U.S. Tanks Fail To Place in NATO Tank Competition

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City

You have got to be kidding me? The Abrams is an awesome machine. The only reason this could possibly happen is a lack of training due to financial constraints.

The challenge featured seven tank platoons in total. Denmark, Germany, Italy, Slovenia and Poland all competed with one platoon, while the United States sent two. Each platoon included four tanks manned by four men. Germany took the gold in its Leopard 2A6 tanks, while the U.S. Army in the M1A2 Abrams didn’t place.

The original source w/lots of links @ War News Updates: U.S. Tanks Fail To Place in NATO Tank Competition

You have got to be kidding me? The Abrams is an awesome machine. The only reason this could possibly happen is a lack of training due to financial constraints.

The challenge featured seven tank platoons in total. Denmark, Germany, Italy, Slovenia and Poland all competed with one platoon, while the United States sent two. Each platoon included four tanks manned by four men. Germany took the gold in its Leopard 2A6 tanks, while the U.S. Army in the M1A2 Abrams didn’t place.

The original source w/lots of links @ War News Updates: U.S. Tanks Fail To Place in NATO Tank Competition

Hard to believe.

All European tanks placed, the "Western" tank did not.

Seems OK to me........Euro judges did not place the Abrams. But we Americans know what the Tank can do, and what it is fully capable of.

Shadow 355

You gotta understand that NATO has become an anti-American propaganda organization just like the U.N since Barry Hussein started his non stop world apology tour.

This is kind of funny. You guys coming on here, believing the US military is the best, must be the best, has to be the best, and then when there are signs it isn't the best then start attacking saying it's anti-American propaganda.

Maybe the US just relies too much on technology and believes more in that than on actually training troops to be the best.

Best Fighter Pilot Competition — Military Forum | Airliners.net

Found this from 2002, seems an Italian guy won it.

Can't find anything else. But still, it's not a US pilot winning it.

Are tanks as important to an army as they used to be? It seems to me that they are not the central force they once were.

This is kind of funny. You guys coming on here, believing the US military is the best, must be the best, has to be the best, and then when there are signs it isn't the best then start attacking saying it's anti-American propaganda.

Maybe the US just relies too much on technology and believes more in that than on actually training troops to be the best.

It is relatively unimportant if the US military has to make do with trash.

What really matters is that the war profiteers and their hangers-on make enormous profits exploiting the wealth of America.

It is relatively unimportant if the US military has to make do with trash.

What really matters is that the war profiteers and their hangers-on make enormous profits exploiting the wealth of America.

Yes, I agree.

Forum List

Back