UCLA did not hesitate to help us know proper etiquette when discussing a gender issue.

turzovka

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2012
The Blaze is mocking the sensitivities of the editors of The Bruin, UCLAā€™s college newspaper. These politically corrects (which means wacky left to me) have gone so far off the deep end that these ā€œincongruitiesā€ in life (i.e. our boorish misunderstandings of how to address or treat "other kinds") have become their salient goals to save mankind from itself. Matters such as global terrorism, national debt, immoral behaviors, abandonment of God and religious principles, etc. are merely the product of right wing Christian alarmists. You know, ā€œus peopleā€ who live in our own fantasy world and are the bane of the real ā€œgood and moral humanistsā€ who know not only what is most important for our own good, but are also here to calm our concerns about life after death. (I donā€™t know how they do it?). But making sure we do not speak of women as women or men as men anymore, that is a major taboo and affront.

Ok, Iā€™m rambling. Here is the editorā€™s note which the Blaze was ridiculing that preceded the article. Itā€™s a mad, mad world.

Editorā€™s note: This blog post refers to individuals who menstruate as women because the author wanted to highlight gender inequality in health care. We acknowledge that not all individuals who menstruate identify as women and that not all individuals who identify as women menstruate, but feel this generalization is appropriate considering the gendered nature of most health care policies.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/22/college-newspaper-called-national-laughingstock-over-silly-disclaimer-about-gender-identity-but-you-have-to-read-it-to-believe-it/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Firewire&utm_campaign=FireWire%20-%20HORIZON%207-22-15%20FINAL

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And here is the actual article in the UCLA college newspaper. For the record, I have no problem subsidizing tampons for the homeless and those on poverty. I do not believe it should be a free item to all women on health care plans. Target those in need only.
http://dailybruin.com/2015/07/20/free-tampons-would-slow-flow-of-gender-inequality/

Last edited:
The Blaze is mocking the sensitivities of the editors of The Bruin, UCLAā€™s college newspaper. These politically corrects (which means wacky left to me) have gone so far off the deep end that these ā€œincongruitiesā€ in life (i.e. our boorish misunderstandings of how to address or treat "other kinds") have become their salient goals to save mankind from itself. Matters such as global terrorism, national debt, immoral behaviors, abandonment of God and religious principles, etc. are merely the product of right wing Christian alarmists. You know, ā€œus peopleā€ who live in our own fantasy world and are the bane of the real ā€œgood and moral humanistsā€ who know not only what is most important for our own good, but are also here to calm our concerns about life after death. (I donā€™t know how they do it?). But making sure we do not speak of women as women or men as men anymore, that is a major taboo and affront.

Ok, Iā€™m rambling. Here is the editorā€™s note which the Blaze was ridiculing that preceded the article. Itā€™s a mad, mad world.

Editorā€™s note: This blog post refers to individuals who menstruate as women because the author wanted to highlight gender inequality in health care. We acknowledge that not all individuals who menstruate identify as women and that not all individuals who identify as women menstruate, but feel this generalization is appropriate considering the gendered nature of most health care policies.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/22/college-newspaper-called-national-laughingstock-over-silly-disclaimer-about-gender-identity-but-you-have-to-read-it-to-believe-it/?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Firewire&utm_campaign=FireWire%20-%20HORIZON%207-22-15%20FINAL

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And here is the actual article in the UCLA college newspaper. For the record, I have no problem subsidizing tampons for the homeless and those on poverty. I do not believe it should be a free item to all women on health care plans. Target those in need only.
http://dailybruin.com/2015/07/20/free-tampons-would-slow-flow-of-gender-inequality/
If the taxpayer subsidizes tampons, Kotex will become a multi-trillion dollar company. Pads will cost $10 each because the government forces the purchase of them.

Forum List

Back