UN report on Gaza war likely to bolster international criminal court inquiry

The multi-national High-Level Military group was bought and paid for by the Israelis and consisted exclusively of members of the armed forces of the closest allies Israel has. In short it was a joke.
Many of which are on the payroll of "friends of Israel"

LINK
Here's the first one
RAFAEL BARDAJI
From 2004 to the present, he has served as the Senior Advisor to the former President of Spain, being also the Director for Foreign Policy at FAES Foundation in Madrid. He is a member of the Atlantic Council of the United States Strategic Advisory Group, and has recently been appointed senior research fellow at the Jerusalem Centre for Public Affairs. He is also an Advocate Member of the Bush Presidential Library.

Since its beginning in 2010 he has served as the Executive Director of The Friends of Israel Initiative, a global organization fighting the deligitimization of Israel.

Rafael Bardaji

AND ! ! ! ! ! Jealous because no muslim will ever get one of those posts. Does not make him biased without evidence.

The “High Level International Military Group” on Operation Protective Edge - See more at: The High Level International Military Group on Operation Protective Edge The Daily Dissident

It would have been nice had the AP reporter also written a few things about the “High Level International Military Group.” Like, for example, how “the project was sponsored by the Friends of Israel Initiative” and that most of the participants are on record as supporting the IDF before 2014. With the exception of Pierre Richard Prosper, not a single one of them has any experience in human rights. Many of them are experienced warriors, though.

It will be recalled that William Chabas, “the world expert on the law of genocide and international law” resigned from the HRC Commission on the Gaza Op because he had once taken a $1,300 fee from the PLO for legal advice. So one would expect that the Friends of Israel Initiative would bend over backwards to get impartial people to give the IDF a clean bill of goods. Wouldn’t that look better? I mean, maybe these guys are biased?

So here are some parts of the biographies of the High Level International Military Group left out by the Friends of Israel initiative.

Giulio Terzi – “former Foreign Minister of Italy,” and founding member of the Friends of Israel.

General Klaus Naumann – former Chief of Staff of the Bundeswehr and Chairman of the NATO Military Committee. As described by former military correspondent for Haaretz, Zev Schiff, in 2002, General Naumann “is known as a friend of Israel and of the Israel Defense Forces.”

General Vincenzo Camporini – former Chief of the Defense Staff of Italy

Admiral Jose Maria Teran – former Chief of the Joint Staff of Spain.

Ambassador Pierre-Richard Prosper – former US State Department Ambassador at Large for war crimes issues. Served under George W. Bush and recently as a Mitt Romney surrogate. A speaker against “Lawfare,” Haaretz wrote about him in 2002, “The United States ambassador-at-large for war crimes issues, Pierre-Richard Prosper, is Israel’s main ally in its battle against being transformed from accuser into accused.”

Mr Rafael Bardaji – former National Security Adviser for the Spanish government and member of the Friends of Israel Initiative.

Lieutenant General David A Deptula – former Standing Joint Force Air Component Commander, United States Pacific Command and senior adviser to the Gemunder Center at the rightwing Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (Jinsa).

Major General Jim Molan – former Chief of Operations, Headquarters Multi National Force, Iraq and Commander of the Australian Defence College and defender of Israel in Cast Lead against the Goldstone report.

Colonel Eduardo Ramirez – Member of Colombian Congress and former Chief of Security, Colombia.

Colonel Vincent Alcazar – former senior United States Air Force officer in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Colonel Richard Kemp – former Commander of British Forces in Afghanistan, defender of Israel after Cast Lead, and a member of the Friends of Israel initiative and defender of Israel in Cast Lead against the Goldstone report.

I want to make clear that I do not wish to cast aspersions on the gentlemen above, or their expertise in their fields. For whatever reason they are entitled to be loyal supporters of militaries and Israel.

- See more at: The High Level International Military Group on Operation Protective Edge The Daily Dissident

AND ! ! ! ! ! Jealous because no muslim will ever get one of those posts. Does not make them biased without evidence.

P F Tinmore, et al,

I see your point.

Do you have a link where the UN admits to employing terrorists or is this just a bullshit report?​

I don't believe they said that. It is my understanding that UNWRA does not designate Palestinian political parties as terrorists. That is just a name calling thing by Israel and its toadies. UNWRA may have admitted that they employ members of Hamas and the propaganda media changed that to employing terrorists to promote the agenda they are selling.

Remember the big media flap about Abbas saying that there will be no Jews in Palestine? What he actually said was that there would be no Israelis in Palestine. The propagandists changed that to no Jews to pimp their own agenda.

You see lies like that all over the place to dupe people into supporting Israel.
(COMMENT)

You are going to argue that HAMAS and TERRORIST are not interchangeable. It is my experience that pro-Jihadist and pro-Fedayeen will go to extreme lengths to defend against the tag "terrorist."

To end this now, I'm not playing that game.

(SIDE NOTE on the Topic of Human Shields)

HAMAS firing from the vicinity of the UN Shelters using the Shelter to screen and shield against counter-fire. This is a real short video (about 45 sec) on the Topic.
  1. A former UN Director in Gaza admits Hamas is using...
    A former UN Director in Gaza admits Hamas is using civilians as human shields - YouTubeCached
    A segment from a CBCnews interview (30/07/2014) with John Ging, The former Director of UNRWA Operations in Gaza.

Most Respectfully,
R

P F Tinmore, et al,

I see your point.

Do you have a link where the UN admits to employing terrorists or is this just a bullshit report?​

I don't believe they said that. It is my understanding that UNWRA does not designate Palestinian political parties as terrorists. That is just a name calling thing by Israel and its toadies. UNWRA may have admitted that they employ members of Hamas and the propaganda media changed that to employing terrorists to promote the agenda they are selling.

Remember the big media flap about Abbas saying that there will be no Jews in Palestine? What he actually said was that there would be no Israelis in Palestine. The propagandists changed that to no Jews to pimp their own agenda.

You see lies like that all over the place to dupe people into supporting Israel.
(COMMENT)

You are going to argue that HAMAS and TERRORIST are not interchangeable. It is my experience that pro-Jihadist and pro-Fedayeen will go to extreme lengths to defend against the tag "terrorist."

To end this now, I'm not playing that game.

(SIDE NOTE on the Topic of Human Shields)

HAMAS firing from the vicinity of the UN Shelters using the Shelter to screen and shield against counter-fire. This is a real short video (about 45 sec) on the Topic.
  1. A former UN Director in Gaza admits Hamas is using...
    A former UN Director in Gaza admits Hamas is using civilians as human shields - YouTubeCached
    A segment from a CBCnews interview (30/07/2014) with John Ging, The former Director of UNRWA Operations in Gaza.

Most Respectfully,
R

Based on what Mr. Ging actually said, it appears that the you tube you linked to may have been dubbed.

"UNITED NATIONS — A senior United Nations official on Thursday forcefully rebuffed suggestions that the organization’s lax security had allowed militants to use its facilities in Gaza as a weapons cache and expressed outrage that three of its schools had been hit by shelling in as many days this week, even though the Israeli military knew their precise locations.

John Ging, the director of operations for the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, said in an interview here that his organization had protested vigorously to both sides.

He added that the United Nations had given the Israeli military precise GPS locations of all 83 schools that were being used as shelters for 141,000 people who had fled their homes. On Tuesday, one school was hit, wounding one person. On Wednesday, another was hit, wounding five. On Thursday, 16 were killed, the majority women and children, at the school in Beit Hanoun."

“There is no justification for the loss of so many innocent civilian lives,” Mr. Ging said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/25/w...e-at-shelling-of-un-schools-in-gaza.html?_r=0

The “High Level International Military Group” on Operation Protective Edge - See more at: The High Level International Military Group on Operation Protective Edge The Daily Dissident

It would have been nice had the AP reporter also written a few things about the “High Level International Military Group.” Like, for example, how “the project was sponsored by the Friends of Israel Initiative” and that most of the participants are on record as supporting the IDF before 2014. With the exception of Pierre Richard Prosper, not a single one of them has any experience in human rights. Many of them are experienced warriors, though.

It will be recalled that William Chabas, “the world expert on the law of genocide and international law” resigned from the HRC Commission on the Gaza Op because he had once taken a $1,300 fee from the PLO for legal advice. So one would expect that the Friends of Israel Initiative would bend over backwards to get impartial people to give the IDF a clean bill of goods. Wouldn’t that look better? I mean, maybe these guys are biased?

So here are some parts of the biographies of the High Level International Military Group left out by the Friends of Israel initiative.

Giulio Terzi – “former Foreign Minister of Italy,” and founding member of the Friends of Israel.

General Klaus Naumann – former Chief of Staff of the Bundeswehr and Chairman of the NATO Military Committee. As described by former military correspondent for Haaretz, Zev Schiff, in 2002, General Naumann “is known as a friend of Israel and of the Israel Defense Forces.”

General Vincenzo Camporini – former Chief of the Defense Staff of Italy

Admiral Jose Maria Teran – former Chief of the Joint Staff of Spain.

Ambassador Pierre-Richard Prosper – former US State Department Ambassador at Large for war crimes issues. Served under George W. Bush and recently as a Mitt Romney surrogate. A speaker against “Lawfare,” Haaretz wrote about him in 2002, “The United States ambassador-at-large for war crimes issues, Pierre-Richard Prosper, is Israel’s main ally in its battle against being transformed from accuser into accused.”

Mr Rafael Bardaji – former National Security Adviser for the Spanish government and member of the Friends of Israel Initiative.

Lieutenant General David A Deptula – former Standing Joint Force Air Component Commander, United States Pacific Command and senior adviser to the Gemunder Center at the rightwing Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (Jinsa).

Major General Jim Molan – former Chief of Operations, Headquarters Multi National Force, Iraq and Commander of the Australian Defence College and defender of Israel in Cast Lead against the Goldstone report.

Colonel Eduardo Ramirez – Member of Colombian Congress and former Chief of Security, Colombia.

Colonel Vincent Alcazar – former senior United States Air Force officer in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Colonel Richard Kemp – former Commander of British Forces in Afghanistan, defender of Israel after Cast Lead, and a member of the Friends of Israel initiative and defender of Israel in Cast Lead against the Goldstone report.

I want to make clear that I do not wish to cast aspersions on the gentlemen above, or their expertise in their fields. For whatever reason they are entitled to be loyal supporters of militaries and Israel.

- See more at: The High Level International Military Group on Operation Protective Edge The Daily Dissident
UN Watch Statement, delivered by Col. Richard Kemp, October 16, 2009

UN Watch is an Israeli propaganda organization. Kemp reads Israel's script to the UN.

Fanger,

I take your word that as true when you essential say you are not engaged in some sort of ad hominem attack, and responding to arguments by attacking a person's character. I suggest that your suggestion is false --- but would be a popular concept among pro-Palestinians. This reinforces the emotion anti-Israeli beliefs and make deceptively bad arguments.

Your highlighted portions are telling:
  • Friends of Israel
  • is known as a friend of Israel and of the Israel Defense Forces.
  • Israel’s main ally
And the other comments are very revealing:
One should look at the overall commentary among the professional military types and make your judgement on not how their friends are, but the content of what they say.

The U.N.’s Israel Inquisition
Another skewed report that blames the Jewish state for war crimes.
Wall Street Journal 24 June 2015

U.N. reports on Israel sometimes remind us of the classic Monty Python sketch “Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!” with its screwball combination of comic ineptitude and malignant predictability. So it is with Monday’s inquisition, “Inquiry”—by the U.N. Human Rights Council on last summer’s war between Israel and its terrorist enemies in Gaza.

The 183-page report, from former New York state Justice Mary McGowan Davis and Senegalese lawyer Doudou Diene, purports to be even-handed by citing both Israel and Hamas for possible war crimes and violations of international law. That’s something of an achievement for the Council, which has a lopsided record of condemning Israel and whose current members include Qatar, Russia and Venezuela.

Yet the report is fundamentally an anti-Israel document. The bias begins with a preposterous claim that Israel continues to “occupy” Gaza, despite its 2005 withdrawal, on the theory that Israel has the capacity “to send troops within a reasonable time to make its power felt.” By that standard, the U.S. occupies Canada and the Bahamas.

US: The UN Report on Israel War Crimes will not Go to Security Council
The Peninsula Qatar 24 June 2015
"We’re certainly going to read it, as we read all UN reports, but we challenge the very foundation upon which this report was written," Kirby said at a State Department briefing. "We reject the basis under which this particular commission of inquiry was established because of the very clear bias against Israel in it."

Huntley: The latest bit of nonsense from the U.N. on Israel
Chicago Sun Times 24 June 2015
Another day, another U.N. Human Rights Council report condemning Israel. This document, produced for an organization notorious for aiming half of its nation-based resolutions at the Jewish state, accused Israel of violating international law during the 2014 war in the Gaza Strip.

The U.N.’s Gaza Report Is Flawed and Dangerous
New York Time 24 June 2015
The report starts by attributing responsibility for the conflict to Israel’s “protracted occupation of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip,” as well as the blockade of Gaza. Israel withdrew from Gaza 10 years ago. In 2007 it imposed a selective blockade only in response to attacks by Hamas and the import of munitions and military matériel from Iran. The conflict last summer, which began with a dramatic escalation in rocket attacks targeting Israeli civilians, was a continuation of Hamas’s war of aggression.
This only further compromises the integrity of the UN Human Rights Commission. And may actually support, more than detract, the position that the now held by Palestinian factions.

Most Respectfully,
R

P F TINMORE et al,

I always provide a link to the source or give a reference to some work and author. I generally set links off in BLUE as is the standard convention. I think I the article was highlighted in BLUE.

U.N. Agency That Runs School Hit in Gaza Employed Hamas and Islamic Jihad Members Fox News
The United Nations agency that administers a school in Gaza where dozens of civilians were killed by Israeli mortar fire last week has admitted to employing terrorists to work at its Palestinian schools in the past,...​

Do you have a link where the UN admits to employing terrorists or is this just a bullshit report?

The link is just Fox News say so. No source is mentioned and there is nothing in quotes.
(COMMENT)

The link I provided was to a Fox New Article:

The article implies that you can be in HAMAS and work for the UNRWA. And HAMAS has a long standing policy of involving teachers.

It is necessary that scientists, educators and teachers, information and media people, as well as the educated masses, especially the youth and sheikhs of the Islamic movements, should take part in the operation of awakening (the masses).
SOURCE: Article 15, HAMAS Covenant

Sometimes I just let the Headline and link intro speak for itself.

• Hamas Rejects UN Textbooks for Teaching Non-Violence ...
    matzav.com/hamas-rejects-un-textbooks-for-teaching-non-violence
    The Hamas government in Gaza accused UNRWA on Tuesday of unlawfully printing and disseminating school textbooks dealing with human rights in a way that offends ...
Most Respectfully,
R
Look at the way I worded the question.

So this would mean that those Palestinians demanding the right of return to Israel would not be allowed to live in Palestine as they would automatically become Isrtaeli's. Or will you accept that he used the term Israeli instead of Jew for political reasons
Excellent question.

In international law, when a state is dissolved and new states are established, “the population follows the change of sovereignty in matters of nationality.”5 As a rule, therefore, citizens of the former state should automatically acquire the nationality of the successor state in which they had already been residing.

Nationality constitutes a legal bond that connects individuals with a specific territory, making them citizens of that territory.

Genesis of Citizenship in Palestine and Israel

That said, the Palestinians who normally lived in the territory that became Israel would automatically become citizens of Israel. This would include refugees. The return of refugees is not a question of immigration. It is returning to their place of citizenship.

There are two views on this.

The view of the "west" is that Israel is a legitimate state that was legally established in historic Palestine making the above applicable.

The view of the "east" is that Israel is an occupation of historic Palestine where the Palestinians would still be Palestinian citizens.

Either way the refugees have the right to return to their place of citizenship.

montelatici, P F Tinmore, et al,

WOW! I just don't know how to respond to this.

UN Watch is an Israeli propaganda organization. Kemp reads Israel's script to the UN.
Based on what Mr. Ging actually said, it appears that the you tube you linked to may have been dubbed.
(COMMENT)

COL Richard Kemp, CBE (Most Excellent Order of the British Empire) for chivalry in the service of British democracy; --- he is his own man. And the CBC/Canada News Video is 100% authentic. The CBC News is one of the worlds most respected news source.

No one scripts COL Kemp and no one subverts CBCNews.

Mr Ging can criticize the Israeli inflicted civilian casualty rate, and still confirm that HAMAS was launch rockets and mortars in close proximity of these UN Shelters. They are entirely different and unrelated matters.

Most Respectfully,
R

Fanger,

I take your word that as true when you essential say you are not engaged in some sort of ad hominem attack, and responding to arguments by attacking a person's character. I suggest that your suggestion is false --- but would be a popular concept among pro-Palestinians. This reinforces the emotion anti-Israeli beliefs and make deceptively bad arguments.

Your highlighted portions are telling:
  • Friends of Israel
  • is known as a friend of Israel and of the Israel Defense Forces.
  • Israel’s main ally
And the other comments are very revealing:
One should look at the overall commentary among the professional military types and make your judgement on not how their friends are, but the content of what they say.

The U.N.’s Israel Inquisition
Another skewed report that blames the Jewish state for war crimes.
Wall Street Journal 24 June 2015

U.N. reports on Israel sometimes remind us of the classic Monty Python sketch “Nobody Expects the Spanish Inquisition!” with its screwball combination of comic ineptitude and malignant predictability. So it is with Monday’s inquisition, “Inquiry”—by the U.N. Human Rights Council on last summer’s war between Israel and its terrorist enemies in Gaza.

The 183-page report, from former New York state Justice Mary McGowan Davis and Senegalese lawyer Doudou Diene, purports to be even-handed by citing both Israel and Hamas for possible war crimes and violations of international law. That’s something of an achievement for the Council, which has a lopsided record of condemning Israel and whose current members include Qatar, Russia and Venezuela.

Yet the report is fundamentally an anti-Israel document. The bias begins with a preposterous claim that Israel continues to “occupy” Gaza, despite its 2005 withdrawal, on the theory that Israel has the capacity “to send troops within a reasonable time to make its power felt.” By that standard, the U.S. occupies Canada and the Bahamas.

US: The UN Report on Israel War Crimes will not Go to Security Council
The Peninsula Qatar 24 June 2015
"We’re certainly going to read it, as we read all UN reports, but we challenge the very foundation upon which this report was written," Kirby said at a State Department briefing. "We reject the basis under which this particular commission of inquiry was established because of the very clear bias against Israel in it."

Huntley: The latest bit of nonsense from the U.N. on Israel
Chicago Sun Times 24 June 2015
Another day, another U.N. Human Rights Council report condemning Israel. This document, produced for an organization notorious for aiming half of its nation-based resolutions at the Jewish state, accused Israel of violating international law during the 2014 war in the Gaza Strip.

The U.N.’s Gaza Report Is Flawed and Dangerous
New York Time 24 June 2015
The report starts by attributing responsibility for the conflict to Israel’s “protracted occupation of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip,” as well as the blockade of Gaza. Israel withdrew from Gaza 10 years ago. In 2007 it imposed a selective blockade only in response to attacks by Hamas and the import of munitions and military matériel from Iran. The conflict last summer, which began with a dramatic escalation in rocket attacks targeting Israeli civilians, was a continuation of Hamas’s war of aggression.
This only further compromises the integrity of the UN Human Rights Commission. And may actually support, more than detract, the position that the now held by Palestinian factions.

Most Respectfully,
R

(COMMENT)

COL Richard Kemp, CBE (Most Excellent Order of the British Empire) for chivalry in the service of British democracy; --- he is his own man. And the CBC/Canada News Video is 100% authentic. The CBC News is one of the worlds most respected news source.

Mr Ging can criticize the Israeli inflicted civilian casualty rate, and still confirm that HAMAS was launch rockets and mortars in close proximity of these UN Shelters. They are entirely different and unrelated matters.

Most Respectfully,
R
But everyone reads off the same script.

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Kemp was not the former UN official nor was he in Gaza. Ging was.

P F Tinmore, et al,

There is no single "script." Each individual should be able to systematically look at the chain of events and the evidence as it is presented and draw their own conclusions.

Israel is not always right (but then who is). Israel does not always exercise sound and valid judgments (but then who does). During the course and duration of the Arab-Israeli War (however we define that) it is clear that a Israel has a developing and superior military force in comparison to it historical opponents. The (what they call a) Qualitative Military Edge (QME) is what allows Israel to inflict a string of successive and decisive victories over their historical opponents; even though Israel is usually out-numbered by a considerable margin. And, Israel usually has to engage the hostile Arab Aggressor with the forward edge of battle along a 260º arc --- from as many as five individual armies. Having successfully defended it sovereign integrity and citizenry from advancing aggressors in three major conflicts, there are still segments of the Arab Community that have not come to terms with the physical reality of State of Israel.
(COMMENT)

I often hear, both on this forum and elsewhere, that if: Israel lifts the Blockade and withdraws its settlements and forces from the West Bank, the conflict will end. Israel tested that theory in 2005 when they withdrew from the Gaza Strip. At that time, there was NO BLOCKADE. (I know that there are people who believe that there was always a Blockade around Gaza. That is not true.)

The 2005 (12 September) Israel disengagement operation (Operation Shevet Ahim) included the withdrawal of all Israeli Forces, the evacuation of settlers, and dismantlement of of the infrastructure. It marked the end of the "Effective Control of the Gaza Strip.

Right on the heels of the Disengagement (Completed 12 September 2005); within hour of the withdrawal, Palestinian Militants began firing rocket into Israel from Gaza, and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) from Gaza effect the Hadera Market bombing (October 26) and the second HaSharon Mall suicide bombing (5 December). Then there was the first PIJ bomb attack on the Rosh Ha'ir restaurant (19 January 2006) followed by a second coordinated attack on the same Rosh Ha'ir restaurant (17 April 2006) carried-out by the PIJ and the al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades (the Military Wing of West Bank Fatah).

35227-c8b22b8d2bc3c2097b991cc972f439ba.jpg

The lesson did not go unnoticed. If you give the Hostile Arab Palestinian (HoAP) unrestrained freedom, it only allows HoAP better access to reconstitute a better equipped terrorist force. After disengagement, Rocket attacks increase. In 2007, a few thousand rockets and mortars had been launched into Israel, and HAMAS took control of the Gaza Strip; both Egypt and Israel closed their respective borders. Under the Oslo Accord, Israel is responsible for the security control over Gaza; including airspace and coastal waters.

The security containment of the Gaza Strip was an important factor in reducing hostile HAMAS activity against Israel; the security measures reflect the countermeasure to terrorist activity. As containment became more mature and effective and with the positive outcomes of Operation Cast Lead (27 December 2008 – 18 January 2009); by 2009 rockets hostile rocket fire into Israel dropped from 3,278 before the operation to 774 rocket launches in 2009. That represented a reduction of well over 75%.

As I look over this, I am compelled to remind you that security successes and the reduction in attacks is not due to a sign factor; but, the cocktail of factor that together form a strategic strategy.

Most Respectfully,
R

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 7.16.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-25 at 7.16.05 PM.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 50
The Palestinians have every right to be hostile, Rocco. Your cute little HoAP nomenclature just demonstrates your childishness vis-a-vis the Israeli Jew dispossession and oppression of a people.

montelatici, et al,

I never said thought he was.

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

Kemp was not the former UN official nor was he in Gaza. Ging was.
(COMMENT)

I'm not sure who you think made that mistake. But you are correct.

vr,
R

P F Tinmore, et al,

There is no single "script." Each individual should be able to systematically look at the chain of events and the evidence as it is presented and draw their own conclusions.

Israel is not always right (but then who is). Israel does not always exercise sound and valid judgments (but then who does). During the course and duration of the Arab-Israeli War (however we define that) it is clear that a Israel has a developing and superior military force in comparison to it historical opponents. The (what they call a) Qualitative Military Edge (QME) is what allows Israel to inflict a string of successive and decisive victories over their historical opponents; even though Israel is usually out-numbered by a considerable margin. And, Israel usually has to engage the hostile Arab Aggressor with the forward edge of battle along a 260º arc --- from as many as five individual armies. Having successfully defended it sovereign integrity and citizenry from advancing aggressors in three major conflicts, there are still segments of the Arab Community that have not come to terms with the physical reality of State of Israel.
(COMMENT)

I often hear, both on this forum and elsewhere, that if: Israel lifts the Blockade and withdraws its settlements and forces from the West Bank, the conflict will end. Israel tested that theory in 2005 when they withdrew from the Gaza Strip. At that time, there was NO BLOCKADE. (I know that there are people who believe that there was always a Blockade around Gaza. That is not true.)

The 2005 (12 September) Israel disengagement operation (Operation Shevet Ahim) included the withdrawal of all Israeli Forces, the evacuation of settlers, and dismantlement of of the infrastructure. It marked the end of the "Effective Control of the Gaza Strip.

Right on the heels of the Disengagement (Completed 12 September 2005); within hour of the withdrawal, Palestinian Militants began firing rocket into Israel from Gaza, and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) from Gaza effect the Hadera Market bombing (October 26) and the second HaSharon Mall suicide bombing (5 December). Then there was the first PIJ bomb attack on the Rosh Ha'ir restaurant (19 January 2006) followed by a second coordinated attack on the same Rosh Ha'ir restaurant (17 April 2006) carried-out by the PIJ and the al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades (the Military Wing of West Bank Fatah).

35227-c8b22b8d2bc3c2097b991cc972f439ba.jpg

The lesson did not go unnoticed. If you give the Hostile Arab Palestinian (HoAP) unrestrained freedom, it only allows HoAP better access to reconstitute a better equipped terrorist force. After disengagement, Rocket attacks increase. In 2007, a few thousand rockets and mortars had been launched into Israel, and HAMAS took control of the Gaza Strip; both Egypt and Israel closed their respective borders. Under the Oslo Accord, Israel is responsible for the security control over Gaza; including airspace and coastal waters.

The security containment of the Gaza Strip was an important factor in reducing hostile HAMAS activity against Israel; the security measures reflect the countermeasure to terrorist activity. As containment became more mature and effective and with the positive outcomes of Operation Cast Lead (27 December 2008 – 18 January 2009); by 2009 rockets hostile rocket fire into Israel dropped from 3,278 before the operation to 774 rocket launches in 2009. That represented a reduction of well over 75%.

As I look over this, I am compelled to remind you that security successes and the reduction in attacks is not due to a sign factor; but, the cocktail of factor that together form a strategic strategy.

Most Respectfully,
R
As usual you give the Israeli only perspective. You need to get off that narrow path and expand your knowledge.

The Jew haters have something to feed their hate.

The non Jew haters know it's nonsense.

montelatici, et al,

Here is where we differ.

The Palestinians have every right to be hostile, Rocco.
(COMMENT)

I don't necessarily disagree. It is a matter of magnitude and intensity.

You see the Palestinians as oppressed and occupied. I'm not even sure that technically either is an applicable description. But International Law has not caught-up with that yet. I see the Palestinian as a contained hostile criminal element and a subversive and dangerous armed terrorist under the false flag of freedom fighter.

There is absolutely NO Question that the applicable path for the Palestinian to follow is:

Excerpt from: Resolution adopted by the General Assembly 2625 (XXV) ---- (A/RES/25/2625 24 October1970)
Declaration on Principles of International Law concerning Friendly Relations and Co-operation among States in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations​

Considering that the progressive development and codification of the following principles:
  1. The principle that States shall refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any State, or in any other manner inconsistent with the purposes of the United Nations,

2. The principle that States shall settle their international disputes by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security and justice are not endangered,

3. The duty not to intervene in matters within the domestic jurisdiction of any State, in accordance with the Charter,

4. The duty of States to co-operate with one another in accordance with the Charter,

5. The principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples,

6. The principle of sovereign equality of States,

7. The principle that States shall fulfil in good faith the obligations assumed by them in accordance with the Charter,
Every State has the duty to refrain from the threat or use of force to violate the existing international boundaries of another State or as a means of solving international disputes, including territorial disputes and problems concerning frontiers of States.
  • I do not believe that the Arab-Palestinian has ever pursued peace. It is the case that in 1967, Israel never invaded Palestinian Territory:
    • In the case of the West Bank the territory was sovereign to Jordan and the dispute resolve by treaty.
    • In the case of the Gaza Strip the territory was under the Administration of the All Palestine Government, dissolve in 1959, and was succeeded by an Egyptian Military Governorship; the dispute resolved by treaty.
Your cute little HoAP nomenclature just demonstrates your childishness vis-a-vis the Israeli Jew dispossession and oppression of a people.
(COMMENT)

It is a very standard writing rule. Spell it out the first time, with the acronym in parenthesis immediately afterwards. There after just use the acronym.

Example for formal/professional writing:

First use: The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI or F.B.I.) is driven by intelligence gathering to enforce the law and provide national security.

Second use: The FBI has existed for more than 100 years​

EXCERPT Initialisms and Acronyms said:
And when do you use an acronym or an initialism, when do you spell it out, and when do you do both? In more formal writing, the standard approach is to introduce an agency, organization, or some other entity that uses such an abbreviation, or abbreviations of terminology, by spelling out the name on first reference.

If a subsequent reference (called, in publishing, the second reference, no matter how many times it is repeated) appears in proximity — say, the same paragraph — and few, if any, other abbreviations appear in the interim, simply use the abbreviation thereafter.

However, if the next usage is farther away, it’s best to insert the abbreviation in parentheses immediately after the spelled-out reference to establish an association in the reader’s mind when it’s not supported by proximal use of the abbreviation. If the abbreviation is not mentioned again for some time, or it appears only up to a handful of times, spelling it out again (perhaps every time) is a good idea. Depending on the term and the publication, however, the hand-holding parenthesis may be unnecessary.
SOURCE: Daily Writing Tips by Mark Nichol

Most Respectfully,
R

There is an overriding principle that expulsion of a native population to promote the colonization of the land that the native people lived on is a crime.

montelatici,

You will have to point it out to me. I don't see where I said anything like that.

Go look upthread and you can see if you feel like it.
(REFERENCE)

How the UN endangers the West
As Col. Richard Kemp, who gave a comprehensive briefing on his perception of the operations of the Israel Defense Forces to the U.N. Human Rights Council for the purpose of its report, mentioned in an interview with Israel Hayom last month, the U.N. Commission of Inquiry on the 2014 Gaza Conflict readily admitted to him that "they have no military experience or knowledge."
Israel Hayom · 6/15/2015

(COMMENT)

COL Kemp has given a number of presentation to various UN activities. But Id on't recall saying that he worked for the UN or that he was in Gaza. If I did, I was wrong.

vr.
R

Forum List

Back