U.S. Veterans to form Human Shield at Dakota Pipeline Protest

Wow!

----------------
By Terray Sylvester | CANNON BALL, N.D.
More than 2,000 U.S. military veterans plan to form a human shield to protect protesters of a pipeline project near a Native American reservation in North Dakota, organizers said, just ahead of a federal deadline for activists to leave the camp they have been occupying.

It comes as North Dakota law enforcement backed away from a previous plan to cut off supplies to the camp – an idea quickly abandoned after an outcry and with law enforcement’s treatment of Dakota Access Pipeline protesters increasingly under the microscope.

The protesters have spent months rallying against plans to route the $3.8 billion Dakota Access Pipeline beneath a lake near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, saying it poses a threat to water resources and sacred Native American sites.

Protesters include various Native American tribes as well as environmentalists and even actors including Shailene Woodley.

State officials issued an order on Monday for activists to vacate the Oceti Sakowin camp, located on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers land near Cannon Ball, North Dakota, citing harsh weather conditions.

The state's latest decision not to stop cars entering the protest site indicated local officials will not actively enforce Monday's emergency order to evacuate the camp issued by Governor Jack Dalrymple.

Dalrymple warned on Wednesday that it was "probably not feasible" to reroute the pipeline, but said he had requested a meeting with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Council to rebuild a relationship.

"We need to begin now to talk about how we are going to return to a peaceful relationship,” he said on a conference call.

The 1,172-mile (1,885 km) pipeline project, owned by Texas-based Energy Transfer Partners LP (ETP.N), is mostly complete, except for a segment planned to run under Lake Oahe, a reservoir formed by a dam on the Missouri River.

Veterans Stand for Standing Rock, a contingent of more than 2,000 U.S. military veterans, intends to go to North Dakota by this weekend and form a human wall in front of police, protest organizers said on a Facebook page. Organizers could not immediately be reached for comment.

"I figured this was more important than anything else I could be doing,” Guy Dull Knife, 69, a Vietnam War Army veteran, told Reuters at the main camp.

Rest here: U.S. veterans to form human shield at Dakota pipeline protest
2000 unemployed vets, no doubt.

So you hate vets. Job well done. Kiss the boots of the oil baron ceos....who sit on their butts and work not.

Wow!

----------------
More than 2,000 U.S. military veterans plan to form a human shield to protect protesters of a pipeline project near a Native American reservation in North Dakota, organizers said, just ahead of a federal deadline for activists to leave the camp they have been occupying.

It comes as North Dakota law enforcement backed away from a previous plan to cut off supplies to the camp – an idea quickly abandoned after an outcry and with law enforcement’s treatment of Dakota Access Pipeline protesters increasingly under the microscope.

The protesters have spent months rallying against plans to route the $3.8 billion Dakota Access Pipeline beneath a lake near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, saying it poses a threat to water resources and sacred Native American sites.

Protesters include various Native American tribes as well as environmentalists and even actors including Shailene Woodley.

State officials issued an order on Monday for activists to vacate the Oceti Sakowin camp, located on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers land near Cannon Ball, North Dakota, citing harsh weather conditions.

The state's latest decision not to stop cars entering the protest site indicated local officials will not actively enforce Monday's emergency order to evacuate the camp issued by Governor Jack Dalrymple.

Dalrymple warned on Wednesday that it was "probably not feasible" to reroute the pipeline, but said he had requested a meeting with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Council to rebuild a relationship.

"We need to begin now to talk about how we are going to return to a peaceful relationship,” he said on a conference call.

The 1,172-mile (1,885 km) pipeline project, owned by Texas-based Energy Transfer Partners LP (ETP.N), is mostly complete, except for a segment planned to run under Lake Oahe, a reservoir formed by a dam on the Missouri River.

Veterans Stand for Standing Rock, a contingent of more than 2,000 U.S. military veterans, intends to go to North Dakota by this weekend and form a human wall in front of police, protest organizers said on a Facebook page. Organizers could not immediately be reached for comment.

"I figured this was more important than anything else I could be doing,” Guy Dull Knife, 69, a Vietnam War Army veteran, told Reuters at the main camp.

You show some goddamned respect to our veterans, conservative maggot.

Wow!

----------------

Don't thaw protestors out. Valuable stem cells can be used. Protestors can than truly contribute something worthwhile.

Wow!

----------------

Don't thaw protestors out. Valuable stem cells can be used. Protestors can than truly contribute something worthwhile.

You already posted that. Do you need to take some fucking memory pills?

The pipeline originally was supposed to go through north of Bismark, ND which is 95% White. They cut that plan because of a danger that the pipeline would burst and affect the water supply. Now they are running it through the Indian Reservation and saying there is no chance of the line breaking and contaminating the water supply... REALLY? Fucking REALLY?

Pipeline route plan first called for crossing north of Bismarck
How does natural gas contaminate anything?
Lying little cocksuck, it is an oil pipeline, the existing one is a natural gas pipeline.

Wow!

----------------

Their supplies should be cutoff and anyone who obstructs law enforcement should be hauled off to jail.

I'd think all this protesting was stupid if not for routing the pipeline UNDER A LAKE?

I wouldn't want that either... wtf?

Go around it.

I have my own water well, and if the DNR came to my home and said they were going to dig under my well and run a fucking oil line, I'd tell them to go fuck themselves too.

Another person who does not understand gravity! Wow!

They should have to pay 1 million dollars per linear foot to run the line....seems more than fair.

The facts are simple. The pipeline does not cross tribal land. AND it follows the same route as the Northern Border pipeline.

The goal of the protestors is to stop the development of the Bakkens. Quite simple. Just like the bullshit that was pulled over the XL. That goal was to try to stop production in oil sands in Alberta.

Same enviro whacko bullshit. Different location.

These assholes are part of the "leave it in the ground" fools.
I have an idea....they can build pipelines on or near your property and 007's property, etc. And the land was part of the Fort Laramie treaty which has never been reputiated.
I've got NATURAL GAS to my house, and I bet you do too, DUMBASS.

Now what? You got something even MORE STUPID to say?
Request Rejected

The Dakota Access Pipeline Project is a new approximate 1,172-mile, 30-inch diameter pipeline that will connect the rapidly expanding Bakken and Three Forks production areas in North Dakota to Patoka, Illinois. The pipeline will enable domestically produced light sweet crude oil from North Dakota to reach major refining markets in a more direct, cost-effective, safer and environmentally responsible manner. The pipeline will also reduce the current use of rail and truck transportation to move Bakken crude oil to major U.S. markets to support domestic demand.

It is an oil pipeline, not a natural gas pipeline.

The pipeline originally was supposed to go through north of Bismark, ND which is 95% White. They cut that plan because of a danger that the pipeline would burst and affect the water supply. Now they are running it through the Indian Reservation and saying there is no chance of the line breaking and contaminating the water supply... REALLY? Fucking REALLY?

Pipeline route plan first called for crossing north of Bismarck

You tell me... so why was the route changed? And why is it ok to worry about contamination for White people but not on an Indian Reservation?
Again... now read this closely... WHAT DOES NATURAL GAS CONTAMINATE? K? Understand the question now?

You tell me.

and I told you... if it isn't going to contaminate anything, then why was it moved in the first place? Oh yeah... because the 95% White city was afraid it would contaminate their water supply. Do you NOT get it?

How does natural gas contaminate a water supply?

Wow!

----------------

Their supplies should be cutoff and anyone who obstructs law enforcement should be hauled off to jail.

Were you always such a pathetic boot-licker?

You tell me... so why was the route changed? And why is it ok to worry about contamination for White people but not on an Indian Reservation?
Again... now read this closely... WHAT DOES NATURAL GAS CONTAMINATE? K? Understand the question now?

You tell me.

and I told you... if it isn't going to contaminate anything, then why was it moved in the first place? Oh yeah... because the 95% White city was afraid it would contaminate their water supply. Do you NOT get it?
Are you INCAPABLE of ANSWERING A DIRECT, SIMPLE QUESTION?

WHAT DOES NATURAL GAS CONTAMINATE?

THAT RIGHT THERE... JUST ANSWER THAT... K?

Holy fuck...

And I told you I DON'T KNOW.... but if it doesn't, then why the fuck was it moved away from the original plans to build it by a 95% White city for fears it would contaminate their water supply to going through an Indian Reservation!

How about because it DOESN'T go through the reservation?

Forum List

Back