U.S. shipping B61-12 gravity bombs (nuclear) to Europe early.

As opposed to the SRAM which is also dropped from bombers.

All I'm saying is... calling a bomb dropped from an airplane a "gravity bomb" is unnecessarily pedantic.

I could say, "My cheating, stealing, viscous, soul-sucking Ex" ... but, I just say, "My Ex". All the rest is implied.

All I'm saying is... calling a bomb dropped from an airplane a "gravity bomb" is unnecessarily pedantic.

I could say, "My cheating, stealing, viscous, soul-sucking Ex" ... but, I just say, "My Ex". All the rest is implied.
[/QBilly.

Point taken, and the article is wrong anyway. A "gravity bomb" by military definition, is unguided. It follows a ballistic trajectory to impact.

This has steerable fins and a guidance system. That classifies it as a "guided bomb".

This has steerable fins and a guidance system. That classifies it as a "guided bomb".

Then that would be a gravity-accelerated, electronically calibrated, drag-coefficient assisted, bomb.

I'm inclined to see this as an ominous development.

It's what you get when a nation allows national elections to be stolen against the people so that an external agenda carried by foreign nations can be carried out at the detriment of its own people.

If you think they justified far too much seizure of your freedom over a little virus, just wait to see what the chicom-controlled politicians intend to violate of your rights and liberty once they start blaming Putin for nuclear war.

Three ways one can look @ this situation;

1) People like to play with fireworks that make a BIG bang.

2) It's better to go out with a bang than just fade away!

3) It's not the warhead that gets ya, it's the explosion!
Here is the correct quote from Putin, in Halloween costume.

Then that would be a gravity-accelerated, electronically calibrated, drag-coefficient assisted, bomb.

Yes, no...laser guided, no, the drag can't assist. It can only detract. Having a low drag coefficient merely means the amount of drag is less.

But, as an aviator, you already know that!

no, the drag can't assist.

Control surfaces on any flying aircraft operated by increasing drag on one surface and increasing lift on the corresponding surface. You can't have controlled flight without the ability to manipulate drag / lift coefficient.

Control surfaces on any flying aircraft operated by increasing drag on one surface and increasing lift on the corresponding surface. You can't have controlled flight without the ability to manipulate drag / lift coefficient.

But it doesn't assist. Assist implies gain.

Forum List

Back