Uh-ooohh Spaghettios... the US in ten year cooling trend?

So you're back to calling me a conspiracy theorist?

We're making the absolute statement of fact that you're a conspiracy theorist.

I suppose it is easier than answering inconvenient questions.

Something that you're an expert at, being your conspiracy theory can't be maintained unless you run from inconvenient questions. Here, you can run from this again.

The temperature record adjustments make the warming look smaller.

Therefore, your conspiracy theory is clearly senseless bullshit.

So why do you keep pushing such senseless bullshit?

If you say it's not senseless bullshit, why do you think scientists have expended such great effort to make the warming look smaller?

OK Pooh flinging monkey. Put up a list of the adjustments made to the early part of the ocean data and the size or them. We'll see which ones are arbitrary and which ones are standard conversions to make combining different data possible.

Hop to it. This should be interesting.

For those of you that don't understand what this argument is about....

figure-14.png

Ocean temp measurements were originally done by tossing a wooden bucket over the side and hauling it in to put a thermometer in. That slowly changed to canvas buckets with less insulation. At WWII it became common to use water intakes to measure temp. Of course there are other factors such as height of deck, difference of air/water temp, seasons, routes that were actually sampled, etc.

The biggest adjustment pre-WWII was for wooden vs canvas. It probably accounts for most of the difference between 'raw' and adjusted.

I am looking forward to mamooth's information.

OK Pooh flinging monkey.

Again, you obviously consider the lower levels of your pyramid to be your guide to life.

Put up a list of the adjustments

First, I asked first, for you to explain your nonsense.

Second, your request there is a red herring, an obvious attempt at deflection that has nothing to do with the point that your conspiracy theory is dishonest garbage. Hence, I'll do what you hate most, which is ignore your lame deflection and get right back to the point you're trying to avoid.

The ocean temperature record adjustments make the warming to look smaller, and they are deliberately added in to the global average. For the purpose of debunking your conspiracy theory, that's all that matters. The physical or statistical reason for why they get added in makes no difference. Whether they are real or faked makes no difference. For debunking purposes, the only things that matter are that those adjustments are deliberately added to the global average, and that they make the warming look smaller.

Your conspiracy theory states the direct opposite of reality. The adjustments make the warming look smaller, but you claim the opposite. Since your conspiracy is garbage, why do you still push it?

If you want to claim your conspiracy theory isn't garbage, you need to explain for us why the scientists are deliberately making the warming look smaller in their supposed quest to make the warming look bigger.

And no, I don't expect you to honestly address this. I look forward to seeing whatever new creative tactic you'll come up with to avoid the actual point.

Hahahahaha. I kinda figured that you'd bail when it came down to discussing the specifics.

Carry on then.

So as predicted, Ian cuts and runs. It wasn't a difficult prediction, because all deniers always cut and run. The denier conspiracy theory is dishonest debunked cult babbling. Temperature record adjustments make the warming look smaller, but all deniers openly lie and claim the exactly opposite.

So why do they keep pushing the conspiracy theory? It's literally all they have. The data says they're making it all up, so they certainly can't discuss the science. As the head of the EPA just correctly pointed out, they're not normal. Normal people can admit mistakes. Deniers can't. They'd have to admit that they've been played for rubes for years, and that the dirty hippies were absolutely correct the entire time. Not gonna happen. So they just keep digging deeper down into the conspiracy cult hole, no matter how crazy and dishonest it makes them look.

How exactly can I be accused of cut and run? I put up a graph to illustrate the Pooh flinging monkey's point, then I discussed some of the particulars, then I turned it over to mamooth for his spin on the story. His only participation was to, again, call me a conspiracy theorist. It gets sooooo boring.

Anybody else want to discuss this topic?

Cowtan was one of the first to make this excuse public in a big was, after the Paraguay incident. But I think Victor Venema has been saying it for a while.

So as predicted, Ian cuts and runs. It wasn't a difficult prediction, because all deniers always cut and run. The denier conspiracy theory is dishonest debunked cult babbling. Temperature record adjustments make the warming look smaller, but all deniers openly lie and claim the exactly opposite.

So why do they keep pushing the conspiracy theory? It's literally all they have. The data says they're making it all up, so they certainly can't discuss the science. As the head of the EPA just correctly pointed out, they're not normal. Normal people can admit mistakes. Deniers can't. They'd have to admit that they've been played for rubes for years, and that the dirty hippies were absolutely correct the entire time. Not gonna happen. So they just keep digging deeper down into the conspiracy cult hole, no matter how crazy and dishonest it makes them look.
Naw, you chickened out as expected. Ian answered your challenge and you failed. Typical

Hahahahaha. I kinda figured that you'd bail when it came down to discussing the specifics.

Carry on then.

Is this the one you discussed using data from Stephen Goddard and Bob Tisdale?

Hey Ian........thought you'd get a kick out of this. Environmental groups spent 85 million for the 2014 mid-terms and get their clocks cleaned..........virtually all the candidates that ran with a big climate change platform got schooled.

The big "conspiracy denier" guys won............huge!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Hmmm..........:funnyface::fu::funnyface:........... The Climate Lost Big-Time in Tuesday s Election Mother Jones

As Ive been saying..............the science isn't mattering. The fact that most Americans are freezing their asses off even in summertime for the past 3 years............:bye1::lmao::lmao:

Last edited:

Carry on then.

Is this the one you discussed using data from Stephen Goddard and Bob Tisdale?

Really? Another no content comment?

And are you implying that the graphs from Bob Tisdale are anything but honest representations of the public data?

And while Goddard is obviously biased in his viewpoint (as are many from your side as well), surely his links to public information are as reliable as their source.

Ideas stand or fall on the merit of the idea, not who espouses them.

Hey Ian........thought you'd get a kick out of this. Environmental groups spent 85 million for the 2014 mid-terms and get their clocks cleaned..........virtually all the candidates that ran with a big climate change platform got schooled.

The big "conspiracy denier" guys won............huge!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Hmmm..........:funnyface::fu::funnyface:........... The Climate Lost Big-Time in Tuesday s Election Mother Jones

As Ive been saying..............the science isn't mattering. The fact that most Americans are freezing their asses off even in summertime for the past 3 years............:bye1::lmao::lmao:

Yup. I think you and Frank are right. The public has tuned out global warming hysteria because it never happens even thought we're told it's just around the corner.

For me though, I like the science and find the politics boring. Hey, it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.

Well, Mr. Ian, by the time this year is over, your nonsense about cooling and pause will be recognized by all for what it is. Just as you claimed that you accept whatever the BEST project headed by Muller found, and then when it turned out that he verified the readings and conclusions by the scientists, you will not accept the reality of 2015.

How exactly can I be accused of cut and run?

Why do you keep claiming the adjustments make the warming look bigger, when the adjustments make the warming look smaller?

That's what you're running from. Over and over. Your conspiracy theory is flat out contradicted by reality, making it garbage.

I put up a graph to illustrate the Pooh flinging monkey's point,

Lose the namecalling. I've been respectful, while you've consistently been a jackass. A hypocritical one, being how much you whine about namecalling.

then I discussed some of the particulars,

Which were dishonest diversions. The particulars don't freakin' matter. You tossed them out so you didn't have to explain why the temperature record adjustments do the opposite of what you claim they do.

then I turned it over to mamooth

And I refused to be diverted by your red herrings, so now you're in trouble. None of your diversion tactics are working. I just keep bringing you back to the point you're trying so hard to run from.

You want to discuss it for the first time, instead of just thinking up new ways to avoid the issue?

Again, it doesn't freakin' matter why the adjustments were made. It doesn't freakin' matter if they're valid or not.

For purposes of debunking your conspiracy nuttery, the only thing that matters that the adjustments make the warming look smaller, and that scientists deliberately put them in. Those two facts alone completely destroy your precious conspiracy theory.

How exactly can I be accused of cut and run?

Why do you keep claiming the adjustments make the warming look bigger, when the adjustments make the warming look smaller?

That's what you're running from. Over and over. Your conspiracy theory is flat out contradicted by reality, making it garbage.

I put up a graph to illustrate the Pooh flinging monkey's point,

Lose the namecalling. I've been respectful, while you've consistently been a jackass. A hypocritical one, being how much you whine about namecalling.

then I discussed some of the particulars,

Which were dishonest diversions. The particulars don't freakin' matter. You tossed them out so you didn't have to explain why the temperature record adjustments do the opposite of what you claim they do.

then I turned it over to mamooth

And I refused to be diverted by your red herrings, so now you're in trouble. None of your diversion tactics are working. I just keep bringing you back to the point you're trying so hard to run from.

You want to discuss it for the first time, instead of just thinking up new ways to avoid the issue?

Again, it doesn't freakin' matter why the adjustments were made. It doesn't freakin' matter if they're valid or not.

For purposes of debunking your conspiracy nuttery, the only thing that matters that the adjustments make the warming look smaller, and that scientists deliberately put them in. Those two facts alone completely destroy your precious conspiracy theory.
Funny stuff. Why is anyone touching historical data at all?

Funny stuff. Why is anyone touching historical data at all?
Your ignorance about science is your own problem, JustCrazy. Scientists understand a great many things that are very clearly far beyond your obviously very limited comprehension.

Well, Mr. Ian, by the time this year is over, your nonsense about cooling and pause will be recognized by all for what it is. Just as you claimed that you accept whatever the BEST project headed by Muller found, and then when it turned out that he verified the readings and conclusions by the scientists, you will not accept the reality of 2015.

Ray....sorry but only if we see a pronounced weather phenomena occurring over a protracted period of time.................like no snow at the New England ski resorts for a whole season. Or wind sailing in the middle of Lake Superior in late January for 3 weeks. 95% of the country couldn't give a rats ass about the "readings". They know what they feel outside and in the past 3 years, even in summertime, Americans have been freezing their nut sacks off. In New York, ask anybody who isn't a nut and they'd tell you beach days have been rare......unlike years ago!!

And its funny........the same BS bomb thrower speculation when a weather anomaly occurred over the past 20 years and fueled global warming hysteria is now biting the AGW crowd in the ass as temperatures and winters have been bitter in recent years. The AGW people will post up nonsense figures but what matters is what people are perceiving. That's just the way it is.

The nutters talk about "ignorance of science". People don't care about the science so its a moot point. Go on FACEBOOK right now and see if you can find one single person talking about global warming. Even if you can find one single post, 100% certainty there is nothing in the comments section = no responses. Because people don't give a rats ass. Which necessarily means..........nobody is caring about the science. And every poll backs that up!!!

Forum List

Back