UN report on Gaza war likely to bolster international criminal court inquiry

"The UN’s inquiry into the 2014 Gaza war issues a rallying call for suspected war criminals “at all levels of the political and military establishments” to be brought to justice, but as the report itself wearily concedes, that is unlikely to happen soon.

However, the report is likely to bolster the international criminal court’spreliminary examination of last summer’s conflict, increasing the likelihood that a full investigation will eventually follow. "

UN report on Gaza war likely to bolster international criminal court inquiry World news The Guardian
After the European Parliament has been shown this film, I wouldn't want to be in Hamas' shoes.

Just as another “Freedom Flotilla” is sailing to Gaza, veteran filmmaker Pierre Rehov’s latest film War Crimes in Gaza will be shown next week to the European Parliament under the auspices of the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

Pierre Rehov’s film should also be seen by the International Criminal Court, which has just received files documenting what it claims are “Israeli war crimes.”

This 55-minute film is superb and packed with both visual, factual, and historical information. If everyone on board this flotilla watched this film—and if they were open to reason—they would turn back.

Going undercover into Gaza, Rehov is able to show us some of the wealthy mansions and villas of Gaza, the bustling malls and supermarkets, luxury cars, and well-dressed people at beachfront resorts—so different from the usual visual narratives of disinformation. Rehov shows us those as well: The weeping Palestinian civilians amidst rubble telling tales of IDF atrocities and devastation.

War Crimes in Gaza Filmmaker Takes Cameras Deep into Hamas Territory - Breitbart
Hi Hoss,trust you are well................steve

There is an overriding principle that expulsion of a native population to promote the colonization of the land that the native people lived on is a crime.
They were not expelled by Israel. They left.

Also, Israel isn't a colony, it's a country.

1. The Palestinians were expelled.

"“There is no evidence to show that the Arab states and the AHC wanted a mass exodus or issued blanket orders or appeals to the Palestinians to flee their homes (though in certain areas the inhabitants of specific villages were ordered by Arab commanders or the AHC to leave, mainly for strategic reasons).” ("The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem", p. 129). On the contrary, anyone who fled was actually threatened with “severe punishment”. As for the broadcasts by Arab radio stations allegedly calling on people to flee, a detailed listening to recordings of their programmes of that period shows that the claims were invented for pure propaganda.

The expulsion of the Palestinians re-examined - Le Monde diplomatique - English edition

2. Israel is a self-described (by the Zionists themselves) colonial project. As early as 1899 it was a colonial project. (The United States is country and was a colonial project.)

New York Times June 19, 1899

nyt.jpg

nyt2.jpg

Zionists planned to colonize Palestine in 1899 NY Times
Many thanks Monte...as usual steve

montelatici,

You will have to point it out to me. I don't see where I said anything like that.

Go look upthread and you can see if you feel like it.
(REFERENCE)

How the UN endangers the West
As Col. Richard Kemp, who
montelatici,

You will have to point it out to me. I don't see where I said anything like that.

(REFERENCE)

As Col. Richard Kemp, who gave a comprehensive briefing on his perception of the operations of the Israel Defense Forces to the U.N. Human Rights Council for the purpose of its report, mentioned in an interview with Israel Hayom last month, the U.N. Commission of Inquiry on the 2014 Gaza Conflict readily admitted to him that "they have no military experience or knowledge."
Israel Hayom · 6/15/2015

(COMMENT)

COL Kemp has given a number of presentation to various UN activities. But Id on't recall saying that he worked for the UN or that he was in Gaza. If I did, I was wrong.

vr.
R

a comprehensive briefing
on his perception of the operations of the Israel Defense Forces to the U.N. Human Rights Council for the purpose of its report, mentioned in an interview with Israel Hayom last month, the U.N. Commission of Inquiry on the 2014 Gaza Conflict readily admitted to him that "they have no military experience or knowledge."
Israel Hayom · 6/15/2015

(COMMENT)

COL Kemp has given a number of presentation to various UN activities. But Id on't recall saying that he worked for the UN or that he was in Gaza. If I did, I was wrong.

vr.
R

"Successful Jewish Colonization Will Extend Beyond Palestine Frontier, Weizmann Tells Actions Committ"

"
The contemplated trip to the United States of Dr. Chaim Weizmann, president of the World Zionist Organization, the continuation of his efforts while in America to extend the Jewish Agency through his negotiations with the Marshall group, the possibilities of extending Jewish colonization work outside of the present Palestine frontiers, including. Transjordania and certain parts of Syria, were the main features around which the deliberations centered."

Successful Jewish Colonization Will Extend Beyond Palestine Frontier Weizmann Tells Actions Committ Jewish Telegraphic Agency
It is interesting that Israel supporters absolutely deny that Israel is a colonial project when the Zionists themselves stated it was many times.

Load of crap. Israel is a sovereign state. Calling it a colonial project is Palestinian propaganda.

BTW, you are always saying how Zionists are liars, yet you cherry pick certain comments of theirs. Very hypocritical.
But it's still part of Palestine......Jews originally came from Babylon(Iraq) not Palestine,just saying steve

montelatici,

(REFERENCE)

montelatici,

(REFERENCE)

As Col. Richard Kemp, who gave a comprehensive briefing on his perception of the operations of the Israel Defense Forces to the U.N. Human Rights Council for the purpose of its report, mentioned in an interview with Israel Hayom last month, the U.N. Commission of Inquiry on the 2014 Gaza Conflict readily admitted to him that "they have no military experience or knowledge."
Israel Hayom · 6/15/2015

(COMMENT)

vr.
R

a comprehensive briefing
on his perception of the operations of the Israel Defense Forces to the U.N. Human Rights Council for the purpose of its report, mentioned in an interview with Israel Hayom last month, the U.N. Commission of Inquiry on the 2014 Gaza Conflict readily admitted to him that "they have no military experience or knowledge."
Israel Hayom · 6/15/2015

(COMMENT)

vr.
R

"Successful Jewish Colonization Will Extend Beyond Palestine Frontier, Weizmann Tells Actions Committ"

"
The contemplated trip to the United States of Dr. Chaim Weizmann, president of the World Zionist Organization, the continuation of his efforts while in America to extend the Jewish Agency through his negotiations with the Marshall group, the possibilities of extending Jewish colonization work outside of the present Palestine frontiers, including. Transjordania and certain parts of Syria, were the main features around which the deliberations centered."

Successful Jewish Colonization Will Extend Beyond Palestine Frontier Weizmann Tells Actions Committ Jewish Telegraphic Agency
It is interesting that Israel supporters absolutely deny that Israel is a colonial project when the Zionists themselves stated it was many times.

Load of crap. Israel is a sovereign state. Calling it a colonial project is Palestinian propaganda.

BTW, you are always saying how Zionists are liars, yet you cherry pick certain comments of theirs. Very hypocritical.
But it's still part of Palestine......Jews originally came from Babylon(Iraq) not Palestine,just saying steve
So you are colonizers by the true definition of the word...as you full well know

montelatici,

(REFERENCE)

a comprehensive briefing
Israel Hayom · 6/15/2015

(COMMENT)

vr.
R

"

So you are colonizers by the true definition of the word...as you full well know
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, Steve, but if you read the link I provided in post # 158 you'll realize the next time Israel has to go into Gaza, the first thing to go will be all that luxury in Gaza and not the rocket positions where human shields will be used. Malls, luxury homes, beachfront resorts and all that opulence and luxury Hamas enjoys will be history. After that Israel may as well colonize Gaza. Read the link and see just who you've been a champion for while their people are being killed. Pretty damn sneaky bunch of Ayrabs.

montelatici, et al,

Sorry be being behind, I had a VA Appointment.

I think you are confusing two different concepts.

Give it up Rocco it was a colonial project no matter which foreign imperial ruler sanctioned/sponsored the project. You are surely grasping at straws, unfortunately there are no straws to grasp.

The Zionists were saying the same thing in 1926, when the Ottomans were no more. Heck, they were considering extending the colonial project to Trans-Jordan and Syria.

"Successful Jewish Colonization Will Extend Beyond Palestine Frontier

"The contemplated trip to the United States of Dr. Chaim Weizmann, president of the World Zionist Organization, the continuation of his efforts while in America to extend the Jewish Agency through his negotiations with the Marshall group, the possibilities of extending Jewish colonization work outside of the present Palestine frontiers, including. Transjordania and certain parts of Syria, were the main features around which the deliberations centered."

(COMMENT)

It appears the you are confusing:

√ Colonialism:
The establishment, exploitation, maintenance, acquisition, and expansion of colony in one territory by a political power from another territory. It is a set of unequal relationships between the colonial power and the colony and often between the colonists and the indigenous population.
SOURCE: Colonialism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SUPPORTING: Colonialism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

√ Colonization:

A process which occurs whenever there is a large-scale migration of any one or more groups of people to a another area and establishing colonies.
SOURCE: Colonization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SUPPORTING: The Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th ed. | 2014 |

"Also, colonization refers strictly to migration, for example, to settler colonies in America or Australia, trading posts, and plantations, while colonialism deals with this, along with ruling the existing indigenous peoples of styled "new territories". So, colonization is a narrower category than the related concept of colonialism."
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The immigration Jewish populations from western civilization to Palestine was not an effort by Western Powers to formally assume control over the territory by military or civil representatives of the Mandatory power. It was not an extension of political and economic control over an area by a state whose nationals have occupied; neither representing the interests of the French or Great Britain.

As to the comments and ambitions Dr. Chaim Weizmann might have expressed in 1899, which were made three decades after the first Jewish Settlement in Mikveh, and two decades before the Faisal-Weizmann Agreement, evolves over time --- and in step --- with changing developments; however, Prince Faisal and Dr Weizmann both expressed their aspirations for a nation. His comments and ambitions were truncated by Article 25 of the Mandate, which essentially set-aside territory to Trans-Jordania to the East Bank.

Most Respectfully,
R

Man, you are wacked out...Migration of Large numbers? Did they bring guns?

Its ok Rocco let your real feelings out, stop trying to act like you are someone neutral and knowledgeable...The hypocrisy is glaring!

No they didn't as they were not allowed to bear arms under the Ottomans Dhimmi laws

montelatici, et al,

Sorry be being behind, I had a VA Appointment.

I think you are confusing two different concepts.

Give it up Rocco it was a colonial project no matter which foreign imperial ruler sanctioned/sponsored the project. You are surely grasping at straws, unfortunately there are no straws to grasp.

You are confusing a noun with a verb. Colonialism vs. C

The Zionists were saying the same thing in 1926, when the Ottomans were no more. Heck, they were considering extending the colonial project to Trans-Jordan and Syria.

"Successful Jewish Colonization Will Extend Beyond Palestine Frontier

"The contemplated trip to the United States of Dr. Chaim Weizmann, president of the World Zionist Organization, the continuation of his efforts while in America to extend the Jewish Agency through his negotiations with the Marshall group, the possibilities of extending Jewish colonization work outside of the present Palestine frontiers, including. Transjordania and certain parts of Syria, were the main features around which the deliberations centered."

(COMMENT)

It appears the you are confusing:

√ Colonialism:
The establishment, exploitation, maintenance, acquisition, and expansion of colony in one territory by a political power from another territory. It is a set of unequal relationships between the colonial power and the colony and often between the colonists and the indigenous population.
SOURCE: Colonialism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SUPPORTING: Colonialism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

√ Colonization:

A process which occurs whenever there is a large-scale migration of any one or more groups of people to a another area and establishing colonies.
SOURCE: Colonization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
SUPPORTING: The Columbia Encyclopedia, 6th ed. | 2014 |

"Also, colonization refers strictly to migration, for example, to settler colonies in America or Australia, trading posts, and plantations, while colonialism deals with this, along with ruling the existing indigenous peoples of styled "new territories". So, colonization is a narrower category than the related concept of colonialism."
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The immigration Jewish populations from western civilization to Palestine was not an effort by Western Powers to formally assume control over the territory by military or civil representatives of the Mandatory power. It was not an extension of political and economic control over an area by a state whose nationals have occupied; neither representing the interests of the French or Great Britain.

As to the comments and ambitions Dr. Chaim Weizmann might have expressed in 1899, which were made three decades after the first Jewish Settlement in Mikveh, and two decades before the Faisal-Weizmann Agreement, evolves over time --- and in step --- with changing developments; however, Prince Faisal and Dr Weizmann both expressed their aspirations for a nation. His comments and ambitions were truncated by Article 25 of the Mandate, which essentially set-aside territory to Trans-Jordania to the East Bank.

Most Respectfully,
R

Now you are just being silly

Colonialism is the practice, policy or ideology.

Colonization is the act of implementing the practice, policy or ideology.

Just stop the nonsense.

You are wrong and trying to wriggle out of it is digging a deeper hole.

Dr. Chaim Weizmann expressed the same intent to colonize in 1926 when the mandate was in full tilt. Your dog won't hunt. You are just wrong.

"Successful Jewish Colonization Will Extend Beyond Palestine Frontier, Weizmann Tells Actions Committ
July 25, 1926

“Due to the success of our colonization work in Palestine proper, it is possible that eventually our colonization work will be extended beyond the frontiers of Transjordania......"

London (Jul. 23)

(Jewish Telegraphic Agency)

Spamming with the same manipulated report again, time to remove this trolls posts

montelatici,

(REFERENCE)

montelatici,

(REFERENCE)

Israel Hayom · 6/15/2015

(COMMENT)

vr.
R

a comprehensive briefing
Israel Hayom · 6/15/2015

(COMMENT)

vr.
R

"

Wasn't the Palestine you know just the LoN Mandate of Palestine that was given to the Jews. As for the arabs don't they come from Arabia to the south of Palestine. Just saying..............

montelatici,

(REFERENCE)

a comprehensive briefing
Israel Hayom · 6/15/2015

(COMMENT)

vr.
R

"

Just like you then, only not as vile or as hypocritical after the way you treated the Aborigines. So why don't you start the ball rolling and give back the land you stole and leave

"

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, Steve, but if you read the link I provided in post # 158 you'll realize the next time Israel has to go into Gaza, the first thing to go will be all that luxury in Gaza and not the rocket positions where human shields will be used. Malls, luxury homes, beachfront resorts and all that opulence and luxury Hamas enjoys will be history. After that Israel may as well colonize Gaza. Read the link and see just who you've been a champion for while their people are being killed. Pretty damn sneaky bunch of Ayrabs.

Hoss is the poster boy for cognitive dissonance, and a moron.

shoujayeh2.jpg

I don’t think that Israel has any intention of physically exterminating Palestinians by the hundreds of thousands. It simply wants to eliminate them as a national movement, and make them into wandering Arabs who are either confined to Bantustans in the West Bank; a human warehouse in the Gaza Strip; fourth class citizenship and providing menial labor in Israel proper, or just simple refugee status. But with no political leadership, and no nationalistic goal.

That requires enormous violence. That’s what we’re seeing take place in the Gaza Strip. This war represents the frustration of the Goliath that Israel has become. It is an extension of the war that began in 1948, and even before then. It’s the war of a settler-colonial movement against an indigenous people which is, after decades of trauma and many military failures, increasingly under the influence of Islamism. They’re resisting their dispossession, as every other indigenous group has.

The question is just when Max Blumenthal on war in the Gaza Strip s past and its future - Salon.com

shoujayeh2.jpg
Little Buttercup, that picture is of the area where rockets were fired from and Israel retaliated. Along with Hamas firing into the area also, to increase the carnage and kill more Palestinians and blame it on Israel.
No,Israel is not going to bomb residences where people live and work, but they will bomb the areas where the Hamas cockroaches, rats and flies live. The very vermin who are supposed to protect the people but covertly kill their own people. Read the damn link I posted unless youreally don't give a damn. Henceforth, anyone here who supports, defends and makes excuses for Hamas is nothing more than a terrorist on the Hamas payroll. That includes Tinmore. And your sorry ass.

shoujayeh2.jpg
Little Buttercup, that picture is of the area where rockets were fired from and Israel retaliated. Along with Hamas firing into the area also, to increase the carnage and kill more Palestinians and blame it on Israel.
No,Israel is not going to bomb residences where people live and work, but they will bomb the areas where the Hamas cockroaches, rats and flies live. The very vermin who are supposed to protect the people but covertly kill their own people. Read the damn link I posted unless youreally don't give a damn. Henceforth, anyone here who supports, defends and makes excuses for Hamas is nothing more than a terrorist on the Hamas payroll. That includes Tinmore. And your sorry ass.

Let's look at a wider area. And no, moron, the Israelis are killing the Palestinian women and children. Your posting of Zionist propaganda doesn't change the facts. No one is defending the Hamas islamists, you twat.

dahiya-beirut.jpg

montelatici, et al,

The Islamic Resistance Movement, and the affiliated terrorists, insurgents, jihadists and Fedayeen, KNOW that in any optional conflict (discretionary aggression), moral responsibility for the damage and devastation are attributed to the aggressor. In the case of the last Gaza Operation (2014 Operation Protective Edge) --- the acts of war were initiated by the Islamic Resistance Movement as the government representative of the Gaza People.

shoujayeh2.jpg
(COMMENT)

This is just another case of the Arab Palestinian demonstrating that they are not capable of taking responsibility for their actions.
  • On 12 June 2014, three Israeli teenagers were abducted in the West Bank: Hamas political chief Khaled Meshal said he could neither confirm nor deny the kidnapping of the three Israelis, but congratulated the abductors.
    • On 20 August, Saleh al-Arouri, an exiled Hamas leader based in Turkey, claimed responsibility for the kidnapping of the three Israeli teens: "Our goal was to ignite an intifada in the West Bank and Jerusalem, as well as within the 1948 borders... Your brothers in the Al-Qassam Brigades carried out this operation to support their imprisoned brothers, who were on a hunger strike... The mujahideen captured these settlers in order to have a swap deal." Palestinian security forces said the kidnappings were organized by Saleh al-Arouri.
  • 1 May to 11 June, six rockets and three mortar shells were launched from Gaza towards Israel.
  • 12 June through 5 July 117 rockets were launched from Gaza.
  • On 5 July, Hamas official Osama Hamdan said rocket fire would continue until Israel lifted its import restrictions on Gaza and the Palestinian Authority transferred money to pay Hamas civil servants.
Internationally recognized is the concept that "Aggression is the use of armed force by a State against the sovereignty, territorial integrity or political independence of another State, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Charter of the United Nations, as set out in this Definition." That "the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any State."

The hostile actions of the Islamic Resistance Movement, leading up to Israeli intervention, set the pattern of past criminal behaviors and established credibility to the threat of continued rocket fire from Gaza into the sovereignty of Israel. The threat was delivered in the form of coercion (rocket fire would continue until their demands are met) to extract political and financial concessions.

The picture is the outcome of their negotiated attempt to hold peace hostage. The Islamic Resistance Movement and their constituents that lend material support to the Islamic Resistance Movement MUST at some point take responsibility for their hostile actions and accept the consequence as self-inflicted.

Most Respectfully,
R

montelatici, et al,

The Islamic Resistance Movement, and the affiliated terrorists, insurgents, jihadists and Fedayeen, KNOW that in any optional conflict (discretionary aggression), moral responsibility for the damage and devastation are attributed to the aggressor. In the case of the last Gaza Operation (2014 Operation Protective Edge) --- the acts of war were initiated by the Islamic Resistance Movement as the government representative of the Gaza People.

shoujayeh2.jpg
(COMMENT)

This is just another case of the Arab Palestinian demonstrating that they are not capable of taking responsibility for their actions.
  • On 12 June 2014, three Israeli teenagers were abducted in the West Bank: Hamas political chief Khaled Meshal said he could neither confirm nor deny the kidnapping of the three Israelis, but congratulated the abductors.
    • On 20 August, Saleh al-Arouri, an exiled Hamas leader based in Turkey, claimed responsibility for the kidnapping of the three Israeli teens: "Our goal was to ignite an intifada in the West Bank and Jerusalem, as well as within the 1948 borders... Your brothers in the Al-Qassam Brigades carried out this operation to support their imprisoned brothers, who were on a hunger strike... The mujahideen captured these settlers in order to have a swap deal." Palestinian security forces said the kidnappings were organized by Saleh al-Arouri.
  • 1 May to 11 June, six rockets and three mortar shells were launched from Gaza towards Israel.
  • On 5 July, Hamas official Osama Hamdan said rocket fire would continue until Israel lifted its import restrictions on Gaza and the Palestinian Authority transferred money to pay Hamas civil servants.
Internationally recognized is the concept that "Aggression is the use of armed force by a State against the sovereignty, territorial integrity or political independence of another State, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Charter of the United Nations, as set out in this Definition." That "the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any State."

The hostile actions of the Islamic Resistance Movement, leading up to Israeli intervention, set the pattern of past criminal behaviors and established credibility to the threat of continued rocket fire from Gaza into the sovereignty of Israel. The threat was delivered in the form of coercion (rocket fire would continue until their demands are met) to extract political and financial concessions.

The picture is the outcome of their negotiated attempt to hold peace hostage. The Islamic Resistance Movement and their constituents that lend material support to the Islamic Resistance Movement MUST at some point take responsibility for their hostile actions and accept the consequence as self-inflicted.

Most Respectfully,
R
It is Israel's war.

Don't blame Hamas.

shoujayeh2.jpg

This is what happens when you declare war on a stronger nation, you get the crap kicked out of you. So don't start complaining about the results of your violent actions.

I don’t think that Israel has any intention of physically exterminating Palestinians by the hundreds of thousands. It simply wants to eliminate them as a national movement, and make them into wandering Arabs who are either confined to Bantustans in the West Bank; a human warehouse in the Gaza Strip; fourth class citizenship and providing menial labor in Israel proper, or just simple refugee status. But with no political leadership, and no nationalistic goal.

That requires enormous violence. That’s what we’re seeing take place in the Gaza Strip. This war represents the frustration of the Goliath that Israel has become. It is an extension of the war that began in 1948, and even before then. It’s the war of a settler-colonial movement against an indigenous people which is, after decades of trauma and many military failures, increasingly under the influence of Islamism. They’re resisting their dispossession, as every other indigenous group has.

The question is just when Max Blumenthal on war in the Gaza Strip s past and its future - Salon.com

ISLAMONAZI BULLSHIT PROPAGANDA that you have no unbiased links to

montelatici, et al,

shoujayeh2.jpg
(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
It is Israel's war.

Don't blame Hamas.

Bullshit, Hamas is always instigating violence. Without any rocket attacks, there would not have been any of those operations in Gaza. Simple as that. Hamas NEEDS to continue the war so they can continue getting money and support. Hamas NEEDS its civilians to be killed in the crossfire so that Palestinian can remain the eternal victims.

shoujayeh2.jpg

Let's look at a wider area. And no, moron, the Israelis are killing the Palestinian women and children. Your posting of Zionist propaganda doesn't change the facts. No one is defending the Hamas islamists, you twat.

dahiya-beirut.jpg

No FOOL they are killing human shields, militia, terrorists and hamas goons that actively support the attacks on Israel. One day the people of gaza will realise that their leaders are killing them off one at a time for priopaganda purposes.

Forum List

Back