U.S. women's olympic soccer team beats the Kiwis on first game

I wonder how they will survive without you.

As a niche sport in the USA, soccer cannot afford to lose large numbers of viewers. Fewer viewers, fewer corporate sponsors and less TV time.

Americans don't watch sporting events to see our teams lose. Especially major events like the Olympics. Why are you seeing archery, rowing and fencing on NBC this year? Because US athletes are winning in them. When we weren't winning, you never saw those events on TV. Soccer was the same way.

I wonder how they will survive without you.

As a niche sport in the USA, soccer cannot afford to lose large numbers of viewers. Fewer viewers, fewer corporate sponsors and less TV time.

Americans don't watch sporting events to see our teams lose. Especially major events like the Olympics. Why are you seeing archery, rowing and fencing on NBC this year? Because US athletes are winning in them. When we weren't winning, you never saw those events on TV. Soccer was the same way.

I am sure your refusal to watch will cause the Women's Soccer Empire to crumble. lol

The funniest part is that, by posting in this thread, you are helping with the US team's publicity. It is negative now, but will still draw viewers. They have won 3 World cups. If you are this petty and childish when they fall once, you aren't worth a shit as a fan anyway. You are one of those bandwagon fans. You'll cheer for "our" team when they win, but disown them when they lose. Pitiful. But not surprising.

Go ahead and watch LifeTime network or reruns of Gilligan's Island. It will have no effect.

Forum List

Back