UFC star Ronda Rousey signs with WWE

... She’s the Tom Brady of mma. Babe Ruth. Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky. She’s in their category. ....

That's absurd hyperbole, to say the least.

I took it to mean the Tom Brady of women's MMA. Still not really a strong comparison, but better than if you're looking at men's MMA, too.

MMA itself hasn’t been around long enough, let alone anyone in it, to suggest such comparisons. It’s ridiculous.
Perhaps you just don't realize that people are entitled to think what they think. On another note, if Ronda doesn't like the sex she has with her man, does she beat the holy hell out of him?
I think he can take her

... She’s the Tom Brady of mma. Babe Ruth. Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky. She’s in their category. ....

I took it to mean the Tom Brady of women's MMA. Still not really a strong comparison, but better than if you're looking at men's MMA, too.

MMA itself hasn’t been around long enough, let alone anyone in it, to suggest such comparisons. It’s ridiculous.
They said that about babe ruth

No, they didn’t.

No, they didn’t.
Sure they did. The sport was too young they said. Sure he was great but the sport was invented in the 1800's and he was born in the 1800's. So you couldn't really call him the GOAT back then they said. Later they said it because it remained true for decades.

Maybe that will happen to Ronda. Will anyone have the run she had? I hope so. I love watching great champions go on long undefeated streaks. I hate watching fighters with 2 or more losses on their records. Time to retire.

So far Ronda is the GOAT of MMA womens. Deal with it. You can't even tell me who the current champ is.

No, they didn’t.
Sure they did.

Link to primary source.

No, they didn’t.
Sure they did.

Link to primary source.
No. First of all, there was no internet back then silly. And besides, have you ever once answered one of my questions? If you did I might provide that link.

No, they didn’t.
Sure they did.

Link to primary source.
First time Babe Ruth was called the GOAT was in 1954 when Sports Illustrated was started. His last game was 1935. 19 years later. When was Ronda's last fight? Ronda's last fight was 2016. In 17 years they will be writing that she's the goat.

No, they didn’t.
Sure they did.

Link to primary source.
No. First of all, there was no internet back then silly. And besides, have you ever once answered one of my questions? If you did I might provide that link.

Full of shit again, as expected.

No, they didn’t.
Sure they did.

Link to primary source.

Full of shit again, as expected.

I bet you think this is hot
giphy.gif

No, they didn’t.
Sure they did.

Link to primary source.
First time Babe Ruth was called the GOAT was in 1954 when Sports Illustrated was started. His last game was 1935. 19 years later. When was Ronda's last fight? Ronda's last fight was 2016. In 17 years they will be writing that she's the goat.

Rousey ended up with a 12-2 record. Joanna Jedrzejczyk is currently 14-2. Why not call her the greatest female MMA fighter? How about Amanda Nunes, who is 15-4, currently a champion, and beat Rousey? Cris Cyborg is 20-1 with 1 no contest, UFC champion, and considered almost undefeatable at this point. Why not her?

Rousey was the greatest female UFC fighter when she was champion. Not necessarily greatest female MMA fighter, just greatest female UFC fighter. Even that is almost certainly no longer true, as the UFC has expanded its slate of female fighters.

No, they didn’t.
Sure they did.

Link to primary source.

Rousey ended up with a 12-2 record. Joanna Jedrzejczyk is currently 14-2. Why not call her the greatest female MMA fighter? How about Amanda Nunes, who is 15-4, currently a champion, and beat Rousey? Cris Cyborg is 20-1 with 1 no contest, UFC champion, and considered almost undefeatable at this point. Why not her?

Rousey was the greatest female UFC fighter when she was champion. Not necessarily greatest female MMA fighter, just greatest female UFC fighter. Even that is almost certainly no longer true, as the UFC has expanded its slate of female fighters.

I hope someone surpasses her. I know she wasn't as great as we all thought. But so far, she's made the biggest splash. She was undefeated until the wheels fell off the bus. That's what made her great. Maybe I even give someone a pass for losing once. But once you've had 2 losses it's hard to say you are the greatest of all time although I'm sure there could be exceptions. It matters when you lost. And did you fight 40 times and only lose twice? 14 and 2 is not impressive.

I like Cris Cyborg. She could be the next one. I actually didn't know there was a girl out there with this kind of record. I haven't been following MMA closely. I'm waiting for an up and comer to be really exciting to watch, then we will start ordering pay per views again. I'm not paying money to watch one of the Diaz brothers fight again.

No, they didn’t.
Sure they did.

Link to primary source.

I hope someone surpasses her. I know she wasn't as great as we all thought. But so far, she's made the biggest splash. She was undefeated until the wheels fell off the bus. That's what made her great. Maybe I even give someone a pass for losing once. But once you've had 2 losses it's hard to say you are the greatest of all time although I'm sure there could be exceptions. It matters when you lost. And did you fight 40 times and only lose twice? 14 and 2 is not impressive.

I like Cris Cyborg. She could be the next one. I actually didn't know there was a girl out there with this kind of record. I haven't been following MMA closely. I'm waiting for an up and comer to be really exciting to watch, then we will start ordering pay per views again. I'm not paying money to watch one of the Diaz brothers fight again.

Why is 14-2 not impressive, but Rousey's 12-2 is? And just like Rousey, Jedrzejczyk was undefeated before losing 2 in a row (both to Rose Namajunas).

Cyborg only lost her first fight, although she did have the no contest and was banned for a year for PEDs.

Rousey made such a splash in large part because it was the beginning of women's fighters in the UFC. Of course her success prior to the UFC is a big part of what made her, and women's fighters, appealing to the UFC, but there was not that much competition when Rousey started her UFC career.

Perhaps you just don't realize that people are entitled to think what they think. On another note, if Ronda doesn't like the sex she has with her man, does she beat the holy hell out of him?
I certainly hope so!

Sure they did.

Link to primary source.

Why is 14-2 not impressive, but Rousey's 12-2 is? And just like Rousey,
was undefeated before losing 2 in a row (both to Rose Namajunas).

Cyborg only lost her first fight, although she did have the no contest and was banned for a year for PEDs.

Rousey made such a splash in large part because it was the beginning of women's fighters in the UFC. Of course her success prior to the UFC is a big part of what made her, and women's fighters, appealing to the UFC, but there was not that much competition when Rousey started her UFC career.

They haven't marketed Jedrzejczyk properly then.

Are you suggesting Jed or Nama are the GOAT?

Yes, Ronda made the biggest splash. No one has out shined her yet. The day you think there is someone else who is worthy of GOAT conversation let me know.

Sure they did.

Link to primary source.

Why is 14-2 not impressive, but Rousey's 12-2 is? And just like Rousey, Jedrzejczyk was undefeated before losing 2 in a row (both to Rose Namajunas).

Jedrzejczyk

Jędrzejczyk next faced undefeated strawweight top contender Cláudia Gadelha on December 13, 2014, at UFC on Fox 13.[22] She won the fight via split decision. The judges' decision was met with much controversy as the majority of the MMA media scored the bout in favor of Gadelha.

So she could easily have 3 losses on her record

She defended her title 5 times. HOw many times did Ronda defend her title? 6

Ronda Rousey took her time -- all of 34 seconds -- before she knocked out Bethe Correia to defend her women's bantamweight title for a sixth time. It was the longest of Rousey's last three title defenses.

In her previous fight, Rousey was one second shy of setting the UFC record for the fastest finish in a title fight. After submitting Zingano via -- what else? -- an armbar in 14 seconds, Rousey broke the record by one second. The fight ended so quickly, neither fighter registered a thrown punch or kick.

Link to primary source.

Yes, Ronda made the biggest splash. No one has out shined her yet. The day you think there is someone else who is worthy of GOAT conversation let me know.

If we're talking about the UFC, Namajunas could be. There's really not a lot of women's fighters to compare. Rousey, in the end, does not look like the greatest ever after such a fast and total fall from the top. She didn't just lose her title, she seemingly lost her will to fight.

Rousey was 6-2 in the UFC, and had extremely limited competition early on. Amanda Nunes is 8-1 in the UFC, including having knocked out Rousey. Joanna Jedrzejczyk is 8-2 in the UFC, and while she did lose her last 2 fights, similarly to Rousey, she has not left the sport. Cyborg is 5-0 in the UFC to go with her 20-1-0-1 overall record.

What are you basing Rousey's ranking as the GOAT on, exactly? How can you consider comparing her to Brady, or Gretzky, or Jordan, or any athlete who not only was great, but didn't give the impression of being scared away from their sport after losing?

Making a big splash does not make one the greatest. I would definitely put Cyborg over Rousey, probably Nunes, and depending on how it goes from here, Jedrzejczyk.

Who’s better in hockey than Wayne Gretzky?

Jordan, Brady, babe Ruth.

I can’t name one other female mma fighter. Ronda is the goat of female mma.

You have no argument against her. And you can’t name anyone else in the running, which means she’s the only person to even qualify for the ballot
Rhonda had a great run, but the secret to beating her is out.
Very true but I’m still right as of right now she’s the greatest
Maybe

If we're talking about the UFC, Namajunas could be. There's really not a lot of women's fighters to compare. Rousey, in the end, does not look like the greatest ever after such a fast and total fall from the top. She didn't just lose her title, she seemingly lost her will to fight.

Rousey was 6-2 in the UFC, and had extremely limited competition early on. Amanda Nunes is 8-1 in the UFC, including having knocked out Rousey. Joanna Jedrzejczyk is 8-2 in the UFC, and while she did lose her last 2 fights, similarly to Rousey, she has not left the sport. Cyborg is 5-0 in the UFC to go with her 20-1-0-1 overall record.

What are you basing Rousey's ranking as the GOAT on, exactly? How can you consider comparing her to Brady, or Gretzky, or Jordan, or any athlete who not only was great, but didn't give the impression of being scared away from their sport after losing?

Making a big splash does not make one the greatest. I would definitely put Cyborg over Rousey, probably Nunes, and depending on how it goes from here, Jedrzejczyk.
Cyborg sounds like she has passed her but they haven’t hyped her like they hyped roused.

Ronda reminds me of tiger woods more than she does Jordan.

Guess she needs the fight fixed to actually win
Oh who cares. She had a great run in the ufc. Now tonight she’s headlining wwe final match. At first she sucked but she’s getting more comfortable wrestling and talking. And she’s got some lethal moves. I know it’s fake but the good ones entertain us regardless. Lots of fun.

Rousey is the baddest broad on the planet. She is a heavy favorite to beat the Goddess, Alexa Bliss, at Summer Slam.

The tale of the tape shows Rousey is a lot bigger than Bliss, but Ms. Bliss was also outsized by Nia Jax and beat the woman who is thrice her size.

Rousey is the baddest broad on the planet. She is a heavy favorite to beat the Goddess, Alexa Bliss, at Summer Slam.

The tale of the tape shows Rousey is a lot bigger than Bliss, but Ms. Bliss was also outsized by Nia Jax and beat the woman who is thrice her size.

Whatever's in the script is how it will be. :)

Forum List

Back