UnAmerican: Starbucks Pledges To Hire 10k Refugees In Response To Trump's Executive Order

Perfectly consistent with the Liberal mindset. Undocumented Muslim immigrant? Well go to the head of line!! Just step right over American citizens, they don't matter. I never buy Starbucks, I think it's overpriced and overrated.

And it tastes like shit!

upload_2017-1-30_13-37-57.png

Disney Defends Lawsuit Over Immigrants Replacing American Workers

Starbucks will end up doing the same thing.

I have never bought anything from a Star Bucks, but according to a buddy I have, I haven't missed anything. She says that their stuff is nasty!

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

You know, when Starbucks first came out, I was a fan, because I love coffee and was really stoked about all the different varieties that there are.

Then................I was transferred to Newport RI and learned about Dunkin Donuts coffee, and I was hooked.

Now? If something new is advertised and sounds good, I might go try it, but it has to be something that sounds really good, because their product is overpriced in my opinion.

And................buying a bag of Dunki Doh Dark Coffee is a hell of a lot cheaper at Wal Mart than it is buying a bag of dark roast from Starbucks.

I don't buy anything there anymore... got tired of waiting online for 10 minutes to get a black coffee while some Snowflake orders an iced. mocha choppa whoppa dooda with extra soymilk.
LOL. I refuse to pay that much for a cup of coffee but have received gift cards for Christmas (and given a few) so I know the "Starbucks" experience. Personally, as others have mentioned, Mickie D's or Dunkin' Donuts is just as good and cheaper. Of course, like you mentioned, I don't order the "mocha choppa whoppa dooda with extra soymilk", just a shot of cream and one Splenda.

As for the idea of Starbucks being "unAmerican", bullshit. It's just business and as most people here recognize, it's Liberal Gen X's and Millennials who are paying big bucks for their "mocha choppa whoppa dooda with extra soymilk", not conservative old farts like me. 10,000 newhires across the planet over 5 years is a pittance, pure PR and all business. Starbucks knows who their market is and they care catering to it. I doubt their stock will drop and if it does,not for long because business for them will pick up as Liberals flock to stand in line for 30 minutes to pay $4 for a cup of "mocha choppa whoppa dooda with extra soymilk".

God Bless America!

first i dont drink coffee.....sadly husband does..when he was in the hospital i went to starbucks....to get him a cup of coffee....they make it way too complex.....i just wanted a large cup of coffee with cream and sugar....o hell no....they yammer on about the names of the sizes then how they dont put the cream and sugar in the coffee..and point to a table....

remember when kids were farting on cheeseburgers and taking bites out of burgers before they left the drive thru window in the 80's? what will the refugees do to the coffee before we take them home with us?

remember when kids were farting on cheeseburgers and taking bites out of burgers before they left the drive thru window in the 80's? what will the refugees do to the coffee before we take them home with us?
Unless you are buying your coffee from a French or German Starbucks, I doubt you have anything to fear. OTOH, if you're like me, you're buying your coffee at McD's or DD's. Not for political reasons, but for simple price consciousness.

This may turn out to be a very bad PR move. I'm a stockholder in a few different companies and I get really irritated when the management decides to inject the company into politics.

Whelp --- if they were gonna take a side, considering the level of discontent out there they picked the right side.

Protests at more than thirty airports. And Rump has achieved majority disapproval ratings after ONE WEEK. Even Shrub took four and a half years to do that.

I saw a poll yesterday that said almost half of American agree with Trump's EO, so I don't necessarily agree picking any side was appropriate. At the end of the day, there was no reason for Starbucks to weigh in on this at all and if I were a shareholder I'd be pretty upset with them right now.

This may turn out to be a very bad PR move. I'm a stockholder in a few different companies and I get really irritated when the management decides to inject the company into politics.

Whelp --- if they were gonna take a side, considering the level of discontent out there they picked the right side.

Protests at more than thirty airports. And Rump has achieved majority disapproval ratings after ONE WEEK. Even Shrub took four and a half years to do that.

I saw a poll yesterday that said almost half of American agree with Trump's EO, so I don't necessarily agree picking any side was appropriate. At the end of the day, there was no reason for Starbucks to weigh in on this at all and if I were a shareholder I'd be pretty upset with them right now.

About what?

Forum List

Back