UK's top lawyer says 'Iraq War was Legal'

Oct 8, 2009
Iraq Inquiry: Former Attorney General Lord Goldsmith Gives Evidence To Sir John Chilcot | Politics | Sky News

Lord Goldsmith was not under political pressure when he changed his mind about the legality of the war in Iraq, he has told an inquiry.

The former attorney general insisted he still believed the invasion was legal.

"It was lawful, I stand by that and I've tried to explain that it was an opinion I reached independently," he told the Chilcot inquiry.

In 2002, Lord Goldsmith was concerned existing United Nations resolutions were insufficient to justify an invasion

The entire concept of UN sanctioned war is a farce; there is no power on the Security Council that has not fought a non UN sanctioned war. None of them will submit to a veto of their vital interests and only the democratic West tortures itself over this fiction.

Even worse the UK tortures itself over one of the most just wars ever. A 1991 cease fire immediately broken, 12 UN resolutions violated, UN authorisation of Iraq's territory being impinged upon militarily already being valid with the No Fly zones, Saddam's threats of genocide against the Kurds also an international legal reason for war.

Fuck me, if this was not a just war then the democratic world should just put a bullet to its head and say good night now.

Last edited:
  • Banned
The entire concept of UN sanctioned war is a farce; there is no power on the Security Council that has not fought a non UN sanctioned war. None of them will submit to a veto of their vital interests and only the democratic West tortures itself over this fiction.

Even worse the UK tortures itself over one of the most just wars ever. A 1991 cease fire immediately broken, 12 UN resolutions violated, UN authorisation of Iraq's territory being impinged upon militarily already being valid with the No Fly zones, Saddam's threats of genocide against the Kurds also an international legal reason for war.

Fuck me, if this was not a just war then the democratic world should just put a bullet to its head and say good night now.

I completely agree.

Hate to break your heart California Girl but this lawyer has the evidence in his book he wrote The Prosecution of George Bush for murder to prove that lawyer is corrupt and is lying.This lawyer has never taken on a case and lost.He only takes a case when he sees there is irrefutable evidence that cant be disproved and this is one of them.

oh and the facts are that 9/11 was an inside job,these 47 videos prove it.Nobody has ever been able to debunk them.They never watch them cause their in denial and dont want to know the truth so I know from experience you wont watch them either though,that your also in denial.

Canada 9/11 Truth - Videos

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xP79ReW8bk]YouTube - VINCENT BUGLIOSI: The Prosecution of George Bush for Murder[/ame]

Last edited:

guess they ought to do that now then cause its NOT a just war.:rolleyes:

Of course it wasn't illegal. A Brit says it was illegal, the enire world says it was illegal. Bush Junior said is was LEGAL therefor it has to be LEGAL.

Forum List

Back