a moment that you are correct and Biden "won" the debate.

Remember Lloyd Bensten? He annihilated Dan Quayle in the 1988 VP debate. Did that change anything? Nope, Mondale still went on to lose 426 to 111....an absolute thrashing.

Bottom line = VP debates do not matter. Even if Biden "won" (which I do not think is true) , it did not and will not help Obama. Only Obama can help Obama now. And that is going to be very difficult due to Obama's ACTUAL RECORD. "Hope and Change", "Forward" and other catchy slogans won't save him. His RECORD is all that matters now........:lol:

So let's play that game. Mondale beat Reagan inthe first debate. Kerry beat Bush in the first debate.

No one expected Biden to get a knock-out. However I remember several people promising Ryan would crush Biden.

Biden did was he was supposed to, came out strong and dominated the debate, ryan did well but couldn't pull a win either.

You are pretty well alone in thinking the Raddatz-Biden team "dominated" the debate.

Lol, no I'm not.

I can find a dozen posts by conservatives on this site, complaining tha Biden interrupted too much, and was loud, abrasive and overbearing.

That's Biden dominating the debate. He had Ryan on the defensive, nearly the whole debate, and while some people are put off by Bidens attitude, he did what he set out to do, which was stop the Romney momentum.

Dominating ain't winning, sweetie. Perhaps if your messiah hadn't been stoned during the Romney/Obama debate, Biden wouldn't have had to go on and make a fucking prat of himself with his 'hard butt' stance. Even liberal friends of mine were embarrassed by him.

It is.

You have just bought into Republican lies.

Republicans want the middle class to hate the poor, so they won't notice the rich walking away with all the money.
so you buy into the Democrats lies....how does that make you any different?....why do we never see Chris questioning what the Democrats say or do?.....as an INDEPENDENT Chris you should have lots of things to say about those people....but you defend everything said about them......dont be like that other guy who claims he is an Independent but he isnt.....come clean Chris....tell us the truth.....are you an Independent like you claimed in that poll.....or are you a Far Leftist like you show every time you post?.....:eusa_eh:

Perhaps Chris is just calling 'em as he/she sees 'em - ever consider that, Harry?

Are you kidding? How long have you been here?

Forum List

Back