U.S. Veterans to form Human Shield at Dakota Pipeline Protest

SYTFE

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2016
Trolling/No Content
Wow!

----------------
By Terray Sylvester | CANNON BALL, N.D.
More than 2,000 U.S. military veterans plan to form a human shield to protect protesters of a pipeline project near a Native American reservation in North Dakota, organizers said, just ahead of a federal deadline for activists to leave the camp they have been occupying.

It comes as North Dakota law enforcement backed away from a previous plan to cut off supplies to the camp – an idea quickly abandoned after an outcry and with law enforcement’s treatment of Dakota Access Pipeline protesters increasingly under the microscope.

The protesters have spent months rallying against plans to route the $3.8 billion Dakota Access Pipeline beneath a lake near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, saying it poses a threat to water resources and sacred Native American sites.

Protesters include various Native American tribes as well as environmentalists and even actors including Shailene Woodley.

State officials issued an order on Monday for activists to vacate the Oceti Sakowin camp, located on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers land near Cannon Ball, North Dakota, citing harsh weather conditions.

The state's latest decision not to stop cars entering the protest site indicated local officials will not actively enforce Monday's emergency order to evacuate the camp issued by Governor Jack Dalrymple.

Dalrymple warned on Wednesday that it was "probably not feasible" to reroute the pipeline, but said he had requested a meeting with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Council to rebuild a relationship.

"We need to begin now to talk about how we are going to return to a peaceful relationship,” he said on a conference call.

The 1,172-mile (1,885 km) pipeline project, owned by Texas-based Energy Transfer Partners LP (ETP.N), is mostly complete, except for a segment planned to run under Lake Oahe, a reservoir formed by a dam on the Missouri River.

Veterans Stand for Standing Rock, a contingent of more than 2,000 U.S. military veterans, intends to go to North Dakota by this weekend and form a human wall in front of police, protest organizers said on a Facebook page. Organizers could not immediately be reached for comment.

"I figured this was more important than anything else I could be doing,” Guy Dull Knife, 69, a Vietnam War Army veteran, told Reuters at the main camp.

Rest here: U.S. veterans to form human shield at Dakota pipeline protest

Wow!

----------------
More than 2,000 U.S. military veterans plan to form a human shield to protect protesters of a pipeline project near a Native American reservation in North Dakota, organizers said, just ahead of a federal deadline for activists to leave the camp they have been occupying.

It comes as North Dakota law enforcement backed away from a previous plan to cut off supplies to the camp – an idea quickly abandoned after an outcry and with law enforcement’s treatment of Dakota Access Pipeline protesters increasingly under the microscope.

The protesters have spent months rallying against plans to route the $3.8 billion Dakota Access Pipeline beneath a lake near the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, saying it poses a threat to water resources and sacred Native American sites.

Protesters include various Native American tribes as well as environmentalists and even actors including Shailene Woodley.

State officials issued an order on Monday for activists to vacate the Oceti Sakowin camp, located on U.S. Army Corps of Engineers land near Cannon Ball, North Dakota, citing harsh weather conditions.

The state's latest decision not to stop cars entering the protest site indicated local officials will not actively enforce Monday's emergency order to evacuate the camp issued by Governor Jack Dalrymple.

Dalrymple warned on Wednesday that it was "probably not feasible" to reroute the pipeline, but said he had requested a meeting with the Standing Rock Sioux Tribal Council to rebuild a relationship.

"We need to begin now to talk about how we are going to return to a peaceful relationship,” he said on a conference call.

The 1,172-mile (1,885 km) pipeline project, owned by Texas-based Energy Transfer Partners LP (ETP.N), is mostly complete, except for a segment planned to run under Lake Oahe, a reservoir formed by a dam on the Missouri River.

Veterans Stand for Standing Rock, a contingent of more than 2,000 U.S. military veterans, intends to go to North Dakota by this weekend and form a human wall in front of police, protest organizers said on a Facebook page. Organizers could not immediately be reached for comment.

"I figured this was more important than anything else I could be doing,” Guy Dull Knife, 69, a Vietnam War Army veteran, told Reuters at the main camp.

What will happen when the oil police shoot decorated veterans in the face with rubber bullets and tear gas grenades? My guess would be nothing. Multi national energy corporations and banks enjoy more rights and much more power than the American people have.

i don't know who is right or wrong on this issue . But probably not such a good idea to raise veteran status to such high levels so that veterans can get away with this kinda stuff .

Wow!

----------------

Bad source

Wow!

----------------

What will happen when the oil police shoot decorated veterans in the face with rubber bullets and tear gas grenades? My guess would be nothing. Multi national energy corporations and banks enjoy more rights and much more power than the American people have.

Shooting them is a tad hyperbolic no? At any rate, welcome them to the mace/CS party and let their loved ones know where to bail them out at. Fuck'em.

lets see what happens thing is that these veterans are only veterans and they should obey the laws . I like veterans , lots of people in my family were / are veterans but that status doesn't give veterans the 'right' to break the law Syttfe ,

Wow!

----------------

There is another pipeline along that same route, what's the big deal?

Wow!

----------------

Shooting them is a tad hyperbolic no? At any rate, welcome them to the mace/CS party and let their loved ones know where to bail them out at. Fuck'em.

I liked the water cannon in freezing weather

Wow!

----------------

There is another pipeline along that same route, what's the big deal?
Psychos getting attention.

I'd think all this protesting was stupid if not for routing the pipeline UNDER A LAKE?

I wouldn't want that either... wtf?

Go around it.

I have my own water well, and if the DNR came to my home and said they were going to dig under my well and run a fucking oil line, I'd tell them to go fuck themselves too.

I'd think all this protesting was stupid if not for routing the pipeline UNDER A LAKE?

I wouldn't want that either... wtf?

Go around it.

I have my own water well, and if the DNR came to my home and said they were going to dig under my well and run a fucking oil line, I'd tell them to go fuck themselves too.
The protest organizers even agreed to a plan where the pipeline gets built but with the route moved a little bit. It was refused.

"Guy Dull Knife"?
lol.gif

The protesters need to arm themselves. When the loons took over the bird sanctuary in Oregon the police left them alone. These protesters need to take a page from their book, especially because their cause is actually legitimate.
Their cause is far from legitimate.

Forum List

Back