Un-freaking-believable... You can now be arrested for your choice of attire.

"The officers made a good faith, but mistaken effort to enforce an old unwritten interpretation of the prohibitions about demonstrating in the Capitol," the Capitol Police chief, Terrance Gainer, said in a statement.
A good faith effort, is good enough for me. It shows me they were attempting to do their job at the very least. What's that old saying, "Shit Happens".

My guess is, this "old unwritten interpretation of the prohibitions about demonstrating in the Capitol" will now be written. So the next time it happens no one will have anything to scream about.

jAZ said:
You people crack me up... you folks will drive 18 miles out of the way to pick up a load of BS and bring it back to this thread to throw at a liberal.

First, the complaint is and has always been that... stick with me on this.. that Cindy Sheehan was ARRESTED!

Sorry I strayed on your post.. Hillary's pix makes me want to vomit. Not because she got elected, but the fact that stupid asses live in this country who voted for her, and I am not allowed by law to do anything meaningful about it.. So be it..

Now back to Sheehan,,,,, she was pinched because she posed a threat to the demeanor of the event, and the surrounding. She has the right to protest all she wants, I concede that and encourage those with a bitch to vent..

But, the venue she chose was inappropriate, as was the pro-war tee shirt worn by some repub's wife.. Again, wrong venue to vent their "voices".

Sheehan has voiced often to the press her dislike for George W Bush,, therefore, in my opinion, ,she is hostile to the president. The fact that she chose to wear a politicaly challenging statement, during his SOTU address, makes it more easy for me to understand why she was removed, and arrested.. I would prefer that the legal action was minimized by the administration, but her presence at the event was provocative to say the least.. Let the legal system figure it out. Then we will know what to expect in the future.

jAZ said:
You people crack me up... you folks will drive 18 miles out of the way to pick up a load of BS and bring it back to this thread to throw at a liberal.

First, the complaint is and has always been that... stick with me on this.. that Cindy Sheehan was ARRESTED!

Not like in the case of the Republican wife, or the Clinton impeachment trial guy. Those people were merely kicked out for violating protocol. That's appropriate.

Cindy Sheehan was ARRESTED.

Get the details straight... even with they conflict with your bogus attempt at a defense of the situation.

Now, I'm sure you all saw this story, but I see no trace of anyone from this thread saying sharing it. Again, most likely because it contradicts directly the BS being hurled on this thread.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/02/02/news/notes.php
Capitol Police drop charges over T-shirts
The Associated Press, The New York Times

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2006

WASHINGTON The Capitol Police have dropped a charge of unlawful conduct against the anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan and apologized for ejecting her and a congressman's wife from President George W. Bush's State of the Union address for wearing T-shirts with war messages.

"The officers made a good faith, but mistaken effort to enforce an old unwritten interpretation of the prohibitions about demonstrating in the Capitol," the Capitol Police chief, Terrance Gainer, said in a statement.​

The police have admitted they were wrong. It's time for you folks who claim to be intellectually honest and morally suprerior to liberals to admit the same.

Oh boo friggen hoo! Cry me a $@#@@ river over it. Like she's the only person every arrested or thrown out of some event. Sheehan is a nut. And she aint helping your alls cause, whatever that is, so get over it. Get a life, grow up, go get laid, something. sheeeeeesh :slap: :rolleyes: :mm:

Working Man said:
jAZ said:

Sorry I strayed on your post.. Hillary's pix makes me want to vomit. Not because she got elected, but the fact that stupid asses live in this country who voted for her, and I am not allowed by law to do anything meaningful about it.. So be it..

Now back to Sheehan,,,,, she was pinched because she posed a threat to the demeanor of the event, and the surrounding. She has the right to protest all she wants, I concede that and encourage those with a bitch to vent..

But, the venue she chose was inappropriate, as was the pro-war tee shirt worn by some repub's wife.. Again, wrong venue to vent their "voices".

Sheehan has voiced often to the press her dislike for George W Bush,, therefore, in my opinion, ,she is hostile to the president. The fact that she chose to wear a politicaly challenging statement, during his SOTU address, makes it more easy for me to understand why she was removed, and arrested.. I would prefer that the legal action was minimized by the administration, but her presence at the event was provocative to say the least.. Let the legal system figure it out. Then we will know what to expect in the future.

my party...my rules....dress and behave correctly or you ass is out a here

jAZ said:
The police have admitted they were wrong. It's time for you folks who claim to be intellectually honest and morally suprerior to liberals to admit the same.

they should have shot her

She was arrested because she wouldn't comply with the cops' instructions. If she had covered up when they first asked her, she'd have been fine. If she'd left when they first asked her, she'd have been able to protest outside all she wanted. She, however, made a scene.

Hobbit said:
She was arrested because she wouldn't comply with the cops' instructions. If she had covered up when they first asked her, she'd have been fine. If she'd left when they first asked her, she'd have been able to protest outside all she wanted. She, however, made a scene.

This makes it so that a cop giving an order can arrest her. If it is an incorrect arrest she can file grievances later, but she must comply with a law enforcement officer's orders or she is subject to arrest.

It is the law. Other laws protect you after the arrest, but it is a power given to them by the law to arrest those who are not following their orders.

Hobbit said:

Of course your right Hobbit. But SHE is a flamming idiot and SHE now believes she has become a symbol of something, and SHE is going to have her little bubble bursted here real soon, cause the MSM and Dems would hardly respond to this so called news event. Except some of her fellow lib lovers on this board(oh wait I should one on this board) and Du. SHE has went down the shitter, oops I mean toilet. :D

Stephanie said:
Of course your right Hobbit. But SHE is a flamming idiot and SHE now believes she has become a symbol of something, and SHE is going to have her little bubble bursted here real soon, cause the MSM and Dems would hardly respond to this so called news event. Except some of her fellow lib lovers on this board(oh wait I should one on this board) and Du. SHE has went down the shitter, oops I mean toilet. :D

I think she will go down in history (if she does) as the most idiotic of the crowd who made the ultimate sacrifice to fight WWIII and then decided to be an Indian giver. Oh no! Is it racist to say "Indian giver?"

jAZ said:
So I can now be arrested for breaking dress code? Wow, I guess kicking you out of the building is not enough when you are a liberal? You gotta lock us in Jail too with up to a year in prison?

What a great country Bush has truned this into.

She was NOT ARRESTED for the t shirt, she was arrested for failing to comply with the police. Another lady was there also, she was asked to leave also, she did so peacfully. GUESS WHAT? She WASNT arrested.

Problem is Sheehan is a vocal freak who thinks she has more of a right to be heard than others. She thinks her right to express herself is more important than other peoples rights to not want to listen.

SpidermanTuba said:
Relax, Jaz. When righties don't like the facts, they make them up. Its their way, get used to it.

Yea, and your version of the facts is what someone posts, even though its unsubstantiated. Ok bubba spiderman, show me the proof that she was arrested for the content of her tshirt? That was the ASSERTATION! I thought you guys believed in "innocent until PROVEN guilty"? oh yea, I forgot, President Bush is the subject this time.

rtwngAvngr said:
No kidding. Even if for some reason I were invited to dinner with John Kerry, I would still shave and wear a shirt with a collar.

so true. Although I would be tempted to not show, but then the thinking would be, who would care if I didnt show. Passing up such an opportunity, if for nothing else but to see how such people behave in social situations, would be foolish.

The ClayTaurus said:
I think anyone who meets with Hugo Chavez and then shows up at the State of the Union address wearing a protest shirt deserves to be arrested. This bullshit she's spewing about supression of free speech is garbage.

We should really think about having punishments for whoever sponsored your visit as well. If the congresswoman who invited Sheehan knew she could face charges if Sheehan acted up, she never would have invited her.

You know, the free speech door swings both ways. People show up at a speech with a tacit implication they want to hear the person speak. If protestors show up and prevent that, they are the ones preventing free speech. I mean isnt it a "SPEECH" he was delivering?

SpidermanTuba said:
So in other words "unlawful conduct" is breaking laws that the police makeup on the fly. Right. So we live in a police state. I get it.

So, unsubstantiated accusations you just make up on the fly. So we live in a liberal state. I get it.

Ok, Spidey, let's see if you can get this through your thick skull. Sheehan, get this, broke the rules. Are you following me so far? I didn't think so, so let me clarify. It's against the law to protest in the Capitol building. Sheehan broke this law, and the police were perfectly content to let it go, provided she either cover up or leave. She refused to. Now, she's not only breaking a law, but when given a second chance to comply, she basically tells the cops to piss off. It's like getting a warning ticket, then speeding of at 100 mph. So, what are the cops supposed to do? Are they supposed to say, "Oh well, guess there's nothing we can do." No, of course not. They're supposed to say, "Ok, since you won't do it the easy way, we'll do it the hard way."

It had nothing to do with the content of the shirt. She'd have been arrested for those actions if the shirt had been singing the praises of the president.

Like many other topics before this, if you fail to act as though you understand the point, I am going to assume that you understand the situation, yet choose to ignore it, are retarded, or simply won't read my posts. In any case, there's no point talking to you.

jAZ said:
So I can now be arrested for breaking dress code? Wow, I guess kicking you out of the building is not enough when you are a liberal? You gotta lock us in Jail too with up to a year in prison?

What a great country Bush has truned this into.

As usual, you are being a partisan hack. It is not simply a dress code that was violated. If you bothered to do your homework, you'd know that, but it doesn't suit your agenda.

It is a violation to wear or carry anything that makes a political statement into the House chamber. Simple as that. One Republican's wife wore a sweatshirt that said "Support the Troops," and she was asked to cover it up or leave.

Now we get to the part that is the REAL story here:

The Republican Congressman's wife complied with law enforcement and left the chamber.

Cindy Sheehan covered her stupid t-shirt, went inside the chamber, then took off the shirt she had on over it. It was a willful act of definace, and a violation of the law. She was arrested.

The media whore got what she wanted -- media attention and sympathy from people such as yourself who don't care about right and wrong nor any sense of decorum, only that she hates Bush so you love her. So what's the problem exactly?

That your "freedom of speech" can be restricted by law to a proper forum? Tough shit.

Hobbit said:
It had nothing to do with the content of the shirt. She'd have been arrested for those actions if the shirt had been singing the praises of the president.

Rep Bill Young's (R) wife was asked to cover up her sweatshirt or leave and it said "Support the Troops."

End of story for THAT conspiracy theory.

mediawhoring_for_dummies.jpg

Abbey Normal said:
Sheehan is following the President around, from his ranch, to the White House, to the SOTU address. I think she should be arrested for stalking the President.

ITA.

But couldn't you have posted the pic of the book without that ugly mug? :puke:

Forum List

Back