UN report on Gaza war likely to bolster international criminal court inquiry

montelatici

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2014
"The UN’s inquiry into the 2014 Gaza war issues a rallying call for suspected war criminals “at all levels of the political and military establishments” to be brought to justice, but as the report itself wearily concedes, that is unlikely to happen soon.

However, the report is likely to bolster the international criminal court’spreliminary examination of last summer’s conflict, increasing the likelihood that a full investigation will eventually follow. "

UN report on Gaza war likely to bolster international criminal court inquiry World news The Guardian

"The UN’s inquiry into the 2014 Gaza war issues a rallying call for suspected war criminals “at all levels of the political and military establishments” to be brought to justice, but as the report itself wearily concedes, that is unlikely to happen soon.

However, the report is likely to bolster the international criminal court’spreliminary examination of last summer’s conflict, increasing the likelihood that a full investigation will eventually follow. "

UN report on Gaza war likely to bolster international criminal court inquiry World news The Guardian

Isn't it fascinating, as shown in your article, how the Palestinians start a conflict with Israel, Israel retaliates & then the Pali's & their supporters bitch about how many more dead Palestinians there are than Israeli's? It's called Palestinian mentality!

Isn't it fascinating, as shown in your article, how the Palestinians start a conflict with Israel, Israel retaliates & then the Pali's & their supporters bitch about how many more dead Palestinians there are than Israeli's? It's called Palestinian mentality!

Where does it show in the article "how the Palestinians start a conflict". It says no such thing you lying propagandist.

The conflict started when the European Jews began their quest to settle Palestine and evict the inhabitants that were living their.

Regardless of who started what, or who provoked who, the fundamental question is one of proportionality.

Example 1: I shoot a rocket in your general direction (no harm done) You send a drone or a helicopter and destroy my missile launcher (maybe kill or injure me or my friends). That's a proportional response and no-one bats an eyelid, because if I'm injured as a result of my actions, that's just tough, I shouldn't have shot the rocket in the first place unless I was prepared to take the risk of being injured or killed by return fire.

Example 2: I shoot a rocket in your general direction (no real harm done) You send artillery, missiles and airstrikes that decimate and demolish my entire neighbourhood, slaughter hundreds of innocent people at a time, if not thousands, and force thousands of others to seek refuge wherever they can, then launch a ground invasion, that's a disproportionate response and at the very least a crime against humanity, if not an act of genocide. This is why people get upset, the world considers the "rabid dog" response to be a bit passé in the 21st century and is beginning to have serious concerns about your mental state.

Regardless of who started what, or who provoked who, the fundamental question is one of proportionality.

Example 1: I shoot a rocket in your general direction (no harm done) You send a drone or a helicopter and destroy my missile launcher (maybe kill or injure me or my friends). That's a proportional response and no-one bats an eyelid, because if I'm injured as a result of my actions, that's just tough, I shouldn't have shot the rocket in the first place unless I was prepared to take the risk of being injured or killed by return fire.

Example 2: I shoot a rocket in your general direction (no real harm done) You send artillery, missiles and airstrikes that decimate and demolish my entire neighbourhood, slaughter hundreds of innocent people at a time, if not thousands, and force thousands of others to seek refuge wherever they can, then launch a ground invasion, that's a disproportionate response and at the very least a crime against humanity, if not an act of genocide. This is why people get upset, the world considers the "rabid dog" response to be a bit passé in the 21st century and is beginning to have serious concerns about your mental state.

Terrorists do not deserve a proportionate response.
Add to that the fact that the terrorists launch from civilian areas
making a proportionate response impossible.

This is why people get upset

The people who get upset are idiots or terror supporters.

I shoot a rocket in your general direction (no real harm done)

If the rocket kills a couple of dozen children, then can the launching neighborhood be demolished?

No harm done? Asshole!

If the rocket kills a couple of dozen children, then can the launching neighborhood be demolished?

No harm done? Asshole!
how many israelis have died in the last year or so from rocket attacks?

are the rocket attacks not a response to irsaeli attacks? i don't know, but you're making it seem that retaliation should have no limit. seems you could use that logic to easily justify rocket attacks. or are you saying only israel has the right to retaliate?

No harm done? Asshole!

Terrorists get free shots until they kill people?

Then the Israelis can respond? Fuck you!

No harm done? Asshole!

so retaliation on the part of palestinians for the deaths, destruction, and imprisonments brought about at the hands of israel is not okay, but killing hundreds in response to rocket attacks that killed no one is perfectly fine?

Truly, based on the death toll the Palestinians need to learn the first law of the hole. When you're already in one ---stop digging!

Truly, based on the death toll the Palestinians need to learn the first law of the hole. When you're already in one ---stop digging!

That's what the white-South Africans, the Rhodesians and the French in Algeria (and their supporters) would say. Amazing how those with a racist mindset never change.

That's what the white-South Africans, the Rhodesians and the French in Algeria (and their supporters) would say. Amazing how those with a racist mindset never change.

Hey look, you want more dead Palestinians, just pray they keep on with their current agenda to annihilate Israel.

BULLSHIT as there is not just one rocket launcher but 50 or more scattered around a large civilian area and Israel is taking them all out. So it is not disproportionate at all and it is not genocide. It is the neo Marxists mental state that people are questioning because of what they did to 12 year old schoolgirls in their 14 year reign. No wonder they lost so badly in the election last month in the North of England.

No harm done? Asshole!

so retaliation on the part of palestinians for the deaths, destruction, and imprisonments brought about at the hands of israel is not okay, but killing hundreds in response to rocket attacks that killed no one is perfectly fine?

Don't poke the bear. When you do, don't be a pussy and whine about it.

Right, I forgot, Arabs are pussies.

No harm done? Asshole!

are the rocket attacks not a response to irsaeli attacks? i don't know, but you're making it seem that retaliation should have no limit. seems you could use that logic to easily justify rocket attacks. or are you saying only israel has the right to retaliate?

Irrelevant as the rockets are illegal weapons of terrorism.

No because they started when Israel had no troops in gaza and there was no blockade. So no attacks by Israel and it took 9 months before the Palestinians could justify the constant rocket bombardments. 2,000 rockets fired before Israel took action and it ended in gaza being badly damaged and the loss of 1500 Palestinians. Then last year over 200 rockets and the murders of 3 Israel boys sparked a similar response that resulted on more of gaza being flattened and 2000 dead Palestinians. A perfectly reasonable response to terrorist attacks don't you think ?

No harm done? Asshole!

Responding to terrorism that results in deaths is an acceptable fact of life. If the Palestinians stiopped the terrorism, violence and belligerence then there would be no arrests, no destruction and no deaths, is that such a hard concept to understand.

No harm done? Asshole!

Responding to terrorism that results in deaths is an acceptable fact of life. If the Palestinians stiopped the terrorism, violence and belligerence then there would be no arrests, no destruction and no deaths, is that such a hard concept to understand.
you're right. they should take their subjugation lying down.

NO THEY SHOULD STOP COMMITTING SUICIDE AND START LIVING

Hey look, you want more dead Palestinians, just pray they keep on with their current agenda to annihilate Israel.
Current agenda? That agenda was taken off the board over a decade ago, keep up.

Current agenda? That agenda was taken off the board over a decade ago, keep up.

LINK ?

No harm done? Asshole!

Irrelevant as the rockets are illegal weapons of terrorism.

No because they started when Israel had no troops in gaza and there was no blockade. So no attacks by Israel and it took 9 months before the Palestinians could justify the constant rocket bombardments. 2,000 rockets fired before Israel took action and it ended in gaza being badly damaged and the loss of 1500 Palestinians. Then last year over 200 rockets and the murders of 3 Israel boys sparked a similar response that resulted on more of gaza being flattened and 2000 dead Palestinians. A perfectly reasonable response to terrorist attacks don't you think ?
you're oversimplifying. the grievances aren't recent, and pretending you can pin the start of the conflict solely on the palestinians is asinine.

that said, they have a lot more to retaliate for these days than israel does. what of the palestinians arrested and held, how about the homes knocked over, the murders at the hands of israelis? does that not warrant retaliation?

you're never going to be able to get everyone to agree on who started it. that's kindergarten bullshit anyhow. if there will ever be peace israel will have to learn to respond appropriately.

Forum List

Back