UN report on Gaza war likely to bolster international criminal court inquiry

montelatici, et al,

Mmmm! Yes, I understand the newspaper article --- and its significants. The colony started well before 1899.

1. The Palestinians were expelled.

"“There is no evidence to show that the Arab states and the AHC wanted a mass exodus or issued blanket orders or appeals to the Palestinians to flee their homes (though in certain areas the inhabitants of specific villages were ordered by Arab commanders or the AHC to leave, mainly for strategic reasons).” ("The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem", p. 129). On the contrary, anyone who fled was actually threatened with “severe punishment”. As for the broadcasts by Arab radio stations allegedly calling on people to flee, a detailed listening to recordings of their programmes of that period shows that the claims were invented for pure propaganda.

The expulsion of the Palestinians re-examined - Le Monde diplomatique - English edition

2. Israel is a self-described (by the Zionists themselves) colonial project. As early as 1899 it was a colonial project. (The United States is country and was a colonial project.)

New York Times June 19, 1899

nyt.jpg

nyt2.jpg

Zionists planned to colonize Palestine in 1899 NY Times
(COMMENT)

"I doubt that the Israeli dream would have been realized if the farm school of Mikveh Israel had not existed."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- David Ben-Gurion, First Prime Minister of Israel
You have your timeline screwed-up.

The territory was still under the Ottoman Empire when in 1870, the Sultan allocated land (East of Jaffa) for the establishment of Agricultural College; known as "Alliance Israelite Universelle" (AIU). AIU was first Established in Paris in 1860, aimed at the unification of Jews, the defense of their political and social rights, and the combating of anti-Semitism. It should be noted that AIU was the first worldwide Jewish organization, pre-dating the World Zionist Organization.

The Alliance had three major aim:
  • "(a) To work everywhere for the emancipation and moral progress of the Jews.
  • "(b) To give effectual support to those who are suffering persecution because they are Jews.
  • "(c) To encourage all publications calculated to promote these ends."
Sultan Abdul Aziz, wanting to bring Western advancement to the region, facilitated immigration and granted AIU permission to import all manner of tools and machinery - tax and duty free. Upon recurrence of blood libel accusations, Sultan Aziz issued a constitutional level --- royal decree taking the Jews under his protection.

I don't want to side-track this discussion. And the AIU is an advanced topic all by itself. The news article eludes to it when it says in the opening paragraph when it mentions the establishment of an Agricultural College. Yes, this was a colony --- but not a colonial project. It was started by the Ottoman Empire, for the Ottoman Empire. The original school of 150 years ago and its companion school are still in operation today; the original in Mikve Israel school, Holon 5891000, and one in Jerusalem: 99 Jaffa St., Jerusalem 9434220.

The point is, this colonization effort was at the request by the Sultan. It was not an independent Zionist effort.

Most Respectfully,
R

Give it up Rocco it was a colonial project no matter which foreign imperial ruler sanctioned/sponsored the project. You are surely grasping at straws, unfortunately there are no straws to grasp.

The Zionists were saying the same thing in 1926, when the Ottomans were no more. Heck, they were considering extending the colonial project to Trans-Jordan and Syria.

"Successful Jewish Colonization Will Extend Beyond Palestine Frontier

"The contemplated trip to the United States of Dr. Chaim Weizmann, president of the World Zionist Organization, the continuation of his efforts while in America to extend the Jewish Agency through his negotiations with the Marshall group, the possibilities of extending Jewish colonization work outside of the present Palestine frontiers, including. Transjordania and certain parts of Syria, were the main features around which the deliberations centered."

Successful Jewish Colonization Will Extend Beyond Palestine Frontier Weizmann Tells Actions Committ Jewish Telegraphic Agency

It's very sad the Arabs lost and continued to lose.

The colonizer does usually win, initially.

Waah.

Logic is not your forte', I see.

montelatici, et al,

Mmmm! Yes, I understand the newspaper article --- and its significants. The colony started well before 1899.

(COMMENT)

"I doubt that the Israeli dream would have been realized if the farm school of Mikveh Israel had not existed."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- David Ben-Gurion, First Prime Minister of Israel

The territory was still under the Ottoman Empire when in 1870, the Sultan allocated land (East of Jaffa) for the establishment of Agricultural College; known as "Alliance Israelite Universelle" (AIU). AIU was first Established in Paris in 1860, aimed at the unification of Jews, the defense of their political and social rights, and the combating of anti-Semitism. It should be noted that AIU was the first worldwide Jewish organization, pre-dating the World Zionist Organization.

• "(b) To give effectual support to those who are suffering persecution because they are Jews.
Sultan Abdul Aziz, wanting to bring Western advancement to the region, facilitated immigration and granted AIU permission to import all manner of tools and machinery - tax and duty free. Upon recurrence of blood libel accusations, Sultan Aziz issued a constitutional level --- royal decree taking the Jews under his protection.

I don't want to side-track this discussion. And the AIU is an advanced topic all by itself. The news article eludes to it when it says in the opening paragraph when it mentions the establishment of an Agricultural College. Yes, this was a colony --- but not a colonial project. It was started by the Ottoman Empire, for the Ottoman Empire. The original school of 150 years ago and its companion school are still in operation today; the original in Mikve Israel school, Holon 5891000, and one in Jerusalem: 99 Jaffa St., Jerusalem 9434220.

The point is, this colonization effort was at the request by the Sultan. It was not an independent Zionist effort.

Most Respectfully,
R

Give it up Rocco it was a colonial project no matter which foreign imperial ruler sanctioned/sponsored the project. You are surely grasping at straws, unfortunately there are no straws to grasp.

The Zionists were saying the same thing in 1926, when the Ottomans were no more. Heck, they were considering extending the colonial project to Trans-Jordan and Syria.

"The contemplated trip to the United States of Dr. Chaim Weizmann, president of the World Zionist Organization, the continuation of his efforts while in America to extend the Jewish Agency through his negotiations with the Marshall group, the possibilities of extending Jewish colonization work outside of the present Palestine frontiers, including. Transjordania and certain parts of Syria, were the main features around which the deliberations centered."

Successful Jewish Colonization Will Extend Beyond Palestine Frontier Weizmann Tells Actions Committ Jewish Telegraphic Agency

Waah.

As soon as all the Muslims go back to Saudi Arabia, where their religion originated, I'll entertain your idea that all the Jews should leave the area where their religion originated.

Waah.

As soon as all the Muslims go back to Saudi Arabia, where their religion originated, I'll entertain your idea that all the Jews should leave the area where their religion originated.

Why should all the Muslims go back to Saudi Arabia? Should all Christians go back to Palestine where our religion originated? As I said, logic is not your forte'.

Waah.

Arabs to Arabia, and Jews to Judea. (Unless people have family and business interests outside those areas.)

Waah.

Why should all the Muslims go back to Saudi Arabia? Should all Christians go back to Palestine where our religion originated? As I said, logic is not your forte'.

Why should all the Muslims go back to Saudi Arabia?

They were colonizers. They should leave now.

As I said, logic is not your forte'.

Consistency is not yours.

Waah.

The Jews were colonizers. Should they leave now too? Logic is not your forte', as I said.

The Jews were colonizers. Should they leave now too? Logic is not your forte', as I said.

Sure, Muslims first.

Same time. That way the Christian Palestinians can move back into their houses and lands in Israel.

Same time. That way the Christian Palestinians can move back into their houses and lands in Israel.

What about the Jewish Palestinians?

There were only a handful before the European Zionists arrived, they can stay.

AN INTERIM REPORT ON THE CIVIL ADMINISTRATION OF PALESTINE, during the period 1st JULY, 1920--30th JUNE, 1921. AN INTERIM REPORT ON THE CIVIL ADMINISTRATION OF PALESTINE. I.--THE CONDITION OF PALESTINE AFTER THE WAR.​

"Some 77,000 of the population are Christians, in large majority belonging to the Orthodox Church, and speaking Arabic. The minority are members of the Latin or of the Uniate Greek Catholic Church, or--a small number--are Protestants.

The Jewish element of the population numbers 76,000. Almost all have entered Palestine during the last 40 years. Prior to 1850 there were in the country only a handful of Jews

- See more at: Mandate for Palestine - Interim report of the Mandatory to the League of Nations Balfour Declaration text 30 July 1921

montelatici, et al,

There is an overriding principle that expulsion of a native population to promote the colonization of the land that the native people lived on is a crime.
They were not expelled by Israel. They left.

Also, Israel isn't a colony, it's a country.

"“There is no evidence to show that the Arab states and the AHC wanted a mass exodus or issued blanket orders or appeals to the Palestinians to flee their homes (though in certain areas the inhabitants of specific villages were ordered by Arab commanders or the AHC to leave, mainly for strategic reasons).” ("The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem", p. 129). On the contrary, anyone who fled was actually threatened with “severe punishment”. As for the broadcasts by Arab radio stations allegedly calling on people to flee, a detailed listening to recordings of their programmes of that period shows that the claims were invented for pure propaganda.

The expulsion of the Palestinians re-examined - Le Monde diplomatique - English edition

2. Israel is a self-described (by the Zionists themselves) colonial project. As early as 1899 it was a colonial project. (The United States is country and was a colonial project.)

nyt.jpg

nyt2.jpg

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

So when was this plan implemented and what was its outcome, provide the dates of the treaties and names of the participants.

montelatici, et al,

There is an overriding principle that expulsion of a native population to promote the colonization of the land that the native people lived on is a crime.

nyt.jpg

nyt2.jpg

(COMMENT)

I don't want to side-track this discussion. And the AIU is an advanced topic all by itself. The news article eludes to it when it mentions in the opening paragraph the establishment of an Agricultural College. Yes, this was a colony, the start of immigration and colonization --- but not a colonial project. It was started by the Ottoman Empire, for the Ottoman Empire. The original school of 150 years ago and its companion school are still in operation today; the original in Mikve Israel school, Holon 5891000, and one in Jerusalem: 99 Jaffa St., Jerusalem 9434220.

Most Respectfully,
R
So what's your point? That the Ottoman's Empire which in itself was a foreign Colonizer exempts Zionist Colonization?

Sounds Oxymoronic!

When you understand what oxymoron means you will hide your face in shame

montelatici, et al,

nyt.jpg

nyt2.jpg

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

So where will you go when you lose being an aggressive invading coloniser

montelatici, et al,

Sorry be being behind, I had a VA Appointment.

I think you are confusing two different concepts.

(COMMENT)

It appears the you are confusing:

√ Colonialism:
The establishment, exploitation, maintenance, acquisition, and expansion of colony in one territory by a political power from another territory. It is a set of unequal relationships between the colonial power and the colony and often between the colonists and the indigenous population.
SOURCE: Colonialism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SUPPORTING: Colonialism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

√ Colonization:

A process which occurs whenever there is a large-scale migration of any one or more groups of people to a another area and establishing colonies.
SOURCE: Colonization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SUPPORTING: The Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th ed. | 2014 |

"Also, colonization refers strictly to migration, for example, to settler colonies in America or Australia, trading posts, and plantations, while colonialism deals with this, along with ruling the existing indigenous peoples of styled "new territories". So, colonization is a narrower category than the related concept of colonialism."
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The immigration Jewish populations from western civilization to Palestine was not an effort by Western Powers to formally assume control over the territory by military or civil representatives of the Mandatory power. It was not an extension of political and economic control over an area by a state whose nationals have occupied; neither representing the interests of the French or Great Britain.

As to the comments and ambitions Dr. Chaim Weizmann might have expressed in 1899, which were made three decades after the first Jewish Settlement in Mikveh, and two decades before the Faisal-Weizmann Agreement, evolves over time --- and in step --- with changing developments; however, Prince Faisal and Dr Weizmann both expressed their aspirations for a nation. His comments and ambitions were truncated by Article 25 of the Mandate, which essentially set-aside territory to Trans-Jordania to the East Bank.

Most Respectfully,
R

montelatici, et al,

(COMMENT)

√ Colonialism:
The establishment, exploitation, maintenance, acquisition, and expansion of colony in one territory by a political power from another territory. It is a set of unequal relationships between the colonial power and the colony and often between the colonists and the indigenous population.

√ Colonization:

A process which occurs whenever there is a large-scale migration of any one or more groups of people to a another area and establishing colonies.

"Also, colonization refers strictly to migration, for example, to settler colonies in America or Australia, trading posts, and plantations, while colonialism deals with this, along with ruling the existing indigenous peoples of styled "new territories". So, colonization is a narrower category than the related concept of colonialism."

The immigration Jewish populations from western civilization to Palestine was not an effort by Western Powers to formally assume control over the territory by military or civil representatives of the Mandatory power. It was not an extension of political and economic control over an area by a state whose nationals have occupied; neither representing the interests of the French or Great Britain.

As to the comments and ambitions Dr. Chaim Weizmann might have expressed in 1899, which were made three decades after the first Jewish Settlement in Mikveh, and two decades before the Faisal-Weizmann Agreement, evolves over time --- and in step --- with changing developments; however, Prince Faisal and Dr Weizmann both expressed their aspirations for a nation. His comments and ambitions were truncated by Article 25 of the Mandate, which essentially set-aside territory to Trans-Jordania to the East Bank.

Most Respectfully,
R

Man, you are wacked out...Migration of Large numbers? Did they bring guns?

Its ok Rocco let your real feelings out, stop trying to act like you are someone neutral and knowledgeable...The hypocrisy is glaring!

montelatici, et al,

You are confusing a noun with a verb. Colonialism vs. C

(COMMENT)

√ Colonialism:

√ Colonization:

Most Respectfully,
R

Now you are just being silly

Colonialism is the practice, policy or ideology.

Colonization is the act of implementing the practice, policy or ideology.

Just stop the nonsense.

You are wrong and trying to wriggle out of it is digging a deeper hole.

Dr. Chaim Weizmann expressed the same intent to colonize in 1926 when the mandate was in full tilt. Your dog won't hunt. You are just wrong.

"Successful Jewish Colonization Will Extend Beyond Palestine Frontier, Weizmann Tells Actions Committ
July 25, 1926

“Due to the success of our colonization work in Palestine proper, it is possible that eventually our colonization work will be extended beyond the frontiers of Transjordania......"

London (Jul. 23)

(Jewish Telegraphic Agency)

"The UN’s inquiry into the 2014 Gaza war issues a rallying call for suspected war criminals “at all levels of the political and military establishments” to be brought to justice, but as the report itself wearily concedes, that is unlikely to happen soon.

However, the report is likely to bolster the international criminal court’spreliminary examination of last summer’s conflict, increasing the likelihood that a full investigation will eventually follow. "

UN report on Gaza war likely to bolster international criminal court inquiry World news The Guardian
After the European Parliament has been shown this film, I wouldn't want to be in Hamas' shoes.

Just as another “Freedom Flotilla” is sailing to Gaza, veteran filmmaker Pierre Rehov’s latest film War Crimes in Gaza will be shown next week to the European Parliament under the auspices of the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

Pierre Rehov’s film should also be seen by the International Criminal Court, which has just received files documenting what it claims are “Israeli war crimes.”

This 55-minute film is superb and packed with both visual, factual, and historical information. If everyone on board this flotilla watched this film—and if they were open to reason—they would turn back.

Going undercover into Gaza, Rehov is able to show us some of the wealthy mansions and villas of Gaza, the bustling malls and supermarkets, luxury cars, and well-dressed people at beachfront resorts—so different from the usual visual narratives of disinformation. Rehov shows us those as well: The weeping Palestinian civilians amidst rubble telling tales of IDF atrocities and devastation.

War Crimes in Gaza Filmmaker Takes Cameras Deep into Hamas Territory - Breitbart

"The UN’s inquiry into the 2014 Gaza war issues a rallying call for suspected war criminals “at all levels of the political and military establishments” to be brought to justice, but as the report itself wearily concedes, that is unlikely to happen soon.

However, the report is likely to bolster the international criminal court’spreliminary examination of last summer’s conflict, increasing the likelihood that a full investigation will eventually follow. "

UN report on Gaza war likely to bolster international criminal court inquiry World news The Guardian
After the European Parliament has been shown this film, I wouldn't want to be in Hamas' shoes.

Just as another “Freedom Flotilla” is sailing to Gaza, veteran filmmaker Pierre Rehov’s latest film War Crimes in Gaza will be shown next week to the European Parliament under the auspices of the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

Pierre Rehov’s film should also be seen by the International Criminal Court, which has just received files documenting what it claims are “Israeli war crimes.”

This 55-minute film is superb and packed with both visual, factual, and historical information. If everyone on board this flotilla watched this film—and if they were open to reason—they would turn back.

Going undercover into Gaza, Rehov is able to show us some of the wealthy mansions and villas of Gaza, the bustling malls and supermarkets, luxury cars, and well-dressed people at beachfront resorts—so different from the usual visual narratives of disinformation. Rehov shows us those as well: The weeping Palestinian civilians amidst rubble telling tales of IDF atrocities and devastation.

War Crimes in Gaza Filmmaker Takes Cameras Deep into Hamas Territory - Breitbart

Thanks, Hoss. I can't tell you how many "Israel is screwed" articles and threads I've read over the past 50 years because I've lost count. 5 decades later Israel is still standing - stronger than ever - and those hapless Arab "refugees - ever the useful cannon fodder of others - are still wallowing in squalid refugee camps, living off the scraps of others and tossing generation after generation of their kids into that fire just to satisfy the bloodlust "people" like ... Monte.

Forum List

Back