Unauthorized GW poem

Merlin1047

Mar 28, 2004
AL
I love GW's verbal foibles. The following is a poem put together from some of the President's tongue-trips.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/piehigher.asp

MAKE THE PIE HIGHER
by George W. Bush

I think we all agree, the past is over.
This is still a dangerous world.
It's a world of madmen and uncertainty
and potential mental losses.

Rarely is the question asked
Is our children learning?
Will the highways of the Internet become more few?
How many hands have I shaked?

They misunderestimate me.
I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity.
I know that the human being and the fish can coexist.
Families is where our nation finds hope, where our wings take dream.

Put food on your family!
Knock down the tollbooth!
Vulcanize society!
Make the pie higher! Make the pie higher!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I posted this for several reasons. One, I found it funny. Two, I wanted to dispute claims that conservatives have no sense of humor when that is in fact the characteristic of libs. Three I wanted to make the point that I would vastly prefer to have a president who is a good man but a poor speaker than to have a poor excuse for a man who is a good speaker.

It would seem that even rabid liberals should have learned, after eight years of Clintonian shenanigans that glibness is not an attribute to be preferred over honesty. But then again if they understood that, they wouldn't be libs. Liberals have a long history of preferring style over substance.

Look, I know everything thinks we can't take a joke, but we can. See? That's why I posted this, because I truly find it so amusing, and to prove to others that I do. I'M not the one without the sense of humor-- THEY are. And this post proves it. See? I can laugh at myself and my cohorts.

Having said that, I'm going to become defensive about my own joke. I don't care that its a valid indictment. I LIKE him. He's HONEST. YOUR guy isn't. See how funny I can be, even though I can't leave it at humor at have to frame it with why I think its funny and why you don't find it funny and why even though its funny its not bad... :poop:

nakedemperor said:
Look, I know everything thinks we can't take a joke, but we can. See? That's why I posted this, because I truly find it so amusing, and to prove to others that I do. I'M not the one without the sense of humor-- THEY are. And this post proves it. See? I can laugh at myself and my cohorts.

Having said that, I'm going to become defensive about my own joke. I don't care that its a valid indictment. I LIKE him. He's HONEST. YOUR guy isn't. See how funny I can be, even though I can't leave it at humor at have to frame it with why I think its funny and why you don't find it funny and why even though its funny its not bad... :poop:

Is it that time of the month, or are you always bitchy?

nakedemperor said:

Ignoring most of your babbling, I'll ask one question. What in the blue hell makes "your guy" honest? What has he done or said to make you post that in all caps? He stands there and says he's been clear and consistent, when the fact of the matter is the only thing he has been clear and consistent about is that he wants to be president. John Kerry is possibly the most DISHONEST candidate for President in my lifetime. He's scum and a worthless piece of shit.

But that's just my opinion.

Forum List

Back