Uh-ooohh Spaghettios... the US in ten year cooling trend?

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
Yup, that's exactly what is, the United States has been COOLING for the PAST DECADE... you don't have to tell me. I can't remember the last time we had back to back winters in Wisconsin that were so BLISTERING COLD, and SUSTAINED. So read it and weep, progtards...

America’s Most Advanced Climate Station Data Shows US In A 10-Year Cooling Trend

Data from America’s most advanced climate monitoring system shows the U.S. has undergone a cooling trend over the last decade, despite recent claims by government scientists that warming has accelerated worldwide during that time.

Advanced Climate Station Data Shows U.S. In A Cooling Trend The Daily Caller

Area of the continental US: 7,663,941.7 km2
Area of the Earth: 510,100,000 km2
RATIO: 1.5%

Coverage bias in the HadCRUT4 temperature series and its impact on recent temperature trends - Cowtan - 2014 - Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society - Wiley Online Library

Coverage bias in the HadCRUT4 temperature series and its impact on recent temperature trends

Abstract

Incomplete global coverage is a potential source of bias in global temperature reconstructions if the unsampled regions are not uniformly distributed over the planet's surface. The widely used Hadley Centre–Climatic Reseach Unit Version 4 (HadCRUT4) dataset covers on average about 84% of the globe over recent decades, with the unsampled regions being concentrated at the poles and over Africa. Three existing reconstructions with near-global coverage are examined, each suggesting that HadCRUT4 is subject to bias due to its treatment of unobserved regions.

Two alternative approaches for reconstructing global temperatures are explored, one based on an optimal interpolation algorithm and the other a hybrid method incorporating additional information from the satellite temperature record. The methods are validated on the basis of their skill at reconstructing omitted sets of observations. Both methods provide results superior to excluding the unsampled regions, with the hybrid method showing particular skill around the regions where no observations are available.

Temperature trends are compared for the hybrid global temperature reconstruction and the raw HadCRUT4 data. The widely quoted trend since 1997 in the hybrid global reconstruction is two and a half times greater than the corresponding trend in the coverage-biased HadCRUT4 data. Coverage bias causes a cool bias in recent temperatures relative to the late 1990s, which increases from around 1998 to the present. Trends starting in 1997 or 1998 are particularly biased with respect to the global trend. The issue is exacerbated by the strong El Niño event of 1997–1998, which also tends to suppress trends starting during those years.
*****************************************************************************************************************************
Despite those cold morning in Wisconsin, the Earth as a whole has been getting warmer.

qj2297-fig-0005.png

Figure 5. Comparison of null, kriging and hybrid reconstructions of the HadCRUT4 data over the period January 1979–December 2012. The data are shown with (a) a 12 month moving average and (b) a 60 month moving average. The original HadCRUT4 record before re-baselining of the map series (but offset to match the other series) is also shown, including uncertainty bounds in the upper figure. This figure is available in colour online atwileyonlinelibrary.com/journal/qj

Yup, that's exactly what is, the United States has been COOLING for the PAST DECADE... you don't have to tell me. I can't remember the last time we had back to back winters in Wisconsin that were so BLISTERING COLD, and SUSTAINED. So read it and weep, progtards...

America’s Most Advanced Climate Station Data Shows US In A 10-Year Cooling Trend

Data from America’s most advanced climate monitoring system shows the U.S. has undergone a cooling trend over the last decade, despite recent claims by government scientists that warming has accelerated worldwide during that time.

I live in Wisconsin. For one year. And I was told last winter was almost warm... That is warmer than what they're used to.

I live in Wisconsin. For one year. And I was told last winter was almost warm... That is warmer than what they're used to.
I've lived in Wisconsin most of my life, and I can tell you that last year and the year before both were record COLD years. We had early Falls, late Springs and short Summers. It's been abnormally cold here, period.

I've lived in Wisconsin most of my life, and I can tell you that last year and the year before both were record COLD years. We had early Falls, late Springs and short Summers. It's been abnormally cold here, period.
Well I fucking love it!

The hysteria on the left side is more accurate than the hysteria on the right side:

Facebook_meme_Global_Cooling_11.gif

And I can tell you that with regards to the global temperature, these personal, uninstrumented observations of the air temperature outside your door are UTTERLY WORTHLESS.

No matter the weather or the climate, the mail, like the plywood, must get through...There is no time to take temps....I believe most observers are in need of new glasses...

The hysteria on the left side is more accurate than the hysteria on the right side:

View attachment 42586

I thought you were clearly informed that the 1977 Time cover you're displaying here is a fake. It is a modified version of THIS cover

Time_Covoer_April_9_2007_1101070409_400.jpg

from April 9th of 2007.

So, you're lying M'Dear.

You are sorely misinformed.

Time Magazine had articles about the Coming Ice Age in the 1970s.

Here's one:

time.JPG

Another Ice Age - TIME

Newsweek promoted this "issue" as well.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

People east of the Rockies had a colder than normal winter this past year, while those of us west of the Rockies had a milder winter.

People east of the Rockies had a colder than normal winter this past year, while those of us west of the Rockies had a milder winter.
When I flew to wisconsin I flew over the Rockies they looked like so much fun!!!

View attachment 42586

I thought you were clearly informed that the 1977 Time cover you're displaying here is a fake. It is a modified version of THIS cover

Time_Covoer_April_9_2007_1101070409_400.jpg

from April 9th of 2007.

So, you're lying M'Dear.

You are sorely misinformed.

Time Magazine had articles about the Coming Ice Age in the 1970s.

Here's one:

View attachment 42590

Another Ice Age - TIME

Newsweek promoted this "issue" as well.
The part you chopped off:

"while New England and northern Europe have
recently experienced the mildest winters within anyone's recollection."

Forum List

Back