Prepare For The Upcoming Democrat Civil War

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
liberals, moderates and conservatives please tell me how you feel, what you think, where i'm right and where i'm wrong. thank you.

I'll post a Republican version soon, but I'm going with the Dems next because it is a high probablity Bush will triumph on Nov. 2.

When John Kerry loses to George W. Bush on Election Day, he will likely be remembered as the worst Democratic presidential candidate in the party's modern history. With every major historical indicator leaning against Bush, Kerry will have failed miserably to lead the Democratic Party back into power. The beating his personal political legacy will take is nothing compared to the havoc his defeat will wreak on the Democratic Party.

The past two years has seen the resurgence of the left in America as a credible power broker. Led by George Soros and Howard Dean, the New Left is a political force that will demand a prominent voice in the Democratic Party, perhaps even more so than the Far Right (social/religious conservatives) in the GOP. They are organizing, educating and training an entire new generation of leftists across the nation, with consequences that will not be fully realized until a decade or more from now, much like the Far Right.

On the other side of the Democratic political spectrum, two main groups that occupy the center will either lean Republican or demand to retain leadership of the Democrats. Hawks who lean Democratic because of racial,social and economic issues may leave the party in droves for the ranks of the independents, or perhaps even the GOP. Blue collar voters who have traditionally voted Democrat will begin voting Republican (in the 2004 election as a start perhaps) because of security issues. This tilts the power balance even more to the New Left and the vanguard of the Old Left that will keep the new movement's seat warm until it is ready for full leadership (it may already be).

This would be the culmination of the 9/11 attacks and their legacy. A substantial number of Democratic voters could now lean to Republicans because of their fear of terrorism and their need for a strong, secure America. Republicans have the natural edge on these issues.

All this hinges on a Kerry loss, and will inevitably come down to a showdown between centrist Clintonistas (the Clintons and their allies) vs. the New/Old Left. Who is left to pick up the pieces is anyone's guess, but with the amount of sophistication and effort put into organizing and building the New Left, the smart money is on them.

You decide if a Democratic Party in the hands of a group who holds views only 10-20% of the nation's populace is a good thing. Right now, despite criticism, the party's views and polices are in perfect alignment with the nation's. A New Left victory will change that calculus. A Bush victory would guarantee that change. A Clintonista victory would make the Democrats a pale shadow of the Republican party, unable to mobilize substantial numbers on the left, and therefore, win many elections.

One last note... A John Kerry victory is not good news for the Democrats either. The civil war will not be as vicious, but it will be more bloodthirsty as greater power breeds greater envy and greed. The New Left will rightly claim credit for Kerry's victory, his centrist sponsors and staff ran one of the worst, most uninspiring campaigns ever. The New Left will want rewards in the form of power, positions and political say-so. The Democratic Party as it stands now is united only by its hatred of and concern/outrage over George Bush's policies and administration. Take away Bush and the unifying factor goes away... a political party in turmoil and open political warfare.

Republicans, enjoy. Your political dominance of America will be complete, either with a Bush victory in 2004 or a Kerry administration ravaged by internal conflict and jealousy. If Kerry won and went for reelection in 2008,it is highly doubtful that the liberal wing of the Democratic Party would be anywhere near as energized as it is today.

NATO AIR

Republicans can rejoice until I tell you why they're in for big trouble too... tomorrow.

With every major historical indicator leaning against Bush

Actually, most of the major indicators are for Bush. Despite the liberal reports, the economy is up, our enemies are being pounded, and Missouri is leaning Bush. Granted, liberals hate him with a passion, but they weren't voting for him, anyway, were they?

Missouri is BARELY leaning Bush. I think the only thing that is probable is that this election will be very, very close.

acludem

Eh, I hate to say it, but I'm starting to see it as a reverse of 2000, where Bush is leading in the popular vote by 8% according to some polls, but I think Kerry wins the electoral college when he wins Ohio.

theim said:
Eh, I hate to say it, but I'm starting to see it as a reverse of 2000, where Bush is leading in the popular vote by 8% according to some polls, but I think Kerry wins the electoral college when he wins Ohio.

time to break out the GOP black ops you used to have a sig for :teeth:
i bet the dems have already deployed their spec. political forces augment.

Forum List

Back