UFC star Ronda Rousey signs with WWE

Guess she needs the fight fixed to actually win
Go see her in her movie out this Friday called Mile 22. And do please leave your hateraid at home

That does not seem like a theater-worthy movie.
Very few movies are.

Point is Ronda is the goat of ufc women champions. She’s the richest most famous and most successful. Whoever hated on her has to deal with it. I’m happy for her

These aren't all UFC champs, but here's a list that puts Rousey 4th all time in women's MMA fighters, with explanations from 3 different people, including a former UFC women's fighter.

Cris Cyborg, Ronda Rousey and the 10 Best Fighters in Women's MMA History

Rousey is almost certainly the most famous women's UFC fighter ever. She may be the richest. Her UFC success, however, is very arguably not the best. :dunno:

Go see her in her movie out this Friday called Mile 22. And do please leave your hateraid at home

Very few movies are.

Point is Ronda is the goat of ufc women champions. She’s the richest most famous and most successful. Whoever hated on her has to deal with it. I’m happy for her

These aren't all UFC champs, but here's a list that puts Rousey 4th all time in women's MMA fighters, with explanations from 3 different people, including a former UFC women's fighter.

Rousey is almost certainly the most famous women's UFC fighter ever. She may be the richest. Her UFC success, however, is very arguably not the best. :dunno:
Who’s had a better run?

Very few movies are.

Who’s had a better run?

We've already discussed this. :eusa_wall:

Very few movies are.

Who’s had a better run?

We've already discussed this. :eusa_wall:
I know but I’m rubbing it in to the haters. She’s the best, most famous, got the most out of it, most popular.

I don’t want to hear about cyborg. No one gives a shit and no ones watching anymore. I don’t even know who the champ is now.

Ronda is the tiger woods of mma. Put her on a pay per view watch viewership skyrocket. She might one day like Brock Lesner.

So go see her movie and dream about cyborg one day getting a role on dancing with the stars

What happened to that nice blonde girl who knocked that mouthy bitch out ?
Oh here. Lovely

Where is the girl who beat her now? Ronda makes over a million a year in the wwe and she as in a movie this weekend with Mark walberg

It’s a great move for RR. She is no longer undefeatable in MMA. But she still has her best talent of trash talking and being offended over stupid stuff. She will be able to make more millions with less risk of more brain damage.
Think about it. She’s the greatest mma women fighter ever. She’s the Tom Brady of mma. Babe Ruth. Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky. She’s in their category. So what a great fit for her.

Ummm, no she's not. She was good for a while, but once they figured out that she couldn't take a hit, she was done.

Rousey ended up with a 12-2 record. Joanna Jedrzejczyk is currently 14-2. Why not call her the greatest female MMA fighter? How about Amanda Nunes, who is 15-4, currently a champion, and beat Rousey? Cris Cyborg is 20-1 with 1 no contest, UFC champion, and considered almost undefeatable at this point. Why not her?

Rousey was the greatest female UFC fighter when she was champion. Not necessarily greatest female MMA fighter, just greatest female UFC fighter. Even that is almost certainly no longer true, as the UFC has expanded its slate of female fighters.

I hope someone surpasses her. I know she wasn't as great as we all thought. But so far, she's made the biggest splash. She was undefeated until the wheels fell off the bus. That's what made her great. Maybe I even give someone a pass for losing once. But once you've had 2 losses it's hard to say you are the greatest of all time although I'm sure there could be exceptions. It matters when you lost. And did you fight 40 times and only lose twice? 14 and 2 is not impressive.

I like Cris Cyborg. She could be the next one. I actually didn't know there was a girl out there with this kind of record. I haven't been following MMA closely. I'm waiting for an up and comer to be really exciting to watch, then we will start ordering pay per views again. I'm not paying money to watch one of the Diaz brothers fight again.

Why is 14-2 not impressive, but Rousey's 12-2 is? And just like Rousey,
was undefeated before losing 2 in a row (both to Rose Namajunas).

Cyborg only lost her first fight, although she did have the no contest and was banned for a year for PEDs.

Rousey made such a splash in large part because it was the beginning of women's fighters in the UFC. Of course her success prior to the UFC is a big part of what made her, and women's fighters, appealing to the UFC, but there was not that much competition when Rousey started her UFC career.

They haven't marketed Jedrzejczyk properly then.

Are you suggesting Jed or Nama are the GOAT?

Yes, Ronda made the biggest splash. No one has out shined her yet. The day you think there is someone else who is worthy of GOAT conversation let me know.

If we're talking about the UFC, Namajunas could be. There's really not a lot of women's fighters to compare. Rousey, in the end, does not look like the greatest ever after such a fast and total fall from the top. She didn't just lose her title, she seemingly lost her will to fight.

Rousey was 6-2 in the UFC, and had extremely limited competition early on. Amanda Nunes is 8-1 in the UFC, including having knocked out Rousey. Joanna Jedrzejczyk is 8-2 in the UFC, and while she did lose her last 2 fights, similarly to Rousey, she has not left the sport. Cyborg is 5-0 in the UFC to go with her 20-1-0-1 overall record.

What are you basing Rousey's ranking as the GOAT on, exactly? How can you consider comparing her to Brady, or Gretzky, or Jordan, or any athlete who not only was great, but didn't give the impression of being scared away from their sport after losing?

Making a big splash does not make one the greatest. I would definitely put Cyborg over Rousey, probably Nunes, and depending on how it goes from here, Jedrzejczyk.
Cyborg sounds like she has passed her but they haven’t hyped her like they hyped roused.

Ronda reminds me of tiger woods more than she does Jordan.
Cyborg's record is stained with a PED violation. Also, she looks like a tranny.

Ummm, no she's not. She was good for a while, but once they figured out that she couldn't take a hit, she was done.

She beat Bliss pretty convincingly. Although I wonder how well she will do against Asuka or bigger gals like Jax.

She just became champ. You should see the wwe universe losing their minds.

Brock lesner losthis title. Now he can go lose in the ufc next. He’s not that good and he’s losing muscle mass

The President should invite Ms. Rousey for WH visit.

The Philadelphia gridironers nor the NBA champions didn't want to go, but I bet Rousey and the new men's champion, Reigns would be pleased to visit. The President is a WWE Hall of Famer you know

She beat Bliss pretty convincingly. Although I wonder how well she will do against Asuka or bigger gals like Jax.

Gina Carano would have cleaned her clock, and Gina isn't that big either.

It’s a great move for RR. She is no longer undefeatable in MMA. But she still has her best talent of trash talking and being offended over stupid stuff. She will be able to make more millions with less risk of more brain damage.
Think about it. She’s the greatest mma women fighter ever. She’s the Tom Brady of mma. Babe Ruth. Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky. She’s in their category. So what a great fit for her.

That's true of everyone. Look at Tyson. Is Buster Douglas better than Tyson? Holyfield? Lennex Louis? All those other schlubs? Nope. Tyson had a great run and no one has come close to him since he retired. Same for Ronda. No one.

You must not be an athlete like a wrestler or fighter or boxer. Once you're done you are done. Glass jaw, whatever. Point is, lets see someone have the same run Ronda had and milk it for all it's worth like she did.

If I hear the name Cyborg one more time I'm going to throw up.

That's true of everyone. Look at Tyson. Is Buster Douglas better than Tyson? Holyfield? Lennex Louis? All those other schlubs? Nope. Tyson had a great run and no one has come close to him since he retired. Same for Ronda. No one.

You must not be an athlete like a wrestler or fighter or boxer. Once you're done you are done. Glass jaw, whatever. Point is, lets see someone have the same run Ronda had and milk it for all it's worth like she did.

If I hear the name Cyborg one more time I'm going to throw up.

I didn't mention cyborg, you did. I talked about Carano who was a much better all around fighter than rhonda. Rousey got into the sport at the exact perfect time. And she's getting out before she gets really hurt. Good for her.

Forum List

Back