Muhammad becomes first Muslim American to represent the US Olympic Team wearing a hijab

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
A great face of changing America

In addition to being eighth worldwide, the New Jersey native arrived at the Olympic Games ranked No. 2 in the U.S., yet her greatness goes beyond her athleticism.

Muhammad, who attended Duke on an academic scholarship, was one of Time's 100 Most influential People in 2016. In 2014, she launched her own clothing company called Louella which makes clothing that is both modest and fashion forward.

She is also a sports ambassador for the U.S. State Department's Empowering Women and Girls Through Sport Initiative and travels the world to teach girls the importance of sports and education.

Muhammad becomes first Muslim American to represent the US Olympic Team wearing a hijab

Muslim American fencer to Donald Trump: ‘I don’t have another home

Ibtihaj Muhammad, the fencer who happens to also be the first American Muslim woman to compete in the Olympics while wearing a hijab, had strong words for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump about his immigration plans for Muslims.

“I think his words are very dangerous,” Muhammad, who is competing in team sabre competition Monday morning, told CNN last week. “When these types of comments are made, no one thinks about how they really affect people. I’m African American. I don’t have another home to go to. My family was born here. I was born here. I’ve grown up in Jersey. All my family’s from Jersey.

Muslim American fencer to Donald Trump: ‘I don’t have another home’

IRONY.jpg

In 6 months, if that, she wont' be remembered, she lost.

IN 4 years, her name may pop up, if she makes the team again.

A great face of changing America

In addition to being eighth worldwide, the New Jersey native arrived at the Olympic Games ranked No. 2 in the U.S., yet her greatness goes beyond her athleticism.

Muhammad, who attended Duke on an academic scholarship, was one of Time's 100 Most influential People in 2016. In 2014, she launched her own clothing company called Louella which makes clothing that is both modest and fashion forward.

She is also a sports ambassador for the U.S. State Department's Empowering Women and Girls Through Sport Initiative and travels the world to teach girls the importance of sports and education.

Muslim American fencer to Donald Trump: ‘I don’t have another home

Ibtihaj Muhammad, the fencer who happens to also be the first American Muslim woman to compete in the Olympics while wearing a hijab, had strong words for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump about his immigration plans for Muslims.

“I think his words are very dangerous,” Muhammad, who is competing in team sabre competition Monday morning, told CNN last week. “When these types of comments are made, no one thinks about how they really affect people. I’m African American. I don’t have another home to go to. My family was born here. I was born here. I’ve grown up in Jersey. All my family’s from Jersey.

Muslim American fencer to Donald Trump: ‘I don’t have another home’

What words did Trump use that applied to her?

Let's rewrite the line to more accurately reflect the reality of the action:

Muhammad becomes first Muslim American to represent the US Olympic Team wearing a symbol of domination, submission and misogyny.

Why is anyone talking about this token?

Until we start competing with the Italians in women's fencing we will be tossing up only tokens.

Let's rewrite the line to more accurately reflect the reality of the action:

Muhammad becomes first Muslim American to represent the US Olympic Team wearing a symbol of domination, submission and misogyny.

If I could rate this post 500 times I would.

Well done

She lost....bye
So what part of her don't you like the most, the fact that she is African American, or the fact that she is a Muslim?

How about the fact that she willingly oppresses herself. Sorry but we protect our women and do not stand for those who oppress them.

I feel sorry for her.... American women don't deserve to be oppressed.

Forum List

Back